Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

How does this one tamriel update compare to the way guild wars 2 does things? I know its a bit different already since gw2 only scales you down to a lower level in PVE zones not up to max level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Zaekkor posted:

So are super invisible Nightblade criminals a thing? Are there any benefits to being a criminal? (ie: is stealable loot actually worth while, etc?)

It sounds fun in theory, but I wonder if it's even worth doing?

Note: Never played the game and only have 15 hours total in TES games.

Downloading game as we speak for free weekend.

Every character is going to be stealing anything not nailed down. Legerdemain is the thief skill line and it is on every class. You can lockpick chests, pickpocket dumb npcs, and just plain old steal poo poo that is lying around.

I don't think its a very good source of income at high levels ( though I don't actually know) its very helpful to a new character and pretty fun too.

And yeah nighblades can be invisible and in PVP will just pop out of nowhere and ambush lone players.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

When I try to login I keep getting error 200. Are the servers down or am I hosed for some reason?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

For some people. Many of us have the same issue as before. Doesn't seem like the maintenance fixed it.

Yep same thing for me

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Error 200 for me

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hi should I play this game again? can I buy a house yet? is it like ffxiv where there is a finite number of houses and all of the houses are already owned by bots and erotic roleplayers?

You can buy a house. All the houses are instanced so no ERPer is going to keep you homeless.

Game is pretty fun. My highest character is level 49 right now so I am not an expert but I like playing it.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

DreadLlama posted:

Can you learn to silly-walk from a box or is it money-only?

Crown store only

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dinurth posted:

Are treasure maps ever worth doing? I've never seen anything from one that wasn't instant deconstruct.

With the lost treasure add on doing them consists of walking to an X on your map. I'd say that's so easy it's really not an issue

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

MF_James posted:

Leveling as sword and board is painful, don't do it, go 2hander, dual wield or destruction staff

If you really want 1 hand and shield keep it on your second bar when that unlocks at level 15. When you turn in quests have that bar up so the XP pours into it. The primary weapon bar will still level way faster so it doesn't hurt your progress or anything.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

StarMinstrel posted:

All right I'm also intrigued about another thing: how viable is it to have multiple types of weapons? Could you play as an archer that switches to dual wield when the enemy gets close? I saw a tip related to using a quick ardor potions. Can you quickly switch between weapons set using that?

This is the standard for a stamina build for basically every class so yeah its totally viable.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I haven't really played any MMOs in years.. like 6 years. is this a game you can just walk away from at any time (Obviously not talking about raids and 5 mans)

Like if my dog starts shiting all over the floor am I going to be pissed off that I had to run away from my screen because I'm punished horribly for dying.

Looking for someone persistent and casual as fuuuuck these days.

Death is a little equipment damage that can be repaired at any merchant and either you use a soul gem to revive on the spot or get teleported to the nearest wayshrine.

Nothing serious at all.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

TipsyMcStagger posted:

what's a stam sorc?

Muscle wizard

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

Cool.

What's respeccing like in this game? Can you do it and how easy is it to do a lot?

In addition to what has been said it costs a set amount per skill point reset. So its super cheap at low levels, go crazy.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Speaking of which, is there any way to get the items I bought from a guild store to show up in my mail without logging out and back in again?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

MF_James posted:

Anything that forces a full load, so a zone change will work.

That is still pretty stupid unfortunately.

BadLlama posted:

So I am a low level tank and just ran spidercluth? How am I suppose to draw aggro to all those mobs when the only taunt thing I have is to run up and stab each individual mob with the taunt stab whatever its called.

Inner fire from the undaunted skill line is a ranged taunt. Still single target though.

Afaik in this game you should be keeping the attention of the biggest threat at any given time, not every single mob. But I'm not an expert on this by any means.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Grimes posted:

For those who missed the Steam sale of ESO, the Humble Bundle Store has a sale on, now.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/elder-scrolls-online-weekend/

Nice it even has 10% off the morrwind upgrade

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

Can i apply that humble bundle gold to the Steam version of the game? I've never done something like that before and I know Steam can be weird about that.

I think you can apply the code to your account through the ESO website. But I have not done something like that so I can not be certain it works for the steam version.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Is the Stam sorc guide in the op still good?

Dual wield seems like a good choice so far but bows has thus far seemed like a waste of time and I'm in my 30s.

Stamina sorcerers are still good and that guide works great. It's probably the first build in this game that has really clicked for me and it's really fun.

I feel nearly unkillable in most fights and really just need to watch out for big one-shot attacks.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Are there enough skill points to max out all the crafting while keeping a character combat viable?

Yes. There are an absolutely ridiculous number of skill points in the game. It will be a pain in the rear end to collect all of them, but you can easily have every skill and passive you need to wreck face in combat just by doing normal stuff and collecting sky shards along the way.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

basalt posted:

I'd assumed that "sets" referred to specific armour sets with unique appearances (since that's usually how it works), but this seems much more open. I'd also forgotten that armour types each have their own skills; focusing on one type makes sense in that context. It's encouraging to know that my fashion won't be too compromised for the sake of function.

Hundings and nmg are crafted sets so you have a ton of freedom when it comes to fashion.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

00Fresh posted:

Got this a few weeks ago. Level 14 and don't know what I'm doing other than stabbing things.

No, you got it

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tei posted:

Mommy, what is that man doing to that other man?

Edit:
Also, gently caress tribunal. Azura is the only decent god.

She's really not!

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

azura is pretty awful. i can't think of a single divinity in the series that is unanimously good.

The aedra seem to be ok in general but they are also not explained very much.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tei posted:

This is the simple most rear end in a top hat move in the ESO universe, other than the whole white elves thing

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Levitation_Act

gently caress the levitation ban.

They really don't have to have an in universe explanation for everything. That's how you get Star wars lore and no one wants that.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

SoggyGravy posted:

So, returning player here and I'm not sure why but I have like 33,000 crowns. What's the general consensus on what is worth spending them on? Also, how is the Warden class? seems cool at least.

On another confusing note - seems like the expansion came out today but it still is listed as pre-order?

Buy a merchant assistant and the pack that lets you use any race in any alliance (if you want to pvp)

I think this is technically an early access period it "actually" goes live on June 5th

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Rookersh posted:

So prior to release they mentioned you could now start a new character that starts in Vivec City rather then the Vestige. Is that still the case, or?

If it is, did they ever mention how that character moves on to becoming the Vestige and playing through the actual main plot?

I started a redguard warden, skipped the tutorial, and started on a ship right outside seyda neen just like TES3

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Prof_Beatnuts posted:

Couple of questions

1) Ps4 and PC and Xbox use the same servers but PC can use addons? Doesn't that make it unfair?

2) Is it buy to play or not? I don't get the subscription system

3) Should I just wait for Morrowind to come out and hope they bundle so I don't have to pay more than I should?

1) no cross platform play

2) subscription is not needed, but it lets you have access to all the DLC (not morrowind) and gives you an unlimited inventory for crafting materials

3) there is already a morrowind bundle and its a pretty cool addon

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Prof_Beatnuts posted:

Is the plus membership more or less required to have fun?

No its nothing that dramatic. If you want to craft its almost necessary but just playing the game its no big deal.

It also gives you crowns, 1500 a month, so if you plan on spending money on the game anyway its a good value.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Prof_Beatnuts posted:

2) I currently own Morrowind and the original game. Can I get most of the stuff done in the lower levels without buying the expansions?

Yes, no question. The skill lines added by thieves guild and dark brotherhood are in no way mandatory. They are things you fill when you are just sitting on skill points with nowhere to go. And orsinium is nice, but really just another zone.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tei posted:

Wait a minute!, for us dirty peasants the release is tomorrowish? day 6? Or are my poor brain confused? ... day 6 is... tuestday.

Most video games release on Tuesday

I don't know why

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dvsilverwing posted:

Are CP levels super fast in comparison to normal levels? I'm at 50/CP160-something with my Templar when I stopped playing, and I remember gaining levels crazy fast before I stopped playing in comparison to the level 18 Warden I'm playing now.

Yeah they go pretty fast the 160 just in general and you also gain enlightenment to level you much faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

pakman posted:

I bought the Steam version of this game over the weekend for $20 and played for a few hours. Apparently I start in Morrowind and not wherever the OP says you do? Did I buy the wrong version of the game? I didn't buy Elswyr as I'm still deciding if I like this game or not.

If you have the game with the morrowind expansion you will start in vvardenfell and not the faction specific city. Which is fine because morrowind is a good expansion and it's main quest is better than the base game.