Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah you can use a pad on PC. It's the only way I can tolerate playing it honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

WarEternal posted:

I just started playing this week and in retrospect I should have just dropped group, but I just had the most boring-rear end dungeon run of all time. Normally these things rake like 10 minutes but I swear to god none of the other 3 people were pressing buttons and it took 45. Every boss took 10 mins to basically kill by myself. Zzzzzzzzz

Last time I did a dungeon queue the tank blamed everyone for being slow while he did nothing but hit the taunt button and guard the entire time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

This is going to sound like an absolutely stupid question, and I don't know how best to put this, and I fully admit it's a stupid question, but what sort of build would be the most "Lina Inverse"? Sorc of some kind, I guess?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Diddler posted:

Wikipedia says "Lina Inverse is a young yet very powerful sorceress travelling the world in search of adventure and treasure" so a sorc build, yes. I dunno what her powers are, but you can compare them to this: https://eso-skillbook.com/skilltree/sorcerer and see if you can copy the skills. Staff skills would be fire, lightning, ice, or healing.

Yeah, I guess the thing is she mainly casts using her hands and is decent with a sword. I guess 1H&S and a fire staff and just try to pretend the shield isn't there lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sedisp posted:

So is the pvp in ESO really that bad or is it just thread hyperbole?

It's got neat ideas but it's not fun

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Snowy posted:

Hyphenates-His-Name

lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Provides-Bad-Parses

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

GMG has a sale on - what edition of Greymore or Blackwood do I need to buy if I only have the base game and want the other expansions? It's not especially clear.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Blackwood is the upcoming expansion, and is not on sale.

Well it is but it's just the 15% so it's probably a preorder discount thing.

Thanks for that though!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Are guilds per character or per account?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Neat, in that case if someone wants to chuck @kirbysuperstar an invite that'd be super.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It likely won't matter for standard dungeons anyway as long as you make some effort to keep your taunt up. Veteran and trials might be a different matter but you can worry about that if and when you get to that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Raged posted:

Does anyone here play from Australia? Is it even playable? I'm in Sydney and when I ping the server I am getting constant 300 plus which is bad even for a MMO.

I'm in western Sydney and I use a VPN to get my ping down to like, 180? I can work with that but I don't do any hard poo poo or PVP.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Man it sucks when two not-50s get matched with two 1200s and the 1200s just spring through and pull everything to the end while the newbies die and have to wait till combat ends at the same time the entire instance does and get no loot/EXP other than the random dungeon bonus

:smith:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Haruharuharuko posted:

So is the game still crashy as gently caress or have they figured that stuff out yet?(6 years in)

I think I've only had one crash and that was uh..pre-Elswyr?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lysandus posted:

It's really cool how some of the conversations in the expansion's story are different if you are in the dark brotherhood.

Oh, that is really cool!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I kinda want to get the new expac just because of companions - I like that system a lot in TOR and trusts in FFXI/XIV..

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Wow you weren't kidding. I hope the weekly ones give out more points because gently caress.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Books On Tape posted:

How is the game on PS4? In particular, are the controls any good? Any classes that are more ideal for a PS4 controller scheme?

I mostly play pad on PC and the only thing that's annoying really is bar switching is on the d-pad. Ults and synergies are on a two button press thing but I don't think I've ever had one fail.

I can't say anything to the performance on PS4 but do note that PC/Xbox/PS4 all have separate servers and there's no addon support for console.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

xZAOx posted:

TIL that if you're in the middle of a public dungeon, and your dungeon finder group pops, when you're done it sets you outside the public dungeon and you gotta go through it again :(

You'd think I'd eventually learn not to do this, but, well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/register/account-information
1. Create account, confirm account, log in, create character, close. Repeat X9
2. Go to your main account, create guild. Send invites to your 9 accounts.
3. Log in to each of the 9 accounts again, accept the guild invite.
Congrats, you now have a 500 slot guild bank.

You need to create the characters before you can send the guild invite. You don't need to actually do the tutorial.

You obviously need 9 email addresses to do this, you can use the . trick in gmail so that anonymous@gmail.com and an.ony.mous@gmail.com both work but ESO sees them as different. Or make new emails, or some combo of both.
You can't do this in steam, but the steam install works as a stand alone client, so you don't need to redownload anything.
It'll be in Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client ESO64.exe
You don't even need to close steam to do this. If your computer is powerful enough you can even have your main account running and logged in, while doing it, running two instances of the client, saving you a few minutes by weaving the steps so you can do create, send invite, close and not have to log in to each account twice.

Everyone is allowed 5 guilds, so you could also team up with 4 other people, each make 2 alt accounts and have them all join your guilds. Or do all the work and give four other people who are less willing to waste 20 minutes a free guild bank.

I had to use https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/free-trial instead of the other register account link, otherwise the trial wasn't added to the account and I couldn't log in. Just FYI I guess.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I think you might be able to click "already have an account" to enable the free trial, but I changed the link just in case, I did all this a year ago.

Yeah I tried that too and it just took me to a help page saying "yeah you can log in!" when I couldn't and there was no Trial activated on the account. So I made ten accounts instead of nine :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

-is there a significant difference between 1 handed weapon types or just cosmetic? going 1h/shield

https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/twin-blade-and-blunt

I am not sure on 1H&S though

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

I can't decide if I want to be a DPS or a healer so I'm being both. If this is wrong too bad I'll make a better character next time. (I love casting that heal spell as I run around hitting things!)

The game's freeform enough that you can just chuck a Resto staff and a few skills on your Bar2 and queue as a healer and that'll be fine, respeccing is stupid easy and encouraged

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I wish dungeon finder wouldn't keep giving me White Gold Tower. What a boring-rear end dungeon

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Actively using your CPU is not going to strain it in any remotely measurable fashion unless your çhassis airflow is completely terrible beyond words and your thermal paste is non existent.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Barreft posted:

Unless using over 70% of my CPU all day while I play ESO and other stuff at the same time is okay.

Of course it is, it's only a problem if it interferes with stuff running or you hit thermal shutdown.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

insane anime posted:

I would beat the fhcuking poo poo out of all of you noobs.

I will not at all refute this claim

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Is there a nice house for poors like me who have about 100k at best?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

insane anime posted:

im waiting for you guys in imperial city :D

Some AD fellow found me while I was opening a chest and getting a skyshard and waited very patiently for me to finish before destroying me in two seconds flat, very kind

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Northern Elsewyr's story was fun. Cadwell is..whatever, but I like Abnur.

Then I went and made myself chief of an orc clan, oops

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Comforts-Your-Mother is still my best character name

very good

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I met the Duke of Crows outside a Delve in Blackwood last night and he's my new favourite character, sorry Abnur.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Snowy posted:

That’s where I’m having trouble. First I tried the game, then the site. I either get error 500 or bounced back to login with no other info

E- or 404

I just tried to go there and got a 500 so yeah, seems there's somethin' fucky somewhere

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Maiq seems.. Expensive

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

insane anime posted:

MAIQ DICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bustem:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Acht posted:

I'm playing for a year I think now, CP1100 or so, and I have yet to buy / check houses... I wonder what happens when I do.

the real endgame begins

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

good boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

just actually bothered to read the OP, this has the equivalent of WvWvW? buying immediately

Cyroidil and Imperial City are very silly places.