Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
gently caress! As I was typing FIRST POST ALL HAIL FLOOBY boho went and snaked it and now I don't even remember what I was gonna say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

PureRok posted:

New gear is pointless, levels are pointless. It's all the same homogeneous mess now.

MF_James posted:

By all means, try to level up to 50 with level 4 gear and not spending attributes/skillpoints since new gear and leveling don't matter anymore.

Holy hell, I rarely ever bother to respond to stuff like this in this thread but GODDAMN is one of these wrong and one is incredibly right. Care to take a guess, reader?

Also, ask Trial runners and PvPers about how useless gear and levels are lol.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Aramek posted:

Made a new toon, Magsorc, since I'd never done one.

Shocks-and-Awes. The smuggest Argonian.

Holy poo poo 5'd. May you live 1000 years, sir.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

boho posted:

So here's the unwritten ESO manual:

Solo Play:
-Do whatever the gently caress you want. The content is trivial with an IQ above room temperature. It's an Elder Scrolls game.

Group PvE:
-DW is the primary weapon of choice for Stamina DPS. When someone says "that sucks" in the context of Stamina, they mean "compared to dual wielding."
-Bows are not a viable primary weapon (~70% the damage of Dual Wielding). They are an excellent secondary weapon. I will attempt to vote kick anyone using a Bow as a primary weapon in any instanced content.
-2H aren't really viable either, but it's better than a Bow. They don't make good secondary weapons. I don't care if people use a 2H in normals, but in vets, kickaroonie.
-Things get fuzzier for Magicka DPS because there are far fewer brain dead Magicka DPS than Stamina. Any kind of destruction staff is fine, Fire excels single-target, Lightning AOE, Ice for CC/survival. Dual-wielding Swords is a viable option for some Magicka classes, notably Templar. Resto Staff is a fine back-bar choice, mainly for how quickly it can regenerate your Magicka with heavy attacks.
-Only tanks should use 1h/Shield. No exceptions.

PvP:
-Really it comes down to the meta at the time, but 2H deserves a special mention for essentially being designed with PvP in mind. It's great all by itself, but it really shines due to the fact it can fill in any gaps in your class kit. Does not apply to Magicka.

Congrats, you've just become the build version of JackBadass. Bolded is when I started laughing IRL.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Except it's true? I haven't seen anyone perform well with 2handers since they hosed up animation cancelling and gave dual wield a shitload of self-healing capabilities, with or without Maelstrom drops.

Partly, sure, but reality is that most people out there running dw/bow aren't you, man. They're loving pubbies with 14k health and a build they barely understand and why oh why do I keep dying over and over. Sure, animation cancelling on WB isn't what it used to be but, like, I got over it in about an hour and found the new rhythm and both my stam DK and my stam sorc do a drat good bit of DPS while also not dying.

But just LOL at booting people using 2H. Can we just go back to hating bowblades like it used to be cool to do? Also you goddamn kids just won't get off my lawn, etc.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

tgidieday posted:

As a final word for the newly-minted stamina experts: I've played with you. I know how much dps you do. Stick to giving PvP advice.

:iceburn::commissar::boom::smugdon::vince::vince::vince::boom::parrot::pluto::master:

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

sluggo is mad posted:

I wanted to mention you and floobs as folks to talk to about 2h. You guys both manage insane damage with 2h builds. My 2h dk does garbage dps, but It's my inability to ani cancel with 2h. I manage great sustain and respectable dps with my dw stam sorc, but weaving with dw just works better for me. The best advice remains play what you're enjoying. I've run with plenty of good solid 2h players, I am just not one of them. Four dps goon runs remain the single funnerest thing we do, and it's always just come as you are, we usually manage to limp through. Also, come back ennuid, 1T is p cool.

SLUGGO!!!! Been a while, man. But yeah, like ennuid said, it comes down to buffs and debuffs a lot which, on my stam DK in particular, are the bread and butter of my 2h deeps. Also, figuring out the now hosed up weave pattern. Once you have the feel for it, though, it's pretty straightforward from there.

So on your DK always be running Noxious Breath. For everything. And Claw. And Razor Caltrops. Basically, it's all about that debuff - DOT - DOT - DOT - smash - DOT - smash - smash - smash. Rock a Precise greatsword for mobs and Sharpened Maul for singles/bosses. Also, my dirty trick to melting mobs is running Reverse Slice over Executioner. So it's like caltrops out, breath everything, Brawler weave until 40% percent, then RS the whole drat thing down. Pretty similar for single target except get Claw in there on the reg and WB weave. Also ults. But yeah. Bottom line is the weave is weird as hell now and if you don't have it this won't work. Do what feels good and works for you. Or practice the weave. Love the weave. Don't bereave the weave.

Also yeah I haven't been on in like a week or more and need some cray cray dungeon smash "4 Deeps Boss Weeps" madness.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Rollersnake posted:

Can anyone weigh in on the usefulness of Daedric Mines and its morphs, particularly in tanking strategies? I'm not even to the point where I've unlocked it, but it seems like there's a lot of potential there—assuming, y'know, enemies actually fall for it. And while at a glance it seems that Daedric Minefield would be the more useful of the morphs, I wonder about the instant-arming aspect of Daedric Tomb.

Also on the wikis when they give a variable for the amount of damage a skill does, does that mean it scales with your maximum magicka/stamina?

Not a tank guy but I doubt it would be all that useful either way. If you wanna PvP, though, it's not a bad skill there.

And yes, skills scale off of the resource they use. More magicka = more damage with skills that use magicka.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

sluggo is mad posted:

Did they drop a standard over where you pulled the ghosts? That happened to me back when you got silver keys for loving it up. It was awesome.

Holy poo poo lol

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

mincedgarlic posted:

I'm not sure what the SA name of the person is but many thanks to the goon who hooked me up with an invite, grub and a sweet weapon. Numerous mobs and assorted fauna have come to feel the wrath of my fire.

Gyshall posted:

another goon gave my character a lvl 26 full kit, which was sweet. goons rock

It was probably either me (@thefloobyest) or Aramek (@aramek). It was most like Ara, though, since he's cooler and nicer than me so give him the credit but I mighta done it, maybe, I dunno.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Hakarne posted:

I'd like to run through them as well for the same reason. I can tank them, but I'm only really available on weekend nights.

MF_James posted:

Yeah I still need ICP and RoM hardmode stuffs, but I really care about stylesssss.

I just need more practice on the last bosses of those 2, typically give up after a few tries on HM because it's frustrating. I'll gladly deeps things for you when I'm around on Nottaslut.

I'll roll with you guys sometime. I know both dungeons very well. If by HM you guys mean Veteran, no biggie. If by HM you mean "read the scroll for godmode" then RoM is gonna be difficult. That last 30% on Na-Kesh is nuts. Either way I still tirelessly bang my head against the wall until it breaks on drat near anything so hit me up @thefloobyest sometime!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Here's your typical vet Spindle I experience:

Burn through the entire dungeon, wipe at least twice at Whisperer HM because Wrobel said so.

Haha yeah. The mechanics on that fight are "gently caress you, suck my dick". Honestly, if the red ring matched up with the actual hitbox for her burst AOE thing it would be a lot better. Then again that's true for a lot of AOEs in this game so :shrug:

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

madstrike posted:

It's nice that i can use just one copy of the game to play on both servers. Unfortunately i get around 230ms on the US server which is a bit noticeable :(

FWIW I get 120-150 in Ohio so it's not like you're THAT much worse off playing with us on NA. Plus, we'll make you stuff and be on at weird hours if you wanna have breakfast and play ESO with late-nighters!

Edit:

Poetic Justice posted:

Something else I wish I would have done starting out, when you turn level 10, go to Cyrodiil and do the short introduction quests to siege weapons and stuff. You'll unlock a skill called Rapid Maneuvers that makes traveling a lot less painful. No PVP required!

Also yes, do this! You'll get a couple skill points, too!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

19k crowns. There's no combo of LOL's or emotes that can even begin to describe what's happening to me IRL at reading that.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Not necessarily. Magicka Templars and Magicka Nightblades are pretty strong in terms of DPS as well. People only really go for sorc because most of the "big YouTube stars" use em.

Everything is viable for DPS, except for bow setups. gently caress bows.

The bow thing is sadly true. Some decent overworld setups out there but nothing for endgame DPS stuff really. Sucks. Want a Ranger character but alas.

MF_James posted:

Magicka is the dominant dps at the moment, dunno if it matters which class you play (don't play NB), pretty sure DKs, sorcs and templars are all pretty close DPS wise.
Yeah most stuff when played from the standpoint of the current BSW/Grothdarr meta is gonna sit around the same upper limit. There are, of course, always exceptions but generally most stuff will do the same Big Numbers if you set it up right.

BadLlama posted:

Been playing a lot lately and it seems like if you want to DPS in a way that matters you have to be a Sorc? Sometimes I see a guy roll around with a Bow who destroys stuff but it seems like Sorc just wreck things super quickly.

To expand on the mag dps stuff, yes, sorcs are in the top position right now because they are capable of the biggest numbers under certain situations while having (arguably) some of the easiest setups possible. I run mine with Juli/Ilambris/Moondancer and have Inner Light and Bound Aegis on both bars, Liquid Lightning/WoE/Power Surge back bar and Force Pulse, Frags and Elemental Drain on front. Stupid simple setup but some of the easiest 30k dps you can do. The fact that they self heal through Surge while being at range makes them kind of a no-brainer awesome class with great utility. Big rear end "none shall pass" shields, too. Also, pets! Yeah, there really are some decent pet builds out there now since those little guys got a boost with Homestead. Honestly, sorc is kinda of the most variable class. So many good skills.

Can't really speak on NBs since I haven't really gone down the rabbit hole on them yet but needless to say they can get very, very powerful. Just check who owns the top spots for vMA.

Mag DK is awesome. It's the DOT monster. A button-mashy, stand-in-my-AOE beast. It's main single target spammable is still kinda disappointing but that's not what makes the FlameKnight so potent. It's ALL the dots. More dots than you can shake a stick at. Stack that poo poo up and watch the world burn. Harder to maintain than Sorc or Templar due to the complex rotation and keeping all your dots up and refreshed (hello buff tracker!) but the payoff is pretty good. Also, based on my DOT setup (others might swap some other skills in to mitigate this) Mag DK is the glassiest of glass cannons. Compared to Magplar, Magsorc and Magblade it's by far the squishiest if you're going for pure damage. That said, high risk gives high reward. Make sure to block/dodge/Ult when you need it because hooo lad. Kinda play it a bit more like a stam toon, in a sense. Dunno if anyone gets what I mean but if you do good!

Templars seem to be lacking love in the DPS department these days, which is sad because they are cool and good. Your main spammable is an AOE that procs a passive burst of damage (possibly) every half second and heals you for a shitton. Templars are, IMO, the best solo player class because goddamn there are lots of ways not to die while still doing great damage. Jesus Beam ain't what it used to be but it's still the best execute in the game (especially if you take the Glory morph and say "gently caress it I'll heal through anything"). Blazing Spear is now an actual good aoe dot even if it lost it's snare, Vampire's Bane/Reflective Light is a nice dot, either morph of Rune Focus is useful as hell, Breath of Life is hella dank burst healing to a ridiculous degree... hell, I could go on. But I don't need to. Just play one. Also, Templar probably has the most actual useful Class skills i.e. you can pretty much fill out your bar with them instead of having to dip into Destro/Resto skills to make up for what they lack (well, except for Wall of Elements because c'mon). One thing you def need though is better Ults so go Destro for that and wham bam thank you, ma'am.

Anyway, that's a lot of words about stuff that nobody will read lol. Just have fun and do what you do. Most stuff can be slightly tweaked to take it from weak to pretty good. It's honestly kinda hard to make and actual terrible build in this game unless you have absolutely NO idea what you're doing, so test things out and see what works for you!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah, Scy's build is pretty balls out but really it depends what you want to do. If Trials read what he wrote again. If not, what are you looking to do?

E:

Aramek posted:

Stamplars use Jabs instead of the actual weapon skills most of the time it seems. So, if any class is gonna use it, it'll be them. Just use the Reverse Slash for the execute aoe.

This is also worth noting. Templars are cool and good because they actually have good class skills even as a stam toon. Well, all classes do, but stamplar has more than 2 or 3... kinda.

gently caress it, Jabs is good use it is what I'm trying to say haha.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Hakarne posted:

God vMA is such a loving slog. I'm pushing through so it's not like I'm even stuck, the entire thing is just irritating. The entire experience is basically kill poo poo>randomly die>figure out what the hell killed you>figure out how to deal with it>repeat X times depending on the level>advance to next level to start over again.

Normally I enjoy challenges with a "aha, that's the secret to beating it!" factor, but this one also throws in gear, luck, and almost requiring perfectly optimized set ups. And then drags the whole loving thing out over 9 rounds. I pushed through to arena 7 last night so the end is almost in sight. It's just so, so lovely and I want it to be over with. I feel like it could have been a good idea but was implemented horribly.

Welcome to your first run of vMA! This is exactly what it's like so everyone else take note. FWIW, it's always a poo poo awful experience the first time through. It's very, very mechanics/positioning heavy i.e. you gotta know what to kill and when to kill it and sometimes HOW to kill it based on what spawns next. That said, the second time you run it, you'll remember "gotcha" moments from the first, or what spawns where, and what attacks Boss A does and at what health and all that. Same for 3rd run. 4th. Eventually, you start to know exactly what's up and it seems much, MUCH less terrible and in fact some rounds are kinda enjoyable (5 and 7 will always suck, always).

If you stick to it, it won't be long until you're farming that poo poo in <1hr for weekly mails and hating it for entirely different reasons.

Oh also, the lag is always bad. Especially on 6 and 8. gently caress if it makes any sense but I get the same results every time.

Anyway, yes, it's the worst thing ever on your first clear and, fair warning, 9 is gonna wreck you until you figure out how to do it. But once you get through, you'll be glad you did! Good luck!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Aramek posted:

Play ESO on your Switch!

===

Did Halls of Fabrication last night, it's amazingly fun and hectic and beautiful the whole time and is harder than Maw imo. All of us went in blind blind and figuring out all the boss mechanics as we did it was fun. Last boss especially has the most amount of "unavoidable" damage I've ever seen in this game.

To build on this, it not only is the coolest loving thing I've ever seen in this game but I would agree that it is harder than Maw. Don't believe the hype that just because people beat it already it isn't a beast. They had 6 weeks of practice going in on the PTS. As Ara said, there are lots of straight-up "you made a little mistake? gently caress YOU" moments in every fight and tons of unavoidable damage. It has a brutal drain mechanic. Stuff moves fast and hits hard. Most of all, if you try to sperg out on stack-and-burn rotation DPS you won't have a good time. This place is all about movement, constantly rearranging group position and using dodges and blocks and all manner of "jump around" poo poo and it is extremely fun for it.

I won't spoil anything about it but let me say that if you've ever had any interest in doing Trials, even on normal, this place is a must. It's kinda unlike anything else in the game.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Revol posted:

Does anyone know of any addons that improves the interface for controller users?

Get "Disable Controller UI" and bind it to a hotkey. Double tap that hotkey on login (this resets the UI appearance) and prosper. Use your joysticks for running around and stabbing things and use the far superior kb+m interface for talking, buying, crafting, etc. Seriously, do this and never look back. There are some other (lovely) addons for controller but really that's the best one by far because your UI and all the functions with it will be based on the default layout instead of some lovely scroll-based thing with like a quarter of the functionality.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Digital Osmosis posted:

Ah, yeah, I did that with my main but was wondering if I could experience the old school TESO opening somehow.

New question: So individual abilities rank up if their on your bar, right? Can they be on either bar, or do they have to be on the bar that's active when you get EXP to rank up? There are a couple of magicka abilities I wanna stamina-morph, if I throw them on my backbar (which I never use at this point) will they eventually rank up? Or do I need to take out one of the skills I'm using and put them on my frontbar for them to rank up?

Oh, and finally: Anyone have any experience playing a bear-warden and playing a summoning sorc? I'm sure I want a summoner to be one of my alts, and was wondering if they played radically differently: if the companions were tougher or weaker, better or worse at drawing aggro away from you?

And lastly, both summoners and animal wardens have a skill that's something like "when a creature you have is killed or unsummoned, you're healed for x damage." As a warden.... that basically never happens. Nothing's taken my bear down before, it's always me who dies first. Unless that first dive bomb skill counts as a summon-and-unsummon, in which case the healing line seems OP as gently caress since I basically spam that. Am I misunderstanding how this passive works for wardens? Does it work better for summoners?

Your active bar is the one that gets the XP. So what you can do is throw a buncha poo poo on your off bar before turning in quests and boom, skills level and you get those tasty morphs.

I have played both and a pet sorc is good. Warden has lots of issues right now in anything harder than overworld content (stam warden is decent, mag warden is uh...). For pet sorc the little scamp is your ideal for damage, along with the Necropotence set to get a massive-as-hell magicka pool. If you want the easiest-of-easy-mode pet sorc experience run Volatile Familiar, Bound Aegis, Hardened Ward, Wall of Elements and Liquid Lighting on a Lightning Staff bar and live forever while doing p dece dps. Sparky the Scamp draws aggro fairly well, though since the Morrowind patch has become somewhat of a rebellious teenager in that he wanders off and does what he wants. Still, a decent setup that's easy as hell to pick up. Note: this is a heavy attack build so if that's not your speed (heh) then you might not enjoy it.

And you are absolutely correct on how broken as gently caress that skill line is, because that is exactly what procs the healing passive. So yes, Dive works, Scorch works, don't think the flies work (been a while since I tried this) but yeah, those attacks technically count as summons so you get the passive proccing every time you hit something with your cliff racer and shalk buddies. Combine that with Lotus Blossom and the Vines and Warden has a shitton of constant incoming heals. It's the best thing about mag wardens right now.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

sluggo is mad posted:

FOR POSTERITY: "I mean, if you wanna 1vx my forehead, I'll go down that road." -- Over-Lizard FROID, July 22nd, 2017

Praise unto the Over-Lizard PBUH

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh I see. That's annoying! Thanks, that fixed it. I only have 3 spells on my main activity bar now. :/

I may just remove the points from Soul Trap and consolidate a bit.
Yeah, pet sorc works like that. Both pets function as toggles, meaning they need to be slotted on both bars (or all 3 in the case of Overload) in order to remain up at all times. And yes, you'll have fewer other active spells, but that's the tradeoff, especially once the pets get to morph and become active skills of their own. If you took the Volatile morph (little Scamp) he becomes a big part of your damage output.

Also, and I'm not judging you, just letting you know, that long-term Soul Trap is useless. Focus on your Storm Calling and Daedric Summoning skills along with destro staff. Pair your critters with Wall of Elements and Liquid Lightning and heavy attacks and boom, death and despair for all who dare cross Sparky and Flappy's paths.

The Bramble posted:

All this guild chat is making me think maybe I've missed out after 2.5 months and CP140. Can someone send an invite to @Nhand85, please? Hopefully some goons can show me a veteran dungeons or two when I hit CP160 in a couple days.
If someone hasn't gotten you yet it'll happen shortly. Also there are plenty of us who would be more than willing to drag you on all sorts of adventures. Hit up hberke, myself (thefloobyest) and adeptusminor for all your dungeon and (normal) trial needs. We do stuff whenever the hell and that's pretty regular TBH. The goon guild is very active and there will almost always be someone doing something at any given time of the day.

Famethrowa posted:

Is there to anything to lower load times beyond buying a fresh SSD?

Because holy poo poo. 20 minutes just for character select :catstare:
Also this is very ungood and indeed bad. Sounds like a serverside problem or the client poo poo itself. Just restart. You should be looking at 30 seconds to character load, not 20 mins, even on a hella mediocre system. Gratz, though! You got a true Elder Scrolls Experience lol

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

CLOCKWORK CITY DLC
3. New Trial/Mini Trial - The order you kill the bosses is the difficulty, ( i.e dont kill any and let them all spawn in for the super Hard mode )
:dance::chanpop::dance:
4. NEW TRIAL WEAPONS, ( Asylum (?) Weapons ) Similar to Master/vMA weapons
:dogbutton::bisonyes:
10. ITEM RETRAITS - ITS HAPPENING - Let you change traits as long as you have them researched, Weapons and Armour ( Extra component for this to be done, NO INFO YET )
:hawaaaafap::gizz::moonrio:

My hot takes on this hot breaking news

Digital Osmosis posted:

Zone size wise, DB and TG were what, like 75% of a normal zone? And Wrothgar was around 125%? And Vvardenfell like, 175%? Those seem around right to you guys?

Yeah those seem like pretty good hipshot numbers. The "little" story DLCs also tend to come with a lot of nice "other" content too (like all the stuff in Scy's post above) so small, compact story zone and then treats galore.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Digital Osmosis posted:

So this Imperial City event... what the gently caress is IC good for? It's the only DLC I never touched. Apparently if I can solo a public dungeon, and I can, I can probably solo the story? But I'll need to watch out for being ganked the whole time? And what the hell are Tel Var Stones? Can they be converted in AP / do you get AP for IC content? Because I keep meaning to grind AP to get a bouyant artimitger mace motif for this master writ I got a few days back.

IC used to have the coolest mid-scale PVP in the game, on top of Tel Var coming in hot for doing anything and everything while you were in there, PVE and PVP alike. IC was the experiment of making a "hybrid zone" where story questing, dailies and PVP were all under the same umbrella. It used to kinda work but now there's basically no incentive to do it so nobody goes there on regular servers (the dead pop buff servers are a diff case, roll in as an Emp (farmed) and run in a circle and you can easily make 20k Tel Var every 10 mins). The gear has all been bought out and flooded traders, Tel Var merchants have only a few items worth giving a drat about, and since nobody else is in there you don't get much AP anymore. Also, yes, you make AP in IC for doing PVP stuff. No, Tel Var does not convert to AP as it is it's own special currency with it's own specific rewards. That said, there's basically only one reason to farm Tel Var now for the most part and that's the cheap-as-poo poo Alchemy Satchels you can buy at base that are filled to the brim with various flowers. Single best reason to go there now.

Also note, you don't get the Buoyant Armiger motif from AP. It's a random drop in Vvardenfell zone. AP will, however, buy you chapters for both the Akaviri and Militant Ordinator motifs.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Which actually reminds me of one more question: every time I pop into Sothis, my LFGs echo depressingly into the void. Is zerging not a thing in that campaign? Because zerging is kinda the only way I know how to PVP (note: if you couldn't tell, I don't really know how to PVP.) Any other good ways to grind AP if zerging is out of the picture? Because I don't think repeating scouting missions is gonna get me there, and although I kicked that CP660's rear end in a duel a week back every one-on-one in Cryiiodil leaves me dead in the dirt.

Sotha doesn't have the population for zergs outside of one faction constantly making GBS threads up the map and ruining the campaign until primetime when more than 3 EP and AD are on. So no, it kinda doesn't unless you're DC. If you wanna ride a zerg until you learn how to PVP Vivec is the answer to all questions. It's pretty much always pop-locked and your LFG will be answered. And yeah, if you wanna stick it out on Sotha for AP grinding (don't do this) the only real way to do so is to capture enemy resources (the farms, mills and mines can be solo'd) but again, you'll get zerged, maybe, probably.

If you really wanna get your feet wet in PVP ask in guild chat if the Chill Bros are running anything. Froidbuster is the one usually doing this, but keep in mind this usually goes on after, say, 10PM EST. Weekends are diff, tho. He (and the rest of us who PVP) are always happy to have new goon blood along for the ride!

The Bramble posted:

Thanks for the invite to Goonsquad and special thanks to Aramek for the extremely generous gift of a some sweet cp160 gear mere hours after joining! I finally hit cp160 this morning on Drank-The-Beer after playing for about 3 months. Thanks again to Aramek for making my dream of being a skinny cow-lizard with a pet dog has finally come true...

Also just wanna say that toon is kickin' radm duder. Welcome to the party!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

AD Lizard status: still dunking on idiots. Ask me about the Chill Bros Triple Chaos Dunk spectacular last night :frog:

We were like synchronized swimmers, but with more death. That was a beautiful thing.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Navraz posted:

I'm leveling this build ATM https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post465465565 and i got a question about the Dual Wielding.
I don't understand why i should get it to level 41, is it just for swinging around if i run out of magic?
Basically, mag builds 98% of the time are using Destro/Destro nowadays for a variety of reasons, the main 2 being the sustain changes from Morrowind and and changes to the Destro Staff passives that came with iirc Homestead. The only real exception is this

Aramek posted:

I still use DW swords on my magplar dps.
The reason you get it to 41 is the whole point of using DW on mag is to get really high spell damage and the last passive, Twin Blade and Blunt. TBH, I'd say mostly focus on grinding up destro staff and running a destro/destro setup on pretty much all mag toons in most situations.

explosivo posted:

I was actually wondering the same, glad to hear the dual wield thing isn't really used anymore because I've been following this guide for leveling a Magplar healer but have been referencing that post as well. Is this guy's guide accurate still? The video's like a year old but I've been following the skill layout on the page (which is slightly different than the one shown in the video) and I'm 42 now and have been doing reasonably well healing dungeons despite not having Necrotic Orb or the War Horn yet.

Yeah, that's a fine setup for a magplar healer, and pretty standard from what I've seen. Sure, it's out of date, but most of what's there didn't get reinvented since. As long as you understand why you're using those skills you're fine and can take it from there. If not, feel free to ask here in the thread. We have a couple drat fine healers in the guild (@Aramek and @Khumbu) and they can help you out.

Fwiw, the 2 skills you're lacking are ones that are prime time big stuff in vet dungeons/trials, but it's not th end of the world if you don't have them for chill goon group or daily randoms. Progress towards getting them, but don't sweat it if you don't have them yet.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Gonna go ahead and :toxx: here

I will have an item re-traited within 5 days of Clockwork City launching, or I will publicly destroy all my gold Maelstrom Weapons.

:captainpop::chanpop::trumppop:

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Malthuras posted:

I haven't played in a while and am probably going to regret asking....how are they the meta?

He's actually not kidding, they have excellent resource management and healing. This is mostly for PVP, mind.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Anyone looking to do vDSA should hit me up in game (@thefloobyest) because I always want to do it but most groups are hot garbage and that's being generous. Yes, it can be a slog, but if you're smart you can get through it relatively painlessly.

Except Hiath. gently caress Hiath.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

I'll be curious to see how Crazy King turns out but also LOL they're gonna be CP-enabled then so boy oh boy the shittiness of CTR/Chaosball is only gonna go up.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Hey just thought I'd drop a note in here too that tomorrow night (Friday 10/27) we'll be doing another normal Trial rush at 7:30 PM CST. So come get you coffers and whatnot and bad gear drops or maybe good ones, who knows. Drop a line in the Discord channel or be in game around that time and say something in chat.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Set up a new house today for target dummies and crating stations (nothing special, just the normal stations) so I have an easy, uncluttered place to go parse and make pots. As such, it is open to the whole guild to use if you need a one-stop trash decon and target parse place. Also. if you don't know (someone asked this the other day so) you can go to a person's main house even when they aren't online. So, if you want to, right click on my name in guild (@thefloobyest) and use my poo poo.

Also, in the spirit of being helpful and poo poo, I'll probably follow in Dori's footsteps and be doing a mega :effort: post (with pictures and everything!) on Stam DKs in the next few days. Enjoy Imgur links of Combat Metrics parses and learn why penetration sets are great! Nerd poo poo!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Stamina Dragonknight: or, Stop Worrying and Learn to Love the Heavy Attack
To begin: stam DKs are, like most stam classes, not the most flawlessly easy class to play for a beginner. If you're new to the game, you're better off trying something that has good self healing, a shield, or almost anything other than relying on Blade Cloak and dodge rolling to save you. That said, if you like stam and hate yourself, start here! Why? Becasue stam DKs are cool and good and your friend. Let me tell you why!

Stam DKs own bones for a variety of reasons, but the most simple reason why is the class abilities. Since Dark Brotherhood (or was it TG? gently caress if I remember) Stamina Dragonknights have had some of the best stamina-based class skills in the game. There are 2 or 3 in particular that you will always run because, if you don't, then I'm afraid you've missed the point entirely. Then there are a few after that which are situational but most definitely as awesome, just with less "all day erryday" use. Combine these with Dual Wield and a Bow (like every other stam class) and you have a cool and good class that does excellent damage, is pretty drat survivable when set up for it (there's a reason this class is the main tank class in the game) and is great at making friends, earning a quality living and is generally liked by neighbors.

Worth noting that you should probably be a Redguard or a Khajiit to get the most out of the class. I'm Wood Elf because I'm a moron. Orc could kinda work, too. Just don't be a High Elf or something dumb like that.

Gear
First, here's a Superstar screenshot so I don't have to type all of this poo poo out. I may do a followup post on "stuff stam folks need to know to get big dick deeps" but right now, look at this for general gear/CP/stat stuff. It's mostly all there.

In general, poo poo like this is gonna be the best because armor pen is the main way to get more damage. As I said above, I could go into all the reasons why stam uses certain armor setups but I'll save that poo poo for another post.
Main sets of interest to a Stam DK:
Hunding's Rage
Night Mother's Gaze
Two-Fanged Snake
Vicious Ophidian
Sunderflame
Agility jewelry
Maelstrom Bow (have fun with this)

A lot of these work in a big variety of combinations and some of them are really only for using in a group setup where people are coordinating what they wear. No, not, like, fashion-wise. For babby's first Stam DK, go with a combo of Hunding's Rage and Night Mother's Gaze since they're both crafted and, thus, easy to get from goons and guild stores. Opt for that Agility jewelry and put weapon damage enchants on it. Have a good time.

A Class with (a) MASS (of good skills)
Here's where I talk about class abilities and why they are useful for a DPS DK. Note that many of these, at first glance, aren't main DPS skills, but are useful in a variety of applications, mostly when doing content solo or just generally loving around and having fun.

Venomous Claw (morph of Searing Strike, 2nd skill in Ardent Flame): this is the one. The grand poobah. The thing that creeps in the night. This skill is the most potent single-target DOT in the game. It is beyond reproach and will ALWAYS be a part of your kit. There is no replacement, no alternative. Use this poo poo.

Noxious Breath (morph of Fiery Breath, 3rd skill in Ardent Flame): our big AOE DOT and debuff. Does mediocre damage but applies Major Fracture (-5280 armor on enemies) in a conal area. Used to have a puke animation. Is now green flames. Less cool but still as useful. This will also be a part of many DPS builds and most solo builds in most applications. Mostly.

Flames of Oblivion (morph of Inferno, 5th skill in Ardent Flame): A Magicka-based skill that morphs to one that scales on max stat. This is for use in very specific high-end builds and only really works in a trial environment on one hand or in messing around overworld on the other. Probably won't make it into most builds but is good to keep around.

Standard of Might (morph of Dragonknight Standard, Ardent Flame Ultimate): your backbar Ultimate. Some people will tell you this isn't the best Ult in the game. Those people don't have friends but do have an unfulfilling sex life. This deals big AOE flame damage, which isn't great on the stamina side of things, but boosts our damage by 15% and reduces incoming damage by the same. 15%. Does that sound like a small amount? Do I need to explain to you why that's not true, at all? No? Good.

Volatile Armor (morph of Spiked Armor, 1st skill in Draconic Power): it's an armor skill. It buffs your armor, does a small DOT, and returns damage when you take melee damage. Not gonna be used on most DPS specs but will be used in PVP and in plenty of solo scenarios where you need the boost to survivabilty. Also boosts your healing received thanks to passives. It's good. Use it if you need it.

Dragon Fire Scale (morph of Refelctive Scale, 4th skill in Draconic Power): it reflects 4 projectiles within a 6 second window and boosts their damage. Awesome in vet Maelstrom Arena. Fun in delves/dungeons. Used to be great in PVP but doesn't work that well anymore. Probably won't use it in 95% of cases because why would you. The other 5%, though, it is excellent.

Molten Armaments (morph of Molten Weapons, 2nd skill in Earthen Heart): a buff to you and your group and a cornerstone of where stam DK DPS is today. It boosts the damage of your heavy attacks by 40%. FOUR-ZERO-MOTHERFUCKING-PERCENT. You're gonna use this. You must. It's one of the main reasons stam DKs are rockin' big deeps right now.

Corrosive Armor (morph of Magma Armor, Earthen Heart Ultimate): a cool Ult that debuffs everything around you and makes you basically invincible for 12 seconds. Not gonna be general use, but has it's most shining of moments in Round 4 of vet Maelstrom Arena. Also good if you get into a pug group that's wiping on a boss so you can go HeroMode and win.

Now, I could talk about weapon abilities and other poo poo like that but uhhh I'm not gonna post an even bigger wall of text than I just did about abilities. Basically, you're gonna use the above skills because they rule hard and are why a stam DK works .

The Main Build and What This Guide is All About
So at this point you're probably thinking "well, I just read all that dumb crap above but FLOOBS, WHY!?" Here's why! This is the build!

Main Bar (Dual Wield): Noxious Breath, Venomous Claw, Rending Slashes, Resolving Vigor, Blade Cloak Ult:Flawless Dawnbreaker
Back Bar (Bow): Endless Hail, Rearming Trap, Poison Injection, Razor Caltrops, Molten Armaments Ult: Standard of Might

To start off a fight, pop a potion (wep power, wep crit, stam), hit Blade Cloak and swap to your backbar, then hit Molten Armaments and drop a Rearming Trap and the feet of whatever you're about to badly gently caress up the day of. The main rotation is the following, and is piss easy to learn but takes time to master (ehh not really but getting your uptimes maxed does). LA is Light Attack, HA is Heavy Attack, WS is Weapon Swap:
Endless Hail - LA - Poison Injection - LA - Razor Caltrops - LA - Rearming Trap - LA - WS
Noxious Breath - HA - Venomous Claw - HA - Rending Slashes - HA - Blade Cloak - WS and repeat!
You can add in Molten Armaments every 3rd rotation to keep the HA buff up, or every 2nd to make sure you get the most out of Minor Brutality. Also, use Standard of Might (when you have it up) at the end of your bow bar rotation so it empowers your front bar more. Use Vigor when your health is low or you know something's gonna try to make it low.

But What Does It DO?!

MMMMM, delicious DEEPS

Why you should STAM SLAM as a DK, man!
As I showed above, Stam DK has big numbers and that's one of the main reasons to play them. But there are, of course, other reasons as well. Is Stam DK for you? It might be if:
-You have poo poo ping
-You have even shittier ping because you're in Autralia
-You love big numbers
-You want a more carefree, easy to learn rotation
-You love being useful to your group
-You hate being a potato
-Your Skyrim-inspired Sword n' Board Brute build isn't what you thought it would be, you noob
-You've already stopped reading and the joke is played out

Any questions? Reply to this mess of a post or hit me up in game in our lovely Chill Bros Chat Lounge guild chat, or shoot me a mail or whatever you're into @thefloobyest and I'll try to be more helpful than this post was. I'll maybe also post that thing I mentioned about stam classes and yada yada followup stuff I forgot because it's late, sue me. Have fun!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Is your name @Lucifirius? Because if so someone can invite you just that easily! Someone will get to it in the near future, or I will next time I log in.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

lucifirius posted:

Yup, @Lucifirius. Thanks!

Gotcha. Check your notifications next time you log in!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

TheHoosier posted:

Quick interest check since Morrowind is on sale: Does Xbone a decent goon population? I was thinking about jumping in as long as there are people to kill giant monsters/shitpost with

Ask DoriDori240 about his experience playing ESO on XBone and learn why he came to PC. It's, uh, well..

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

TheHoosier posted:

Ill assume it's bad. That sucks; my pc is dead and I wanted to play this again, especially with MW for cheap

My take on his stories is that, overall, if you have even a 5-year-old laptop of middling quality you'd still be better off. Also, we have addons! And a lot of goons doing lots of different content so you'll always find someone to run dungeons with or even just craft you food if you need it.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

arbybaconator posted:

Can I get an invite to the NA guild? @arbybaconator

Sent it earlier today. Hope you got it!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Thursday Next posted:

Does ennuid play this again?

I keep trying to convince him and Pluto to come back but he keeps asking me to play Blizzard games instead haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Hi posted:

run vMA for me on my magplar

Scyantific posted:

You have to ask Flooby for that, he's the masochist in the chill bros squad. Froid Dori and I do ez mode toons.

Scy is correct about my masochism. That said, it would take a lot of convincing to get me to actually play your toon through for you. Otherwise I give sage advice and watch you self-destruct in guild chat.