Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Plastic Pal posted:

Holy poo poo does the DLC go on a decent sale like ever? I'm dying​ to try the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild stuff but cash is just SO painfully thin these days. :smith:

Imperial City went on sale at one point, that's how I got it before I subscribed, so it's not completely unheard of.

Dunno if anything else has gone on sale after then, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Mournhold is good, only thing lacking is a cooking fire isn't really near (have to hike to the nearby inn) but I always have a stack of twenty of each of the provisioner writ foods/drinks on hand so I only need to actually cook for writs like once or twice a month. Vivec City probably is the best because everything is in one place out in the open (bank too even) and the drop off spot is right next to them.

I'll probably park my main in Mournhold (guild traders+ master writs+ Undaunted down the street) while keeping my alts I just use for doing writs at Vivec.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Navraz posted:

I'm leveling this build ATM https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post465465565 and i got a question about the Dual Wielding.

I don't understand why i should get it to level 41, is it just for swinging around if i run out of magic?

The Twin Blade & Blunt passive, when you're dual wielding swords, will give you a 5% boost to all damage you deal. It's the only thing in the Dual Wield tree that's useful for a magicka build.

Destruction Staff has been improved since Scy posted that build, and I don't know if people do Dual Wield with magicka builds at all anymore.

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones

Rollersnake posted:

The Twin Blade & Blunt passive, when you're dual wielding swords, will give you a 5% boost to all damage you deal. It's the only thing in the Dual Wield tree that's useful for a magicka build.

Destruction Staff has been improved since Scy posted that build, and I don't know if people do Dual Wield with magicka builds at all anymore.

Ah, okay, I got a skill from Destruction Staff on my Hotbar so I'm leveling that as well.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was actually wondering the same, glad to hear the dual wield thing isn't really used anymore because I've been following this guide for leveling a Magplar healer but have been referencing that post as well. Is this guy's guide accurate still? The video's like a year old but I've been following the skill layout on the page (which is slightly different than the one shown in the video) and I'm 42 now and have been doing reasonably well healing dungeons despite not having Necrotic Orb or the War Horn yet.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Is there any way to share ESO plus between PS4 and PC or do you need a membership for each account

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

explosivo posted:

I was actually wondering the same, glad to hear the dual wield thing isn't really used anymore because I've been following this guide for leveling a Magplar healer but have been referencing that post as well. Is this guy's guide accurate still? The video's like a year old but I've been following the skill layout on the page (which is slightly different than the one shown in the video) and I'm 42 now and have been doing reasonably well healing dungeons despite not having Necrotic Orb or the War Horn yet.

Honestly I'd recommend not following anything on Deltia's site, the guides are needlessly over complicated (like "okay you're level 13 you'll want to learn this this and this, at level 16 make sure you learn this! etc") which just trips up new players cause you can ignore all of that

And yes most of them are hopelessly out of date (and never great to begin with imo) except for a hand full of contributor ones like GilliamtheRogue's stamblade guide

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

dual-wield is no longer the go-to for magicka classes, just level destro and resto staves. If you're DPS you'll be using 2 destro staves but it's not bad to be able to off-heal or self-heal if you're soloing so level both staves.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I still use DW swords on my magplar dps. I keep a lightning staff on my back bar. With the huge changes to regen in Morrowind, it's good to be able to swap to zappy to heavy attack once in a while to get mana back.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Navraz posted:

I'm leveling this build ATM https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post465465565 and i got a question about the Dual Wielding.
I don't understand why i should get it to level 41, is it just for swinging around if i run out of magic?
Basically, mag builds 98% of the time are using Destro/Destro nowadays for a variety of reasons, the main 2 being the sustain changes from Morrowind and and changes to the Destro Staff passives that came with iirc Homestead. The only real exception is this

Aramek posted:

I still use DW swords on my magplar dps.
The reason you get it to 41 is the whole point of using DW on mag is to get really high spell damage and the last passive, Twin Blade and Blunt. TBH, I'd say mostly focus on grinding up destro staff and running a destro/destro setup on pretty much all mag toons in most situations.

explosivo posted:

Yeah, that's a fine setup for a magplar healer, and pretty standard from what I've seen. Sure, it's out of date, but most of what's there didn't get reinvented since. As long as you understand why you're using those skills you're fine and can take it from there. If not, feel free to ask here in the thread. We have a couple drat fine healers in the guild (@Aramek and @Khumbu) and they can help you out.

Fwiw, the 2 skills you're lacking are ones that are prime time big stuff in vet dungeons/trials, but it's not th end of the world if you don't have them for chill goon group or daily randoms. Progress towards getting them, but don't sweat it if you don't have them yet.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Carmant posted:

Is there any way to share ESO plus between PS4 and PC or do you need a membership for each account

Each account.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the lack of any sort of compatibility between the console and PC versions is pretty lame. Guess that's where Square Enix put their extra money from subscriptions

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Plastic Pal posted:

Holy poo poo does the DLC go on a decent sale like ever? I'm dying​ to try the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild stuff but cash is just SO painfully thin these days. :smith:

The GOLD EDITION goes on sale fairly often and that's generally the cheapest way to get the DLC. You can apply it to your existing account.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Augus posted:

the lack of any sort of compatibility between the console and PC versions is pretty lame. Guess that's where Square Enix put their extra money from subscriptions

It's actually because of the console manufacturers! You see, Microsoft and Sony won't allow crossplay between the consoles, which means xbox and ps4 can't share servers for an MMO. FF14 has pc and ps4 players, of course, but Microsoft won't allow xbox releases that don't have all the features the ps4 release does either, so they can't do ps4+pc server and xbox server. everything must be separate!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Aramek posted:

With the huge changes to regen in Morrowind, it's good to be able to swap to zappy to heavy attack once in a while to get mana back.

How did that work out? Is mana a pain in the rear end now, or is it just a gear change issue? I really should get back to the game and all the new content, seems neat!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Honestly, you'll notice running out of green/blue more often, but they very purposely wanted people to heavy attack for resources more than we were. Which, admittedly, was like never.

They even buffed the damage of light attacks, so you can burst harder with your weave, but run out of juice faster.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

And not to beat a dead horse, but the changes unequivocally suck. I mean my DPS actually improved after the patch on my stamsorc once I got it figured out, but it's just not fun. You bottom out way too easy if you don't run a perfect rotation weaving heavy attacks, and they make the rotation janky and disjointed. I really notice it when I do things like solo world bosses or that one time I did VMA post patch. It kills flexibility because you have to do more janky heavy attacks and completely gently caress up your rotation if you need to use skills reactively/out of sequence.

I'm also really loving bitter because that patch also destroyed my original main, a sap tank. I shelved it for a stamsorc (which is admittedly the bees-loving-knees).

:argh:

/endrant

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I want to make my new sorcerer a vamp, should I just ask around for a bite?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Carmant posted:

I want to make my new sorcerer a vamp, should I just ask around for a bite?

If you're on NA PC just ask in der goone chatte. I have billions(i.e. like 9 out of 14) of toons that have the vampire AIDS and are willing to spread it happily.

Also since I'm already here shitposting, have some details on the new :pcgaming:TRANSMUTATION SYSTEM:pcgaming:
  • It will use a new stone, Transmutation Crystal. This new crafting currency is account-wide, and capped at 200 stones per account at any given time.
  • In order to transmute a weapon or armor, you must know the trait you are attempting to transmute it to.
  • Each transmutation will cost 40 stones regardless of trait
  • Transmutation stones can be acquired by completing Veteran level content (time to put the MMO back in MMORPG, nerds) such as:
    • Undaunted Pledges
    • The Daily Random Veteran Dungeon (you only get it on the first completion, like the xp bonus)
    • Trials, including Dragonstar and Maelstrom Arena
    You can also obtain stones through PvP content such as:
    • Rewards for the Worthy Mails
    • Battlegrounds Rewards Mails
    • End of Campaign Rewards Mails
  • The transmutation can only be done at the Transmutation Table in the Brass Fortress, located inside Clockwork City (pay up, leeches).
  • Alternatively, you can purchase your very own Transmutation Table from the Master Writ Merchant in each faction's capital city for a nice tidy sum of 1250 writ vouchers (LOL; again, pay up you leeches)
  • And of course, all items obtained through this process are account-bound as well (because crafters already make too much money, amirite).

Overall, it will still be a bit of a grind whether you want to get the transmutation stones or if you want that perfect weapon/trait combination. But at least now you have a way to turn all those Training and Invigorating items into Divines or Impenetrable.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 21, 2017

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

If you're on NA PC just ask in der goone chatte. I have billions(i.e. like 9 out of 14) of toons that have the vampire AIDS and are willing to spread it happily.

Also since I'm already here shitposting, have some details on the new :pcgaming:TRANSMUTATION SYSTEM:pcgaming:
  • It will use a new stone, Transmutation Crystal. This new crafting currency is account-wide, and capped at 200 stones per account at any given time.
  • In order to transmute a weapon or armor, you must know the trait you are attempting to transmute it to.
  • Each transmutation will cost 40 stones regardless of trait
  • Transmutation stones can be acquired by completing Veteran level content (time to put the MMO back in MMORPG, nerds) such as:
    • Undaunted Pledges
    • The Daily Random Veteran Dungeon (you only get it on the first completion, like the xp bonus)
    • Trials, including Dragonstar and Maelstrom Arena
    You can also obtain stones through PvP content such as:
    • Rewards for the Worthy Mails
    • Battlegrounds Rewards Mails
    • End of Campaign Rewards Mails
  • The transmutation can only be done at the Transmutation Table in the Brass Fortress, located inside Clockwork City (pay up, leeches).
  • Alternatively, you can purchase your very own Transmutation Table from the Master Writ Merchant in each faction's capital city for a nice tidy sum of 1250 writ vouchers (LOL; again, pay up you leeches)
  • And of course, all items obtained through this process are account-bound as well (because crafters already make too much money, amirite).

Overall, it will still be a bit of a grind whether you want to get the transmutation stones or if you want that perfect weapon/trait combination. But at least now you have a way to turn all those Training and Invigorating items into Divines or Impenetrable.

I'm glad it's going to be a decent grind for this. I was worried that it would be way too cheap and kill the need to ever run content.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

It really doesn't sound like that much of a grind so far unless you're trying to retrait 8+ items all at once, most people I'm guessing will just use it for monster sets or master/maelstrom/clockwork weapons which you only get by doing stuff that already rewards transmute stones anyways.

I for one am glad I can finally gold my kragh shoulder and retrait it to divines cause after hundreds of pledges I'd pretty much given up hope of ever getting it in the trait I wanted.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You know it still loving triggers me that you bastards are calling them Clockwork Weapons instead of Asylum Weapons :argh:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i do know.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Just so nobody misses it—there's a free crown crate promotion that starts tomorrow, and I'm not seeing anything saying it's restricted to subscribers like the last one.

quote:

Want to earn some of these creepy new crates for free? Log into the game and defeat any monster or minion every day, from Friday the 22nd until Sunday the 24th of September. Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM UTC and ends at 11:59PM UTC (that means it starts at 8:00PM the day before for those on the US East Coast).

You'll be rewarded for your efforts with one free crate for each day you participate, so don't forget to log into the game and slaughter some enemies! You'll receive the Reaper's Harvest Crown Crates you've earned (via the in-game Crown Crates menu) on Wednesday the 27th of September--the day before the new season begins. Good hunting!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Is there any feedback from the game saying 'you did this thing for the day'?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Unfortunately no, but knowing now that the game day starts at 8 PM EST (it's already started) explains why I came up one crate short the last time they did this.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Morter posted:

Is there any feedback from the game saying 'you did this thing for the day'?

Well, I mean as long as you kill one thing each 24 hour period, you're good.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

It really doesn't sound like that much of a grind so far unless you're trying to retrait 8+ items all at once, most people I'm guessing will just use it for monster sets or master/maelstrom/clockwork weapons which you only get by doing stuff that already rewards transmute stones anyways.

I for one am glad I can finally gold my kragh shoulder and retrait it to divines cause after hundreds of pledges I'd pretty much given up hope of ever getting it in the trait I wanted.

40 for one item, and by the looks of it like, what? 10 a day tops? I don't know how many trials there are, I only do those casually when Fairy Tail runs and I'm on. I mean, not a huge grind, but I just mean a little more work than "go to blacksmith station, use one common item".

E: Plus more with PvP, I forgot about those ones.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah unless you're a real no-lifer I'm guessing enough stones to retrait one item a week with regular play is pretty well into the realm of possibility. And that's just going off the guaranteed drop list, there's a chance drop from other activities to like just running random normals or any random vet runs you do after the first one. So that doesn't feel too bad provided like I said you're just looking to retrait a handful of super rare, PITA BiS items and not a whole set of gear.

I laughed when I found out the player home versions of the station is going to be 1250 writ vouchers though. I guess they really want players to just use the one in Clockwork City.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

my favorite complaints on the forum are the people that are like "vet DUNGEONS? TRIALS? PVP? MAELSTROM? guess zos has once against hosed me over, the noble solo quester and ill never get to retrait items" and its like lol if you do none of those things why the hell would you need to retrait any item anyways

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah unless you're a real no-lifer I'm guessing enough stones to retrait one item a week with regular play is pretty well into the realm of possibility. And that's just going off the guaranteed drop list, there's a chance drop from other activities to like just running random normals or any random vet runs you do after the first one. So that doesn't feel too bad provided like I said you're just looking to retrait a handful of super rare, PITA BiS items and not a whole set of gear.

I laughed when I found out the player home versions of the station is going to be 1250 writ vouchers though. I guess they really want players to just use the one in Clockwork City.

An MMO? Pushing you to spend money? I'll believe it when I see it, pal.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

JackBadass posted:

40 for one item, and by the looks of it like, what? 10 a day tops? I don't know how many trials there are, I only do those casually when Fairy Tail runs and I'm on. I mean, not a huge grind, but I just mean a little more work than "go to blacksmith station, use one common item".

E: Plus more with PvP, I forgot about those ones.

Quoting from the official forums' Transmutation feedback thread:

Gina Bruno posted:

As for the current drop rates (which are subject to change since we're on the PTS), you're guaranteed to receive Crystal(s) from the following sources:
Veteran Undaunted Pledge
Your first completed random Veteran dungeon through the Grouping Tool per day
Trial Weekly Quests
Leaderboards (AvA, Trials, Arenas, and Battlegrounds)
End of Campaign Rewards (both 7-day and 30-day)
Veteran Maelstrom Arena
Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Additionally, you also have a chance at obtaining Crystals from these sources:
Completing additional random Veteran dungeons through the Grouping Tool
Final bosses from Normal and Veteran dungeons
Rewards for the Worthy

So you will be getting stones from doing the usual dungeons and PvP as well, they're just not guaranteed.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Hakarne posted:

Rawl'kha is my home base.

What up Sleek Creek buddy :hfive:. The guild traders in Rawl'kha are pretty decent too.

Tankchat: Shacklebreaker seems like a cool set, but I don't have MW...would some kind soul be interesting in crafting me a few heavy & weapon pieces? I can provide all mats/tip/etc. TIA!

edit: :stare: vvv

count_von_count fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 22, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gonna go ahead and :toxx: here

I will have an item re-traited within 5 days of Clockwork City launching, or I will publicly destroy all my gold Maelstrom Weapons.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Scyantific posted:

I will have an item re-traited within 5 days of Clockwork City launching, or I will publicly destroy all my gold Maelstrom Weapons.

:smugdon:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Wow! Wowwwww. Wow.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Scyantific posted:

:captainpop::chanpop::trumppop:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just to make it sure that I am 100% serious, when I get home tonight I will post a screenshot of all the gold Maelstrom Weapons I have. Off the top of my head, I have:
  • 2 Sharpened Lightning Staves
  • 1 Powered Bow
  • 2 Sharpened Bows
  • 1 Sharpened Inferno Staff
  • 1 Defending Inferno Staff
  • 1 Sharpened Ice Staff
  • 1 Defending Ice Staff
  • 1 Precise Restoration Staff
  • 1 Charged Lightning Staff
  • 2 Powered Greatswords

This is not a full list, as I have a bunch of 1handers that I can't think of at the moment, and probably some other poo poo that I can't remember.

E: And no, you assholes cannot cockblock me by refusing to do pledges because I know SOME OF YOU want those crystals as well.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 22, 2017

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
Have they expanded on housing yet? I bought that big rear end place in dark elf land but couldn't really do poo poo in it, was kind of disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Depends on what you mean by can't do poo poo.