Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Been waiting for this update. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just as a reminder for new and existing players, you can get ESO Plus + 3000 crowns for less than $20 if you look around online.

You can also get ESO Gold for $32-$35

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Rollersnake posted:

drat it. Oh well, I'm sure running around aimlessly with my wife and a couple of friends pretending to be animal people is easily worth double that, right?

Doubt you're eligible for a refund but the Gold Edition is an incredible value regardless.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

is the pvp a hot mess of lag and stuttering like most of these zerg v zerg games are?

how much of this game is botted and abused by cheat engines

I asked this in the other thread, the AZ campaign was picked because it doesn't lag. I've only played on that campaign but I have not once seen the Cyrodiil lag that the game is infamous for and I've done a lot of PVP. Probably about 60 hours worth by now.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If I could reroll my Templar 200 hours in as a PVPer, I'd go Sorcerer. They look like they're loads of fun.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Morglon posted:

I'm not saying it needs to be blue again or even enchanted or anything but if someone who has everything researched takes maybe five minutes to craft me set stuff instead of me crafting some non set or low set poo poo myself it's a huge increase in power and no I'm not counting on it happening and it won't kill me if I don't get it but last time I asked about gear that was given to me and if at all possible I would at least like to keep the set bonus going even if I only get new weapons to replace my old ones, the rest of the gear is perfectly fine.

Just do your dailies and you'll get properly geared.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I didn't know Morrowind turns 15 in May. That's ridiculous.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
http://www.shacknews.com/article/98829/the-elder-scrolls-online-returns-to-morrowind-in-upcoming-expansion

Proper expansion pack, new class

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Rollersnake posted:

I kinda wish I had fond Morrowind memories so I could share in the enthusiasm, but I'm pretty psyched for a new class and huge new region regardless.

Now is the perfect time to try it with OpenMW nearly complete and you can download Tamriel Rebuilt and get several hundred hours worth of content out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they get multiplayer fully functioning by May (the 15th anniversary)
http://openmw.org

Trust me, it isn't just nostalgia/rose tinted glasses, Kirkbride is the only reason why TES is interesting setting/story-wise .

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

I was told this game is good now. If I'm an EQ2/LOTRO fan, will I like this game?

Do you mind action combat? Do you mind voice acting? Are you a fan of three faction Realm v Realm v Realm PVP? Most importantly, do you enjoy Bethesda open world games? I hated this game in beta, thought it'd fail within six months but it is now the only themepark MMO I've ever enjoyed outside of Everquest.

This is the most enjoyable Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind so I'd give it a chance. You can get a cheap key of the base version here
http://www.gamesdeal.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-pc-mac.html

and the gold edition (Imperial City/Orsinium/Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild) here
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition-pc-cd-key

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 31, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yes. The only thing you can't do with that key is any DLC that's not included (not sure if that's the Gold Edition or not).

the only DLC that you wouldn't have access to with ESO Gold are the two dungeons and the Morrowind expansion. Losing out on the crafting bag kinda sucks but you can learn to live without it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Can I get the $10 version now and then upgrade later on? Any big disadvantages? Maybe just get the cheapo and ESO+? Trying to save money.

People on the Steam forums say you can. Others say you can't. I haven't done it though. Worst case scenario, you might have to get the glory DLC pack on the crown store for 5500 crowns (you can get 3000 crowns for $17-$18)

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 31, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

The cheap key doesn't work for that steam version of the game. Is that bad? Do I want the steam one?

Steam doesn't matter. The launcher is just fine (downloads faster than Steam does in my case) and you can add it as a non-Steam game easily

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

MF_James posted:

They wouldn't cash in on as much hype/nostalgia points going with Vvardenfell over Morrowind, at least that's how marketing looked at it I bet.

Also, super loving stoked as well. If nothing else, I hope the warden can summon a SWARM of cliff racers to really capture my MW days.

Pretty much. Bethesda were the ones that hosed up by calling TESIII Morrowind instead of Vvardenfell.

Also the PC collector's edition is now $79.99 if you have Prime. They messed up and weren't applying the discount earlier.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSDDERO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485893270&sr=8-1&keywords=elder+scrolls+online+morrowind+collector's+edition

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Can you transfer characters to different alliances yet?

Nope. Only reason it matters anymore is PVP though.

Road Ahead 2017 edition
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017

Q1 Homestead
Q2 Morrowind
Q3 ????
Q4 Clockwork City?

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 1, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

rio posted:

What classes are good at pve and is a class that people actually want to play with?

My favorite is Templar but if I were to reroll I'd go Sorcerer.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If you need the Gold Edition, here it is for $21, just used it myself
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1554-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition/

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 2, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

boho posted:

Note this doesn't include Shadows of the Hist, which may actually be considered a benefit.

Are people moving away from ESO+ because gamesdeal ran out of time cards?

If and when Gamesdeal gets those 3000 crown+ESO Plus cards again, I'll move back but for $20 to own everything except Shadows of the Hist. You can still get 3000 crowns for $17-$18 so I'll probably get the dungeon DLC soon.

Some people are moving away from ESO+ because they're mad about Morrowind not being included, I just see it as a benefit to always own the major DLCs because I don't want to have to pay $15 to access content.

Here's the cheapest crown deal I can find atm
http://www.gamesdeal.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-3000-crown-pack-pc-mac.html

quote:

Warning! Only one kind of this product may be activated on each account once every two weeks (14 days). For example, activation of The Elder Scrolls Online - 750 Crown Pack will prohibit you from activating ANY OTHER amount of Crown pack for 14 days. This product is not compatible with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited activated on Steam or Xbox.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 3, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

GrayDorian posted:

That deal says it doesn't work with the Steam version of the game - anyone tried it out?

Part of me believes that the notice is there so people don't buy it trying to activate it as a Steam key... But the other part of me says that if it worked as a redeemable ESO account code, they could just include instructions on how to activate it. Honestly I don't know what to believe.

They also said that I wouldn't be able to upgrade my ESO account to ESO Gold.

Also I'm not sure if I'm too excited about Warden anymore
https://translate.google.com/transl...%2C3308856.html

quote:

Like all heroes from ESO, the Warden also has three skills trees, each of which is a very different aspect of the character. As a nature magician, he is a healer , an animal sorcerer a strong damage distributor and an ice wizard a tank . In the following paragraphs we explain the individual skill trees of the Wardens. Our information is based on a studio visit at ZeniMax. The German names of the skills were unfortunately not yet known at this time and until the release can change one or the other of the skills.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 3, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Just in case anyone is getting the digital editions instead, 10% off all digital ESO Morrowind expansion packs (including upgrade/digital upgrade)
https://www.greenmangaming.com/titl...rollsTitles_CTA

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
PSA for anyone that is thinking about buying the Steam version due to this week's sale... If you want to get in on those 3000 crown deals that I post here, don't. Apparently the Steam version isn't compatible with the crown keys.

If you want to use those cheap crown codes, get this Gold Edition (includes Imperial City/Orsinium/Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild)
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1554-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition/
or
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/293-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/ (base version)

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 9, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

The 3000 crown pack that you linked in Discord earlier worked for me actually, but you have to redeem the code on the website, not in game.
Oh poo poo. Well there you have it.

They said the same "it won't work, do not buy" about upgrading my account from the base version to Gold for all the expansion DLC.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Overemotional Robot posted:

Wait, where are cheap crowns?

https://www.hrkgame.com/games/product/the-elder-scrolls-online-3000-crown-pack/

It's not quite the ESO+ 60 day/3000 crown deal for $16 but it's okay.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Honestly I hated it at launch, thought it'd die within a year but it's now my favorite Elder Scrolls since Morrowind.

If you can get over the fact that everyone else is running around "as the chosen one" and the fact that a sword to the face won't kill someone in 2-3 hits because this is a MMO, I'd say go for it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
The more I read about Elder Scrolls lore, the more I realize it doesn't matter.

Doesn't CHIM and C0DA explain how every playthrough is canon, even with mods and the player using the console to God mode and noclip? TES lore is weird.

I really like the whole "each plane of existence is a different planet" thing so when you use things like Gates of Oblivion, you're doing space travel (which they actually did during the first age while colonizing the moons of Nirn).

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 13, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
One more thing about the lore, Pete Hines responded to a tweet regarding inconsistencies in Fallout 4 such as putting Jet in a vault that had been sealed for hundreds of years basically saying "who cares, it's a video game". If they don't care about lore, why does anyone else?

The only person that cares about The Elder Scrolls lore is Kirkbride and he was fired for locking himself in his office and doing hallucinogenic drugs while creating the lore for Morrowi-I mean "left the company amicably".

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dejawesp posted:

I thought the gimmicky drug names in Fallout 3+ was just placeholders. Because naming them after real drugs would have led the game to being banned in some countries. I know Jet is brahmin farts but it's supposed to be a makeshift version of some other drug.

Jet was established in Fallout 2 as being some sort of new drug IIRC so people got mad when it was in a vault and they had emails talking about shipments.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jet

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Red Herring posted:

It would be this.

The good news is iirc you can use the same account and client to switch between servers, though I may be wrong.

You can... But you can't use those characters. I understand Oceanic users joining the US servers but I wouldn't recommend switching over from EU.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

eonwe posted:

ok so im about to hit 50 on my new char

ill do cadwell's quests and dungeons

is there anything else initially? i feel like i need to work to 160, level up some craft stuff, etc

I think trials are way off right

I believe once you hit 50 it gives you a 4 million XP enlightenment buff so what I'd do is find someone nice to run you through Skyrearch Catacombs 30 times. It's good loot for them and that should get you up to CP50-60 within 3-4 hours.

Once you do that, daily dungeons/pledges/general roaming around and doing stuff along with Cyrodiil should get you to 160 quickly.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
:siren: If you weren't fortunate enough to get in on that $29 Amazon deal for Morrowind, Best Buy just got the collector's edition. If you have Gamer Club Unlocked, it brings down the price to $79.99. Bring the total up to $100 and you get $25 off by using Visa Checkout.

If you don't have Gamer Club Unlocked, you can bring the price from $99 to $75 by using Visa Checkout, $5 less than using up an Amazon Prime trial.:siren:

I got Crash Bandicoot trilogy remastered + Morrowind CE for $93

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-collectors-edition-macwindows/5775805.p?skuId=5775805

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 18, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
So basically they're saying that the computations going on behind the scenes are killing performance in Cyrodiil? Get rid of CP in PVP, who cares? Azura's is far more fun than any of the other campaigns.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Joining all the guilds at the start of your character is a good idea but I must emphasize fighters guild so you can get that dawnbreaker ultimate for PVP.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So are player houses actually on the map ala Star Wars Galaxies or are they instanced?

Instanced. It's why I think the homestead update is useless. You can't even set up merchants.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

MF_James posted:

Why would you be able to setup merchants? That would undermine the auction system, unless you're talking about NPC merchants to sell stuff to?

It makes sense not having them in the way trading works in ESO as is but I'd certainly prefer open world housing where you have players listing their goods and the trading guilds in cities basically placing the sellers outside of cities in a more customizable setting than some wagon on the side of the road. If there were open world housing with player owned merchants, there'd be even more reason to revisit areas and whenever I travel in the world, I always get caught up doing ten other things before I port out because there's always something going on and it really feels like an Elder Scrolls game just roaming around doing stuff. I don't know if that's just me but anything that makes that kind of "emergent gameplay" happen should be encouraged.

Ultimately it's a trade off between urban sprawl syndrome and having a cohesive world that is pleasant to explore and personal preference. This is one of those "too late to implement now" things. I know why the game is designed as it was. The zones are too small for this sort of thing anyways, but I'd love to see future areas do something like non-instanced housing that plays a role in the economy for power sellers, master crafters and maybe even larger venues for the most influential guilds in the game.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 24, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Fuligin posted:

I started playing this recently, and while I like it a lot the constant fog was a real bummer for me. So I tried this Hook 64 thing:

I think it looks pretty good! It comes at no discernible performance impact for me, so I highly recommend it if you are a fellow TES distant lands graphics whore

Is one of those screenshots Red Mountain from the shores of Davon's Watch? I saw a bit clouded by fog when I tried to swim and catch a glimpse earlier this week.

Edit: It wasn't but I can see it now

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 26, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Matthaeus posted:

You can't add the Gold Edition content to an existing account, the code that comes with it is for a new account only.

I did it no problem, just activated the key on the ESO account management page. There's speculation on whether certain digital keys are different from retail keys (the ones instant-gaming provides) but all I know is it worked for me and a couple other people that used instant-gaming after my recommendation. I got my key from https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1554-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition/ and I had a Steam key purchased before it went buy2play and a retail collector's edition key with the pre-order bonus explorer DLC pack.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If you're having issues, switch to the 32 bit client (or vice versa), weird poo poo seems to be happening tonight and it seems to be client-based for some people.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
The game was dogshit at launch. Now it's the only content-driven MMO I've enjoyed since Everquest 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

They're going to put Kirkbride into an early grave