Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Snowy posted:

Maybe this is a good idea to ask a dumb returning player question- I haven’t crafted anything in years and wanted to make some blue Julianos armor. I was using Dogulbon’s Lazy Set Crafter and had plenty enough mats to make the five pieces, but once I hit start it made two of them blue, one green, and two white. They had clearly been blue in the queue.

Any idea what happened?

E- I meant “a good time” but then the server came back so I was wrong anyway :smith:

oooh 7 min queue. lets see how long it stays up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Re: returner

Berke Negri posted:

actually the same since Dark Brotherhood dlc

Thieves guild is the only story dlc to not fall on a q2/q4 cycle (think it fell on a january or q1 some thing)`

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2612-TheQuestingGuide.html

if youre on pc this may help its a drop down guide to run through arcs at release [imo don't bother with cadwells silver and gold]

I haven't played in awhile, but this addon looks great for getting your bearings around all the quests. Dunno if that'll help, but I'll definitely be using it when I get back

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

the non-OG areas are definitely superior in every way

imo for real, skip the old world areas and do poo poo like Vvardenfall, Markarth, Elsweyr, Summerset.

This. Especially Vvardenfall (Morrowind)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Snowy posted:

Dailies in general feel like a boring grind to me, I’m starting to accept that having bad gear and being poor might be worth the freedom

Hell yeah, best part of ESO is just doing whatever you want. Gear barely matters, but just a set on a merchant and yolo

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Snowy posted:

Do any guilds still have much in the way of text chat? I’m still a little nostalgic for my old huge WoW guild’s constant friendly chat going by. I guess everyone uses Discord but I never got used to having discord running while playing.

You can have 5 guilds, so yeah

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Defenistrator posted:

I got the ESO free trial but the DLCs are still locked behind crowns. I thought DLC was supposed to be free?

?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Melee is terrible. Sorcerer/Necro ftw

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

How do you get these accessibility mythics?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Error 404 posted:

Right now there's only the one, oakensoul ring.

You have to level up the scrying skill line (from greymoor chapter, then find 5 leads from doing specific content (admittedly this grind can suck) then you go out and look up each lead. Finding all 5 gives you the ring, you can make more for more characters after that for 25 transmute stones.

Its accessability lies in the fact that it removes one bar of abilities, but the trade off is you get a truckload of buffs that normally come from abilities, potions, etc. Permanently.

This ring, combined with a couple of sets that come from easy easy dungeons is the basis of the Heavy Attack build thats super popular right now. By holding down attack you do about 80% (75-80k dps vs the 100k most dps can do) of the damage a sweaty endgame dps can put out.

Its good for mobility issues because what rotation you do have is like 2-3 skills instead of 10, you hold down attack instead of weaving light attacks, and no barswapping.

Its not brain dead, you still have to learn and do mechs, but its opened up vet dungeons and dlc trials to people who straight up could not do them before, which is fuckin rad imo.

That sounds great. I got so drat tired of switching bars back when I played. I'm gonna grab it tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I've grinded Scrying already, but either way that sounds amazing

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Error 404 posted:

Yeah, each of the 5 leads comes from doing a specific thing (you can google what to do/where to find each lead) and some leads can legit be a big pain in the rear end to get. Worth it though, imo.

As for the build, it works the best on sorceror, but you can absolutely pull good, but lower, dps with any class. The build is p much the gear basically, so once you have the gear you can swap it between your dudes, or build multiple copies.

Another reason I like it is that I can free up skill slots and easily level new skills/skill lines without worrying about doing lovely dps.

I levelled all the tank skills I needed on my necro healer last week, so now I can use my other armory slot to tank (once I build my gear for it ofc).

I was actually only Scrying 4 drat. Just hit 6. Artaeum Scry mines are real lol

My main's a Necro and I like playing this on the Deck at night so just having one skillbar to worry about sounds great.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

What are some "good" solo/semi quests to do? I mean like:

Companion quests
Oakensoul
That story quest that gives you the big house at the end I can't remember
The skeleton polymorph

Just things like that to focus on.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Really appreciated! My Scrying is at 7 because I wanted and got Oakensoul, I'm one scry part away from the 45% run speed ring, but Elden Hollow boss hasn't been dropping the lead.

Once I get that I'll do that, I do need to get Ledger up especially

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The thought of grinding everything up again will keep me away from Arcanist, or any new character really. Oakensoul scry grind alone sucks, let alone all the guilds and.. just everything. They need to make most things account wide by now.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I know it's still pretty early but is there a general consensus on the expac yet? Kind of tempted to jump in but I only play ultra casually so really only story content would be what I'm touching.

ehhhh

As long as you got Scrying and Oakensoul (High Isle I think?) I wouldn't rush to the new xpac as a fellow casual.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Offkorn posted:

That is loving genius.

Anyway, I went and joined the Champion Point enabled campaigns and they were much better. Lot of dynamic back and forth with keep/resource taking which makes half of the dailies easy enough to accomplish in an hour or so. Just fire off some artillery or wave my laser around an embattled enemy group and BAM: 20+ kills.

The scouting and capture one specific resource/keep ones remain a pain in the rear end due to consistently targeting points in the heart of enemy territory, while the elder scroll one is just completely luck based.

Cyrodil... one of these days

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

g0del posted:

You should probably avoid the hallway outside the thieves guild entrance in Necrom. Hundreds of urns, all marked as stealable, no guards to see you stealing, and access to the thieves guild is right there.

On the other hand, if you're looking to max out legerdemain quickly, it's great.

This. If you want to max Ledger do this everyday.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Offkorn posted:

Yeah, it's fantastic. I suggest doing it with Azandar active so that you also get a ton of Research Folders.

In other news, finally sold the epic companion chestpiece I got from a dolmen for 1mil, about a 50% markdown from what I could theoretically get if I had a guild trader... but we work with what we've got. Really hate trying to sell these high price yet low demand items.

holy crap, congrats

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Endless Archive owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpi3YUIpGBI

Barreft fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 4, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Has anyone played Endless Archive much? What's the time investment and is it worth it? I don't care about dress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ewe2 posted:

After a good 6 hours of grinding, I got the Ring of Pale Order, I don't think I want to go through that again. I had to get up to gold level scrying and that put me at a disadvantage for excavating, it was brutal. And then it was the fun of competing for drops with a couple of bosses, is there some bug with the Direnni Coldrock boss, there's TWO of them?! Anyway that took 15 times as did several of the excavations. And then I promptly got thwacked by the first boss I tried it with :v:

Is there any other mythic gear to recommend? Might be just better to get on with crafting better gear. I should get a bloodthirsty ring at least. They go on about pillar of nirn gear but that's a lot of grinding of dungeons.

Oakensoul