Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Do we still have an Argoonian Emperor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Scyantific posted:

Aight so Magicka Templar, like Magicka Nightblade, is one of those classes that can do very well with just its class skills and nothing else. And they can work wonders with them too. Self-Heals, Debuffs, Buffs, Sustain, they have it all (well except for a source of Major Sorcery).

Basics
  • Race Choice: Altmer, Breton, Dunmer, Argonian. In order of effectiveness. Some would rank Breton over Altmer but it's really up to personal choice. I have Dunmer, Breton, and Argonian magplars in my roster.
  • Attribute Dump: Magicka. Everything into Magicka.
  • Armor Specialization: Light Armor. Run two pieces of Heavy Armor if you want more survivability.
  • Mundus Stone: Thief; Thief + Shadow if running TBS (end-game only)

Levels 1-15
  • Grab the first skill in each of the Templar Skill lines, Puncturing Strikes, Rushed Ceremony, and Sun Fire. This will ensure that you level each of the class lines appropriately. Morph Puncturing Strikes into Puncturing Sweep, Rushed Ceremony into Breath of Life, and pick whatever morph of Sun Fire you find more appealing. I personally prefer Vampire's Bane since it means I can keep up that DoT longer and not have to worry about messing up my rotation.
  • Get two Swords and a Destruction Staff. Level the Destruction Staff line enough to get your hands on the Wall of Elements skill. After that, slap it on your skill bar and equip your swords. Leaving the Wall of Elements skill on your bar actively levels your Destruction Staff line while gaining XP. DO NOT purchase any of the active skills or passive skills in the Dual Wield line until it is at Rank 41. You will only need the Twin Blade and Blunt passive from that skill line and nothing more.
  • Level as many skills from all your class lines as possible. With the exception of Healing Ritual, Eclipse, and Sun Shield if you're not going the Blaztank route, they are all good.

At level 15, pick either Resto Staff, Destro Staff, or Sword and Shield to level up.

Eventually you're going to want your skills looking like this:
  • Puncturing Strikes -> Puncturing Sweep
  • Piercing Javelin -> Aurora Javelin
  • Focused Charge -> Explosive Charge
  • Spear Shards -> Blazing Spear
  • Sun Fire -> Reflective Light/Vampire's Bane
  • Solar Flare -> Dark Flare
  • Backlash -> Purifying Light
  • Radiant Destruction -> Radiant Glory
  • Rushed Ceremony -> Breath of Life
  • Restoring Aura -> Repentance
  • Cleansing Ritual -> Ritual of Retribution or Extended Ritual
  • Rune Focus -> Channeled Focus
  • Radial Sweep -> Crescent Sweep or Empowering Sweep
  • Nova -> Solar Prison
  • Rite of Passage -> Remembrance

Can you put this in the OP? This poo poo is gold.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

I haven't been on in a week or two but everyone I've played with in the guild has been awesome and incredibly friendly. You'll get loads of help and if I'm on, I'll even group with you for a bit!

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

At the end, are they implying that you can buy and decorate landmarks in the world? Why show off Craglorn?

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Alexander DeLarge posted:

PSA for anyone that is thinking about buying the Steam version due to this week's sale... If you want to get in on those 3000 crown deals that I post here, don't. Apparently the Steam version isn't compatible with the crown keys.

If you want to use those cheap crown codes, get this Gold Edition (includes Imperial City/Orsinium/Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild)
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1554-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition/
or
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/293-buy-key-the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/ (base version)

The 3000 crown pack that you linked in Discord earlier worked for me actually, but you have to redeem the code on the website, not in game.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

arbybaconator posted:

also:

1. I have a level 47 character - do you guys think it's better to try playing with him after such a long delay, or roll a new toon? It looks like 50 is the cap, and then afterwards CP get distributed across all of your characters...:niggly:
2. Could I get an invite to goonscrolls? @arbybaconator

Rerolling attributes and skills is very cheap and easy. Definitely keep your current toon and work them up to at least CP160 and then you can do another one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

sluggo is mad posted:

Join the DC guild. We need a tabard. Also, being in the DC guild makes your dilz bigger.

Can you send @SiDeath a DC guild invite as well please?