Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Super keen to get back into this game now that 1T has hit. I'll likely wait until more free time during Christmas holidays before I resub. The crafting bags are just too fscking great to not go back to.

Tried a few delve dailies last night and they had decent rewards. Especially getting a chest or two while you're down there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Everything is scaled now.
Find a place with a high density of enemies and kill them over and over. Cold perch cavern if you have Orsinium DLC, Bangkorai has a nice spot if you don't have access to DLC.

2 people in the party (doesn't matter what level) will give you the best XP. Currently the witcher festival is going on that will boost your XP but you can also buy XP pots, use the ring of Mara (marry another character) or subscribe for bonus XP. Ask nicely in the goon guild chat and someone will make you a set of training gear (increases XP from kills).

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Guards don't like water.

There are maps online that show the lockbox spawn locations for each zone's 'city'. There are usually spots you can open these without being seen. Farming these is best way I've found to level the thief line.

Medium armour gives access to passives for stealth but there are also craftable sets that give bonuses to make stealth easier.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Can you do maelstrom arena is a group? I'm a scrub and want to be carried to get my weapons >_>

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Welp, time to git gud

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

The secret to leveling enchanting is to find a buddy who is also leveling enchanting. When you decon another characters glyphs you get significantly more XP.

Edit: it's still the slowest profession to level, but you never need it on more than one character.

bradybunch fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 11, 2016

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

The main game content is pretty great. I'd play through it all before picking up the DLC unless you have a group that runs the DLC for reasons.

However once you get crafting bags, you'll struggle to play without them.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

The Moon Monster posted:

What level of gear are you ready for vet/hard mode at? I've been doing this nightblade tank build and have it pretty much all together except I'm an Argonian and I'm missing the helmet. Also, CP is at 272.

Max level gear is CP160 but more CP gives you more stats. You'll be fine to run vet content with goons but I don't pug so ymmv for LFG

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Next up I'll try tanking! Shame there's no true dual-spec system like WoW and Rift etc have. I assume it's wholly unnecessary at end game but man it'd be helpful right now!

There are mods that allow you to change the entire skill bar and the gear you're wearing with only a few clicks

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Captainsalami posted:

Me and my buddy bought the gold editions to play this together. Do we have to pick the same faction to level together?

Not for PvE but you will have to be the same faction for PvP. Most goons tend PvP in the Ebonheart faction but plenty of us have characters in AD and DC too

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Alchemy and Provisioning are good for every character because the passives increase the duration of food, drink and potions.

Only get the crafting passives that send you mats once a day on one character per account. Getting these passives on multiple characters won't get more shipments.

If you're going to level the crafting lines (woodworking, clothing, blacksmithing) I recommend doing them all on the same character so you don't need to learn styles more than once.

Edit: I was wrong sorry

bradybunch fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 27, 2016

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Oh really? That's awesome, thanks :)

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

The second fishing area that's further away from the wayshrine had significantly less people. The performance quest has been much more frustrating so far.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

I wanted the elk mount but I'm not paying that much :gonk:

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

The problem with crafting your own gear while levelling is you likely haven't researched enough traits to have access to good sets. The 'training' trait is great pre cp160.

It's a good idea to start researching early with as many pieces as you can find while levelling, and deconstructing pieces you find will help level up the crafting skill.

Just ask in guild chat for someone to make you a levelling set of gear or for specific research pieces.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

rizzen posted:

You can craft XP potions? What's the recipe for it?

Psijic ambrosia. There are seven fragments of the recipe. Do provisioning writs or just buy them from a trading guild. To make the drink you'll need a few things including perfect roe, a rare find when filleting fish

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

If you're going for all 6 professions (3 crafting and 3 consumable), you might feel a bit short on skill points while levelling. By endgame you will have enough.

Each zone has skyshards on the overworld and a public dungeon that has a group event for a skill point too. The main quest in each zone has a few points. All the DLC and PVP have a few skill points/shards and of course you get a heap of points while levelling.

You can have a master crafter and still have enough skill points to have decent 2 bar skill set up with passives but I'd level the character first.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

There are guild traders which are like an AH. The chat in major city zones and rawl'kha (reapers march) usually have people selling things.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Why would anyone choose to play a nord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

My partner got a morrowind beta invite. I'm keen to boot up the original morrowind side by side to compare the towns etc