Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Rocksicles posted:

Clark didn't suck, and Supes was aiight!

And he didn't even look all that short. The power of television!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
In the past has Kara left scenes by way of weirdly slow completely vertical takeoff? They did it like 4 times this episode and every time I thought "that looked a little cheap..."

Seems like all they'd have to do is speed her up like 33% and it would look a lot better. As it is it seems like she's just putting her arms up in the air and someone is lifting her out of the frame.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Rhyno posted:

Drunk Kara might rival ice cream Kara for best Kara overall.

Where does Red Kryptonite Kara fit into all of this?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

STAC Goat posted:

Ideally at some crucial point of time Cat will show back up, give Kara a pep talk, and admit shes always known shes Supergirl and couldn't be prouder. So Kara is let off the hook on what she feels she owes Cat.

I would swear this basically already happened but now the show is mostly acting like it didn't so maybe it's just me.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
That Fortress of Solitude defender bot sucks. Last week it gave Cyborg Henshaw like 10 minutes before he was about to act. This week he fires on Kara basically instantly.

Something something reprogramming

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Something something reprogramming (the virus)

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Lol @ that FF15 ad. Kinda excited to play it for some reason but that was pretty bad

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm not looking forward to Mon-el telling her he's the prince and her being mad about it for longer than it takes for him to explain why he's keeping that a secret.

Why is he keeping that a secret?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Anybody else thinks she spends too much time wearing the suit? During the scene when she and Mon-el were training at DEO and he was in street clothes she didn't need to be rocking the suit. She at least needs another slightly more casual suit for hanging at the DEO.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

twistedmentat posted:

Kara did you not learn how to eat a cupcake? You rip the top off and flip it around and smoosh it to the bottom, cupcake sandwich! Not with a fork. Seriously.

I don't think most of the planet is up on the cupcake sandwich technique. Also, I think they were sharing the cupcake which was the part I thought was weird about it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Kara should have stared at motollo for a little longer. Could have made things extra dramatic.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Well next week's episode looks weird and possibly dumb but maybe good.

Who's this chucker that showed up at the end of the episode? Is he a thing?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't even like looking at cyborg henshaw. That mask thing looks so dumb.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I was bothered that her complete disregard of the available evidence was painted as a positive.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm kinda liking these Supershows wearing their politics on their sleeves. First an awkward episode of Arrow about gun control and now Supergirl writing in an episode about refugees (like, more explicitly than normal) with a side of calling Trump a fascist.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Yeah I don't think Maggie needs to be around all the time. Just have her doing cop stuff or wedding stuff off camera.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Vietnamwees posted:

Man, they keep showing that new single mom and her kid, and now she works at Catco?

Ugh, this blows.

Well she works at L-Corp but sure. I don't mind the focus on her so much though yet.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
All the Mars stuff felt very small. Did the White Martian rebels rescue J'onn's father and I just missed a line of dialogue? I thought it was weird that they were able to just go hang with him whenever. Then having like 7 dudes to deal with at the staff... I just wish this war M'gann is fighting felt even a tad more like one.

I liked the earth stuff just fine. nice that things weren't nicely wrapped up with her father but she still got some character growth. I hope the kids thing doesn't keep coming up. Using that as an excuse to have the actress leave for a while would be the worst. We all know this wedding is happening this season. Let's not act like it might not for a couple episodes.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm holding out hope that they will be a happy couple just with Maggie only in the show a few episodes a year.

Her cop stuff and Alex DEO stuff don't need to intersect every week

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So future monel was chillin under water through the entire plot of the show? Would have been awkward if he woke up last season.

Time travel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Her reaction to Flash getting ice cream is still probably the cutest thing ever.

I can not let two people "toasting" with their food (usually pizza) go by uncommented on though. It's a pet peeve of mine. Stop doing this TV. Nobody does this.