Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't wait until Supergirl is pushed out of her own show as it focuses more and more on Superman.

Snark aside, this was really good. Glad they did the Superman that enjoys life and is happy to help. Also completely forgot how adorable Benoist is in this role.

From day 1 I figured if they wanted to add another major super hero it would be Green Lantern. For TV, I'd guess Kyle would be the choice i'd make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I dunno

I forgot Dr Fate in the 90s was suffering from Leifelditus.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hollismason posted:

Oglaf comic.

I love the guy in the first panel with the knife in his back. He expression is so happy.

I wonder if they will do a Power Girl episode. I can certainly see them having Benoist play Kara Zor-L and well as Kara Danvers, and her pulling off the idea that the other is older.

They already did the evil clone as Bizzaro so they won't be doing the Justice League version of the story.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kara has to choose between Braniac and James!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd like to see Winn react to Power Girl, He'd be all "hey Kara...WHOA HOLY CRAP!:dong:". Just give her a short wig and a really good push up bra.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BreakAtmo posted:

I think that's actually official canon - Spidey does hold back - but he pulls his punches to knock them out rather than kill them. Otto being able to just shrug him off makes no sense, but it's mostly acceptable. The other options would have been for Spidey to one-shot him with the movie being half as long, or choreograph their fights so that Spidey literally never gets past the arms.

In the very first issue of Superior Spider-Man, when Doc Ock first goes out as Spider-Man, he literally punches Scorpions jaw off, and thinks "oh poo poo, Parker could have killed me any time he wanted, but never did".

Argue posted:

They should make it so that Power Girl is Earth-Flarrow Kara. They could even do a whole plot about Barry finding her and convincing her she has powers because he knows her double.

Only problem is now Earth-Sad would have a Superperson. Actually, they should do it in the world where the JSA on Legends is appearing, as she was part of that group, though a later addition.

I always just accepted that Krypton was just a civilization that had reached its Apex and said "we don't need anything anywhere else" and just isolated themselves from everyone and were only inward looking. That's why Jor-El was always shown to be a brilliant outcast in most adaptions.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just remembered, we saw the Legion flight ring in one of the flashes when Flash traveled between worlds didn't we?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

As well as in the Fortress of Solitude.

We did see that in Supergirl, but I am 100% sure we'll see that again this season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I said to myself "They're gonnnna fuuuuuck" when Alex and Maggie were being all antagonist as a joke, and well, yea that's clearly where they're headed.

I am space racist too because I just assumed that was going to be Sadam Yot, becuase I think all Daximites look the same. Though really because I will never, ever give up hope Supergirl is the show that has Green Lantern stuff on it. Half expected The Ginger Torch to be Starfire.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Batwoman also gives us more "my cousin " fun times.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When does the crossover stuff start? I heard that Sisco comes over to get Supergirl to help fight the dominators, but that could happen either on Flash or Supergirl

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The DEO seems less like ARGUS or SHIELD and more like just a secret version of the FBI, and therefor vulnerable to external pressure. Ideally they'd have the ability to deal with people who use aliens illegally as well as the aliens themselves.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

Sure but like, just because pressure is being put on the police doesn't mean it gets put on the "FBI" as well; they're separate departments. The minute Maggie said her hands were tied Alex should've been like "Well, mine aren't. Sic 'em, Supergirl." If Roulette then reveals that she somehow has leverage over the DEO, aka an organization that seems to be authorized by the White House itself...well, that's another thing, but as it stands it just seems like Alex (and Kara, earlier) rolled over too easily on this front.

Urrghgg I should just stop thinking about this so hard.

Also the fact the head of a major law enforcement agency was kidnapped, assaulted and force to fight to the death for the entertainment of others isn't apparently a very serious crime.

I mean obviously the high places friend is the President, but poo poo, this was just silly. Dammit Skye's mom, you're so evil.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

Kara/Icecream
Alex/Icecream
J'onn/Chocos

I think everyone is Icecreamsexual.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Benoist is a super cool lady.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there a Gif of Kara hearing Mon-El having sex? I loved how disgusted and freaked out she was at that.

Also Wynn and Lena comes out from under the stage and going "wait, we weren't" now that is a ship.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pan Dulce posted:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Bonus: She did the same thing with Winn last season too:

You are a prince among men.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kara is totally owning Barry in whatever they're playing, and not really trying.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vietnamwees posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea what the big crossover event is going to be about?

These guys

The Dominators

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

In case you missed it, look at what Caity is reading.

Awe, I was hoping someone would notice that on their own.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh my god, Sara Lance is gonna try to sleep with Supergirl

Sara Lance, Time and Space lesbian. It can't wait for Wynn and Sisco to be science bros.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Legends has embraced it's sillyness and is really good bad.

I really do hope Sara totally flirts with Kara and either she's kinda into it or just has no idea what's going on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rapeface posted:

I will watch the crossover but I don't think anyone can ever convince me to watch Arrow again.

I feel like Arrow is just keeping its head above water, but could sink at any moment. There's too many things that could cause it to go into full on Waaah my feelings stuff too quickly right now. Plus Wild Dog needs to shut his loving mouth.

Supergirl just feels like the most positive of the shows right now. Which really should be Flash because the Flash is the goofy snarky one who's always making jokes, and is often mentioned being the heart of the Justice League.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah

You're thinking of fun Wally West Flash, not boring Barry Allen Flash

You know, in media the two have kind of become interchangeable, its hard to tell who is which these days.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So Maggie doesn't like Alex that way, is that what happened? That was a bad heartbreak but Maggie did nothing wrong.

Guardian looked silly, he wasn't mostly gold!

Ugh I cannot wait for the Cadmus plot to be delt with and Mrs Luther's smug rear end face is smashed in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So is Alex and Sara gonna hook up in the crossover? And by hookup, I mean develop a real relationship.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I guess Kara felt it was safe to hang out in the Alien bar as no one would out her. Also, I doubt anyone cares who Kara Danvers is.

Bruceski posted:

J'onn will become Beast Boy.

Now You just raised my hopes of Doom Patrol on the show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy Goodbody posted:

Be fair, people who just came out can be obnoxious. I bet Alex will be cool, but I can't get mad at Maggie for fearing that Alex would want her to be a guide to being a lesbian, or going through the post coming out overcorrection phase and listening to Tegan and Sara all the time.

But Tegan and Sara are good. I am a straight dude and I love me some lesbian twins indie pop.

Rhyno posted:

Drunk Kara might rival ice cream Kara for best Kara overall.

Kara seriously is like a friend of mine, both of these I've seen her do. ONce when drunk she even tried to say chocolate in a very similar way. I think the writing team is spying on her. :tinfoil:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mortanis posted:

Speculation based on next episode's spoilers: PLEASE let Dean Cain be Cyborg Superman. PLEASE make this happen.

This is what I'm assuming is going to happen anyways.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Cadmus seems like a good place to fill the show with easter eggs, even if they're never amount to anything.

"Oh here's a ship we found and it had this alien with a ring on in it". "Look at this weird Box we found"

I wish i knew more about Cosmic CD outside of Green Lantern and New Gods stuff. I dunno, Grifters mask? Adam Strange's jetpack?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think this is the sort of show that's just gonna tease stuff. I fully expect a Legion of Super Heroes plotline in season 3.

And Lobo could show up at any time :getin:

I really hope its Wolverine rip off Lobo not lame pretty boy Lobo.

And Hell Ya Braniac 6 getting some Supergirl action!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

frgildan posted:

I like this show alot but come on its still the CW. Pretty bad boy Lobo is going to be the one.

Ugggh no one liked that version. It's kind of the poster child for the problems with new 52.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

8one6 posted:

Didn't they claim 80's metal Lobo was ripping off pretty boy Lobo, who was somehow the real Lobo all along?

Yup, it was dumb as gently caress. It pretty much screamed that DC had no idea what the hell they were doing with their comics and over all tone deaf because people liked the Wolverine homage character that smoked cigars and road around space on a motorcycle.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd feel a little better if Cadmus isn't constantly chumping our heroes. Also Superman has poo poo security. I figured the blood was going to go into making the Power Girl clone from JLA, not just smearing it on Cyborg Superman's hand so he can steal Kryptopedia.

Though Batman existing in Supergirl universe is really nifty.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only thing that made me go "ugggh" in that trailer was Wild Dog. Everything else looks awwwwweesoooooommmmme!

I miss the Dominators Robes though, don't aliens cover their butts?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So any idea who the Kyla Ren's are at the end are? But yea, That was pretty much all I expected, though I'll be sad Sisco and Wynn don't get to hang out. Maybe next crossover?

All I want is Red Daughter of Krypton storyline someday.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Supergirl's facebook says "in a relationship with treats"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bring in Starfire and Raven so Kara can have some super powered gal pals.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like Raven. I will admit I'm just trying to back door teen titans into Supergirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Maxwell Lord posted:

From today's March (not sure if it's the one in Washington or not):

My FB and insta is full of images from the Womans march, I still should have recognized Melissa Benoist.