Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Green Lantern is way too much CGI. Supergirl already covers aliens anyway. Flash is super-science, Legends of Tmorrow is time travel, Arrow is punching and kicking. They need something different. They should do something from the odd side of DC. I'd have said Constatine too, if not for the fact that his show already failed.

The correct answer for the fifth CW DC show is, of course, The Invisibles

I'd be surprised if they haven't at least looked into Zatanna or Raven by now, magic's the only major base uncovered and until they snagged Supergirl they didn't have a female-led cape series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh, speaking of which, the new cast member is totally Montoya, just with the numbers filed off.

Maggie Sawyer is an original Superman universe character from the comics. The only things she has in common with Montoya are being gay (which was a change, or at least an addition, to Montoya's initial characterization) and Hispanic (which is a change to Sawyer's in this version) so technically they're meeting each other half way.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hollismason posted:

How did they imply? I am always curious about this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eS2pQ4W648

And I believe later in the ep they're holding each other as they watch on TV Darkseid's war machine rolling through Metropolis with Superman in chains.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Probably. It's a pretty sweet suit.

It really is impressive for a TV show, Budget Iron Man could've gone so wrong.

See: Red Tornado

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The series is pretty socially conscious, I wouldn't put it past them to point out that a black man can address the types of crime and community issues that typically aren't Supergirl's bailiwick. And Los Angeles National City is a pretty big place, I'm sure there's plenty of crime to go around.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They covered that in the beginning of season 2, Thawne-Wells was a rich tech mogul and left his wealth to Barry in an endowment or something to keep STAR Labs running.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wynn only has eyes for *~the armor~*

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Re-posting this from BSS, but this is a really cute story that proves how important it can be to show kids people like themselves on TV:
http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/12/5/13834432/lgbtq-representation-media-supergirl

This is awesome but I still haven't parsed what "sanvers" is and I'm afraid to look.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kraps posted:

The Alex and Maggie ship, which is fine with me because that's a canon ship on the drat show, you creepy internet fuckers.

Really, it's not shipping if it's actually happening on the show? :psyduck: I've been watching Supernatural too long, I was expecting something hosed up. Also

Rhyno posted:

Combo names are so goddamned stupid and it makes me internet psychotic.

a thousand times this.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

*Barrowman smashes through ceilings of the forums* I'M PROUNCED RAH'S-Al-GOOL

"I used to be pronounced RAYSH-al-Ghul"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

Are there any funny books that go into the what-if scenario of the original plan working and Kara and Kal arriving at the same time?

Or the other way around, Kara and Kal's ships both fall into the same wormhole and show up together but time-shifted forward.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yeah I mean, I get the comedy factor and everything, but if your big weakness can be solved by a hundred bucks of basic human-tech body armor then it's kind of a soft weakness all told. The Kryptonian criminals seemed pretty easily neutralized with all the kryptonite lying around in the DEO too, until they remembered they're super-advanced aliens and made K-proof stillsuits.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interceptor_body_armor#Ballistic_plates

Not to get into a big tactical realism derail, just saying. A spacefaring empire with materials science so advanced they literally know twice as many elements as we do can probably block metal slugs if they put their minds to it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

At least Supergirl wasn't naive about it, having the backup teleporter remote was great. She's optimistic, not stupid.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

Hey guys, they were quite subtle about it but I think the pod they launched at the end was a bad guy. You might have missed it, but there were skull logos on the wall, they anointed the baby with blood and the engines on the pod were red instead of the blue like Kara's.

On our planet skulls and blood and red & black accents don't mean we're evil, they just mean... we're scary to to the enemy! yeah, that's it!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Let's only hope she and Melissa get to have a fist fight as amazing as Nola VS Burton.

I hope they do this but like, a space station instead of a car.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

C'mon guys we've already had "You look like my cousin".

You're right we need MORE

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

A certain episode of Seinfeld seems relevant here.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

^^^ :laffo: exactly

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe the actresses are just really into each other and it has nothing to do with the characters.

Ever consider that, Tumblr?

Yeah I love joking about it as much as the next goon but it's clearly two charming actors playing well off each other. Leave it to tumblr to have no idea where to draw the line between good screen chemistry and smoldering passion.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

Sorry, but humanity as a whole is diminished by tumblr brokebrains churning out Supernatural incest fanfiction

Given that most creative works done by ostensible professionals can barely produce acceptable romance plots and love scenes, we hardly need more amateurs working at it. Fanfiction in general is under indictment for psychic pollution of the collective human experience.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I know there are many different perspectives on fanfiction, but there's one thing we can all agree on: Kara and Lena want to gently caress.

Yes clearly, my research paper in the Journal of Portentous Longing Glances should pass peer review by the next publication quarter.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Both.

At the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

bou posted:

I will endorse every sacrifice needed if it gives me super-powered pissed-off Nola Longshadow. :black101:

If they know what they're doing, this is all leading to a knock-down drag-out kryptonite hatchet fight happening in and around a vintage car spaceship.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mon-El died on the way back to his home planet.

This is the CW. Supergirl will go back with B5 to the future, find Mon-El on the Legion and be overjoyed, but for him it's been a thousand years and he's so over her he's had a hundred girlfriends come and go since then.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hey, when Triplicate Girl's around :pervert:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

So according to an interview if Floriana Lima had decided to stick around they totally were going to have a wedding sooner rather than later.

DC's war on lesbians continues.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

I guess all of the Coluans are blue now

Yeah, kind of a weird change. Maybe green was messing with their TV-grade digital compositing or something.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LongDarkNight posted:

I like the suggestion of the diamond shaped shield, sort of an homage to Kara.

That part's pretty neat, but overall it's just like oh boy, more black leather :emo:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

V-Men posted:

It should be a empty gap in his costume, as a homage to Power Girl.

Someone needs to 'shop this.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Kara adopts an ill-tempered cat from outer space, coming in season 4, Dex-Starr

A Red Daughter of Krypton arc as a backdoor to CW Green Lanterns would be sweet.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 17, 2018

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

don't worry about it

and don't ask what the light of pink stars does

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of wonder what's going on with her because after her major presence last season she's barely been around. She stopped the wave and had that brief B plot with Brainy but other than that nothing.

The moment's passed, she's been thrown back in the "serious real issues that make us a big girl show for grownups" closet along with immigrant aliens, a female president and journalistic integrity.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Wanna see the CW version of 52 where all the show leads take a season off and the supporting casts do their own thing, culminating in finding out the multiverse is still alive.

Nobody ever needs to do any version of 52, or anything 52-related.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

Finally catching up to this. And there's definitely gonna be a bit where they rehash Infinite Crisis I'd assume they'd try Dean Cain's Lois and Clark, but he's definitely persona non grata so they might pick some other version.

Gerard Christopher, Stacy Haiduk and Sherman Howard.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

*Speed Force*

I ain't gotta clean up poo poo

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vietnamwees posted:

So we got the 100th episode special this weekend, and I hope you all know what that means...

We're gonna see a lot of clips of Supergirl in her old costume with the skirt! Plan your viewing accordingly.

Getting supplies for the Good Costume Party as we speak :dance:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Kara and Alex get hit by a beam that gives Alex Kara's powers so she gets to go around being super while Kara sits behind a desk for several months.

Red Kryptonite is a helluva drug

oh poo poo

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

I think Stephen Amell must have some kind of Crossfit aura about him and it spreads to all the DCCU actors. Even Emily Rickards was starting to get kind of ripped towards the end.

Did you catch her in that pencil skirt in the end of the finale? Someone's been keeping up with leg days :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope Lex invents a device that warns people when they get within six feet of someone else, it gets super popular and then he activates the secret enforcement mode that FORCES people six feet apart and Team Supergirl have an ethical dilemma about freedom vs. security