Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

Welcome to Cadmus.

METALLO

How long until he steals some kryptonite from the DEO? J'onn did nothing wrong by keeping it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Okay, can I bring the room down for a minute? The whole breakup with James was so loving stupid. So stupid. I feel like they just filtered raw unrefined CWium into this one single plot.

('Cuz the rest of it was so great)

Kara also shut Winn down hard in s1 and turned out drama free. Let's hope they go 2/2

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

J'onn is the most trustworthy AND he already has it. Problem solved :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kara burning the skin off Metallo's hand was pretty awesome.

Big promotion for Jimmy. From photographer to CEO.

howe_sam posted:

The good?
- Every loving thing else, that was a lot of fun.

Superman should show up a few times a season just so they can have fun.

e: J'onn doing his impression of a Mortal Kombat fatality was great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 18, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think destroying the Kryptonite actually kills these guys, or else Superman wouldn't have made that great "You're gonna take some time to think about what you did" crack.

Or maybe that guy's hella dead and Clark just didn't know it :v:

Fun Superman always has time for a one liner, even after a fatality :twisted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

To be fair, Jimmy is like 11 feet tall.

I'll assume this is how Jimmy became CEO: he grabbed the contract and no one else could take it from him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This episode was great. Kara going for straight up eye laser murder was funny as poo poo. Good thing she was immune.

I am glad that there hasn't been any terrible relationship drama with Jimmy.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh yeah they're hella flirting.

Kara + daxamite, Jimmy + Snapper, Alex + lady cop and the Martians.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Selachian posted:

Don't forget Lena + Kara.

Remember, they've said one character is going to reconsider their sexuality this season. I'm pretty sure they're going to hook up Alex and Maggie, but I'm still holding out hope for a gay Supergirl if only because it would make SO many comics nerd heads explode.

It'll be Winn. He will date a robot AND an alien.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

J'onn is so happy at meeting another Martian.

He just wants to "share the bond" :quagmire: Twist ending for Megan though.

Human rights are for humans - Roulette.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Heh, I thought this episode was badly-written for the most part with some nice moments sprinkled in. Still enjoyable but, like, the apex "turn off your brain" kind of hour.

I get why Maggie can't touch Roulette, but...why would Kara or Alex care about any of her legal loopholes? They don't work for the police, they work for a black ops government program. They go through their own black ops government channels. Just friggin'....I dunno, toss her in your secret prison or whatever. WHERE'S BARRY ALLEN WHEN YOU ACTUALLY NEED HIM.

They learned their secret prison lesson in s1.

Now if she was an alien I'm sure she would be in there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah. Now that the storyline made it official: In the comics, Miss Martian is a White Martian by race and pretends to be a Green Martian so people don't flip their poo poo. She's actually pretty nice and sunny but, y'know, race known for war crimes and all.

The clean Wehrmacht White Martian myth.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mon El eating that huge stack of pancakes was great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think they're just doing the Guardian storyline so James and Wynn have a lot of time alone together leading into them getting romantically involved

Sorry Jimmy and Snapper is the canon ship.

Maybe they are doing this guardian storyline for Jimmy so he can be killed off the first time he faces 2 people with guns. Or just about anyone really.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Is there a Gif of Kara hearing Mon-El having sex? I loved how disgusted and freaked out she was at that.

Also Wynn and Lena comes out from under the stage and going "wait, we weren't" now that is a ship.

3 way ship with technology :roboluv:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Legends has embraced it's sillyness and is really good bad.

I really do hope Sara totally flirts with Kara and either she's kinda into it or just has no idea what's going on.

Legends is just bad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BSam posted:

Not been watching it have you.

Oh I have been and will probably stop soon. Every week is waiting to see which idiot crewmember will try to change the timeline even though they know they shouldn't(and probably gave a speech about the consequences of doing so last week).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Winn dropping the truth bombs on Jimmy.

"Hey Jimmy I know this thing just beat the poo poo out of J'onn and Kara, but surely you a normal human with 0 training can stop it. Good luck!"

Wow Kara all high and mighty on Mon El because he doesn't want to be a hero.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 15, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Binary Logic posted:

In a way, becoming a 'reporter' or journalist is a terrible choice. They are usually obligated to disclose any links or apparent conflicts of interest when covering an issue to which they have personal, professional or business connection.. Kara is working on a pro-off-worlders story which is terribly dishonest since she is an alien pretending to be human.
"We should trust aliens", writes the alien who is deceiving everyone by masquerading as an Earthling. :shrug:

At least Snapper Carr is keeping her bias in check. Snapper owns.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Winn being terrified of prison because he watched all the seasons of Oz was hilarious.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Good new Mon-El, we were able to cure you. Great news J'onn, you won't be turning into a white martian either! Glad we could settle that plot super quick.

So if Cyborg Superman is a cyborg, why doesn't he have a kryptonian power source like Metallo? Get your poo poo together CADMUS.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kara and frozen treats is the confirmed canon pairing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stunt Rock posted:

Oh snap a dominator.

Mon-El is absolutely the prince or king or whatever.

Also he was completely right. Maybe don't keep rushing head on into danger Kara.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mon-El is still amazing.

howe_sam posted:

The audio on my CW died for a moment, did Kara just shoot down Mon-El?

Yap. Kara shooting down every guy on the show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Floppychop posted:

My guess is because they haven't decided how strong they want him. He can't be so strong that he starts to 'compete' with Kara, but he can't be so weak that it doesn't make sense for him to be a superhero.

He's not bulletproof so right now he's just Jimmy except stronger

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

Man, I love how Flash gets brighter with the crossovers, but I'd like to see what they would do by solely focusing on Ollie and his predilection for being wary of unknown variables. I wanted to see more of that the last crossover. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I want to see Wynn interact with Felicity.

...hell, now I want to see how Alex fares against the White Canary. More crossovers please!

Alex isn't afraid of using guns so she would win.

Or bazookas.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snapper Carr still owns.

I want to see Alex use Lex's war suit. Too bad it blew up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait, Mon-El can fly now?

FELD1 posted:

It was kind of refreshing to see all the relationship drama work out well in the end. Nice to see Winn get some play.

Poor James...

Jimmy has Snapper

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha Mon-El announcing it to everyone at the DEO.

Maxwell Lord posted:

This has gotten scary topical with the recent ICE raids.

Seems strange to catch and deport all the aliens when they were trying to kill them before. But maybe that's not what the ship is for

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Or early season 2 Barry.

Barry would inadvertently work with CADMUS.

"Why yes we should round up all the metahumans to "help" them. I even know a way to construct a prison so that they can never escape!" :downs:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ShakeZula posted:

I was honestly expecting her to blast off his robot arm. Very disappointed when she didn't.

"I can't shoot you dad...

...with a gun this small." :clint:.

Then she wastes him with her bazooka.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snapper owns. J'onn owns. Alex owns.

"You're the only superman we need" :v:

Lois and Hercules looking evil as gently caress :ohdear: Didn't Mon-El mention that his dad was a dick / dictator? Also probably loved slavery or at least Mon-El himself didn't like it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

I'm not really Kara/Lena, but Lord have mercy

Replace Lena with an ice cream cone.

Chokes McGee posted:

You know, when he was introduced, I never thought Snapper would be the one I'd end up having all the sympathy with but here we are and it was actually on purpose.

God dammit Kara you deserved to be fired, that was 100% Grade A stupid. And now you've made Snapper sad after all the time he spent mentoring you :smith:

Clark should come back and mentor Kara on how not to be a poo poo reporter. He will do 0 Superman stuff

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Make Daxam Great Again!" :laugh:

To their credit, they didn't try to enslave humanity with their newfound yellow sun powers(assuming they even know). I liked the MoS style static message at the beginning.

0/10 Hercules didn't even beat anyone up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How could they bring up space bounties and not have Lobo :saddowns:

howe_sam posted:

The way to Kara's heart is pretty simple isn't it?

Kara and food is the canon pairing.

howe_sam posted:

That was some highly predictable regicide.

And now a loooong wait :(

Hercules wasn't the jerk after all! :rip: Hercules

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vietnamwees posted:

I wonder what Queen Rhea is gonna do now that Kevin Sorbo is gone.

She's going to conquer the planet! Sadly she will soon learn about the one weakness Daxamites have: bullets lead

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Nanomachines, Lena."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maggie was totally right. also 17 hour hostage situation c'mon Kara were you asleep or what?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Even with their spaceships, lol weakness to lead.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

"Easiest invasion ever" doesn't fly with me because we do have bullet proof armor. Presumably the Daxamites still have a massive technological edge on the weaponry and armor and the ships are a big plus. Plus, it's not like your standard occupying army is bulletproof.

There are still a couple thousand at most with like 50 ships. Maybe even less. Numbers > *

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

McSpanky posted:

Yeah I mean, I get the comedy factor and everything, but if your big weakness can be solved by a hundred bucks of basic human-tech body armor then it's kind of a soft weakness all told. The Kryptonian criminals seemed pretty easily neutralized with all the kryptonite lying around in the DEO too, until they remembered they're super-advanced aliens and made K-proof stillsuits.

Kevlar isn't a magical all bullet stopping material. It won't stop anything more powerful than a handgun.

:goonsay:

I bet Winn could make a lead suit neutralizer neutralizer. Make Lead Super Effective Again!