Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Blitz7x posted:

I didn't watch last night's game and this morning the guys on the radio were going on about how OBJ needs to understand that he's really famous or whatever and to watch his own actions. What did he do?

Acted bitchmade again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Some might say he's shook.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
heres some of it

quote:

Beckham's actions have become an alarming trend for Big Blue. He was fined $36,000 for a crackback block on Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro two weeks ago, his sixth fine in two-plus seasons. Giants coach Ben McAdoo said after last week's loss to the Redskins that the wideout "needs to control his emotions better and be less of a distraction to himself and his teammates." Additionally, Beckham said he was warned by refs to watch his behavior before the Week 3 matchup against rival Josh Norman and the Redskins.

After Monday's loss, Beckham's latest penalty prompted Eli Manning to say the All-Pro needs to do a better job staying out of trouble.

"He has got to be aware," Manning said. "They're looking for him and he has got to play smart. We can't afford to do anything. They're going to call him and he brought that on himself."

While Beckham believes he is drawing unfair attention, he says the Giants' issues are what fuel his emotional flares -- not opposing players who might be trying to antagonize him.

"Nobody on another team bothers, upsets me," Beckham said. "It's all again us. I only get upset with us, my team, myself. It has nothing to with anybody else, period. Getting in your head, any of that other stuff, that's all tough to create a distraction, which doesn't really work. "It's just my fault. It's all I look at it as, it's my fault. Whatever you want to call it, I just have to understand, if I sneeze the wrong way, it'll be a flag, it'll be a fine. If I tie my shoe the wrong way, it might be a fine or a flag.""

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I don't feel that Salty had a long enough tenure that Shook can take over so quickly

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
We are already through 1/4 of the season :(

NFC East has the strongest out of division record, so far. 7-2

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Browns are going to get shithoused by the Pats.
Bills v Rams? WHY DO YOU FORCE ME TO CHEER FOR THE BILLS, NFL?? TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!!
I'm going to San Diego in December to watch the Raiders Chargers rematch. I could have picked several teams to go watch this year, I picked that one. TBH, I'm mainly going for the tacos.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/iheartmiko/status/783140129477099520

She is Never Wrong

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I am dictating this post with my voice because my fingers singed clean off from touching this tweet.

https://twitter.com/howaboutafresca/status/783173984263114752

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

The Browns will injure Tom Brady.

I have foreseen this.

No matter how many times I read this post, it's always pronounced In-Joo-Er

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
OBJ needs to grow the gently caress up

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

The Browns will injure Tom Brady.

I have foreseen this.

From your mouth to god's ears.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Bryce is our savior! Look at this beautiful visage.

When they stop giving up walk in TD's to practice squad WR's every week and 120 yards to every TE they face maybe I'll entertain arguments about making a change at QB. Even then probably not and Petty isn't even practicing yet.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 4, 2016

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

OBJ is going to get himself suspended at the rate he's going. I like my showboating WRs, but he's just a loving baby.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Miko, stop flirting with me ;-*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

I don't feel that Salty had a long enough tenure that Shook can take over so quickly

i only started seeing shook be used (and promptly incredibly overused) after the NBA finals so thanks, basketball fans, for running something into the ground faster than video game nerds somehow

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Thankfully the Giants solved all their problems last year by firing Coughlin.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Well that was a disappointing loss. I know we were trotting out a gimpy Brissett and all, but that doesn't really justify being shut out at Gillette for the first time ever (against the Bills, no less). Such a lot the gods gave to me—to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken. And yet I am strangely content and cling desperately to those sere memories, when my mind momentarily threatens to reach beyond to the other.

The other.

t͡҉ ͏hé̡̧ o t̀h̵̢e̡ ̧̨͜r͏

The Thing cannot be described—there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order. A mountain walked or stumbled. God! The Thing of the idols, the green, sticky spawn of the stars, had awaked to claim his own. The stars were right again, and what an age-old cult had failed to do by design, a band of innocent sailors had done by accident.

After vigintillions of years
great Cthulhu was loose again,
and ravening for delight.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

so you're telling me brady will sing the song that ends the AFC on Sunday

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

When they stop giving up walk in TD's to practice squad WR's every week and 120 yards to every TE they face maybe I'll entertain arguments about making a change at QB. Even then probably not and Petty isn't even practicing yet.
The pass defense being super bad does not mean the quarterback himself is also not super bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The pass defense being super bad does not mean the quarterback himself is also not super bad.

The alternative is worse.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

You're not curious to see what Geno could do with this improved supporting cast?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Maybe. If he continues to run a negative turnover differential and we're 1-5 I'm willing to find out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheLightPurges posted:

heres some of it

I think Odell should reach out to Steve Smith for some advice on how to channel his rage. Or at least look cool instead of stupid while he vents it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You're not curious to see what Geno could do with this improved supporting cast?

Not even a little bit. He got 30 starts.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Maybe. If he continues to run a negative turnover differential and we're 1-5 I'm willing to find out.

They scored 17 points vs a Seahawks team that had done NOTHING on offense for the first 3 games of the season because supposed strength of the team is playing like the worst unit in the league. A non embarrassing defensive performance and they are 2-2 at worst.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

They scored 17 points vs a Seahawks team that had done NOTHING on offense for the first 3 games of the season because supposed strength of the team is playing like the worst unit in the league.
A more realistic person might find that the last 7 points resulted from a fluke run-in after Fitz fumbled the ball. That should have been another turnover.

Also maybe we would have scored more if our QB could find the wide open #1 receiver in the end zone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

A more realistic person might find that the last 7 points resulted from a fluke run-in after Fitz fumbled the ball. That should have been another turnover.

Also maybe we would have scored more if our QB could find the wide open #1 receiver in the end zone.

Sure that was a fluke play but they did score 17. You do score on fluke plays in the NFL sometimes...

I'm not trying to say Fitz has played well but if you think Geno would be any better I just don't have any reason to agree with you from anything I've ever seen from him in his 30 starts.

What play was that on which drive? Where did he go with the ball?

Nov 6, 2002

He's a real leader that the team will rally behind.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

Free Christian hackenburg

Sorry but you have to pay if you want your garbage hauled off

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is embarrassing.

mcmagic posted:

What play was that on which drive? Where did he go with the ball?
First drive of the game. He went to Enunwa running a crossing pattern that resulted in a 1st down. Drive stalled. Not seeing Marshall ends in 4 missed points.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Brockenstein posted:

Sorry but you have to pay if you want your garbage hauled off

Yo Intruder can I get me a Tebow montage up in this?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is embarrassing.

First drive of the game. He went to Enunwa running a crossing pattern that resulted in a 1st down. Drive stalled. Not seeing Marshall ends in 4 missed points.

Ehh that graphic is misleading. Some of those guys have hardly been asked to throw the ball while Fitz has been down in the last 2 weeks in a ton of obvious passing situations because of the Jets dumpster fire defense.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIrm4H9-7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fljW8qNBKAE

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

how dare my super talented wide receiver express emotion and act like he cares!!!!

he's going to get TO type reputation and end up on the patriots catching bombs from a 50 year old Tom Brady if you fuckers keep this stuff up

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

can't wait to see the packers get undressed by the Giants on national tv.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

adaz posted:

how dare my super talented wide receiver express emotion and act like he cares!!!!

he's going to get TO type reputation and end up on the patriots catching bombs from a 50 year old Tom Brady if you fuckers keep this stuff up

"The League and my Team just cant Handle how talented I am and I just need to understand that better and adjust. Its very hard being so talented so people are always looking to knock you down a peg. It is what it is. "
The scary part is that isn't really embellished. You should take some time and listen to the interview. Blames his team for the fact he gets so upset he draws shitloads of penalties for stupid poo poo and the fact he fucks up his route running.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I'm not trying to say Fitz has played well but if you think Geno would be any better I just don't have any reason to agree with you from anything I've ever seen from him in his 30 starts.

oh yeah, how many perfect games does Fitzpatrick have smart guy? :smug:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
The power rankings on NFL.Com have the seahawks at #4 , what a joke.

#3 patriots - just got 16-0d by the Bills,lol
#2 vikings - Sam Bradford, team will be lucky to make postseason
#1 broncos - another team with a QB that will be a pumpkin just in time for halloween

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Giants should gaslight OBJ into leaving so that Philly can sign him and be on the other side of the "run the talented player out of town" equation.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

The power rankings on NFL.Com have the seahawks at #4 , what a joke.

#3 patriots - just got 16-0d by the Bills,lol
#2 vikings - Sam Bradford, team will be lucky to make postseason
#1 broncos - another team with a QB that will be a pumpkin just in time for halloween

Yeah but those three teams will all win the division.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

After this season Jeff Fischer will be given the key to the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Some people really hate Hillary Clinton, huh?

• Locked thread