Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lions are gonna get pooped on but at least I'll be able to watch this one on TV.

With a bunch of Eagles fans :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

TheLightPurges posted:

"The League and my Team just cant Handle how talented I am and I just need to understand that better and adjust. Its very hard being so talented so people are always looking to knock you down a peg. It is what it is. "
The scary part is that isn't really embellished. You should take some time and listen to the interview. Blames his team for the fact he gets so upset he draws shitloads of penalties for stupid poo poo and the fact he fucks up his route running.

To be clear, he is ridiculous. With that said, you are a coach getting paid like a hajillion dollars. Handle your super talented prima donna player for fucks sake or a better coach/team (hello Cardinals, Patriots) will figure it out and you'll feel Real Bad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick reads is up, http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-4-quick-reads which is mostly interesting for putting Julio Jones' game into perspective.

They currently have it as the 25th best receiving performance since 1989.

TO once caught 20 of 22 passes thrown to him for 283 yards in a game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Isaac Bruce 5 catches on 6 targets for 134 yards and 4 TD

That's some efficiency right there

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

adaz posted:

Handle your super talented prima donna player for fucks sake or a better coach/team (hello Cardinals, Patriots) will figure it out and you'll feel Real Bad.

Did you just call Carson Palmer "talented?"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

adaz posted:

To be clear, he is ridiculous. With that said, you are a coach getting paid like a hajillion dollars. Handle your super talented prima donna player for fucks sake or a better coach/team (hello Cardinals, Patriots) will figure it out and you'll feel Real Bad.
The problem here is that Ben McAdoo is a beta bitch

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You know, I feel like the blown fumble thing in the Browns game should get talked about more, because mannnnn is the NFL full of poo poo on that one.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The browns have gotten jobbed with terrible game changing calls several times this year already.

Not that they would have won, but that call was so blatantly wrong that I still can't believe it. He was holding the ball out of the pike before the fumble was ever awarded to Washington.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

OTOH I picked Washington in eliminator so I'm cool with it

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

No, but they've done it with guys like Mathieu, Nkemdiche, Chandler Jones, etc. Pretty good track record for handling guys with checkered backgrounds

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I wanted the Jets to fire Rex a year earlier and hire Mike Zimmer.... gently caress.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Chandler Jones does not really have a checkered background.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I don't think Arizona has been huge on taking problem guys, they've just been very good in free agency and talent acquisition in general and built a good team out of that that hopefully isn't imploding because that's what Carson Palmer does.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Kalli posted:

You know, I feel like the blown fumble thing in the Browns game should get talked about more, because mannnnn is the NFL full of poo poo on that one.

It's insane. When I saw some of the gifs they were detached from the play so it was hard to tell how the pile actually played out. When you watch the play from the start until that picture, he basically never loses contact with the ball. He fumbles, falls on it, stands up immediately and shows the ball. There's basically no time spent where they could be wrestling for possession.

quote:

I know it's basically an argument from authority, but every #1 pick is talented. Good/successful is a different story.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
I'm finally attending my first NFL game for Broncos vs. Falcons. Work is terrible because I am far too excited about seeing the Broncos defense fight the Atlanta offense. Let the magic of Miller, Talib, Harris, Williams, Wolfe, and everyone else on this defense never end.

Hail Elway, Hail Satan. :horse:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ah... better. I need a new avatar now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

As a member of the Jones family, he's probably on PEDs

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ravens released Justin Forsett, so that hopefully means Dixon is close to getting back on the field.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Can any Ravens fans tell me about Jeremy Butler? Bucs signed him to the active roster today.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Badfinger posted:

It's insane. When I saw some of the gifs they were detached from the play so it was hard to tell how the pile actually played out. When you watch the play from the start until that picture, he basically never loses contact with the ball. He fumbles, falls on it, stands up immediately and shows the ball. There's basically no time spent where they could be wrestling for possession.

I feel like the mistake on the initial call is acceptable. The ball was fumbled and the refs are clearly paying attention to the scrum instead of Johnson, so I can accept a missed call on the field.

What is completely, unbelievably inexcuseable is that none of the refs overturned it on replay, since turnovers get reviewed. Or should be. And then the NFL doubled down on defending their error when normally they throw refs under the bus.

It should have been clear to the refs on the field when no one in the scrum came out with the loving ball, and they should have seen Johnson holding the ball during replay review. This might be the worst fuckup since the Fail Mary

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The topless police station visit deserves a raised eyebrow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's not acceptable on the initial call either, how the gently caress do you determine possession if you can't find the ball

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So that narrative in the NFL is now that Brady is back the cheaters are going to be all angry and just destroy the rest of the league for the remaining 12 games left in the season. I would bet that this doesn't happen despite them probably beating the browns this week. Though they will probably win the division simply due to the 3 other teams being messes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If the Patriots don't win the division by more than 1 game I'll post "hoo boy" but with a very large amount of the letter O. so keep an eye out

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

mcmagic posted:

So that narrative in the NFL is now that Brady is back the cheaters are going to be all angry and just destroy the rest of the league for the remaining 12 games left in the season. I would bet that this doesn't happen despite them probably beating the browns this week. Though they will probably win the division simply due to the 3 other teams being messes.

Woah Roger, you didn't need to register a SA account just to post that

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Cavauro posted:

If the Patriots don't win the division by more than 1 game I'll post "hoo boy" but with a very large amount of the letter O. so keep an eye out

will do, good to have a heads up

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brockenstein posted:

It's not acceptable on the initial call either, how the gently caress do you determine possession if you can't find the ball

Yeah, the pic I posted has the ref literally signalling Washington ball which means she's either guessing or thinks a player's arm looks like a football.

A fair amount of speculation is that the NFL is rather reluctant to criticize her because she's the first female ref, which if so will likely ruin her credibility.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also the Patriots offense looked pretty good with Jimmy G around and was dominant last year with a worse offensive line and worse weapons before injuries. If most of the pieces stay healthy this year, the Pats offense should be very, very good.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Kalli posted:

Quick reads is up, http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-4-quick-reads which is mostly interesting for putting Julio Jones' game into perspective.

They currently have it as the 25th best receiving performance since 1989.

TO once caught 20 of 22 passes thrown to him for 283 yards in a game.

I remember #4 with Chad Johnson. That was the game where they let SD come all the way back and beat them 49-41 by scoring 21 points in both the 3rd and 4th quarters. I was loving FURIOUS. That's probably the angriest I've ever been at the team other than the end of this last season.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Also the Patriots offense looked pretty good with Jimmy G around and was dominant last year with a worse offensive line and worse weapons before injuries. If most of the pieces stay healthy this year, the Pats offense should be very, very good.

I'm expecting Gronk to IR anytime now.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kalli posted:

Yeah, the pic I posted has the ref literally signalling Washington ball which means she's either guessing or thinks a player's arm looks like a football.

A fair amount of speculation is that the NFL is rather reluctant to criticize her because she's the first female ref, which if so will likely ruin her credibility.

Maybe women just will never understand mansport

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Eagles are sounding good this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

adaz posted:

Woah Roger, you didn't need to register a SA account just to post that

See when you're a piece of poo poo who's been caught multiple times cheating and you get 1/100 of the actual punishment you deserve it's really you who should feel like the aggrieved party in the situation.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

mcmagic posted:

See when you're a piece of poo poo who's been caught multiple times cheating and you get 1/100 of the actual punishment you deserve it's really you who should feel like the aggrieved party in the situation.

look who just stumbled backwards into the mind of a pats fan

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

What are you referring to.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

Its kind of understandable though.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

mcmagic posted:

You mean the completely bullshit penalty for "deflating" footballs that real science showed was just a fundamental law of physics? I know you didn't like the report Roger, and the court calling you a moron, but it's you know. Reality.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

They could at the very least eviscerate the replay official for upholding it. Dumb calls happen on the field but the guy running the replay booth is there to fix them, not double down on lunacy.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So uh, the Cards aren't looking too great. They have a pretty tough schedule coming up, and down Carson Palmer for a bit (who wasn't having a good season anyways) they're pretty hosed. They kind of needed to get victories against weaker teams in the beginning. If they start 1-4, man... that's hard to come back from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
remember when Arians was THE BEST COACH EVER yet he hadn't ever won poo poo lmao

• Locked thread