Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Before uhh 2 or 3 years ago I had only played the remakes of 1 - 4. But when I saw the E3 trailer for Lightning Returns I thought that it looked completely insane and wanted to try and figure out the context for it so I played FF 6 through XIII-2 skipping the MMOs. Very awesome year

I need to do something like this. The only FF games I've beat are I and II on GBA and III on the DS. I feel like I should at least play VII, VIII, and IX... X, X-II and the XIII games too probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

How many VII spinoffs are there again? There's Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, and Advent Children, and I can't remember if that's it or if there are any more...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

uh wtf the tonberry dressed as a king and chibi sephiroth casting meteor are dlc bonuses fuuuuu

Usually those 'Day 1 Edition' preorder things are sold separately later on, like the slime weapons in DQ Heroes and the Dark Souls II items.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i just made myself a secret of mana avatar today, which is like final fantasy, but good

:/ Kay dude.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Nebalebadingdong posted:

please i just really need someone to talk to about this i keep bringing it up with my family and my wife is like "im getting a divorce"

Huh?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh. Ha ha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

did they detail what the online multiplayer for XV was? Seems like a wild last minute addition but they've done literally everything else in the playbook with XV so why not

This is sincerely the first I've heard about it. Wtf

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I love running around pretty towns doing time wasting side stuff... seems like a win-win to me.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I think I'll really enjoy this game, but the one thing that gets to me is how, allegedly, the car is basically totally on rails, you don't even control acceleration a lot of the time, and you have to load whenever you enter/exit it. I get that the Chocobos are better for off-road stuff but that still seems weird to me.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Can't access the site anymore... drat

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Final-Fantasy-XV-Day-One-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.5061286400 this game already costs $35

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is probably the reason honestly

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Agean90 posted:

so how's ff15?? From what I heard it's 4 middle ages anime dudes going on a road trip and im curious how well it works but not $60 curious

I don't know how the game is, but I'm going to have to go ahead and give this post a mother loving Ten out of Ten.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The general consensus for FFXV seeks to be very positive with the notable exception of the car, which absolutely sucks if you're doing anything that isn't the main story since you'll be driving/being driven down the same handful of roads over and over for ~10 minutes while everyone in the car is dead silent

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's extremely weird to see an FPS turret section in a Final Fantasy game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Also the manual driving seems to be totally disabled for me... do you have to get to a certain chapter to use it?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I did it right after I got the car, maybe you have to say you want to drive though in that dialogue choice?

I did that- it was the only time this game's let me drive.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

It will let you drive again at the start of chapter 3.

Ahh. Ok

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

By the way make sure you read as many signs/books scattered around as you can. Ignis can learn recipes from some of them.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The closeups of the food in this game are driving me crazy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yeah

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I got the version of FFXV that comes with Kingsglaive so I watched that and Brotherhood right before starting the game. It's funny how the game and the movie show Insomia as a vast, whimsical fantasy city but in the anime it's just surburban Tokyo w/ a couple of whimsical fantasy buildings in the background every so often.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Speaking of Brotherhood, who even was that woman that the snake woman demon killed? I thought she was Noctis's mom, the queen, but nobody ever mentions her or seems particularly fazed by her death.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My party is all level 22 and the main story quest I have is level 10 :/ I need to stop doing side stuff because I've been steamrolling the main missions.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lestallum is sooo cool

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I saw the truck and got the recipe but I didn't get this. Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJyGy6AFJo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

No, they cost like 100 gil

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Is there any sort of bestiary or monster database in the game?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The FFXII remake is being done by the team that did the Batman/Assassins Creed 'remasters' :eng99:

e: they also did the FFX/X-II remaster- how was that? Did they do a better job with that one?

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 4, 2016

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I saw a World of Warcraft cookbook at Barnes and Noble and it made me think of how neat a FFXV cookbook could be. Every dish in this game looks amazing.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Top three tastiest looking foods in video games:
1. Dragon's Crown
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. The Battlefield: Hardline cheeseburger

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The games thread for this game is terrible. They all post like their opinion is really important because they finished a 50 hour game in 3 days and know a lot about anime.

That sounds rough... Hard to believe a Games thread could turn out so poorly.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Top three tastiest looking foods in video games:
1. Dragon's Crown
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. The Battlefield: Hardline cheeseburger

I have decided to bump FFXV up to number one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIAp9OOJGdE

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go shopping.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

I want a video like this for every dish in the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X32v5_psqEA

This should definitely be a full series.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm a good way through FFXV (about halfway into the main story and must side quests/bounties done) and so fair I only have these two gripes:

1. No bestiary!! It would've been perfect to include one in that little 'archive' section w/ the fishes/dishes. Something that lets me look at the stats, weaknesses, abilities, in game model etc. for all the monsters while I'm on the go would be very convenient.
2. Your party talks way too little during car trips and way too much while you're fishing

Other than that, I love it... it's a serious GOTY contender for me, which I wasn't entirely anticipating. I haven't been hooked on one game this much since MGSV

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

>mfw catching a giant bass with 1/1500 line durability

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FFXIII, Type-0 and XV take place in the same continuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dark Weasel posted:

It's a fantasy based on reality.

Fairly certain FFXV is Nowpunk... not as hard Nowpunk as, say, GTA- a lighter, more whimsical take on Nowpunk.