Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I probably spent most of my time in chapter 3 i think because i did like every sidequest I could and was disgustingly overlevled for the rest of the game

same. i wish more games did the xc2 thing they patched in where you can turn exp into bonus exp and level yourself down whenever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

drat i'll have to check that out

the new content isnt great but the translation's a lot of fun. the new jobs come in at the tail end of the game and arent incredible and you dont get one until you beat the new ultra superboss so it's like whats the point

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hell yeah ftw my n...*pauses, considers current social climate* nice guy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

good lord they even tried to say it was just coincidence. that's the community manager lmfao come on man

lmao gently caress

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I beat all the hard mode vr battles and then realised I forgot to assess two of the enemies :gonk:

sucks about your av

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

what are the names of the ff1 heroes

i think they are Cid, Pums, Skiz, and Cark (4 char only)

GUTS CSCA GFTH and PUCK

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

suddenly remembering that Games post in a "what do you name your video game characters?" thread where one poster said he named the FF6 crew after his family members EXCEPT his dad, and then launched into a multi-paragraph "gently caress you, dad!!!!!!" screed

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

iirc there was a guy who named Dargger in 9 after his GF in school and when she dumped him he used a name card to rename her WHORE

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I’ve been doing that as best I can and drawing from everything I meet but most junctions only seem to increase the stats by 1 or 2 points at most. Hoping it gets better later but I’m mid disc 2 or so I’m guessing. Does it junction better with more of the spell stocked or the level of the spell?

yes to both. also certain spells boost certain stats more, berserk boosts str more than mag for instance. it gets to the point tht your basic attacks are doing the same amount as summons but taking a fraction of the time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

diabolos does percentage damage so it cant actually kill anything until it hits level 100. its probably top three GFs in the game though, enc-none, mug, and darkside all kick rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm kind of gettin the urge for a series playthrough, is the PSX version of 1 available anywhere other than FF origins?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

It looks like it's almost the same as the WonderSwan version (lol), but otherwise no. there's a GBA version, though

oh well, thought not. its a shame, imo its the best version, it pretty much just fixed bugs and added QoL stuff without actually changing core gameplay. dawn of souls was OK but switching from vancian spells to MP was real stupid and messed up balance like crazy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You can get Final Fantasy Origins as a PS1 classic and play it on PSP/Vita if you really wanna

gently caress yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The new Crystal Chronicles remaster has online crossplay but no local co-op whatsoever. What the hell

also it makes you enter a new friend code every 30m if you play it online

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

the organization XIII fights in KH2 are baller.

theres one like 2/3 of the way through that's probably the best fight in the entire game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Cool I'll drop a save file and do it later if I can't do it on disc 4. But been doing non story stuff for. while so wanna continue and it's nearly over I think.

Also lol that Zquall got 0 benefit from Lion Heart due to already having 255 in Hit and Str already

actually it unlocks his ultimate LB thats insanely strong and will do like 15k damage in a go

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

being so overleveled you annihilate the final boss in 2 hits is my fave part of JRPGs.

yeah this. scaling sucks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

My favorite thing about Final Fantasy 2 is the programmer who decided that Ultima should suck because it was a really old spell and magic had advanced way further since then and then ciphered the source code so nobody could change it

lmfao that kicks rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man ff7 remake is good. i think it's my best surprise of the last ten years, i thought it was going to be a knd of lovely cash-in especially when they said it's episodic and instead it's one of the best games i've played this year. considering getting plat although i dont want to do the motorcycle game ever again.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

saving most of my thoughts on 8 for the games beat thread but man i've always like ultimecia's castle. its cool that it's as complex as it is, and the sealed power gimmick is a really good one. in a better balanced game than 8 you could really do some cool poo poo with it, i think

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think that’s kind of what FF Type 0 is

yeah, its basically the monkeys paw version of that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

watchrd the trailer and i'm hype as gently caress

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

omfg wall marktet. this kicks so much rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

there's about 1000000000000000 hidden secrets and missable things so i recommend not giving a poo poo and playing a game at your own pace

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

If you've plugged your controller into port 2, beware! It won't work! Put it in port 1 instead.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

If your whole team falls to 0 HP, or "hit points," you will lose the game and likely some progress. Try not to let this happen, although it's OK if it does.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

If your whole team falls to 0 HP, or "hit points," you will lose the game and likely some progress. Try not to let this happen, although it's OK if it does.

Also worth noting, this will become harder to do as the game goes along. That's OK! That's supposed to happen. Try not to let it get you down.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also tidus gets killed by an explosive blitzball and his head ends up in yuna's lap

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

Is this real?

While trying to return to Besaid, Yuna and Tidus get lost at the stormy sea and end up shipwrecked on an uninhabited island that resembles Besaid. They find two stone statues, one of which is revealed to be of someone called Luchel, and another that Tidus deems to slightly resemble O'aka XXIII, both pointing in a certain direction that leads them to the area where the village would otherwise be. There is no village, only a dense forest. Tidus hypothesizes they had traveled a thousand years into the past.

They explore the forest hoping to find a clue on how to return home when a ball rolls towards them. Tidus mistakes it as a blitzball and runs towards it while looking around for its owner. It explodes, killing Tidus and Yuna passes out from the shock.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Tidus dead today after kicking an exploding blitzball

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Wait 8s this a copy paste not just an amazing post?

Mages and assassins from Zanarkand invaded Besaid, carrying bombs that resembled blitzballs to eliminate the summoners. The guardian Velm vowed to protect his summoner Kush, and led his army of soldiers and a group of fake Bedore to fight them. Kush went missing and Velm searched for her only to find her unconscious and half naked with Ifarnal, another summoner, in his bedroom. Ifarnal claimed it was the only way, but Velm was angered by the scene and charged at him. Velm attempted to awaken Kush when a fake Bedore entered and slapped Kush to wake her up. Velm tried to stop the Bedore only to be held down by Ifarnal, and Kush was awakened. A second fake Bedore wielding a gun entered the room and killed Velm. Kush, traumatized, refused to send him to the Farplane, which Velm interpreted as her telling him to become a fiend or go to hell. He felt he deserved it and resolved to repent in hell.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They said that they made a bunch of changes based on player feedback from the demo. I think there’s another video about it coming today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X1xP6qPnME

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

Rosaria. Sanbreque. Australia. Waloed. These are the lands of Final Fantasy XVI.

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Are there missable spells, songs, espers etc. I've found some magic in treasures and pots so I've almost certainly missed stuff by now, but can I at least like find stuff in end game later if I need to.

yeah but most of them are pretty easy to find