Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

World of Final Fantasy snuck its way on to Steam recently, I had no idea a PC version was even planned. Haven't played it but heard it's maybe alright?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

There's a benchmark tool out now for FF 15 if you wanna see how it's gonna perform for you.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m gonna buy it and play it until FF 15 drops. Some modder will fix the ui

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Happy FF XV day everyone

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold."

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

I probably spent most of my time in chapter 3 i think because i did like every sidequest I could and was disgustingly overlevled for the rest of the game

:same:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

lol, “I’m not playing this game until they stop supporting it! rear end! Piss!!”

Edit: misread the post, I’m used to everyone in Games being like I’m not gonna play this until all the dlc is out.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I just think there’s more than enough content in the base game to play and enjoy, and if you want more then hey, there’s tons.

Like just play the game if you’re interested in it. I don’t really get the “oh so it’s not complete yet call me in ten years” mentality. Life is short.

I could understand if it were like, a fighting game and you want to wait for all characters to be in a future edition, or if it were like an episodic game. But FF XV is fairly fucken feature complete.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

tao of lmao posted:

Are there any rumors or plans of a direct sequel to 15?

Nope. Just more DLC updates as far as the eye can see.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh poo poo, that remaster of FF 8 is coming out Sept 3rd.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah, it’s good

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

wHy did it play the Victory Fanfare and say CONGRATULATIONS in huge gold letters after I killed a slime in ff12.

That's what happens after boss fights in XII

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I couldn’t stand 12 when it released but the new version that lets you have multiple jobs per character and a fast forward feature let me really enjoy it. Lots of cool environments and the hunts are fun.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

He’s Balthier from 12 and I can’t unhear it, like President Skullface and his general Bender aka Wakka

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Is the VIII remaster worth playing? Thinking of picking it up tomorrow on Switch, only played a few hours of eight before a few times. Got to Laguna and fell off

It’s the exact same except with new high res character models. I’d say it’s worth it though. 8 is really fun when you figure out how to break the junction system by turning enemies into cards and then refining the cards into really OP magic. You can go the extra mile and also avoid leveling up which will allow you to one shot most bosses.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I can’t play 8 normally anymore because my brain knows the tricks to breaking the game over your knee. In fact I’m not even sure I ever figured out the “legit” way you’re meant to play it. When I was a kid I would sit for hours stocking magic from enemies and also spam the summons. Neither of those felt correct to me though. Then i learned about all the absurd magic you can refine from items and cards to make your stats crazy high and that’s the only way I play it now.

Anyway I’ve been playing 12 again. The Zodiac edition makes it way more enjoyable, I remember I couldn’t stand the game on the PS2. Addicted to doing hunts. Game looks awesome and is pretty relaxing to throw on fast forward and mow through areas.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I just had a really long and protracted battle with Gilgamesh in 12 and got a game over right when he was at his last sliver of health.

I’ll get him next time but the fight was so long that I don’t want to try again for a while lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I beat him

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Should I play Crystal Chronicles? I never touched it back in the day and I’m wondering if it’s a decent solo experience for $30

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The 13 series is like the most anime of all the FF titles, so ymmv depending on your tolerance for that kind of melodrama. 13 is really linear but has good combat. 13-2 is much more open ended and fun imo, but also that much more nonsensical. Lightning Returns is pretty different altogether, I didn’t get far in it but people around here seem to like it a lot.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I don’t often use the term “magical” to describe the experience of playing a game, but this is one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The worst rear end youve ever seen

https://x.com/Genki_JPN/status/1782730501377438174