Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I'm too lazy to search so is there one? if not we can use this one I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

last year was the first time i ever played a final fantasy. i finished 4 last year and 7 a few days ago. starting 10 now and i am hyped for 15 (loved the plat demo)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

rediscover posted:

4 and 7 are both epic. which one was your favorite

i liked 7 better overall because better characters

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

World of Final Fantasy looks kinda cool, its like Dragon Quest Monsters for FF

im like 60% leaning towards getting it.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

elf help book posted:

they also didnt like that it was "girly" or whatever

as if tidus isnt a little queermo

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Average Bear posted:

I've, uh, never played a FF game besides Crystal Chronicles. Where should I start?

i think you should start with 4 personally. its a good intro to the series imo.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

anybody try the woff demo on psn? seems fun

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I.N.R.I posted:

didnt much care for the world of final fantasy demo. the stacking stuff is fun , but its just so easy.

i think its a budget/vita buy for me

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i just made myself a secret of mana avatar today, which is like final fantasy, but good

Thats cool. I just made a post by myself today, which is like yours, but not gay.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i dont care about secret of mana in the final fanty thread you piece of crap

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i preordered ffxv last night because idgaf

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

prompto argentum is a good name

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i realy want to play the demo but can't be assed to make a japanese account

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

I made one for the Japanese dragon quest builders demo. I can make a gameplay video of it tomorrow if you're interested

i am interest.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

Really? It was my understanding that the car was the airship because they've shown it take flight in some promo videos. Also in the demo you can ram it into oncoming traffic if you want

oh i want

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I'm going to watch 10 minutes of kingsglaive every day until ffxv drops

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

I'm trying to thon it today before Pokemon arrives tomorrow so I'll be posting periodically about it. I wanna see the end, I feel like I'm close but I also expect some screwball game addition like they did with the first one.

Good luck gamer

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

this is my poo poo

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Foxhound posted:

I really like World of Final Fantasy can I post about it in this thread

Yes, but first let me paste this post.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Pre-ordered this loving game for Xbox because it apparently has a really decent HDR mode and I want to see what HDR looks like on my TV, it was $11 off on amazon prime with release day shipping, and I am a loving sucker for Final Fantasy games even in my advanced age of the early 30s.

Is this one of those games that is another lovely "coming of age" story centered around a bunch of teenagers so cringe worthy that I'll need to shroud the TV with a blanket while playing to prevent the girlfriend and other people over at the house saying poo poo like: "Dude wtf? You a pedo gay Japanese fag fuckboi? Why are you playing this poo poo?". Or is the story somewhat salvageable consisting of a slightly more mature cast this time around?

Apparently the characters are at least old enough to drive a loving car this time around so I really hope there are some slightly less childish drama elements in it that will prevent me from getting placed on a sexual predator watch list. Also, apparently the latter part of the game takes places 10-15 years after the first part too. Is that true?

SE should really consider targeting an older audience for their next Final Fantasy games having an older cast dealing with real problems instead of "How to cope with your first Jack Kerouac adventure across the country".

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I haven't played the full game or the demo, but after talking with ppl who have I think it suffers from Ni no Kuni syndrome -- where the demo was dogass awful but the actual game is a million times better. (Kuni top 5 games of last gen easily)

i loving love ni no but i really need to finish it :-/

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i watched kingsglaive again and from reading some reviews it seems like the story of the game will be much much better if you watch the movie

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

hoooo boy this game looks good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Kongming posted:

What determines your finesse grade at the end of encounters. I usually get D or C while i get A+ in the other two categories, and I like high scores.

i got an A in it once but i honestly don't know how

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Noctis made a joke about wanting to die, goty

This game is much better than I expected and I'm happy. My friend that liked FF13 doesn't like it though because "not enough story"

it sounds kinda lame but tell him to watch kingsglaive and brotherhood

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I got the version of FFXV that comes with Kingsglaive so I watched that and Brotherhood right before starting the game. It's funny how the game and the movie show Insomia as a vast, whimsical fantasy city but in the anime it's just surburban Tokyo w/ a couple of whimsical fantasy buildings in the background every so often.

i mean even in kingsglaive theres that scene where they're basically in the slums of midgar

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

Games sucks. I appreciate the unironic video game enjoyment found here in the Imp Zone

Same here gamer

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

zen death robot posted:

This sounds pretty awesome

thats sick

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

my chocobos are blue red orange and purple because the dudes are the ninja turtles obviously

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

yeah but ignis has glasses.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

goferchan posted:

Nevermind i'm spending hundreds of dollars on Overwatch holiday loot boxes instead

bro

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i clicked on this really excitedly because i thought it was like an actual cookbook lol https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5ifi01/every_single_final_fantasy_15_dish_recipes_where/

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah, it's weird but I wish they added about 1000 NPCs that stop the action to say "Hey can you help me find my Magma Sword. The Blast Ants took em." like Fallout. Really the only downside to the game imho.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm on winter break now so I'm going to concentrate on finishing the story. Currently in Chapter 10. Nothing is blocked out end-game wise, right?

i think after the story you can continue questing and stuff. im at the same part you are though so idk

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bolverkur posted:

take this Games-esque insane AIDS outside of the Zone

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

also a season pass buyer here. used my sony $10 coupon for it :)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i just caught that big fucker too but if anyone has any pointers on leige of the lake or whatever im all ears

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm terrible at fishing, this is gonna be the hardest trophy for me

go to vesperpool near the tackle shop (or across the lake from there also) the fish there are super super easy to get and you can clear out the pool in like 5 minutes tops. just exit fishing and reenter and they'll be back. do that a bunch of times and then go rest at the campground behind you. you'll have to watch the liege of the lake cutscene if you havent done that quest but its not long and you can just say no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

jesus