Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Start with 1, NES version :troll:

it's better than 3 and 4, tbh. TBH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i want to play world of final fantays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQwKxMqV9uE

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQwKxMqV9uE

:worship:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

uh wtf the tonberry dressed as a king and chibi sephiroth casting meteor are dlc bonuses fuuuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Usually those 'Day 1 Edition' preorder things are sold separately later on, like the slime weapons in DQ Heroes and the Dark Souls II items.

dark souls 2 is a pile of poo poo. what were they thinking

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Benny D posted:

I don't really wanna make a thread so is star ocean 5 really bad or what. 2 is my favorite jrpg of all time but I never played 3 or 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n-4FwnOv4A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlN4E-1I80Q

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ff4 is really bad, play ff5 or 6 instead, or even 1 :doge:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bravely default is hot garbage

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

som's combat is really tedious which is impressive for a zelda style game all you have to do is press a button to attack fortunately square mixed things up by ading cool down timers to the button and making you have to hold the button for 30 seconds instead of just tapping it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I played SoM for half an hour or so and it was really charming but the gameplay felt bad and boring. Does it get better?

the mana game to play is legond of man only on the sony playstation

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 are both win.

i agree with the idiot no i am not talking to myself

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

noctis lucis caelum
prompto argentum
ingnis sciencia
gladiolous amicita

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

which ones your favorite

i like prompto argentum because i can visualize tetsuya normura going quiku silba? but in latin please desu which is pretty funny 2 me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i do not like tidus

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tidus? MORE LIKE CUCKUS. bahahaha. get ready for 8 more years of this lulzy as poo poo FUCKERS.

Regards,

45yearoldgamer1971UK

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont really like any of the characters in 10, except for rikku. but i like them in 10-2

rikku is beautiful and i love her

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rikku got that de-chinkify surgury kpop idols got inbetween ffx and ffx-2

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Wakka is cool

i don't remember anything about him except he's named after fozzie bear's famous catchphrase and plays blitzball

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

He puts his seed in lulu which makes me unbeliavably jealous

i don't remember anything about lulu even tho a huge tit goth mom panders directly to me, that's how bad ffx is

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

There's a Japan only demo of FFXV that I might download tonight. Apparently it's quite large though, the first half of Chapter 1. The only thing discouraging me is that it's apparently locked on Easy difficulty. I wanna see how they've changed combat since Duscae which was, drat, 2 years ago now

i've seen some cool bugs and bad ai thanks to japanese twitter feeds

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

lol, i totally forgot about that cid design

i sure as hell didn't

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:eyepop:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this pile of crap better get a pc port

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hello gamers. just recently logged onto the microsoft store digital dowloads area and preordered a game for my xbox one scorpion

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Agean90 posted:

so how's ff15?? From what I heard it's 4 middle ages anime dudes going on a road trip and im curious how well it works but not $60 curious

Their bishis you stupid t8mb cucking friend of the family. Die!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Anroid

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i watched my epal nenelightangel put some 16 bit style ff15 boys on the side of his car, and get the car tuned up by girl cid :swoon: amazing, i must get this game soon gamgers

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Is this the DS version? i never played that new dungeon

the extra ds content is awful

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

Why must they break my heart like this?

What little I remember of the DS content was grindy bullshit that didn't feel like the regular game at all.

that's because it was copy pasted rooms from the main game placed at random in a series of massive dungeons and also iirc there were a series of fetch quests to get the ultimate ultimate weapons which you needed if you wanted to fight schal-in-lavos's head.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i read in a faq somewhere that lavos-with-schala for a head has hp that's close to whatever the stack overflow limit is for 16bit games [like 32000ish, yeah i read yospos on my Timb Cuck presents Anroid phone :slick:], so if you heal him his hp overflows into negative numbers and he dies. which is sort of cool i guess.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its like 100gb this poo poo is too big to pirate

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

Steam version of IX has the fast forward button right? I think the battle load times would kill me on PSX.

Every emulator has fast forward capabilities

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

epsxe doesnt, apparently.. i'm playing ffix right now too and though i'm not a broke brained moron the battle transitions do take a while

Try pressing tab or lookong for a way to turn off the frame limiter.

Alteratively save to a save card download pSX the emulator and use the save card file in psx becuz epsxe sux :twosted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

3 ds is one of the worst rpgs ive ever played. the last boss in particular is insane, they gave it three extra attacks per round for some reason and doubled the math from the original so it can fuckin disintegrate you if you aren't super overleveled, only the best place to grind is the last dungeon which doesn't have save points so if you take a shot and lose you throw 3-5 hours of grinding into the toilet.
the grinding was exactly the same in the original as well

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

Whaaat I didn't know that. Is there like a fan translation or something? I want to play that version.

here it is. https://www.meatspin.fr / finalfantasy6withajobsystemlikeff5

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Is there anything besides the cartoon Steam versions available for purchase for 1-6? I'll emulated it if I have to, but I'd love to be able to play an actually decent port on the PS4 or Switch controllers. Ditto for Dragon Quest.

bsnes, snes 9x, retroarch with a good snes cores, and any other snes emu that has been updated in like the last decade will recognize a dual shock 4 for final fantasy 4-6. the best version of 4 is imo the super famicom one which you need a fan patch for anyway. the snes version cut a bunch of stuff and has a terrible translation and all the remakes are weird. ff6 has a gba port that's good but the music is terrible [on original hardware, not just emulators] but you can patch it to have the snes music. idr if ff5 had a gba port or not. ff2 and 3 aren't really worth playing imo. there's a billion ff1 ports. all the psx ports are trash as other ppl have said

mysterious loyall X fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 3, 2018

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

emulators are usually better at supporting controllers than actual pc games

tekken 7 is the only pc game i've played that will recognize when a controller is plugged in after you start the game. thank you harada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FF5 had a really good GBA port with a whole new translation and a few extra jobs but somebody made a patch to port the new translation back to the SNES version so that’s fine to play

drat i'll have to check that out