Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

World of Final Fantasy looks kinda cool, its like Dragon Quest Monsters for FF

I think this game looks awesome and it's part of the reason i'm at peace with the FFXV delay because if FFXV came out first I would probably never get around to playing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I never played any of the 13 games ... from everything I've heard the first one doesn't sound nearly as fun mechanically as XII-2 or Lightning Returns but am I gonna be totally lost if I skip it? I don't have a PS3 or PC to play them on so i'll have to rent them on psnow i think

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The FF8 card game was fuckin awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Average Bear posted:

I've, uh, never played a FF game besides Crystal Chronicles. Where should I start?

Absolutely start with 4 or 6

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

chinese barbecue porp posted:

FF4 is probably the most essential Final Fanty game. If you're only going to play a single pre-Sony FF then it should probably be this.

If you like it then play FF5.

Wow I haven't played any of them in a long time but FF6 is still the big SNES final fantasy in my mind. I love games with lots of hidden crap and optional recruitable party members tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The special move stuff is part of the street pass system so good luck ever havin it work well

You can connect to the internet every 24 hours and get like 3 free random "streetpasses" which do the same thing as streetpassinf IRL

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Bravely Second you can just turn off XP gains in the menu though !

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh they put an actual idler in this game. That's bizarre

it's extremely bizarre but it's a fun way to blow off some steam. don't worry about it if you don't want to, though, it's almost entirely used for non-gameplay bonuses like unlocking songs for the jukebox and stuff.... there's a way to turn your proceeds into actual money but it's not available til a good bit later in the game , at which point you probably won't be hurting for cash anyways

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm kinda bummed that you have to choose between job classes because they set up a little conflict and it's both sides pleading their case so choose a side!! But the only thing that matters is which job you get , so why bother. Also the thief is kicking my rear end.

You're just choosing the order you get em in , thankfully, everything you didn't choose will become available eventually . Also they usually do a pretty good job of balancing the choice between two similar roles (and sometimes you're choosing between two jobs that have really strong synergy with each other) ... the structure turned me off at first but it ends up being a nice way to provide some variety in the middle part of the game and then a good powerful feeling later on when you have access to absolutely everything and can start busting the game wide open

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i bought FFX and FFX2 remaster forever ago and just redownloaded it ....... i played them both back when they came out but excited to do it again

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Same here, even though I entered at the max suggested level, but that happens in every dungeon kinda. I should keep exploring but the OCD in me wants to go track down all available blue Mage skills right now.

Iirc almost all the good ones aren't available until the second part of the game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cant believe this is the month...... XV has come to...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

i preordered ffxv last night because idgaf

Its gonna be fuckin good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Ok I "beat" it but like the first one theres a twist + apparently a lot of game left. Its funny after how much flak the first game got for its structure, the sequel does almost the exact same thing apparently. I dont mind, I like the weird escalation of the postgame stuff.

It's not as bad as the first one at all. The next part isn't nearly as repetitive

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Captain gently caress Face posted:

Roman numerals can be tricky, let's all be more careful in the future

they're an important distinction.... there's a reason there's Metal Gear Solid, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, and MGSV

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Can't wait to buy this next weekend

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

Can't wait to buy this next weekend

Nevermind i'm spending hundreds of dollars on Overwatch holiday loot boxes instead

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nahh i'm gonna pick this up ASAP I just wanna finish Witcher 3 first because i know if i don't do it now i never will (not counting DLC, gonna save that for later) -- maybe can knock it out this week but honestly have no idea how much is left. Just about to sail to Skellige

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Foxhound posted:

Lol you have like 15-infinity hours left, depending on how completionist you are.

lol i'm ok with that . and yeah i'm doing a lot of sidequests... maybe FFXV will have to wait because i know if i start something else i'll fall off witcher 3 and im usually really bad about finishing games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok I caved and bought this, it looks like too much fun. If Witcher 3 takes me another year to beat then so be it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I never played any of the demos and somehow I don't think I've even seen a video of the combat before , but I'm in the tutorial and this feels like it's gonna be extremely my poo poo ... the spell casting effects are so badass

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

omg.... the classic FF victory jingle when you set up camp at the end of the day... I'm loving this and I haven't even unlocked fishing yet!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh my god the Chocobo riding feels are incredible

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Now i'm just kind of sad that chocobos aren't real 😰

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm only like 10 hours in but this game feels very special .Little things like being able to press different face buttons to do different poses in that quest where you take a picture with a Catoblepas add up and just make for a really joyful experience

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sorry about your lovely max HP Prompto but I am replacing the accessory that boosts it with this new one I found that lets you take more pictures in a single day

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nah I'm not there yet, I think I just got it at a weapon shop in some rando outpost so it's definitely available sooner than that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

comes out thursday

omg

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Prompto keeps taking the most amazing pics

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i haven't gotten to the big city yet but the hammerhead theme and chocobo song are both extremely good tracks

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Foxhound posted:

That specific fight is a reference to an actual battle that took place in ancient Japan.

lol 👍

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh cool i just figured out how techniques getting crits works (you get a special, longer animation sometimes and they have additional effects) -- neat that it's not just extra damage. According to reddit too if you eat someone's favorite food at camp their crit odds get drastically increased

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Stand Your Ground is maybe my favorite FF non-boss battle track of all time. It's like JUST lighthearted enough

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also...Just got to chapter 13 and played through most of it. I don't hate it and I've been trying to think of why some other people do without just saying aids or retard about them. I'll add that to my thoughts post when I finish up the game.

It's the imp zone baby. Don't be afraid of saying aids or retard of people.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Also idk how this game does it but its like nothing ive ever played before even though its made up of a bunch of things you see in a ton of games

Agreed 100%. it's very special

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Go on...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ludicrous Virtue Signalings Last Reward

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FF8 is loving insane lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i'd also say 9 over 8 but 8 has probably the best music of the entire series

truth ,but at least you can listen to fishermans horizon on the FFXV car radio forever . I love 8 because it was my first FF but i don't know if i'd defend it or recommend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That swap stuff looks awesome, I'm kinda glad I never beat the game. Gonna just start fresh when that last update comes out