Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I will buy/fund this game if and only if two conditions are met:

1. Guillotines are used and featured in the game.

2. This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E is used as the theme song for the game and featured in gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

New Zealand can eat me posted:

I want to breed with a guillotine

:getin:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
On second thought the whole idea is wrong this is better: the protagonist needs to be a young a guillotine. Jealous and awed by the skill and efficiency of the older guillotines our hero sets off on a magical journey of self discovery. Make it cute and Disney Like and you'll sell a million copies.

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 28, 2016

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

hyperdevbox posted:

Sorry, André the Giant is not going to be in the game.

:fuckoff: :frogout:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
The day you change the game's name to Thermidor: Guillotine and include a guillotine party member and usable guillotine to remove unwanted characters is the day I'd pay $50 for your game...
:toxx:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

KingSlime posted:

but mostly it's because you don't have any money, making the "traditional way" a non-option

like if you stopped being a bitch and just added guillotines (which you can breed) you are aware that we'd fund the poo poo out of your game, right?
If they made it the "traditional" way. First no one would ever fund them and second the boss or company owners would force them to add guillotines because normal companies want to make money unlike hyperdev.

Kickstarter allows hyperdev to keep its vision "pure" ,historically inaccurate, guillotine free,and profit free as well.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Wrong! The truth is that French Government is angry about its culture and history being mistreated in gaming and has decided to fight back by hacking the thread title. :tinfoil: :france:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Hyperdevbox I am ready to buy Thermidor! Where are the comprehensive gameplay screenshots and videos this thread has promised?! How dare you be dishonest with your customers. This is simply unacceptable! :mad:

note: 4 screenshots do not count. There should be at least 50 screenshots showing real gameplay also video.

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 24, 2016

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Node posted:

If the OP doesn't post soon I think we need to ban him and erase any traces of this thread, and Thermidor JRPG.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Where are the New Gameplay Screenshots we were promised? :mad:

This thread continues to disappoint everyday.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Thermidor is my most anticipated JRPG of 2017! :toot:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
New game updates are looking good! Ready to preorder!

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 12, 2016

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

vanisher posted:

Hey all! While my cover letter and resume has received no official response from Hyperdevbox Japan LTD I'd like to think any interview process is only a formality after the popularity of these ideas here.

Don't be modest. I'm sure the CEO of Hyperdevbox Japan LTD has already decided to appoint you lead developer! I'm sure that offer letter and congratulatory phone call are coming soon. It's impressive work, you've done more in a few days then the previous lead has managed in ten months.

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 13, 2016

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

hyperdevbox posted:

Hello you awfuls,

So I hope everyone understands that we have been working very hard on the crowdfunding campaign page for the last 2 months, and therefore have paused all the work on the development of the game.
I am really looking forward to that moment where the campaign is a success, and we can continue developing the game while being in constant contact with you guys here, and update you regularly about our progress.
Which means, you WILL get to see ALL the juicy screenies, art, and music, as the creation process develops.

By the way, in our campaign page there will be a LOT of info and details about the game, and I'm sure that it will satisfy some of your cravings to a certain extent. Not to mention, as the campaign is running, we will update it all the time.

Update: We are now proofreading the campaign page (English, french & Japanese), and finalizing the Pitch videos. Everything is looking good and almost ready to go!

:allears:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Still no new game screenshots...

edit:concept art does not count as a screenshot

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
$487 on the first day not bad! :coolspot:

You have my full spiritual support but unfortunately I don't believe in keeping my money in banks so I can't send you the $35,000 I would otherwise donate.

Also OP you should put your kickstarter address on your first post in the thread. Just a protip.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I have one question for mr hyperdevbox guy: Is your goal (please only select 1 or 2 but not both)

1. To make money and run a business

2. To make the game of my dreams! :sparkles:

I'm going to suspect your goal all along has been #2 and there hasn't much thought put into 1#.

Realize you can't have #2 without #1. You are failing spectacularly at #1. This is objectively true. The only solution you have to make your dreamgame is to pay the 250K yourself because no one else wants it.

My proof is:

$717 USD raised by 19 backers
0% of $240,000
fixed goal

Countdown until cognitive dissonance and denials... Well that's already started.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I'm completely in favor of this becoming the gay maze thread. What if I just want to be a "tourist" and simply visit the maze without consequences is that allowed?

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
It depresses me that I can't find a twin blade guillotine on google. :(

• Locked thread