Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

The story of my life right here, right down to the Final Fantasy Tactics-esque Bug-Out mind grid whenever someone talks loudly in my direction.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Heads will roll if this game doesn't adhere to the strictest of anime tropes

It's cool, the art that OP posted showed that it certainly will.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

hyperdevbox posted:

By the way, our #dailyquiz about Thermidor's characters will end this coming Monday (31st), but you still have a chance to win a framed picture of Léandre signed by our staff.

I really want this framed anime of this promising unreleased jrpg indy game on my mantle to boost my Scene credit and keep as as an investment, but I've never registered to Facebook or Instagram or Google because they'll steal my personal information and sell my prize-winning identity. Is there another way that I can win the signed anime?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Also, if I win the prize, can it be redeemed anonymously?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Who's the jerk who changed the title to it being almost as misleading as a dev's sound-and-music waterboy having enough agency over the project he's working on to even entertain taking suggestions from nobodies, especially with an "I'm the ideas guy" CEO already acting as both a producer and creative director, and happened to say the other day that he was really thinking about maybe adding those guillotines?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I hear they're thinking about adding a whole bunch of exp doublers and OP gear if you pay extra. That's hosed up Thermidor guys!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Jose Mengelez posted:

will marianne get one boob out?

There's supposedly an alternate costume with some underboob but no outright nudity so far. Who knows though! They're still in early development, there's still time.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Looks like Thermidor had been abandoned. Oh well, it was a promising game.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Leandre looks like he might suck a mean dick. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I'll back the Thermidudes spiritually.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

How Rude posted:

Hey, if someone donated $35k they could get their Guillotine OC put in the game

the dream of Thermidor with Guillotines is still alive

Unless you actually look like a guillotine, you would have sprung a 35k$ trap.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Why do i get the feeling that they're account sharing?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Say, you mention that there are features missing from the rendering engine that you guys are awaiting further funding on to tackle. What kind of features are we talking about?

Also, our friend is accurate (despite you claiming that his lack of game dev experience makes his opinion null amd void): just because the game is running in realtime doesn't mean it isn't being rendered -- key word being realtime. You're touting that what you currently do have is running at 60 fps, but that doesn't mean much without context of the hardware you're running on and, more importantly, what the job is.

Prokhor Zakharov said that what you are currently showing of the game (a fairly spartan room with a handfull of characters idling and/or moving a bit) isn't a whole lot to go on for pledging money. The fact that this is running at 60 fps should at the very least be expected: his whole point is that there isn't much going on, so why would the system be taxed by that?

Also, for the record and since it looks like it matters for some reason, I am a game dev with many AAA releases under my belt.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

hyperdevbox posted:

I am not missing any point, you do !

Welp, pack it up boys. He's got our number.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

hyperdevbox posted:

(...) The Battle system is the main work and it will take time to be implemented the way we want it.

You're absolutely correct about this: when it comes to player agency, the battle system is what your game will mostly be about. Until you guys can show off the part of the game where players can actually interact with, the stuff you're showing off only has value for yourselves. A cool story, interesting locales and great characters are wasted if your game is no fun for your players to play. You're putting up an indy crowdfunding campaign based entirely on fluff that, so far, has no meaning for anybody except for you guys. What is in it for the player to crowdfund this game? Ideas are cheap.

Yes, making the battle system is one of the harder and riskier parts; that's entirely why showing it off means that you have your poo poo together and that there might be some value there. Crowdfunding goes well with needing to create more assets and funding general production, but you guys are barely a step into pre-production. People aren't going to fund ideas.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

randombattle posted:

Why should anyone believe in a story and be fans for something they know nothing about. I wrote a draft of a novel that's not done yet. I don't expect anyone to care because why would they? You can't just expect fans to exist because you say so. Your most expensive backer reward is to put yourself in the game but why would anyone want to be in the game? Would you like to give me 20,000 dollars to be in my incomplete novel? It's the same thing you're asking of someone.

Maybe people would care about your novel if you ran a contest where the winner gets a framed drawing of one of the characters in the novel.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
So far I consider this campaign a success!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Everybody's so restless because of the lack of juicy screenies! Save your thread, Thermidudes!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
CEO's wife gotta get paid somehow. Sounds like her job is to appease France for their transgressions.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I wonder what's it like to do a minotaur shift. You're there to get blown a bunch, but at some point your dick's gonna get raw and you can't keep it up forever (figuratively). Day after day of getting blown by scared strangers, it's gotta stop working out at some point.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Gotta start somewhere. It's a shame about starting in one of those burning hobo barrels though.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Ozmodai posted:

This is Triple A (A+++) stuff here from a dev that brought us Argest War, Blazing Souls, and Spectral Souls. You can't argue with a track record like that.

One might say that if you're a fan of the renown Souls games, you'll love this!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

The White Dragon posted:

No no no, the whole point of marrying the guillotine is that you become a merged unit and you move her around on a hand truck

The only good reason for loving a guillotine imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
OP will never understand where he hosed up and it's a shame.

• Locked thread