Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I don't think anybody asked to see some game play screenshots but this is definitely lining up to be the best French Revolution JRPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Hey OP, I've been F5'ing Steam like crazy for a bout 3 days and I don't see the Game on there please give me the game and some guillotines if you have any Thanks in Advance.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Farg posted:

will you have a really cool final boss? Some really cool final bosses are the ones from persona 3, the one from persona 4, and the one from persona 5 (Yaldabaoth, God of Order and Pride who masquerades as Igor for most of the game, for you fellow jrpg fans who haven't played yet). Anyways what will the final boss be

A guillotine.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
GOTY 2013 once it comes out next week.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Oh I get it now, the game is a metaphor for guillotines. Like they're not physically there but the theme is still very much guillotine-focused. That's pretty artistic but I think you might lose some people who are into the physical, actually-there guillotine genre.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

That picture is of a Chassepot. Which was adopted by the French military in 1866. I'll give you that it's a blackpowder gun but it's still much more modern than what would have been available to someone in 1789. Like in 1789 a bolt action rifle with metallic cartridges would have been straight up futuristic.

If we're using stuff that's almost a century off then we might as well really charge into it. Stuff like revolvers would really spruce up this game if we're not gonna have guillotines.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Palpek posted:

Hell, if they're already a century off they might as well give those French revolutionaries something even cooler like laser guns and laser chariots. Imagine a chariot that instead of horses has two huge hovering engines with a laser current connecting them and the revolutionaries would race them on a desert planet and maybe chop off a few heads with the laser currents while they're at it. Then there would be a zoom in on a kid's face and he would say something like "sacrebleu, now this is podracing".

See now this is a game that I would play. Hope you're taking notes guillotine anime maker op guy.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Solomonic posted:

Hi OP. Will Cardinal Richelieu be in this game? I realize that, of course, he had unfortunately passed away prior to the start of the French Revolution, but would it perhaps be possible to include him as a sort of phantasmic mentor figure for the protagonist, in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi or that merchant NPC from Darksiders? Thanks for listening, we at the Something Awful Forums appreciate your commitment to open development.

Maybe he can team up with Mazarin as a duo of grouchy old dead guys who complain about how back in MY day we didn't have no fancy shmancy machines for when we wanted to behead people :bahgawd:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

hyperdevbox posted:

Who changed the name of this post?
How is that possible? And, how do I change it back?

I did it.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

hyperdevbox posted:

We sincerely hope it can be fixed and the thread can be set back to the original title ASAP because it is not a glitch which did impersonate us and changed the title to something different. Not a random title thought, but something to please the paid posting crowd. OP has no way to edit themselves titles, or maybe there is a new 10$ option somewhere to do that, hard to tell. We understand that to keep a forum full of paid members it does requires to keep them entertained to some extend but for now, we will refrain posting anything until we can be sure that forum rules are enforced and respected, thread titles and post are not "manipulated" in a way to convey a total different message than the one posted originally.

Sorry about that I accidentally flipped the switch on my monitor that randomly changes thread titles.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Will there be french fries in the game this is important?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

hyperdevbox posted:

I promise to reply to all the (serious) questions/comments, and continue giving you updates, once things calm down a bit here.

Also known as "once everyone has lost interest." Boy this game is gonna be a real hit!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

But Not Tonight posted:

Oh my god it's the same poo poo from the op

gently caress you hyperdevbox, post fresh screens

The game takes place entirely in one tavern and you learn about the revolution from various soldiers coming and going, like an 18th century version of Cheers.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

However I am concerned about how we'll get to see executions by means of guillotines if we are not able to leave the tavern. Unless the execution platform is just outside, of course.

It's like a sports bar except people go there to watch the executions on TV instead of sports

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Preordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Is this thread still filled with annoying retards harassing earnest game developers?

I think there are only earnest fans here homie, take a chill pill.

• Locked thread