Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Why should anyone care about teen anime frenchie with a future gun? Like, what's the sales pitch?

It was the possibility of playing a teen anime frenchie with a future gun that shoots guillotines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

pixaal posted:

How much history would I learn playing this compared to say Mario's Time Machine, or Mario is Missing.

That's a real good idea, you could put in little snippets of history like this interesting one:

But just convert the whole thing to look anime.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I want Tutorial Ghost Cardinal Richelieu in the game.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm sure the admins will get your thread back to it's former glory.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

More like historically ANIME game, lol.

Hire me as a writer for your game hyperdevbox.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You can never beat Project G.U.I.L.L.O.T.I.N.E

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What is STH & AWR?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

vanisher posted:

I certainly am not trying to harass anyone
I thought the dev was pretty okay with light jokes from their posting
Just let me know if you'd like to make this a serious thread and I'm happy to jump on board

I like it but can you make the Breed button bigger and pulse faster?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

vanisher posted:

I'll try and improve the breeding experience in future screens thanks for the note

Thanks! Sorry if i'm being pushy I know everybody at HDB is way too busy on the forums campaign to do work on the game.

Any plans for a crossover with this

I mean look at that long neck, it's perfect for guillotines.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I cannot wait for all the juicy screenies

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anticheese posted:

I'm seriously reconsidering picking up the code to my guillotine generator, hooking it up to an image scaler and palate swapper (a JRPG staple!!!) and make an idle game about breeding guillotines. I was able to get the bare bones of it up and running in about 20 minutes, so this should be able to come out before a gameplay demo from hyperdevbox.

I'll pull out my generous donation I gave to Thermidor and hand it all to you if you do this.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That's great and all but when are you opening the kickstarter for SECRET GAY MAZE

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Could they have actually made a successful kickstarter if they spent more time on showing off the game instead of wandering to forums posting interest checks?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

nerdz posted:

The funny thing is that if you look for thermidor on google you'll notice that they were laughed out of everywhere they posted about this game

And yet, they released the crowdfunding campaign.

Yeah I saw that and noticed we were the only ones to talk to them

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Justin Credible posted:

3D Graphic Artist

Maybe when they fill this position the characters wont look like wax figures left in the sun too long.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh god i've only just noticed all the ugly as sin models behind the character portraits

Horrifying dead eye stare.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What does this mean?

Also maybe you could just scrap the 3D side of stuff and just make a 2D game?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

Are that wine bottle and that loaf of bread or whatever it is glued to the tray or was gravity different during the French Revolution

I think she's currently falling?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

I mean, we're retreading old ground here, but why name your game after one of the most famous guillotinings in history if there's no guillotines in your drat game??

It'd be too violent for this game. For some reason.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cause they wanted to make a cute anime kickstarter game and for some reason the french revolution as a setting but hell bent on keeping it cute for god knows what reason.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kawaii means cute
Guns & Swords are kawaii

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That would be way better.
(It's got guillotines, right?)

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Why stop at one guilltoine character when we can have an army.
I'm trying to think of good name for team G.U.I.L.L.O.T.I.N.E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah pretty clear they hosed up trying to make it cute.

Khorne posted:

They're probably planning to run another campaign but with a different approach.
That different approach is showing off/explaining more of the actual gameplay beyond saying "state of the art 3D Tactical Japanese RPG with a unique gameplay system"

• Locked thread