Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

can you date and then marry a guillotine, only to meet a horrible fate on your wedding night?

guillotine on the streets, butterknife in the sheets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Man Whore posted:

drat, out sperged

tell me about spherical cats.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

we get it, you guys are into underage anime poo poo.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Palpek posted:

So you're the rogue one, I'll remember this.

nice timely joke dude :hfive:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

holy poo poo there's a $35k backer tier

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Looks like famous band At The Drive-In is getting in on the ground floor in both guillotines and random miscapitalization!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-NYWzd7JW8&t=86s

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Btw if anybody is curious I'm the anonymous backer that pledged $300. It's definitely not one of the developers' moms.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I believe in the cause, ok??

hyperdevbox posted:

Hi,

The art in the game is exactly as previously shown in the screenshots so one is free to like it or not, maybe you were expecting to see MOE type of graphic but we want to bring something more "realistic" in the style, sorry if it does not please you, also keep in mind those are not the final models and we will refine them as the development is progressing . This is not a mock up, video and screenshot are made using the real game engine, of course it is an alpha version of the engine, not totally implemented with all the features yet since we need the funding to do so. If you check the indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, you will see that our estimated date of delivery is December 2017, how far we are so far, we would say, enough to have this technical demo and engine up and running, now we need to add the game content and dialogues out of the story-line. The game is not a full open world, it is a world made of several 3D locations (mostly in Paris, but some in the surroundings), you can picture it as in the style of a Jeanne D'Arc.

Thank you for your warm wish, game development is not something new for us but we agree that it is a hard work to do because of all the platforms, market fragmentation and cost inflation.

Hey man for all intents and purposes this definitely looks like you guys' first full-fledged game, even if it isn't it doesn't really reflect well on the developers as a whole when you get so defensive when people criticize your artwork/assets. Remember, you're representing your entire studio on a public forum!

Also "realistic" style is not even remotely what I get from either the artwork or the in-game assets, sorry. People are probably going to expect a very anime-type game because your characters basically look like what Japanese animators think 18th-century white people look like.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

From our CEO:

Hi,

The art in the game is exactly as previously shown in the screenshots so one is free to like it or not, maybe you were expecting to see MOE type of graphic but we want to bring something more "realistic" in the style, sorry if it does not please you, also keep in mind those are not the final models and we will refine them as the development is progressing . This is not a mock up, video and screenshot are made using the real game engine, of course it is an alpha version of the engine, not totally implemented with all the features yet since we need the funding to do so. If you check the indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, you will see that our estimated date of delivery is December 2017, how far we are so far, we would say, enough to have this technical demo and engine up and running, now we need to add the game content and our dialogues of the story-line. The game is not a full open world, it is a world made of several 3D locations (mostly in Paris, but some in the surroundings), you can picture it as in the style of a Jeanne D'Arc.

Thank you for your warm wish, game development is not something new for us but we agree that it is a hard work to do because of all the platforms, market fragmentation and cost inflation.

You made the same post twice in a row get it together man!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Sorry but you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, are you a game developer ? What have you done so far ? NO , it is not "rendered" like rendered in a 3D software and YES, it is full realtime gameplay recorded on PC, if you took the time to check our pitch video before posting, you would have seen gameplay footage played on a big TV screen running strong at 60 fps. As for asking the crowd to fund a game development, it is the main concept of the crowdfunding, if you want to buy a complete game, browse the steam catalog ^^

:allears:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

OP are you the guy in the blue shirt in the gofundme video

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

So it's a bog-standard battle system except there's a saving throw to determine if an enemy in your vicinity will shoot you in the face as you move

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

We will be able to do in Thermidor some team actions that are not available (to my knowledge) in other common tactical turn based jrpgs, for example Leandre has a good experience shooting with the riffle but he currently has no riffle in his hand, one enemy carry a riffle, another member of your party, in position to attack the enemy, will try to inflict enough hit damages to the enemy to have the riffle dropped, then will move , pick the riffle and throw it to Leandre (who was in the vicinity), Leandre can now shoot with the riffle, just an example of a possible scenario.

Front Mission 4 did this

Also some legit advice: if you're releasing a game in English, get someone who has good English to do your PR. In all honesty I'm not trolling you here, but that paragraph was extremely hard to understand. Also misspelling game-critical elements like "rifle" doesn't bode well for your game script TBH.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

i'm johnny knoxville and this is THERMIDOR

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Exclusive footage from hopperdickbox studios where they are hard at work on implementing the big feature everyone's been clamoring about!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UY2wnnPcw

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mister Adequate posted:

Come on highperdevbox, where's the updates? Where's the posts? Where's the ongoing efforts to answer questions and engage people? This lack of communication isn't how to get your game over the hump and collect the remaining $239,198 you need!

We asked the wrong kinds of questions. They're a busy dev studio, they don't have time for pointless questions like "how does the battle system work" or "how about some actual screenshots/footage that aren't all from the same 10-second gameplay loop that's been shown since the start"|

I'm honestly amazed they even took the time to open up for questions at all, and it's no surprise to me that they stopped answering after the deluge of irrelevant badgering coming out of this thread.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Golden Goat posted:

Oh god i've only just noticed all the ugly as sin models behind the character portraits

Are that wine bottle and that loaf of bread or whatever it is glued to the tray or was gravity different during the French Revolution

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

GunnerJ posted:

dated with the beginning, using two different calendar systems in its title

Holy poo poo I didn't even notice that :vince:

they can't even get things right in the title of the game

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Golden Goat posted:

Cause they wanted to make a cute anime kickstarter game and for some reason the french revolution as a setting but hell bent on keeping it cute for god knows what reason.

guns and swords: cute

guillotines: not cute

got it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean poo poo there's a popular anime where all the girls are warships or planes or something so a guillotine character can't be that much of a stretch

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A study in how 2 completely different faces can still give off identical creepy/rapey vibes

also no amount of perspective/angle handwaving can change the fact that homeboy has a normal-sized upper arm and weird Trump-esque tiny baby forearm and hand.

e: oh yeah I didn't know they had fedoras in 18th-century France either

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 4, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Foglet posted:

M'bladey

(That was a bad guillotine joke)

hey I lol'd

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Crossposting but in honor of our fallen heroes, I'm making this for the SA Gamedev thingy.

Fructidor: Juicy Fruities, a guilloutine-themed fruit slicing game, set in the French Revolution. (First "gameplay" video in the second link)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post467970233
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279&pagenumber=3#post467984112

gently caress I wish OP had Toxx'ed himself with the whole "I'd like to see you assholes make a game huh HUH?!" angle

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Aged/cured meats don't need to be refrigerated you dumdum!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

are you suggesting we just put the meats on the ground like a loving ape?

E: look at me! my name is "kelp me" and i think i am better than the great sultan of tuptaluk! i like to suck up prosciutto off the floor with an extra wide straw because i am just too cultured for refrigerators! :fuckoff:

what kind of loving monster serves prosciutto cold

I bet you serve your cheeses straight out of the fridge too you shriveled empty husk of a human being

e: and it's Kelp Me! with the exclamation point get it right or pay the price

• Locked thread