Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Duck_King posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/office-kafkaesque-nightmare/

I work in an office doing IT stuff for a school district, and have been doing it for a few months now. For years prior, I'd done all sorts of minimum wage jobs, including working in the blazing summer sun, factory work, customer service, and food service jobs. This summarizes perfectly how I'd felt for years, even when I was a teenager, when I'd hear some overpaid white collar rear end in a top hat complain about how "uninspiring" his job was, and part of the reason I really hated that GenX malaise that was so popular to complain about in the 90's. Glad I'm not the only one who hates hearing those people whine. I now work in a cubicle making more money than I ever have to sit and watch YouTube and browse Facebook, answer phones, and watch a Windows imaging progress bar move. Sure as gently caress beats crippling back pain and heat stroke for poverty wages.

You're going to feel like this for maybe a year before the depression sets it. Enjoy it while it lasts though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread