Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Taerkar posted:

A catastrophic loss by the GOP will do a lot more to advance progressive ideas in this country than any number of votes for vanity parties.

You are a few bad decisions away from a "Like this and drive liberals MAD!" poster.

Why would the D team promote more progressive ideas if they know they have the left wing vote in the bag? The rich people who run the party would instead look to get more right-wing voters by putting in right-wing policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

stone cold posted:

Maybe if this were the gilded age that would be a position to take. But you cannot convince me that the democrats and the republicans are equally bad, and that's been a dumb stance to take since about, oh, the enaction of the Southern Strategy.

Sorry that being a white cisgendered heterosexual man of means blinds you to reality. Sorry that you're a coward and you rely on other people to make sure we don't have a president trump so you can vote third party and maintain your precious purity.

It's your duty to ensure the sucess of the Party.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm totally going to push the democratic party left by writing letters that get read and tossed by some staffer! Yeah! I did it!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

vas0line posted:

This is how it's been going lately. My friends and family are taking this stance. It's a shame that we've come to attacking each other's characters for not supporting the same candidate.

Voting Clinton? You're an America hating little bitch.
Voting Trump? You're a piece of human garbage.
Voting third party? You're a selfish fuckhead who wants Trump/Clinton to win.

God drat I hate politics. This election can't end soon enough.

The authoritarian tone of this thread is astounding. It's your DUTY to vote for Clinton and support her because WE NEED A HUGE WIN because then the Democrats will win forever and ever and then, after all that, they'll do leftist things. The Party cannot fail, it can only be failed.

And saying that a critique of Hillary is misogynistic treads on the same lines that any criticism of Margaret Thatcher is misogynistic.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

NewForumSoftware posted:

Can I ask you a serious question? Why do you hate women?

Honestly, it's pretty clear by your posts you haven't actually researched her positions for an instant. What about Hillary isn't progressive? I mean she's a dyed in the wool leftist and here you are telling us that Hillary is only going to make things worse?

Look, Hillary Clinton isn't Bill Clinton even if your misogynistic head is too small to understand it.

In short, burn in hell Trump supporter.

I mean, Candidate Obama vs President Obama were very different things, and there's no reason to believe Hillary's any different.

I'm not voting for Trump unless somehow you consider not contributing to a Democratic victory lap voting for trump.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I read the excerpts from the goldman sachs speeches and they imply a pretty right wing economic policy.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Shillary basically told goldman sachs she wants to reduce regulations on wall street and thinks they should pay less taxes but instead we should have faith in vague campaign promises.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

vintagepurple posted:

As opposed to?

honest question, how old are the 3rd-party voters here?

As a venerable of 24 winters, I'm guessing an average 20.

Tbh I voted Stein in my first election and all's I can say now is LOOOOOOOÔL

That's a pretty no-win question, isn't it?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Note that shillary does not want glass steagal to return or for Taft-Hartley to be repealed.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Maybe Hillary will surprise me, but I doubt it. Dodd-Frank was weak stuff and will pretty much allow another crash to happen in the next eight years because it has not solved any of the fundamental problems.

And if you want organized labor to be a thing in the US again you have to get rid of Taft-Hartley so that they can actually use a full range of tactics instead of the absolutely gimpy set they have now.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

twodot posted:

No. No one should vote for Gary Johnson.

This is plainly a bad outcome, but you're the one suggesting engaging in risky behavior is good. Why call people cowards unless you think they should be risking a Trump win? I'm the one that thinks people shouldn't risk a Trump win.
Edit:

In what possible sense could I be an example of you describing how political parties form platforms?

Actually encouraging Gary Johnson votes is good because he siphons off the trump electorate more than the Shillary electorate.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
When is the Democratic party going to be purged of Pro-Wall Street elements?

Only then will I vote for it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the most important things to my fragile triggered mind are the supreme court, the paris accords, public education, the economy and healthcare, and i'd rather not spend 4 years systematically dismantling all of these things like trump keeps explicitly saying he's going to do.

All of these ol' shill will do only in terms that her wall street bankers find acceptable.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

SSNeoman posted:

No, whenever I hear this criticism for like Obama, it's always "the lobbyists are creating so much obstruction that the President has his hands tied!"
Well, okay there are some dumbfucks that say "we are all owned by the corporations, man" but they are few and far between I assume you all are above that (please tell me you are.if you're not, permit me my delusion so I'm not even more disappointed in thid-party voters)

When it comes to Hillary though, "oh she was paid x amount of money by goldman sachs ergo she's their personal sex slave"

There is a difference

Were you even there when there was campaign obama vs real obama?

She was paid by Goldman Sachs, and then there's what she actually said to Goldman Sachs. She said she was brave not to go after them after 2008 and they applauded. This is not someone who is going to do anything they don't like.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Who What Now posted:

What do you think voting third party does? You've never been to clear about that.

Not sure what a Hillary vote does, either, with regard to lobbying and the effect of moneyed interests in public policy.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Condiv posted:

i threw my vote to gloria la riva :allears:

As did I.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Who What Now posted:

The third parties are worse than Trump.

Better the PSL than shillary.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I like how things suddenly became about people being able to fail a politician rather than the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

SSNeoman posted:

The woman did everything right. She ran the campaign literally as well as it could possibly go. I cannot find a single flaw in the way she ran it besides
1. She's a woman
2. she's not Bernie

So yeah, this one is on us. I can't even loving vote and I feel responsible. Accept it and don't be a weasel.

The Pragmatic, supremely good Politician. She was perfect!

• Locked thread