Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

sean10mm posted:

The fact that third party voting in the US is almost exclusively a hobby of privileged white people should probably give people pause.

Minorities don't vote overwhelming Democratic because they're dupes - which is the implicit position of super-woke white people - but because they recognize the only choice likely to have ANY positive impact on their lives going forward.

I mean, you can say that if you let Trump win by voting third party that people will die, but the reality is with the drug war and foreign wars lots of people are gonna die either way. Greens and Libertarians, whatever their other flaws are, tend to be against those things harder than the big parties. If that's not where your priorities lie, that's one thing of course but let's get real: you can say the whole "tons of people will die" thing and be 100% correct about every Presidential election.

None of this is to contest that Trump is an extraordinarily bad candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

I'm not arguing for the merits of a given party. The "but people's lives are on the line!" thing is just totally naive. Hillary is going to kill tons of foreigners and imprison millions of black men. She can be that and be better than Trump.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

This election is not at all in the bag to that degree.

Have you paid attention to anything that has happened in the last few days? It's over.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Hey sup everyone, just wanted to interrupt your powerless bitching to remind you that in many swing states (such as Florida) Johnson's share of the vote was larger than the gap between Trump and Clinton. So I guess the moral of the story for Dems is try to appeal to more libertarians like me in the future. I mean, where has your super reliable big government coalition gotten you? And more importantly, those types are a captive audience for you. They'll never vote red no matter what.

Anyway that's what I had on my mind. Toodles!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Somfin posted:

Thanks guys!

Now for the part where y'all try to explain that your votes didn't matter and you can't be blamed for this.

Sure, here's my explanation:

I didn't like Hillary so I didn't vote for her. I didn't like Trump so I didn't vote for him. Ain't nobody entitled to my vote. Don't want more Trumps in the future? Get that 3% of the libertarian vote for yourself in an election that hinges on a 2% difference in major swing states. Crying about it won't help you. yw

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Chard posted:

Thanks for helping gently caress over millions of people, you self-congratulating toad.

No problem bae. When you guys get tired of losing feel free to incorporate some of my views into your party platform and then we can talk. Leverage is a great thing. :)

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Your views are repugnant and I'd rather lose than ally myself with you.

*checks election results*

Wish granted!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Both of them supported it, you imbecile.

Johnson and Stein don't! Oh but that opinion is despicable and you'd rather lose than ally yourself with that. :v:

Main Paineframe posted:

I'm sure Trump and eight years of Republican domination will do a lot for your views. No doubt the Dems will be in a really good place to implement your leftist views after the Trump Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade, kills the Voting Rights Act the rest of the way dead, lifts campaign finance restrictions altogether, and affirms that deporting entire minority groups en masse is in fact constitutional.

<--- from the look of things, though, the Bernie voters don't seem to be all that concerned with their economic status. surprised you could afford to buy all those titles when your college tuition is gonna double over the next four years

One flaw in your argument: I'm not a leftist by any measure. Not that Trump will be good for libertarianism either.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

What position do you think the DNC could even adopt from the liberatians a group that has almost no concrete policies beyond "free market wooooo"

Drugs, not droning people, low taxes, abolishing the no-fly list instead of trying to use it for more unconstitutional poo poo, being (more) anti-death penalty. For starters.

Who What Now posted:

Libertarians is packed to the brim with white supremacists as well and Stein is the political equivalent of the kid who eats paste.

Whereas the Dems are packed to the brim with people who seriously thought they were going to win the election.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Dems still did better than Libertarians ever will, so I'm at least comforted by the fact you are and always will be politically impotent.

Ah yes, a Trump SCOTUS. Completely unfriendly to libertarian business policies.

I'll also survive the next 4-8 years better than tons of Dem voters so I hope the unwillingness to compromise that you criticize me for is worth that to you.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Who What Now posted:

You say that as if it's not something you want to happen anyway.

lol ok, I promise to compromise my values in the future if strangers on the internet promise to stop being so salty and lashing out blindly

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

The woman did everything right. She ran the campaign literally as well as it could possibly go. I cannot find a single flaw in the way she ran it besides
1. She's a woman
2. she's not Bernie

So yeah, this one is on us. I can't even loving vote and I feel responsible. Accept it and don't be a weasel.

YOU FUCKERS IT WAS HER TURN!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

Does "Bash the fash" mean I have to take a baseball bat to my elderly grandparents who voted Trump? I think they're pretty nice people, but at the same time I don't want to be held culpable for the rise of the American fascist state, so I guess I have no choice. I guess it's time for gram-gram's head to be turned into pumpkin pulp. I won't fail you again, Hillary....I swear it!

Next week on the Walking Dead...

• Locked thread