Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Jerry is by far the best new character in quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

DarklyDreaming posted:

Also Ezekiel's charisma might mean a shitload of defections if the war goes on long enough. Sure a random Kingdom-dweller might have less material wealth than a random Savior, but at least you can be sure King Ezekiel won't kidnap your loved ones or randomly decide to kill you and make an example out of you.

Ezekiel is pretty cool and felt a bit different than what TWD usually does, I liked him more than super-exposed Negan.

They reaaally really should've used Ogg for this episode but even had they used Ogg, it still would've just felt like filler.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It's always kinda weird how these post-apocalyptic/zombie shows try to go for a 'life is cheap, world is hyper-violent' thing when they also try to show that 'life is rare'. Seems bizarre to me.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Comic book dialogue is not actually very good live because the written word is actually very different from the spoken word in how it has to work. Comic book dialogue tends to be really wordy and monologue-y compared to good movie dialogue.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Ezekiel screaming 'testudo' would actually be in character for him, because ezekiel has been established as a pretty outlandish dude. It works for him.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Cactus posted:

I'd no-joke love to read a book or study or even just a long-form well-researched article about why and how otherwise decent shows such as those in your example "go bad" and to what extent anyone involved with the production is aware of it.

Like, are they genuinely as delusional as they appear to be in those making-of documentaries we get, you know the ones where all the actors and producers gush about how lucky they are to be involved with something so amazing, and about how being on set is like being part of some wonderful family? Or is ALL of that just another act, no different to playing their roles in the main show, and behind the scenes they're all like "this is a shitshow lol"?

I can't really think of a show that doesn't get worse over the later seasons.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

unlawfulsoup posted:

I think it says a lot that the shows presentation makes the line FAR murkier than it should be.

That's kind of a hot take because whenever you see saviors encounter anyone else they're either extorting them or killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think at some point "The Gang gets threatened and Waylaid by another group of people with more people and ruthless intentions" runs its course and i think it largely had even before the Saviors stuff.