Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Senor Tron posted:

Yes this please.

It was an hour-long commercial for the spinoffs. You want closure? Maybe you'll get it in one of the other series! (Probably not though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

hawowanlawow posted:

shoutouts to the characters whose names we could never remember or were completely replaced by nicknames

RIP

Simon "Steven Ogg"

This one made me laugh. I just called him Trevor

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
The finale writers really overestimated how much the viewers care about Luke and Rosita

Actually I think the writers overestimated how much the viewers cared about most of this overstuffed cast

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
drat World Beyond was so bad, those kids had incredible, unbreakable plot armor to the point where you knew they were never in real danger. Which made the stakes so low that it was just boring.

Also the main antagonist just up and disappears during season 2 and is replace with Jadis for some weird reason.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
And don't forget that they aren't allowed to kill off any of the cast in the final season so AMC has the option to bring them back in future series

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

remigious posted:

I finally finished this drat show. Overall I am satisfied with the ending. Carol and Daryl’s friendship was my favorite thing about this show and I cried when they parted. All of you guys saying they should have banged completely missed the point of their relationship. And I can’t believe people in this thread were clamoring for Carl to be immune to the virus, that would have been the dumbest poo poo plot twist ever. I’m not sure at all wtf is going on with Rick, but it was awesome seeing Michonne being a badass again

The Rick thing was bait to try to get you to watch World Beyond. Don’t fall for it

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I enjoyed that episode just because it was different. I don't think any of those episodes rose above "just okay" but I appreciated how that one tried to do something fun with the concept.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Way too much wheel spinning and no payoff. Hell, World Beyond had two seasons and did basically nothing for its entire run

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I watched the first episode last night because Joe Bob Briggs did a special for it and it was just kind of boring. The zombies still aren't a threat and I'm sick of big bad guys with impenetrable plot armor.

Everyone using flintlock pistols was kind of fun though.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Is anyone watching The Ones Who Live? Seems like the Rick spinoff finally arrived and no one cares because of all the disappointment between when he left and now

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Elias_Maluco posted:

The Rick spin off has a very high rating on imdb

Is it possible that its actually good?

It might be that the only people who are watching and rating the new series are the people that enjoyed the other spin-offs.

So only the die-hards are left and all the casual fans couldn’t make it through Maggie and Negan’s New York Adventures

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Elias_Maluco posted:

All the other ones have lower ratings, though

I know it dont mean much, but Fear has 6.8, Dead City got 7.3, the original show 8.1. The Ones Who Live got 8.9, unusually high

That’s what I mean, with each new spinoff you have fewer casual viewers and the only people left are the super fans. So it makes sense that each spinoff has a higher rating than the one before it, like The Daryl Dixon Show has a 7.6 rating which fits in between Dead City and The Ones Who Live.

In a few years Eugene Porter’s Wasteland Wizard will be rated a perfect 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Once Rick left and they announced there would be a spin-off, I think that killed any tension in the walking dead. AMC saw how interested people were for the announced movies and seemed to decide to not kill off any characters from that point in case they wanted to use them for future shows.

So there was this weird disconnect between the show telling us how dangerous the world is but then no one actually dying, so the stakes for all the shows just evaporated. Those idiot kids in World Beyond should not have survived.

But hey at least if AMC wants Princess to make an appearance on Dead City season 2 they have that option now