Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
They said the reason they didn't show the character dying in the finale was because they wanted to lead with it with the premiere so that the entire season (or half season) would be about the emotional reaction to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Acacia REI posted:

So aside from canning the old FTWD showrunner, they apparently got rid of all the writers from last season too. You know, the ones that they just brought in last season who made it a watchable and compelling show.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Who's replacing those writers? Staff from the original show?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Astroman posted:

Negan is now a massive problem for the writers.

I stopped watching this show shortly after Negan killed Glenn and Abraham, so I've missed 4 or 5 years of episodes, but I'm seeing the ads and with Maggie back in the show and I would think that she would be trying to kill Negan every chance she gets. What is the short version of the history of events that has both these characters currently co-existing in the show?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I only watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Fear the Walking Dead, but I thought it was pretty good and the writers didn't seem to be doing a lot of the nonsensical stretches that the main show was notorious for. I just didn't keep up with it because I was busy with other things, and then I heard from this thread about how it went ridiculous and just never returned to it.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
The editing in that clip makes it seem like the grenade explosion occurs over like 10 seconds, like it's just churning more and more earth out of the ground as it cuts from Maggie to Daryl and back.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I only watched the first few episodes of Fear the Walking Dead but at the time it was clearly better than what the original was turning into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
At the time though the difference in quality made me think they realized the original had gotten out of hand, so Fear might have functioned as a reset and an attempt to run a show with a serious level of writing from the start.