Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

A game simply called "Air Traffic" was released today, seems fitting for this thread:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1861880/Air_Traffic/

It's only €1.59 and is described like this by the developer:

I'm having flashbacks to playing atc(6) on a greenscreen and sending countless airliners to their deaths, I was so bad at it.

Mokotow posted:

It’s extra fun to listen to local frequencies and I recommend it wholeheartedly! All you need is a hand scanner that works between 118 and 137 Mhz and have a clear line if sight to your local airport’s tower or the airports antenna (otherwise you’d need your won antenna and that’s a whole other ballgame). It’s a blast on days with lovely weather.

Highly recommend this, I live near YKF and sometimes I just turn on the ATC feed to listen to while I work rather than music. It's a medium-sized airport that gets a nice mix of general aviation and commercial traffic, including small international jets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Mokotow posted:

Starship Simulator is the pearl and the game I am waiting for. From the people behind Messy Desk Interactive, responsible for the TNG Enterprise model shut down by Paramount, and the Orville Experience, comes a game where you get to fly your own Start Trek-style ship across a real galaxy. Explore strange new worlds, seek out... well not much yet, this is the Alpha, so all you get is a sample ship you can walk around and the galaxy to throw it around in. Sit in the captains chair and engage red alert. Go to the nav console and choose a system to fly to. Take to the helm and transfer the target data from the navigation console and engage FTL or fly manually. My understanding is you will get to engage with all, and I mean ALL, ship systems in the final product, because you will actually be building the ships and connecting all the systems together into your very own USS Frankenmonster. This will also come with crew (and multiplayer support for flying with friends, which is already in) and a lived in universe to explore. If they keep this open for the community to fill with content, I think this will be one of the bigger community success stories in many years.

Noctis V let's goooooooo

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I had pretty much the same experience with Simutrans. It's appealing, because it has a bunch of really cool features that are either absent from openTTD or supported only with really gross hacks, like subways, trams, and elevated LRT/monorails, and some of the paksets are prettier than anything you can find in openttd's newgrfs, but I found the UI so awkward that I put it down after a few hours and have never gone back to it. Also, the documentation is absolute garbage compared to openTTD, and the lack of an in-game pakset manager is unfortunate.

I'll probably try it again sometime.