Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Sperg Victorious posted:

I don't think a different set of actors can save it. The play is just bad, and I can't relate to it either. It really feels like it has a very narrow target audience. Plus I don't think I could stand another chorus of "Bobby Bobby Bobby Bobby baby."

To be fair, I haven't seen a sondheim play I've liked.

Might be worth noticing that you've been couching a lot of opinions in factual statements like "the play is bad", and instead it's worth exploring in more depth what you like/don't like about the musical (it's not a play, btw) and see if it's actually not your cup of tea or if it's perhaps dealing with uncomfortable artistic styles (atonality/percussive lyricism/whatever) or subject matter (infidelity/mid-life unhappiness/closeted homosexuality/disillusionment). Might have made for an interesting post-show discussion over drinks which might have led to a real connection and then maybe even some sex? I'm just spitballing ideas here.

But also yes leaving during intermission is fine, just not in the middle of a performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread