Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

I already have a sentinel's grimoire so that wasn't a concern. I havent had a single BSB or Excalibur until now so that relieves the pain of not getting plat sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Edit: ^ could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure you get to pick a relic every time you drop an 11x. There may be a limit on how many pulls you can drop. Five, I think?

Is the boost to wind damage from Oath's Veil enough to make it worth a pull on Keeper's Choice 2? I have Platinum Sword and Stardust Rod already, and while I'd like SG or Masamune I don't need them enough to drop a pull.

I think he's asking could he, for example, choose multiple oath's veils, one each time, or do they have to be different?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Dollar pull gers me rikkus glove. Game seems oddly dedicated to making me use her.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Will we ever get more of those tokens to unlock 6* abilities? Certain characters I didn't use before, and therefore didn't use my tokens on them, are now on my A team because I got relics for them, so I regret some of those choices I made and wonder if well ever see more?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yeah tyro is super useful especially when you don't have a ton of characters because he can use some weird combinations of moves more specialized characters cant.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

LornMarkus posted:

For this fight the Primary advantage to it is that Dances are not Magic and thus aren't subject to reflect.

I think dances are still magic but aoe spells aren't subject to reflect.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Wow Gilgamesh BSB trivializes the U++.

I completely forgot inflicting slow was a mastery condition but still got full marks. Thanks greg!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

NGDBSS posted:

If I've managed to collect all extant characters thus far, do I need to care about keeping any more Souls of a Hero? Similarly, do I need to care about keeping any generic MCs when I collect all of the personalized ones?

No and No. Any new characters will be introduced in an event along with their MC1 and 2s.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

That banner is cute as gently caress.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Bring tempo flurry for slow. It's a 3 star ability and does respectable damage on its own.

Other than that yeah probably just need more hones.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

kalensc posted:

Jeez you probably have more BSBs than I do SSBs. :v:

Is there a consensus on best RM4 after Luneth's, Or has everyone else just focused on unlocking their best characters?

Celes is quite popular with a good spellblade other than that whatever characters you use yeah

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

loving kaiser dragon. First time I slaughtered him but the water weakness never came up, second time I got both but he got spam happy with flares star and I lost enough stars I didn't master it. gently caress it kaiser, you "won".

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Next mote dungeon comes with the onion knight I believe.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I'm ready to go all in OK if I have to. My ff3 synergy is non existent so way I see it I win even if I lose.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I understand wanting to control 6* abilities but goddamn they're just not worth how long it takes to forge one let alone hone it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

I've been waiting for OK banner 1 for so long...but it makes more sense to wait until the BSB banner drops before I pull on that. Gahhhh

2 more days won't harm. Make a 100 gem pull to tide you over :shobon:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Varance posted:

I still find it odd that Luneth and Refia have been freakin' everywhere lately.

Squares been pushing pretty hard to make you love them. The Cloud of Darkness has been getting this treatment too since she was given an actual character for dissidia. It'd be like necron suddenly getting tons of exposure.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

To be fair, the boss fight with CoD is one of my favorite fights in FFXIV. Especially that music...:swoon: It's a very hectic, rude fight with an absurd party size of 24 that involves a lot of frantic looking around and dodging beams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVd6AvzGJP0

Oh it's not necessarily bad, I loved the crystal tower dungeons as a love letter to FF3. 3 NES is a good game in all its hosed up-ness, it wasn't afraid to try a lot of new ideas even if they didn't all necessarily work, but it still hit the mark more often than 2.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Smash Mog eat the eggs

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

2 50x pulls, got Luneth's SSB and the White Mage Robe. Not...thrilled but at the same time I have no ff3 relics so it's still a net gain.

Have another 50 but gonna save it for the black friday pull so i can go in when its out.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Knowing we're getting the bonus mythril tomorrow tried for one more 50x pull, Got another white mage robe, an elder staff and the onion knight sword. I think I can safely call it there. Shame about the gloves but now my FF3 synergy is actually half decent.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Thought it'd be half price, whoops! If my math is right though i should get 50 the morning before it closes though.

Never assume I guess.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

superloosegoose posted:

I was hoping for last years 3 lucky draws and 50 mithril

It was 75. That was so fun. Still have an 8* spellblade because of it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

What are good sources of wind imperil? I got Luneth's BSB and Freya's SSB for en-wind, and then Bartz' 4-element BSB that is boosted with a bunch of +spellblade.

Faris's SSB is coming up in the next ff5 event I believe.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Pulled on the black friday banner, got Vanille's SSB. Not the most exciting but I have 2 attack SSBs so a white mage one is welcome.

Christ though I have every one of Vanille's SBs. I didn't intend that at all but the game just keeps giving me them.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

bizarre deformity posted:

Got Ingus's BSB (to go with his SSB) and Desch's sword (lol) on banner 2, dunno if it's worth doing a second pull. What's the next banner to save up for?

FFXIV banner 1 in about a month. Deployment tactics, ley lines, oh my.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Cosmic Afro posted:

What IS a good way to beat the Curada boss, anyway? It's stupidly high RES, counters melees and just go nuts. I've heard things about using ninja abilities and summons, but nothing too useful.

Put on Fire Resist accessories (the counter attack is fire element) and just go whole hog with Summons, Tyro using ninja magic and a BSB RW. It's simply not worth doing legit.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I decided screw it and pulled.

Not bad actually! My FF7 synergy has been kinda crap. If this was a full priced pull I would have been disappointed but at only half price I feel like I got something.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 29, 2016

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Munoma posted:

Got lucky and cleared Remiem Temple, had to drop Yuna for Rosa.

Yuna is so mediocre though I don't have a relic for her..... :eng99:

*edit*

What's the word on the new Final Fantasy XV sword?

Good, bad, great for scrap?

It'll probably be worth saving for when we inevitably get an FFXV event since it has synergy for XV.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Presumably they're giving it a few weeks for people to make headway into the game so they don't spoil things.

The machine blade sword we got has XV synergy so it has to come into play somewhere.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 30, 2016

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

So question about Luneth's BSB, the second command raises attack but lowers resistance. Does that mean it stacks with shout? I know the general rule says yes but there's always caveats.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Attestant posted:

They stack!

Noice, wanted to make sure I wasn't overwriting it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Not really but he's vulnerable to blind and poison. Use those and he becomes a lot less of a threat.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Attestant posted:

Oh yeah, that's a fine relic, even if simple.

Basically you get a couple of extra uses of Full Break, only with SSB- tier damage on top. I'd just bring her as your primary support for most stuff, until you get something shinier.

As an added bonus, she can carry additional DPS skills with Celerity and Sharpshooter, if you have someone else who can lug around Breakdown skills instead.

I think it's useful to treat FFRK with a roguelike mentality. You wanna look at it like "OK I have these relics, what can I make of it?"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

That's insane and cool. Some of the tricks they had to pull back then to get around storage and hardware limitations were pretty intense.

FF6 was also a hack job of incredible proportions and it's a wonder that the game mostly worked at all.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It still irks me that last stone doesn't do extra damage.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I'm actually cheering irl right now.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

kalensc posted:

Did I miss some Kyoon-level crazy or just dumb hate-speech sort of ranting?

Purestrain crazy, it wasn't deleted here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3015878&pagenumber=1767&perpage=40#post467532549

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Does anyone have the song for the gilgamesh fight? I know it's a remix of battle on the big bridge but I don't think it's the usual chorus one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Got a tiara on a dollar pull. I'll take it.

• Locked thread