Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
How are Tempest Snipe and Guardbringer? I just remembered that we got them during this event, but I don't remember hearing anything about their usefulness at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I was able to do the lower level MP battle today, but I got booted out of 3 apocalypse runs in a row immediately as the battle started.

This was on BlueStacks, so I can't tell if this is on me, or if I got really unlucky with 3 different party leaders who crashed.

It's not a huge deal, since I have more 4* Bravery Motes than any of the others. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
The Ultimate++ battle this week for FFXII kicked my rear end last night. I've usually been pretty good about mastering the U++ battles fairly regularly, but I wasn't able to even complete this one until I egged Rikku up to 99 so that she could survive long enough to use her BSB to take these guys out.

I did manage to finally complete the battle with OK limping across the finish line as the only person left alive, but man, these multi-target U++ battles are a pain.

And last week I finally completed Mote Ifrit and all of the CMs, so I've retired the Mote Dungeons completely, but I'm not even going to look at the Torment Dungeons right now.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I know that the next festival is coming up in June-ish, but do we have an approximate date?

I have 200 mythril currently, and I intend to pull on the FFVIII banner next week because one of the Selphie relics on Banner 1 would make my best healer even better, and I'm trying to determine if I have enough room to also pull on IV tomorrow and still have time to build up a decent stock for the festival.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Well, on the last page I was debating pulling on IV because I wasn't sure I'd have enough mythril when we got to the next fest, but this changes things.

Let's go!

... 1/11. Yang's BSB.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Yang BSB is stupid high damage.

1. Squall BSB 2
2. Zell BSB
3. Refia BSB
4. Master Monk BSB
5. Yang BSB

in terms of pure damage

Oh this is good to know! I figured getting Yang's BSB would be redundant since I already have Maria's Meteor BSB.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Unless I missed it, I didn't see it posted yet - Ten Mythril and Hailstorm have been added to the Greens Shop. 1k each for the mythril and 10k for Hailstorm.

Even if you already have or don't want Hailstorm, buy it anyway and shatter it. 11 Major Orbs for 10k greens is impossible to ignore.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Oooh that sweet, sweet login mythril begins today. :getin:

I skipped the White Magic lucky because I have a full 1/3rd of all of the possible items from it, but opted to pull on Black Magic.

I got Marach's Headband SSB, which I feel is questionably useful at best(?) and Terra's OSB, which is great because I already have her EnFire SSB.

How many more Lucky Draws, including the Dungeon Update, do we have remaining before Extreme Fest?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Whenever I see the name "Sky Grinder", I envision the dragoon leaping onto the enemy wielding a giant sandwich as a spear.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Yes, I am also frightened and confused. I threw all of the motes possible at Ramza because he was the only person I had finished.

Are 4* motes going to continue to only be available through multiplayer? Because I've been having serious problems staying connected to the server during MP games, on both my Android phone and on Bluestacks, so I've missed out on the 4* motes for quite a while.

Basically, I'm worried that I will be locked out of content due to poor multiplayer connectivity. I suppose I could try leading a party, but I could run into trouble if I get disconnected there and end up having to juggle all 8 characters at once.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I have so far been unable to beat U++ Barty or the JumpStart event. I have native wall and Shout, but no USBs, not very many useful OSBs, and only a handful of relevant BSBs. Reno and Shantotto's BSBs are the only lightning ones I have, and Shantotto dies so fast that it's barely worth bringing her. I'm okay with punting on the U++, but I'd really like to take down the JumpStart battle. Is Reno plus a Lightning USB RW enough to carry the day?

Maybe I'll get lucky on the new draw and pull the TG Cid OSB.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Maybe Not Always Pull On Lucky Draws

Mods?

Uncle Ulty fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 13, 2017

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Right, I use the BlueStacks emulator, though it's probably not the best one. Once you download it and run it, it acts as though it's a new android phone or tablet that you are starting for the first time. So you just log in with your existing account information and download FFRK from GPlay, and you should be able to use FFRK as you normally would on a phone.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I'm real salty about the JumpStart fight.

It seems like you need so many different things for it to be doable.

You need a few different kinds of defense buffs to keep juggling AND sources of lightning imperil AND enough sources of Last Stand to keep them up AND big damage BSBs or OSBs.

My best attempt got him down to about 30% of his health, using Edge's Last Stand BSB, Relm's BSB, Ramza's BSB and Shout, Native SG on Tyro as an off healer with Full Break, Reno's BSB, and Lightning's BSB2 for damage and imperil. I'm not sure what I could do better here.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

iamsosmrt posted:

Which is your RW? Is it Edge's Last Stand? If so, consider a heal Burst or USB (Selphie, Yuna or Eiko are really good) or maybe better yet, Ramza's USB. You may need to be zerging him more offensively. For me, stacking Ramza's BSB Wall and Protect was basically good enough to make all the attacks limp as hell in that middle phase, I didn't even have a Last Stand as Vanille's burst got me through his two big piercing attacks. Is Reno your next best Lightning user? Do you have any other options? I used Kain and Laguna.

I had Lightning's BSB2 as the RW - I was using Edge's SSB natively, alternating between that and having him use the RW Lightning BSB commands. I don't really have a ton of great options for Lightning elemental damage (and no native imperil lightning). The only lightning damage SBs I have are SSBs for TG Cid, Lightning, and Desch (none of which did enough damage to be worth using), and BSBs for Reno, Garnet, and Shantotto. I tried bringing Shantotto, but without an additional source of Faith for her, she wasn't keeping up.

Other non-lighting items that may help are OK with BSB and OSB, Gilgamesh OSB and BSB, Ramza with Shout, Chant, and BSB, Agrias with Cleansing Strike and BSB, Tyro with Wall, and Beatrix and Warrior of Light BSBs. For healers I have Arc's Phys Blink Medica and BSBs for Relm, Eiko, and Aeris.

What would be the best way to build my team given those options?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
YESSSS FUCKKKK YOUUU JUMPSTART!

After my post above listing out my options, I realized I had the makings of a pretty solid Holy team, so I went in with OK BSB and OSB, Agrias OSB (Thundaga Strike for Mastery), Ramza BSB/Shout/Chant, Tyro with Wall (FB for Mastery), and Arc Phys Blink SSB, with a Ramza USB RW.

I got an itchy trigger finger and started the burn phase slightly before he got to 70%, so I ran out of SB charges before he died, but I had enough juice left to close the deal. Mastered the fight with no one dead, and only 2 medals lost for damage.

All I really wanted to do this week was Master that JumpStart fight for the 4* motes, given that I cannot stay connected long enough to finish MP fights. I am so relieved.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I found during the last Fest that I could best establish my chances of pulling something good on the banners by calculating a Banner Score for each.

Each item gets assigned a score based on how useful it would be to you:
3 points if it's a game-changing relic that you'd really want to chase
2 points if you'd like to have it to flesh out a specialized team, but wouldn't be earth-shattering
1 point if you don't really care about the item at all (the stat boost or possibly a CM would be the best part of getting this)
-1, -2, or -3 points if you've already pulled 1, 2, or 3+ copies of this relic in the past

So every item would get a score between 3 and -3. At 12 Relics per banner, a top score would be 36 points, and the lowest score possible is -36. So unless you're chasing a specific relic (well established as Not A Good Idea), pull on the banner with the highest score. Remember to recalculate after each pull!

This plan served me very well during the last fest, and it was the most lucrative Fest I've had since I started playing.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I had the right combination of things for JS this week, so it went down trivially.

RW History's Truth, and Ramza Breaking, Shouting, and Chanting. Tyro throwing Wall, Selphie healing/Dreamstaging, and then Agrias and Terra using their OSBs. Between the 6 OSB casts, Chardy really had no chance.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Wow, keeping track of my Banner Score just saved me 50 mythril.

I was expecting to do an 11-pull on banner 2 tonight, but first I did a dollar pull and drew Vivi's Flame Staff. Happy about that, I recalculated my score for that banner and found that I dropped from 14 to 11, and upon further review, realized that there were only two things on this banner that I was even remotely interested in, so it was easy to scrap this pull.

And with this Vivi relic, I now have at least one relic for every FFIX character except for Amarant. And of those characters, everyone but Zidane and Steiner has one or more BSBs.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Grrr, the Legend Spheres are taunting me. After the Braska event, I am only 7 Bravery and Vitality spheres away from completing Ramza's Legend grid.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

:siren:The Global Exclusive Bugged KC2 Saga continues:siren:

Their 10 apology mythril to people who pulled on KC2 before the bug somehow got sent twice to some players, so they got 20.

Solution is to send 10 mythril to everyone else as compensation.

Yes, even to the exploiters of KC2.

So wait. I didn't pull on KC2 either before the bug, or during the bug. And I also get 10 bonus mythril?

Given that I had all but 1 or 2 of the items on the banner already, I'd say I and those like me got the best-case scenario.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Grrr, I'm getting the Google Account Unauthorized error again. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet. :argh:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Is it just me or are JS battles kinda trivial to master now if you have a couple of OSBs? If you have 2 or 3 characters bringing OSBs plus a handful of buffs or debuffs, the bosses just don't have the HP to withstand 6-8 consecutive massive hits. Today I brought Gilgamesh and Squall, and after a Shout plus an activation of Cloud USB RW for each of them, and Edea just melted before either of them could use all three bars. But I guess if they just increased the JS boss HP, then it wouldn't be possible WITHOUT a stack of OSBs.

Either way, I'm not complaining. I love me some free 4 and 5* motes.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Despite the discussion on how terrible these Newcomer banners could be, I can't resist the siren song of a half price draw.

Jecht's Unique Boostga SB and TWO BSBs.

Auron's Bushido... and Tiny Bee.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
A few random questions came up today while playing.

1. I don't think I'm clear on something regarding Ace Striker/Battleforged as it relates to BSBs. Do the Commands on the BSBs get the additional SB charge from those RMs? Or do they not count as abilities? Or does only CMD1 (attack) provide the additional SB charge? I could see a case for any of the three.

2. Also, now that I'm managing my hones a little bit differently, Other than Ultra Cure, are there any 5* abilities that are worth honing up past R3? I feel like 6 uses is enough in most cases, but I could be missing something.

3. Is the new ability that was released this week, Leaping Rush, any good? I'm having a hard time seeing how I might slot it into a team.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

KataraniSword posted:

I think the original poster of that rubric said that any banner with 20 or so points is a must-pull, 10-20 is a "maybe rethink it" and less than 10 is "skip this"? I might be wrong on the numbers.

I'm so pleased that people are still using my banner scoring method. :D

Those numbers work fine as a soft threshhold, (just remember that's for banners with 10 relics on it. Increase those numbers to 24 and 12 if there are 12 relics on the banner, so it comes to 2/3rds and 1/3rd of the maximum possible score.)

What I do personally is run the numbers on all of the banners first, and look at any of the lowest scoring banners that I'm not comforable pulling on, based on my available mythril, and set a flexible thresshold just above that. On one fest I had a threshhold of 12, and on another it was 16. Once you do it a few times, you'll have a feel for what numbers you feel safe pulling on.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I pulled on the Soundtrack banner that showed up today, worried that it might be a bad call.

4/11. Eiko's Fairy Flute, Kefka BSB, Celes BSB, and Lightning OSB.

I think I did good.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
FFVI Everywhere!

I pulled BSBs for Kefka and Celes on the Soundtrack Banner the other day, and then today I managed to Dollar Pull a Koga Blade ( :stare: ) and the Lucky Draw got me Terra's BSB. (to be added to both of Terra's SSBs, her OSB, and USB, which I already had. I have everything but her Unique SBs now.)

I had purposely stopped going hard for FFVI banners, since early in my FFRK career I leaned hard on them since it was my favorite game, but it seems to still want to keep throwing FFVI relics at me, and I ain't even mad.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I've done about 5-6 mythril refreshes so far, and as long as I get at least 2 chips from my next set of Knights, that will finish off the roulette.

Through careful curating of Banner Scores, so far I have managed to get a lot of real good stuff from all of these anniversary pulls - the only dupe I got so far was one (out of 7 rainbows) on the free 30-pull, so I can't complain. But I intend to throw two pulls at Banner 5, since that one scored a 25 for me, so there's a pretty good chance that my streak of non-dupes ends there. But I did well enough so far that I'm okay with it.

Also yesterday I was leveling a party that had Seifer, Rufus, and Aphmau in it all at once, and I had a hard time keeping track of which person was which. Too many blondes in white coats.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
This is awesome! I was dead set on choosing Asylum as my free relic when I first did the pull, but since I also got TG Cid's OSB during the fest, I really wanted to grab his BSB as a free relic too. Now I was able to get both!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Am I the only one playing the game of "constantly click through every one of the Rebirth Dungeon menus every day because I'm continually afraid I forgot about one"?

Also I actually got a 5* relic from a dollar draw for FFIV the other day! ... it was a Bomb Core.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I just did the Rubicante Ultimate fight from the Edge and Rosa event. Even now, with Squall's OSB, a team of 99s, and with SG, Protectga, Full Break, and Magic Breakdown, I STILL lost two medals for damage because he would just cloak up and keep spamming his AoEs and refusing to uncloak. I can't IMAGINE how anyone mastered this the first time around.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Thanks to these Rebirth events, I was just able to finally hone Ultra Cure to Rank 5.

Curaja is now completely obsolete for single-healer fights.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I just finished the JS battle with a native Maria BSB, Terra BSB, SG, and used a RW OK BSB, and barely squeaked by with mastery as I was running out of gas.

My team was Terra, Selphie, Maria, Ramza, and Tyro.

I recommend that, if you have a decent Fire Magic BSB, after using the Maria BSB, only use CMD2 once to boost her magic, then spam CMD1 on the Flame. After Tyro's buff from his new USB and the OK BSB buff, Terra's BSB tore through both of the giants like tissue paper without any trouble. It was the HP and Resistance of the Flame that made me sweat at the end.

I probably would have fared much better with a Support character with magic based SBs, or even a second healer with breaks, but Ramza has been stapled to my party for such a long time that I rarely consider ever moving him out of it. Either way, the bubbles from Chant probably saved my life more often than Dreamstage did.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
What if you were to go into a realm dungeon for each game, and build an all-mage party. Then equip your best gear and see which realm synergy items get used and which don't. Theoretically anything that got left behind can safely be eliminated. Then do the same thing for a few different physical party loadouts to cover different gear sets, and then again for a party with a couple of healers.

if you repeat this for each game, that should help you figure out which items never get equipped anymore, right?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yes but that's a lot of work.

And I just might be masochistic enough to do it :jiggled:

Agreed, but it might be the most efficient way to do it. If you do just 2 games per day, you can finish everything in about a week.

And it doesn't account for accessories, but my solution for that is I made a google doc spreadsheet that lists all of the accessories I own and what they do, so I can see everything on one page. But that was cultivated over the span of a year, so setting it up all at once could be a nightmare.

I think your real answer is to build a time machine and go back in time and keep track of all these things from day 1.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Between Bartz and Tidus OSB plus Cloud USB RW, I was able to roll over this Yojimbo JS battle so trivially, even though he silenced and killed my healer immediately after I got Protect up, before I could heal even once. Ramza's Chant bubbles enough to keep me alive long enough for those other two to deliver back to back Pent-9s while Tyro's OSB pretended to help after getting Wall off too.

It was much less of a hassle than last week's, for sure.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Well well well, look who feels really smart for keeping his R3 Flare and Meteor around all this time. :smug:

And my R5 Ultra Cure is now just my new default heal.

of course now I need to figure out what the next priority for honing abilities is going to be. Are there any new must-haves from either the patch, or the new abilities that were released over the past few months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Caution - No Diving, Shallow Relic Pool

Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Out of Magicite, Out of Mind

Final Fantasy Record Keeper: With Our Backs Against the Wall

Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Obsoleting Your Chase Relics Since 2014

Uncle Ulty fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 3, 2017

• Locked thread