Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm pretty much just resolved to never be negative about a pull again, I've got a fuckton of luck debt to pay back from drawing Vaan's BSB on the celerity lucky draw :shobon: I'll be pretty salty if I get nothing for Alphinaud in three Minfilia 1 pulls, but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm always happy when I get one, but I have 2:

Tyro's, which is defensive and gets in the way of him casting wall so I almost never use it,
Aerith's, which to be fair is pretty incredible and was a huge survivability boost for my team

It would be nice to get a DPS one at some point. Tyro's is actually really good when I manage the space to cast it, I almost wish his level 99 materia was start with 2 bars so I could make use of it :v:
I run him with ace striker + lifesiphon so I can use both :v: Keeper's Tome is really good and makes it so you don't need to cart around proshellga at all.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

The only 5/5 sages other than Tyro are Exdeath, Kuja, Fusoya and Matoya, so other than the pure-buff SBs all of them are MAG-based, yes.

If you were to open access to the ones with just Blk 4 or Summon 5, you have Vanille, Aerith and Yuna.
Selphie also gets Blk 4* (with record dive), and her BSB's attack scales with MND!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

U and U+ down, those weren't bad at all. Kraken scared me a bit with Ultimate Freeze but after I had magic blink going he went down easily.

Little scared of U++ at the moment, debating who to bring on my team.

Must haves: Vivi (kitted out in full synergy gear that boosts fire, and with an astronomical mag stat for RWing his BSB)
Vaan (BSB to break their mag/def)
Ramza (Full break, medica)
Some kind of wall (I have both)

I'm debating what to do for wall and who to bring for the fifth.

I could bring Y'shtola for Stoneskin II, and then Tyro for Keeper's Tome for additional breaks and magic blink, but that lacks a hastega (since I'm RWing Proof of Existence) so that will result in me going splat.
I could bring Garnet as a second healer with Divine Guardian, which provides a res boost and hastega, but then I lack Keeper's Tome so I have to manually bring shellga and don't have that magic blink safety net.

The best thing I can think of is bringing Garnet as a main healer, then having Tyro spam lifesiphon with Battleforged so he can use wall at the end of the twins phase, then Keeper's Tome on his first turn after they combine??

Also I'm lacking a medica other than Ramza's, which seems...ill advised, but then I'd have to bring Aeris or Relm or something, and I'm already at healer saturation.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Jesus!

I made it, just barely, with Ramza and Vaan tanking the floor. That boss hurt a ton.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I can't imagine doing that fight without Wall. You'd need a full party res boost at least (from Divine Guardian) on top of Shellga just to keep your head above water, and you'd need some really good medica action (likely Eiko BSB) to keep up with the damage.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I'm always a little :confused: when people say they have such great IV/VI synergy, but I guess that's just an earlier era :shobon: In the time I've been playing there has been one VI event and no IV events. Tons of V and IX though!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

xanthan posted:

I decided to pull on the banner with shield book and scream sword. I. I love this game sometimes.

I got both of them. The rest was 3 and 4 star junk, but I got them. Praise RNGesus or something.
Congrats on being fully self sufficient for a physical team :toot: Now you can pull entirely for damage relics or characters you like, and bring along stuff like medica BSBs as your RW.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Yeah, Tyro is a good healer for nightmare stuff because he and all his gear gets auto-synergy but I wouldn't recommend him as a main healer. I typically bring a support, two DPS, a healer, and Tyro to fill any holes when I'm doing non-U++ content anyway.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

What is going on with the programming in this game, anyway? My phone is newish and not weak specs-wise (Oneplus 3) and I'll get creamy smooth 60fps in maybe one fight a week, randomly. I know the game is capable of it, it just seems to almost never actually use my phone's power.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I know people say always pull on lucky draws but I have Aerith BSB and like 3 other medicas (Rosa SSB, Yuna SB, Penelo SB)

I should probably skip this yes
Don't always pull on the full price ones! "Always pull on lucky draws" refers to 25 myth pulls

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I have Selphie's BSB and enough healers with SBs to make a party (with Tyro), so this may be my first nightmare dungeon cleared :toot: I'll give it a shot later. It's a shame Garnet only has White 4* so she doesn't count, otherwise I'd have a hastega.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Selphie's curaja command
Note: This isn't quite right. The curaja command has an added high regen, it's the ATTACK command (Moonstone) that's a dispel. It just gets reflected, so it's only useful against protect, shell, and haste :downs:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Aggghhhhh there are not enough major dark orbs to go around.

I want to hone Dark Zone since it's kind of useless at r1 compared to my r4 Drainga...but I also want to make a copy of Multi Break for when I need it, and I broke Vaan's third level cap so he's quickly getting to the level where he can do five Thief's Revenge hits without burst mode, so I want that. But also I need to save some for honing Chain Stonega if I get one of the enearth BSBs I'm gunning for...aaaaaaaa

DeNA please let me convert some of my giant pile of major white/wind/earth orbs into dark

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Wow, it really cannot be overstated how helpful doing the nightmare bosses is for getting 5* hones. If you can finish an Ultimate fight in a current event (not to mention a U+) then you can do the majority of the introductory nightmare bosses, and those are the ones with the major orbs rather than crystals, so you can use those to get hones to work on the tougher ones.

At this point pretty much the only ones I haven't done are the ones that sound like a pain ("kill these at the same time" type fights, or things full of status effects)'

e: is there much point to making/honing a 5* summon? I've got a lot of MSOs burning a hole in my pocket that could be honing up 4* summons

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 20, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Summons only get 1 use per hone, so don't make them until you're ready to significantly hone them. r3/r4 Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh is a good starting point, and then pick your poison of Maduin or Valefor for a non-elemental option. Diversify from there.

e: Is an attacking WHM team at all viable? I have Selphie's BSB, and since I'm pulling on Guy 2 for earth stuff there's a chance I'll get Minwu's, too. I have a lot of weirdly offensive stuff for white mages.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 20, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

AweStriker posted:

Any tips for general strategy help on Kraken+ and/or Nightmare Kaiser (since I don't have Meltdown access yet)? I don't have any fancy Imperils or anything like that.
You probably already know this, but take out the left tentacle for Kraken+, which is on OUR right, HIS left.

If you have Mblink, Kraken+ is a good fight to use it on, because other than his big full party nuke he's not terribly dangerous for a U+ boss (outside of his "ya hosed up" phase where you've killed both tentacles.)

Other than that it's typical U/U+ stuff, break the hell out of his stats, wear as much IX synergy gear as possible (or water resist), and go HAM with SBs/hones.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

This game is most likely not disappearing in a puff of smoke btw. The release is specifically talking about DeNA NA's original games, they mention that they're going to shift focus to collabs (ie Record Keeper).

Support also said the game isn't going anywhere, but that doesn't mean much considering support would say that if the servers were shutting down in two weeks and they knew it. :v:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

You can brute force the fight with attacking white magic BSBs (notably Selphie and Minwu's which is coming on the next FF2 banner) and defense-ignoring stuff like ninja magic if you don't want to deal with the gimmick; just be prepared to heal a LOT in counter damage.

iirc the way to play hot potato was to, on speed 1, count five seconds from the targeting and then start casting.

e: Dang, up to 209 mythril. I'm gonna 11 pull on Guy 2, but I think I'm in a good place re: my mythril budget! :toot:

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 22, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/DeNAGameSupport/status/789287286336811008?lang=en

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I already have orichalcum dirk, plus keeper's tome and Faris's Atk/Mag breakdown, so the debuff banner is def a hard pass for me. Larsa too, it hurts to skip Ashe BSB but I can try for it in OSBfest.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

How is it that elite Jenova DEATH from realms can murder my entire party on the first turn before I can even get any mitigation or breaks off :catstare: This fight is significantly more bullshit than any U+/U++ I've tried other than Bartz

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

I found that stage hard as hell. I barely limped past it and had to come back to master it later.
I ended up getting through it, but only by getting really lucky and S/Ling enough that she would start off with two single target attacks against people who could (barely) survive them and then I could get SG and breakdowns off. What a dumb boss.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Attestant posted:

My refund fiasco continues. I contacted Google via email, and called the local offices yesterday. But both replied that they are unable to refund the $100, because messing up with the UI is 100% my fault. :(

DeNA support has offered to return to me the 9500 gems they initially removed from my account, and I might take that offer. At least I get to "whale" on some nicer banner in the near future?

This is hardly a financial disaster, but god drat am I still annoyed about this. This game better not die randomly soon. :bang:
Uh, wow, no, that's unacceptable. Were you polite and conciliatory to everyone you talked to about this?

Now is the time to get pissed off. Or lie, that works too. Call a different Google rep and say that a little kid got to your phone and bought gems on it or something. "WHOOPS, GUESS YOU HAVE TO GIVE US YOUR $100" is the answer they really want to give you, and also not one you have to deal with.

All else fails, do a chargeback.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Onion Knight is in only about a month, so plan your spending accordingly! I'm pulling on tomorrow's FF2 banner, but I've got ~225 mythril in the bank.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Golbez has the lowest mag of the darkness casters, but he's also by far the tankiest, so he does just fine in any party.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

100-gem...off-banner Pinwheel (VIII). You know what, I'm really happy with this! I didn't have a 5* mage thrown yet, and they're really important for ninja magic cheese purposes with Yuffie, plus my VIII synergy is dismal.

Will my 50-mythril disappoint me?

APPARENTLY NOT :toot: :toot:

I was totally hoping for that bow, and idc that the other two are generics, because they're still good synergy.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

The Mattybee posted:

So, with a Rune-Graven Bow, using 4* Record Spheres on Maria: Probably a good idea, huh?
At the very least, if you're saving 4* spheres (for OK or alphinaud or something) you can dip into the first level of her magus sphere for an additional 3% BLK damage.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Maria's BSB is terrifying :catstare: She doesn't even need a faithga, she has her own. With Selphie's mnd/mag buff on top of her mag bargain her damage is nutso.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I didn't actually have any real native magic attacker BSBs before (just Selphie, who only half counts), so Maria has really increased my chances in the black mage nightmares. :woop: Now to see if I can draw Rydia BSB on Kain 1 and get some really nasty earth attacking going. Maria is already an excellent Meltdown carrier though, with how rarely earth is resisted!

e: Oh god, Kaiser Dragon is the absolute worst holy poo poo

And I can't even bring in a medica because I have to RW sheepsong :gonk: At least I have SG, I'd be completely loving dead if I didn't

I guess I just need to level up my guys, because that was...that was a shitshow. I was bringing along Vivi, Vincent, and Maria as attackers, Tyro as a support/SG holder, and Exdeath as a healer. Also I guess I need infinite -ja hones so they can actually last through the drat fight. Would it be worth bringing a non-nightmare synergy healer like Relm or Lenna instead of Exdeath to give access to a medica?

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 24, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Would it be better to RW shout/sheepsong as normal for the U++, or bring along Garnet with Divine Guardian for Hastega, Selphie with Strange Vision for Faithga, and then spam a RW Dagger of Resolve and Maria's second BSB command? I have very little natural AoE capability, about all I have is the aforementioned off-command of Maria's BSB and some assorted SBs/SSBs. All of my BSBs are extremely single target oriented.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Dear lord, I've worked out a formula that juuuuust barely lets me squeak through Kaiser Dragon, but resetting it until I happen to get both lightning and water in the three weaknesses before I push to phase 3 is a chore and a half

What a badly-designed fight

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

H O L Y S H I T I NEVER HAVE TO DO THAT FIGHT AGAIN AND THAT IS A WONDERFUL THING

I did the first 2/3rds of this boss, like...15 times. If I'd not gotten champion because of turns taken or something I would have actually screamed and possibly quit the game. Jesus christ, what a boss. The only reason I survived was because Vivi had a shared medica and Tyro was madly spamming magic blink in the final phase so we wouldn't all get gibbed while Maria used her BSB actions.

...Her BSB action is INSANE when it gets up to 5 hits.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

The common thread between my victories seems to be "Selphie's BSB is secretly amazing." She completely embarrassed Nightmare Evrae, I took out Lamia Queen with the power of neverending dispels, and then my party for Black Knights was, uh...WHT meta. :dawkins101: Y'shtola/Relm/Tyro/Selphie with guest star Maria because she can Faith herself. Y'shtola did her usual Wall shenanigans and then just used Protectga and spammed Curaja, Tyro used Multi Break and the ATK down dance, Selphie used her BSB entry to weaken the waves and the attack command to hit the one stronger knight (plus the +MND buff!) and Relm used...Minwu BSB RW as my hastega and primary offense, and Alexander when it was down. Maria just spammed Ruinga/Chain Stonega until her BSB was up and then killed poo poo.

It worked really well. White mages are secretly terrifying on holy weak fights.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Reraise Nightmare beaten, but not mastered, because it's a loving dumb fight. Sorry that I don't have infinite loving casts of Esuna since it can apparently poison itself at will in the last fight. Oh you just cured poison from it and now your Esuna caster is at 0 ATB? TIME TO REPOISON MYSELF. Yeah, I guess you're supposed to bring two Esuna casters but gently caress that, I barely had enough hones to beat the thing as it was.

Yeah I didn't think of that either. Nothing else seems to be that great as far as holy bursts on top of that. Cecil's is hampered by the fact that everyone's going to be in the back row, plus the lenses seem to have pretty high defense, and Hope's BSB does pathetic damage. The first burst command is really good but using it on Evrae Altana results in a counter Tail Screw so that's unpleasant. Probably the best RW to bring would be MG VIII or Sheepsong (even though it won't increase Diaga's damage). Basically just something to put haste on the party.
I just did it literally today and didn't have too bad a time in the last phase. I just clowned on the guado guardian like ~4 times until it stopped respawning (not hard since it has almost no HP and is hurt by cure spells) and then went back to killing evrae. Had to esuna a total of twice.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

The Mattybee posted:

Stacking a whole loving lot of MAG? Devotion + Sheepsong + command 2 + burst mode.
Plus the synergy MAG accessory from earlier in the event, earth+ from the gaia gear on Keeper's Choice 2, and the actual BSB weapon giving tons of mag with synergy.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Drew Fran's Killer Bow and Gordon's Flame Shield. Meh, it's synergy, and my XII is severely lacking and I don't plan to pull on Larsa, so works for me for what's essentially a free pull (with the 25 free halloween mythril).

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Actually, looking back on my pull, that lets me field Fran and Gordon, which means I now have a full team of 5 for the nightmare! Silver linings.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Finished the mote dungeon! No CM, I barely managed it without.

RWed Maria's BSB in addition to my own Maria with BSB, so it was all meteors all the time while Y'shtola healed/walled/protected and Tyro used Multi Break and then spammed Lullaby to hopefully sleep the ogres. Nasty fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I wish New DeNA would wise up on Old DeNA's decisions and merge blitzballs into thrown and gun-arms into guns. :sigh:

• Locked thread