Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Just had Blood of Espers proc on a cast of Meltdown. It was a good feeling. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Varance posted:

Soul Breaks from Japan:

Kefka's WTF, YOU MONSTER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmZ9elRv7Qw
Cyan gets something useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzr2PGD_qN8
Celes did not, in fact, need Locke's help escaping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkX9zxxxsx8

Was there a reason they showed Celes using Magic Lure in her video?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Does the ability to trade multiple Souls/Lodes for growth eggs ever get added? I have so many that I will never be using most likely but it's a pain to trade them in one at a time.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

McDragon posted:

100 gems got me Ninurta. Took it for a spin on the piggies and holy poo poo I love this thing.

And now I can pull off a quintuple burst with a RW. If I wanted to. I kinda do.

E: also is it only me just doing these fights with my A team and crushing everything? There a reason to use the synergy characters?

No reason to use synergy unless you have to or want to challenge yourself or something. I've been blowing them up with my A team as well.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I feel like a jackass. I joined a group with my Ramza and Faris, saw they already had a shout Ramza so I tried to switch to my SG Tyrone. The screen still showed Ramza so I said gently caress it since it was only the 90 difficulty fight. Fight loads and I have a naked Tyro. Whoops.

Then my game crashed.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I think my favorite part of the multiplayer experience so far has been seeing all the weird(to me) combinations of skill hones that some people have. Grouped with someone that had ten casts of meteor last night. I also got to see Neo Bahamut used for the first time.

Also one of my difficulty 90 runs had me grouped with a level 40 Ranger and level 20 Tellah :3:. A shame the leader DCed so I didn't get to see him fight.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

100 mythril got me:
Gugnir
Elder staff x 2
Lust dagger
White mage robe
An off banner ff8 bracers
Annnnnd Onion Knight's bracers.

Pretty loving happy.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

private message posted:

Got excited when I saw 4 rainbow orbs but it was 3x Onion Sword and 1x White Mage Robe - no gauntlet :(

Is it better to combine the swords or have to multiple copies?

Probably keep them separate unless you already have a bunch of FF3 weapons.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I ended up with BSBs for Squall and Tyro. I already use Tyro in my party but he carries SG for me. At least it'll be more stats for me.

Now that I have OKs BSB what would be a good RW to carry? I've been taking Shout up until this point but there must be a better boostga to stack since doubling up on haste would be pointless.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Where the hell do they come from? I only have 5 from cms

They're rare drops from the dragons in the the FF3 exp stages. The higher the level of the stage the more likely it is to drop.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I assume that if I have done all the raids solo I cannot also do them in MP for more rewards, correct?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Krad posted:

Is Jecht the only final boss that's shown up so far on the JP side? Seems like they can stretch it out forever at this rate. Heck, technically Jecht isn't even X's final boss!

Don't forget all the Dark Aeons and Monster Coliseum bosses!

I foolishly did a power of 3 pull on this FF8 banner because while my FF8 synergy is good I have nothing but Squall SBs pretty much. I ended up getting 3 5*s.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Alxprit posted:

Am I reading this right? The next JP event is going to introduce Ceodore?

Huh?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

For those realms my only SSBs are:

VI: Chocobo Brush++
IX: Fairy Flute and Orichalcum
XIII: Peacemaker

I'm gonna pull but I know in my heart of hearts that I am going to get another Chocobo Brush.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

djfooboo posted:

3/11 - not complaining

VI: Edgar's Chainsaw (high slow proc)
IX: Steiner's Tin Armor (imperil fire)
XIII: Serah's Starseeker (imperil poison)

Does Chainsaw slow? The description just says it lowers poison resistance.

Related: I picked up Chainsaw and Stardust Rod(XIV). Not super thrilled but it's better than nothing.
Edit: OK I'm a little happier now that I've seen Luneth swing a chainsaw around while attacking :black101:

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 6, 2016

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Twice now I've been in MP groups that get the boss down low just to get locked down by chain paralyze. It's really frustrating to watch 8 people get taken down 400 hp at a time.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Actually, just replace every stamp with "Fungaaaaah!" instead.

Even "Mist Oppurtunity?" You loving monster.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I took this opportunity to master the two Nightmare dungeons I hadn't mastered yet.

Kaiser Dragon can kiss my rear end. Who the gently caress thought requiring hitting of the elemental weaknesses was a good idea?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I can't tell if it's just me and my download got corrupted somehow, but after every stage in this event, instead of playing the victory theme, it plays the title theme/home menu music. Everything else plays just fine though.

It's not just you. It's happening to me as well. Weird.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

It looks like there is maintenance scheduled for the 20th. Do we know what all that entails?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

The Christmas minigame score is already at 100 million out of 150 million. Jesus.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Wow yeah, OK is really bad. I'll definitely hold off on getting him until that's feasible because I don't think he'd be doing much of anything to help me in the meantime.

He's definitely worth working on/dumping eggs into. He's terribad up until 93 but once he hits 93 his stats go up to stupidly high numbers. And his BSB is absurdly good.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I just had an Apocalypse Gilgamesh battle kill Gilgamesh and get Enkidu down to 25%.... just to have a member disconnect and force the battle to end. Ugh.

flowinprose posted:

The problem any new player is going to have is getting onion motes to fill out his ability set. You can't get any from cid missions for leveling up OK any more, and as far as I know the only way to farm the motes currently is by repeatedly killing Mote Dungeon Ahriman which is no small feat for someone without much FF3 synergy. The motes will come back to be farmed in the enigma dungeons that reappear in the next FF3 event, I think, but that will be some time off.

Unless you are already clearing or near to clearing entire events, I'm not sure it would be worth it to invest in onion knight at this moment even if you have his gauntlets.

I totally forgot about Onion Motes. You're right.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Finally got the Apocalypse fight down. Thank god. Doing it a bunch has made me love Curaise. I have it at all before today but now I have a fully honed copy for multiplayer.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything by skipping the two FFV gil dungeons, right? Just some gil?

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

RK has been running like hot garbage for the last half hour for some reason

:same:

I assumed it was just me since no one else had commented.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

acumen posted:

2000 chips spent, nothing interesting yet. Gonna be real sore if I don't get that 10 mythril.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've been led to believe if you keep farming the orb fest dungeon (and why wouldn't you) you should get enough chips to win everything.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

No apology mythril today for the server problems last night. :argh: Monsters.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Here's a link to the homepage music if anyone thinks it is as nice as I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bKBe033lZU

Merry Christmas!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

bilperkins2 posted:

Why is the gift 28 mythril? Not complaining, just seems like a weird number for them to choose.

10 + 18 bonus from the gift rush minigame I believe.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Ended up with my first OSB. And I just pulled Locke's imperil fire BSB from the celerity banner. Looks like I have the start of a fire team.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Attestant posted:

Dragoons often escalate suddenly in FF games.

They tend to plummet after a brief peak.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

That 250 Torment dungeon was rough but I managed to pull it off with a new team setup I was trying out.

Agrias - Blizzaga Strike, Life Siphon. Divine Ruination.
P Cecil - Gaia Cross, Life Siphon. Paladin Force
Tyro - Multi Break, Life Siphon. SG and Keeper's Tome
OK - Chain Firaga. Curaja. Vessel of Fate
Aerith - Curaja. Shellga. White Materia
RW: Aetherial Pulse

I loaded up everyone with SB builder record materia and mako might on OK. Swiftspell was MVP for alot of the trash waves. Cecil sat int he backrow with a bow and used Gaia's Cross to soak up all the single target physicals. The one downfall of this team is that it turns out the stupid fairy pigs are healed by holy.

If I had to do it again I'd give Aerith something other than Shellga or replace my RW with something else that gave regen. The Proshellga with heavy regen was really nice for the trash packs though. I think I had to heal once.

Also White Materia did way less damage than I expected even with the imperil holy from Divine Ruination.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Used the same double holy bsb team I used on the torment dungeons to take out Ultima Weapon. Poor guy didn't know what hit him.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

How good is Warrior of Light's BSB? I picked it up on my dollar pull last night which amused me quite a bit since I had just used a P Cecil/Agrias BSB combo to beat Ultima Weapon and the Torment Dungeons. Now I can have 3 holy knights mete out holy justice.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

My current party doesn't have enough healing even with a RW healing BSB, so I was thinking of leveling up one of my two white mage options.

Aethereal Pulse or Miracle Prayer.

Is the primary draw of AP not having to bring protect or shell, freeing up two ability slots?

Freeing up two slots is really handy, it also lets you get them both up in one action. Major Regen is also really nice for taking the edge off of damage.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Adel posted:

Dear people in MP, no you cannot run two mages, especially not Vivi in the front row you dumb idiot. You don't have to blow your elemental BSB/OSB the moment you get a charge, we would all appreciate it if you waited until the mob's weakness phase.

Dear DENA, please add "Wall please!" "I'll cast Wall" stickers, it will save many tears and wasted soul breaks.

In the same vein: I brought OK with his burst. Wait until you have the buff before you blow your OSB on turn one.

Also the number of parties I joined tonight with every healer packing protectga was amazing. Doesn't anyone check what abilities everyone else is bringing? (I know the answer is no.)

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

Cosmic Afro posted:

I do need some advice, mind. I am thinking of pulling a fifth time on FF14. I got Alphinaud's BSB, all of Y'shtola's except her BSB and Papalymo's SSB. I KINDA want Y'shtola's BSB. I've got about 120 Mithril or something, and I'm thinking of saving for one pull on that shot for Raines' BSB and one or two for TG Cid.

If you've got everything except two items I wouldn't do it. Chasing a single item on a banner full of dupes is a recipe for tears.

Just how good is the Orlandu banner coming up? My FFt synergy is pretty solid overall but if it's really ridiculous I may pull. I also want to pull on the summoner nightmare later this month because my caster attack SBs are lacking but my 9, 10 and 13 synergy also kind of suck.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

wizard on a water slide posted:

I'm having a tough time with that banner, too. Orlandu is badass and feels like a step up on the power curve for damage-dealers, but I've also got Agrias's BSB, Plat Sword, another sword, and a generic robe/rod/dagger for synergy in a realm that isn't particularly common or useful to have synergy in.

I'd say it depends on how much generic utility you'd get out of the non-Orlandu items. Agrias's BSB and Kaiser Shield are great SBs, for example, if you don't already have something like them.

I may end up doing just a dollar pull then even though FFT is my favorite game. :(

The only thing on the banner other than Orlandu is maybe the Mythril gun. I've already got Agrias's BSB and Cleansing Strike plus the healing staff. I've got 3 swords, 2 daggers, 2 staves, a rod, 2 heavy armors, a shield, bracer and robe. I'm pretty set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

About how long until we get the new/updated daily dungeons?

• Locked thread