Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Looks like this game is forcing me to use a mage team. I'm trying diamond with a physical team and he is murdering me. I didn't expect him to do THAT much damage. Looks like back row stuff is necessary. I HATE mages, so this will be irritating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

He actually hits harder and faster while in his core, it's just that having everyone in the back row really weakens his physicals. Exposing his core also means he has a higher chance to do his ST attacks. The only other flaw with a physical team (other than having to spend two turns to expose him) is that once he drops low he can use Ultimate Diamond Flash - if he uses it twice at low health that's three medals lost. He won't use it while in his Core other than the forced ones while switching between phases.

If your Support has nothing better to do, the Thunderstroke RM makes your Attacks instant cast, so that'll speed things up slightly.

I didn't realize also that he used fire for his magic. I could just mitigate that too.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I beat him with my very last hone. Had a bunch of Aeris relics that I used for mage sticks. Came down to the very last one I had, but I beat him. God do I hate mages though. Had to S/L a few times because I screwed up, as I always do. This is why I won't be able to do multiplayer stuff because I will be screwing up every single turn.

I am screwed on next week's boss. Unless I get a pull sent from heaven.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 10, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

drat it I was already to do a draw on the IX banner tonight, only to find out they moved the event up a day. This 516 mythril is burning a hole in my pocket and IX is my worst of the non I-III realms.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Well, 150 mythril gets me two golden hats and a wizard rod. Not what you hope for with 150 mythril, but this should get the job done. Ugh, I hate ff9 in this game.

Thinking about it this is actually real good, just wish I hadn't spent the last 50 for the other clip!! But that won't hurt me cause I had so much. Basically opens up my options and lets me RW Eiko's BSB.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 14, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Somehow I missed completely they had added Josef's, Leila's, etc MC2s to the Hall. Wonder how long they've been in there.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ok thank god dollar pull on banner 2 got me Ragnarok. FINALLY a decent physical weapon in this realm. I'm not cursed anymore for IX physical.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I beat the living hell out of Melti, but that's thanks to pulling Wizard Rod and Gold Hairpin and Ragnarok. I mastered it despite ignoring the fire requirement. Magic Blink from Ragnarok saved my rear end. RW'ed Eiko's BSB to deal with the damage, and to make my team hit hard. After struggling like an idiot against Diamond Weapon that felt good to smash that one.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I have a feeling that these Cids Missions for U++ are going to be kicking my rear end for the foreseeable future. U+'s I could do with relative consistency but these U++ are nutso and require some ridiculous synergy and/or luck.

Well you're in luck because U++ won't have Cid Missions anymore. From now on it's all U+. I'll still be attempting the U++ in CM mode though, just to spice things up.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I can't make heads or tails of this Nightmare boss. I tried going in and just beating it up cause I have the heals and mitigation but the thing is rock solid defensively. I don't want to hone up ninja magics so I'm gonna have to do it the regular way but I look in this fight and not even sure what's going on or what I'm supposed to do. It doesn't make any sense to me. Reading some guides talking about changing the targets or what have you. Guess I'll have to watch a video or something. What I mean is I don't wanna even do it it looks stupid.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Oh god my erroneous play style does not sound good for that.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

*sigh* maybe I'll just do it the brute force way. I just don't feel like honing poo poo for this. God I do not want to do this fight.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Well it took a few orbs to hone up some ninja stuff. And my sanity. And also my eternal soul. But I beat the stupid nightmare fight after trying trial and error about 75 tries until I finally had it down to a rhythm and I knew exactly when to heal and when to go all out. And there was a tiny bit of fun hidden in it. But I do hate "puzzle" fights on this ATB system. But it's over with now. I can now go to the corner and cry for the rest of this day.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

LornMarkus posted:

Welp time to pray for me because I'm gonna start throwing myself at JP Kaiser Dragon. Helps that I can field a full team of mages with breaks (Terra OSB, RInoa BSB, Alphinaud BSB and SSB, Maria BSB and Y'shtola BSB for healing), but I still get the feeling I'm going to hate everything for awhile. Nice that it is just 1 Stam like the U+ and such though. I assume though that I probably don't want to drag anyone at less than 80 into it?

You should slaughter him. Only issue will be the stupid water and lightning medal requirements. Unless he's somehow different in JP than global. I beat his rear end just with Hope's BSB plus a sheepsong RW.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Of course my pull on Banner 2 gets me the defender--my least-desired item on the banner probably, since I already have HotE. Oh well, synergy sword at least.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Her high evasion actually caused me to start over, thinking I had messed up the application of reflect.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

God drat, Cid MIssion on this mote dungeon is nasty. Don't think I'll be able to do it this time around, even with the runic+Flashing Blade on Firion.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hrmm, I don't think I can handle the Cid's Mission at this time. Best I got was to take out Red Soul and get the Ogres to about 30%, then they woke up and started spamming AoEs.

FFII really needs another mage or a Dancer, but we won't get the former til Emperor.

Yeah this one might have to go on the shelf for a while. I've completed all the other ones including Ifrit on the first go, but this one I can't be too hard on myself on. I mean, I could try another draw on banner 2, but I don't think that's advisable. But we are getting free mythril for Halloween, II gets a nightmare(JP) dungeon, and the banners on the next II event apparently aren't the greatest. So maybe it makes sense to put that mythril toward another pull here if I'm real bad on 2. Hmm.

Thing is, I'm not sure that ANYTHING except Maria's BSB or Firion's BSB will really help me here. So that's chasing one relic, which is probably bad.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I should try that Maria RW method see how it works.

edit: I'm hosed lol

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 26, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Pulled again and the only new thing I got was Ogre Killer. And I'm not pulling again. Interesting relic, but doesn't help me with what I need for the CM. Will just have to wait to do this one, which may be a very long time since not much II stuff ever comes out. Will play around with this some more though at a later date.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Finally beat the stupid CM. It's basically all luck if you don't have the real good soul breaks. You just gotta sleep the ogres and keep it on them, and hope Red Soul doesn't use a lot of AOE. I used Gordon as a second healer. I had no shared shellga, and needed a second healer so I used gordon for that with Curaga. Used no real support then. And I had no Flame Shield for Gordon either. The stuff I pulled was almost useless, though Leon's Defender gave me draw fire which helped just a little. Used Minus Strike and Magic Lure on him. With Firion just had sleep spells on him and kept spamming them. Came down to the last turn and I was worried since I hit sunfire instead of break or whatever I was gonna lose. But I won.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

So I looked through future banners again and I'm now considering changing my plan from skipping the Noel banners and pulling on Lightning OSB 1 to fix my XIII synergy to making the one pull on Noel 2 I was intending to make before the DU25 lucky draw and then skipping the Lightning OSB banners in favor of Fang OSB 1. I'll be slightly reducing my chances of getting dupes that way (Lightning OSB 1 has two relics I already have, while Noel 2 only has one), plus it maximizes my chances of getting physical weapons, which is what I really need. Lightning OSB 1 has more relics for physical characters, but several of them are on armor.

Changing my budget like this would mean I'm spending slightly more in advance of OK, but I also wouldn't be spending as much ahead of TG Cid, and my mythril stock will probably be much lower then.

I'll probably pull on lightning OSB 2. Cause I have Ninurta already so gives me a chance at his OSB to complement that, and I've heard that Raines' BSB is one of the best in the game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm trying to stack my chances of getting weapons, plus I can't stand Hope. Gacha luck made me use Squall in my A-team for months despite never pulling on a dedicated VIII banner, I'd rather not repeat it for another character I hate.

Well that will give you 100% chance of getting the OSB, so might as well take it! :D

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So how rough is mote Ifrit? I've not done it yet, mostly because it kind of scares me how overtuned his damage is and I don't have any ice damage SBs, but I've done every other mote dungeon.

Good to have lots of fire resist accessories. Double healer setup can be a good idea. You can always RW something like Rinoa BSB, plus then Blizzaja and Chain Blizzaga on your guys. Magic Blink is good if you got it. He's pretty tough. Just one stamina so don't be scared to give it a go and gauge how you do.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Well your life is about to get much easier. You just kill the app during the battle then you load it back up, and you hit the "Ok" option, and the battle starts all over again without spending anything. I don't think I could even play this without it. :D

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Not sure how to do that on my phone.

If I use the task manager and hit "Clear All", it'll close Record Keeper, but then when I go to reopen the program, it'll ask me if I want to resume where I left off. If I tell it no, it bumps me back out of the last battle I was in but still consumes my stamina. If I tell it yes, it goes right back to where I was in the fight when I opened the task manager to close the program, which is useless to me if the one of the guys I'm trying to level is already dead.

Yeah, you want to hit Ok. It starts you back at the wave you were currently on. So if you're on wave 1, someone dies then you go on to wave 2, it'll start at wave 2 and you'll still be dead. But if you do it before wave 1 is over, like right after the guy dies, then you will get to do it over till you don't get the bad luck.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ugh--just don't quite have enough damage to beat the U+ fight CM, but can do it if I get like two SC double-casts. Hate how I'm pretty much forced to use a certain party and the XII relics I currently have mean jack.

edit: God I did it. Took a desperate attack command from Vaan with no abilities left, unshouted.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 1, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Shock Trooper posted:

I'm on Android and I can't start the game since the update. Stuck forever on the initial loading screen. Force closed and restarted several times, turned the phone off and on, disabled wi-fi in case that was being goofy, nothing's worked. I worry about having to try uninstalling the game, although it SHOULD be connected to the Google Play account... I hope....

(All this stamina going unused right now :( )

My performance has been garbage for about a week now I feel like. Several times I've gotten stuck in loading screens and had to restart, and sometimes it takes a long time for all the stuff on the menu screens to load up. I'm also on android.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Armitage posted:

I never want to see Elder Wyrm as a greater than 50 difficulty boss ever again. I'm not gonna go back and champion that fight. gently caress that. Badly designed and overtuned too.

RW Cloud's OSB and murder the hell out of him fast.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

In case anyone's wondering what to do with all these 3* motes, Krile's Bard sphere that should be asking for 4* motes takes 3* motes by mistake. So that's a good one to fill in while it's like that.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Zurai posted:

It'll be like that forever. DeNA doesn't fix mistakes which are in the players' favor. For example, Yuffie's SSB only costs 10k experience to learn, unique among all SSBs. That's a mistake and it's been like that in Japan for nearly a year, unfixed, because there's no benefit to them fixing it and doing the fix could cause all kinds of drama and trouble. FFRK is actually just about the best-managed game (not just mobile game, either) in that respect and with regard to power creep.

I don't expect them to either but I'd rather just do it just in case, and you get plenty of 3* motes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

How good is the EXP dungeon with the III event then? Just as good as the EXP daily? Cause that's pretty cool if true. Would certainly like to level some of these I, XIV, and Tactics guys alongside OK.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Alxprit posted:

I'm personally just going to egg Onion Knight because he's gonna be terrible until the 90s anyway. Unless it happens that you need him in the party to get his motes, I'm not gonna worry too much about that. But if it's just as good as Sundaily, that'd be pretty awesome!

...man I really hope I get Onion Knight's burst.

I'm kind of up in the air on it. I know he's bad but if I can save my eggs to hotshot some other guys to 99 I'd rather do it that way. I'll egg him to 50 of course. Will depend on how good the dungeon is. I'd bet it won't be as good as sundaily but we shall see.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sprite141 posted:

Speaking of FF11, I'm saving everything for the ffxi event. We better drat well get it.

I'm afraid I have some bad news

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Omega Weapon was a total joke for me. MGVIII+Stop Spam+Ashe BSB RW and he never even touched me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I didn't even need the attack debuff. Since he never hit me I never lost medals for that and with the lightning stuff he died fast enough.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Shoenin posted:

How are people keeping Omega stopped after half health

a stop from a Y'shtola with 500 mind is broken in less than half a second.

Using two guys with Stop and spamming the hell out of it, in my case. Hasting them will help also.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Trying to kill Ultima Weapon in this X event before it goes, but man it is kicking my rear end. Tidus' BSB seems a little better than his OSB for RWing, but either way I just can't get him down below about 30% health before he starts spamming so much drat AoE that it becomes impossible to heal through. Am I just unlucky or is there supposed to be some way to survive him casting Gravity, Nova, and Ultima all in a row in the time it takes a hasted healer to get one action in?

Well, if you have instant KO-resist accessories they will give gravity a chance of missing. But if you're newer you might not have accumulated those.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Zurai posted:

The FF3 event comes with an EXP dungeon which is (for FF3 characters) better than Sundaily and lasts for the entire duration of the event. You don't need to egg Onion.

Is it equal or close to sundaily for non-III characters? Cause I'll definitely make the most of that if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'll egg him up I think. Omega Weapon and the whack-a-monster rewards really added to my egg collection. So then I can run some guys through it over the course of the event who I'm due to level down the road. Get those I, XIV, and Tactics guys ready to be able to do Cid Missions when their time comes.

• Locked thread