Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm contemplating pulling on Keeper's Choice 2 since SG is the only thing on it I already have, but I don't think the free relics are all that great anymore except for maybe Red Armlet. I'd rather wait for 3 for the free enelement SBs, and I've had no trouble beating endgame content using my RW slot for Shout so it's not like having it natively is that big of a deal. It's not going anywhere, so maybe I'll reassess after my big mythril spending spree ends with the Onion Knight event. If I luck out and get everything I want without having to make a bunch of pulls (lol), it might make more sense to take a shot at Platinum Sword rather than waiting another couple months for the next Keeper's Choice set to drop.

Or maybe I'll get it from the lucky draw on Tuesday and this entire line of thought will be moot. But I'm not exactly counting on that with my gacha luck as it's been lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KataraniSword posted:

No, you're just guaranteed a 5*, it can be off-banner garbage still.

Happened to me on my first G5 pull, it was great

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Does anybody have a Sheepsong or Hope BSB RW set for Diamond Weapon? I thought I had a few Sheepsongs on my following list but I can't seem to find them now, I must have either gotten bumped off their lists or they changed to something else.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Got Serah's Gloves and Vega 42s. After almost 18 months, I finally have my first 5* XIII physical weapon (not counting the freebies, obviously). It's a little awkward for my A-team (although Tyro can use it), but it's a native hastega for XIII and both Sazh and Lightning can use it so it could be worse.

Considering the gacha luck I've been having lately, that could have gone worse. Just two more weeks until Larsa...

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Koobes posted:

Kind of on this subject, has DENA changed event banners between jp and global? I know fest ones are pretty different between each.

No, event banners have been consistently the same throughout the life of the game. Festival banners are always remixed (except for relics that debut with the festival), and the relic pools for the selection banners are sometimes tweaked a little bit (because a couple of them have included relics from collab events we didn't get), but the two banners that drop with each event have always been the same.

bilperkins2 posted:

Do we ever get any more of those 5* motes we got from the Five Dooms? Or that's it? If there's more available later I'm more likely to spend them now.

Not for several months, once the 250 difficulty dungeons (aka Nightmare difficulty in Japan, but that'll presumably get changed for global for obvious reasons) open.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
You're better off just using Crushing Blow twice than spending a SB bar on Stormborn. There's a reason enelement SBs released after that do their own damage as well.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It's a shame, because the rest of that banner is really good (somewhat depending on what the burst commands are for the Emperor and Leila I guess) but a Ricard relic is a serious trap draw. Golden Armor wouldn't help me much either because I already have Apocalypse Shield. We'll see if II synergy is worth caring about in 6 months, I guess.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

LornMarkus posted:

I can do you one better: I got that exact pull before G5. I really cannot stress enough how hellish the game originally was for me before I quit. :smithicide:

That's a worse pull after G5 than before it though, any 5* gear no matter how bad is better than going 0/11

I came pretty close to that pull during the festival, but I got a VII generic sword instead. I've had that pull in the back of my mind while weighing the idea of spending on this banner instead of waiting for Larsa 1. I think I'm gonna wait for Zidane OSB 2 instead, because it has Hamelin, Trident, and Golden Hairpin but not the items I wouldn't want to pull from this set (namely Excalibur IX because I already have it and Wizard Rod because I have like four native Hastegas already including one for IX). Plus I can save more for Onion Knight if I put off getting more IX synergy until the next event.

For that matter, I'm kind of waffling on doing my pull on Noel 2 after getting the Vegas and Serah's Gloves from the lucky draw. I'll probably attempt the CM with my current gear and see how it goes, then if I can't do it weigh how much I want the rewards versus carrying forward another 50 mythril.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Schwartzcough posted:

First pull:

Hooray! Beatrix's BSB, and a pretty good off-banner.

3 of my last 6 non-lucky draws have been off-banner generics. 50% off banner rate, yaaay....

But I couldn't resist pulling again!

Humph. Since G5 I have gone 5/44- that's an 11% rate. My pull rate has gotten much shittier since G5 arrived. Oh well, being really unlucky during G5 is still less painful than my first year of playing.

I really wanted that gold hairpin, but I can't really justify pulling again.

Hey, I'm back ahead of you in mythril now! :v: Do we know when the first of those datamined mythril gifts is due to drop? If we get two before the 26th (or maybe one and an apology mythril or two) I might be able to hit 500 before Larsa starts. Or I could clear a couple extra Elites from my backlog if I decide hitting a completely symbolic milestone is actually important to me.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Schwartzcough posted:

Oh, if you've got a realm dungeon backlog then you're way ahead of me. I've already cleared this week's DU. I gambled all on a second pull and lost! Ok, except for those other 420 mythril.

I'm at 462 with one mythril left to get from the Eiko event and 18 Elites left, which is the least I've had in my backlog in a very long time. I'm gonna do another 7 of those to get myself up to 168 4/5 stamina to save a couple refreshes if I want to pop one for whatever reason and then stop until the next DU comes out. So that would put me at 470, plus about 15 from daily logins and another 10 from the Guy event will put me just shy. But I looked it up and the we'll actually get two of the mythril gifts before Larsa (the first one hits tomorrow, in fact!) so I'll make this arbitrary cutoff that I would get within minutes of the event opening anyway. :v:

I'm hoping to get one of the two BSB relics in my first Larsa pull because that'll be enough to satisfy me (well, maybe not if I get Ashe's Defiance and nothing else because I do still need XII weapons), but I'm prepared to make two. Maybe even more if bad gacha luck gives me a rage stroke.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Beasteh posted:

Hello friends I got Eiko's BSB and it's is insanely loving good thanks for reading and God bless

I'm tempted to chase it now, but in the interest of maximizing my chances at getting OK's BSB I'm putting it off until global OSB Fest (if it's still there and on a good banner) or Zidane OSB 2 in January. Three months would be a long time to wait if it doesn't make it onto the global festival banners, but that's also the next time IX synergy will matter after this week.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

18 hours later I'm still mad about my Excalibur IX/Trident/Trident pull. I honestly wish I could've blanked. At least that way the disappointment would've been over with when I saw the orbs. Not going to pull again, though, I can't handle the thought of getting one more of these useless loving stat sticks. I'll chase Hamelin elsewhere.

Stat sticks by definition are not useless! Do I really need to go host the screenshot of my first G5 pull? Hell, I had so many 0/11 pulls in the 3 months before it started that I stopped saving pictures of them. Excalibur IX boosts holy and 5* spears are hard to come by for characters that need them! Not every pull can be three OSBs, Jesus Christ.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I've been contemplating bringing Full Break to R3 myself. I already honed Chain Blizzaga to R3 and I'm not going to worry about honing Sapphire Shot unless I pull Apocalypse X, so the only other abilities competing for ice orbs are Gaia Cross and the double water spellblade, but the latter is a pretty long way away regardless. Power orbs aren't used by anything until the double spellblades start showing up either. Lightning is the real sticking point; I have a bunch, but I'll definitely want to hone Chain Thundaga if I pull Ashe's BSB, and Lightning Dive could be useful if I ever pull a Dragoon relic.

R2 has been enough for me thus far, so I've been sticking with the 'never spend orbs until you absolutely need to' adage. But it's definitely getting more tempting with orbs being pretty plentiful these days.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm definitely not obsessively running my planned pulls through the gacha simulator over and over seeing how often I get results that would be satisfactory, that's something a crazy person would do

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Did Reddit ever publish data on the drop rate for Ragnarok? Because if the rate for 6* relics is actually .1%, then a bunch of people either got crazy lucky or chased it really hard because plenty of people seem to have it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KataraniSword posted:

I'm pretty sure on-banner relics is actually the same 1% for OSBs as they formerly were for SSBs/are for BSBs.

Off-banner 6* relics are actually a .001% chance, if memory serves, if not lower. I don't remember the exact numbers, just that it's rarer than getting a normal Unique/Super/Burst relic off-banner. So if someone tells you they got a Ragnarok from the Eiko banners, burn the witch

Good to know, since I'll be pulling on the next banner with a 6* relic and I could really use swords for X. I expected 6* drop rates to be lower to incentivize whales to go nuts now that we have G5.

Dr Pepper posted:

Honestly at this point I'm not pulling out of any need because because I feel like I don't need anything. I just pull on banners I think are cool and/or are for characters I like.

Edit: Like, I have Sentinel's Grimoire, Agrias's Cleansing Strike, Vaan and Faris' BSBs. I think that's enough power and mitigation to clear any content possible forever.

I'm pulling based on a combination of overall banner quality and synergy needs at this point. For instance, IX is one of my weaker realms but I have just enough to generally make a workable team (Excalibur, Coral Sword, a Gladius++ and two of Vivi's rods), so I'm skipping the Eiko banners in favor of the Zidane OSB event in January, where the second banner has Hamelin, Trident, and Golden Hairpin but loses the two items I would want the least (and Lightbringer IX, but I'm targeting Excalibur T for my Imperil Holy BSB anyway) in favor of new BSBs for Steiner and Freya and a great new SSB for Garnet.

If I pulled just for characters I like, I'd try to squeeze a pull in on Leo 2 because it has BSBs for two of my favorite characters in the whole series. But VI is my second-best realm already and that event falls in the dead zone of 'desperately try to rebuild the mythril you just blew on Onion Knight before OSB Fest/Minfilia'. So it probably wouldn't be smart unless I get insanely lucky on Larsa, Tidus OSB, and Onion Knight somehow and end up with way more mythril than I expected to have by that point.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
My best realms are VII, VI, and IV in that order. If I ever got some decent weapons for XIII it would jump way up the list because I have tons of armor (Wild Bear+, Gold Bangle+, Corps Field Uniform and Serah's Gloves). I somehow stumbled into 4 5* VIII swords but the only other natural 5* relic I have for that realm is a Balamb Garden Uniform.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Adel posted:

With the FFVII event over, I'm trying to figure out what would be the most useful thing to have as my RW for the IX event.

My BSBs are Beatrix, Garnet, Butz, Hope, and Pecil. I'm leaning towards Butz since one of his commands is a fire spellblade to help burn down the Ult++ boss but I would like to hear other people's opinions.

I also have Rosa's medica+m blink SSB if something defensive might be more useful, as well as Shout and Wall to fall back on if nothing really stands out.

If you can gear Hope well for IX MAG he's definitely your best choice for Meltigemini summons.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm always a little :confused: when people say they have such great IV/VI synergy, but I guess that's just an earlier era :shobon: In the time I've been playing there has been one VI event and no IV events. Tons of V and IX though!

VI was probably the most frequently supported realm other than VII for a good portion of RK's life, but its content has slowed down considerably lately (although we're getting Leo relatively soon and JP's about to get another VI event focused on Locke and Celes, presumably introducing OSBs for each). Meanwhile, there's only 1 more V event between now and where JP is at, and I don't think it's been announced for their upcoming batch of content either. They've got the aforementioned VI event next and then the WoFF hype event and I think a III event that introduces Cloud of Darkness? I'm not 100% sure that last one was confirmed though.

X and XIII seem to be the realms in vogue with DeNA these days; we just had Paine and there's Tidus OSB and then Seymour coming in the next few months, and we have three more XIII events between now and the current state of JP.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
DeNA Global obviously didn't handle development of RK and I think even localization was outsourced to somebody else prior to this happening. The announcement of the dissolution of the global office even says that the West will continue to be a target market for DeNA and that they're focusing on collaborations going forward, which RK would obviously fall under.

I wouldn't worry too much about the future of the game... yet. Hopefully Reddit gets a more definitive response from support though.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
'Waiting to see' for like, a week until we get more definitive news on what will happen going forward is not going to completely ruin the game financially

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So I guess the Guy event isn't starting tonight after all? There was no announcement about it last night...

I'll probably wait until tomorrow morning to do the Nightmare dungeons if that's the case, because gently caress doing Thursdaily. If I'm not going to spend my stamina grinding it during double greens time, I'm sure as hell not going to do it now. I could knock out a couple of the elites I have left with no stamina shard rewards, I suppose.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ApplesandOranges posted:

In all honesty, between the two I'd lean towards Firion because II has a Mote dungeon CM and the banners for the next II event aren't overwhelmingly good. Larsa is a great banner, but the Vayne banners are also pretty solid.

Personally, since II content is so infrequent I'm pulling on Larsa and hoping that II relics show up on good overall festival banners in global. Pulling on dedicated banners for realms that get an event every six months feels like such a waste, except for Tactics and XIV because their banners banners are so OP. And even then, the Delita/Ovelia/Mustadio and Yda/Papalymo banners were mostly skippable unless you really wanted the first wave of crit boost SBs.

I can understand the argument you're making though, since post-buffs the FF2 cast is actually mostly quite good. But I also have a dupe on each banner which also makes me less inclined to pull.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The second gift got me past the 500 mythril barrier! I'm probably gonna skip the debuff lucky draw, since there's a lot of old and not particularly good stuff in the pool, and I already know I'm pulling on banners that have Orichalcum Dirk and Riot Blade in the very near future so I already have a significant chance at getting two of the few actually good relics in the set.

Less than a week left until Larsa hits...

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, I was a little unclear on that last bit about the multiple IDs thing - Full Break seems like it should have a different ID than Ark Blast, which only affects 2 stats instead of 3, but it didn't seem like I was doing any more damage after using both than I was after using just Full Break. But using Armor Breakdown and Magic Breakdown after Full Break did have an effect. But it could have just been from me hitting with different characters or something.

So hypothetically, if I have a Breakdown, Full Break, an SB that lowers both Attack and Defense, and an SB that lowers Defense and Res, *all* of those stack?

Yes, the only times debuffs overwrite each other is when they modify the same stats at once. So for example, Agrias' Cleansing Strike SB (which debuffs Atk and Mag) would stack with Auron's Banishing Blade SB (which debuffs Atk and Def), Full Break, and Power/Magic Breakdown, but not Gordon's Goddess Bell SB because it also debuffs Atk/Mag.

This is what makes Setzer's BSB relic that just got released in Japan much better than most BSBs for Support characters thus far: the entry SB debuffs Atk/Mag, and the burst commands debuff Atk/Def and Mag/Res. Which means Setzer can stack the entry SB, Full Break, both burst command debuffs, and one additional Breakdown, all on his own. That's an insane amount of mitigation to pack into one character, and you get the benefit of (minor) wallbreak debuff to help your DPS characters in the process. It's nuts.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

kalensc posted:

An even 600 now. I'd love 4 of the banner items but 3 would be meh. Tough call.

What I'm doing is waiting until the following IX event (should come in mid-January) to fix my synergy for that realm, so I can save as much mythril as possible for the next meta-changing banners in Onion Knight 1 and Minfilia/Alphinaud 1. The first banner has is very Zidane-heavy, but the second banner has several of the good relics from this current set (Hamelin, Trident, Golden Hairpin), along with debuting BSBs for Steiner and Freya and a very good new SSB for Garnet (Mag/Def faithga so it stacks with most of the common ones, plus a party-wide HP Stock). You've got even more mythril than me though, so you can maybe afford to spend more of it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

kalensc posted:

Yeah, I'm saving for those III and XIV banners primarily, and I'm also going to need to pull on II and X if I want a reasonable shot at mastering the Mote dungeons. Plus the Luckys and the next Festival which I presume will be OSB/BSB-heavy and good targets for splurging.

I'm also starting to feel that most of my IV, V, VI, VII, and XIII gear is outdated, but it's been enough to get mastery on all CMs so far. Maybe Festivals and Lucky Draws will spread the new items around in a even way, but if not then I'll eventually need to start upgrading specific RS gear.

Doing mote dungeons, CMs or no, is relatively low priority for me because they come back every month like Nightmares. Power creep will solve them eventually, so I don't feel the need to plan pulls around them. Sun Blade was on the OSB Fest banners in Japan though (so was Rune-Graven Bow, for that matter), and I'm taking my chances and hoping that will remain the case in global because I don't think II synergy is important enough to burn 50 mythril or more on a dedicated banner.

But in general I am also focusing on shoring up my weaker realms now that we're in post-G5 mode. Hopefully my stockpile is big enough that I can take care of XII and X over the next couple weeks and still have enough to effectively chase the III/XIV BSBs.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Boy the CM is a real pain in the rear end without much in the way of SBs for easy damage with 100% accuracy. I ended up just using a regular team and then crushing the U++, maybe I'll go back for it later with a different setup but I kind of doubt it because the evasion gimmick is just really unsatisfying to fight against, even if you dispel Blink and use Reflect.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Very excited to have another double greens period coming, I really need to build a stock back up.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm already going to be pulling on Larsa 1 anyway, so I'll wait until after those pulls to decide on this lucky draw. Obviously if I get Orichalcum Dirk I will feel safe in skipping it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So I looked through future banners again and I'm now considering changing my plan from skipping the Noel banners and pulling on Lightning OSB 1 to fix my XIII synergy to making the one pull on Noel 2 I was intending to make before the DU25 lucky draw and then skipping the Lightning OSB banners in favor of Fang OSB 1. I'll be slightly reducing my chances of getting dupes that way (Lightning OSB 1 has two relics I already have, while Noel 2 only has one), plus it maximizes my chances of getting physical weapons, which is what I really need. Lightning OSB 1 has more relics for physical characters, but several of them are on armor.

Changing my budget like this would mean I'm spending slightly more in advance of OK, but I also wouldn't be spending as much ahead of TG Cid, and my mythril stock will probably be much lower then.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kawalimus posted:

I'll probably pull on lightning OSB 2. Cause I have Ninurta already so gives me a chance at his OSB to complement that, and I've heard that Raines' BSB is one of the best in the game.

I'm trying to stack my chances of getting weapons, plus I can't stand Hope. Gacha luck made me use Squall in my A-team for months despite never pulling on a dedicated VIII banner, I'd rather not repeat it for another character I hate.

KnoxZone posted:

WoFF Login Bonuses starting tomorrow:

1st Daily Login Bonus: 3 Greater Growth Eggs
2nd Daily Login Bonus: 10 Giant Scarletite
3rd Daily Login Bonus: Tama’s Ribbon (Beyond) (4★ accessory) (HP +150 and moderate Instant KO resistance, Beyond RS)
4th Daily Login Bonus: 3 Major Power Orbs
5th Daily Login Bonus: 100,000 Gil
6th Daily Login Bonus: 5 Greater Growth Eggs
7th Daily Login Bonus: 3 Major Black Orbs
8th Daily Login Bonus: 100,000 Gil
9th Daily Login Bonus: 10 Giant Adamantite
10th Daily Login Bonus: 1 Dark Matter (5★)

No Mythril is sad, but I can always use more MBO. Nothing about any event as of yet. Also Beyond is the Global term for the new synergy realm.

Well we are getting the 25 mythril dump on Halloween, and six from the minigame launching tonight if we break every milestone. Free dark matter and more Instant KO resist accessories are cool too.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Two pulls got me Gabranth's Hauberk and Stoneblade. Didn't really want to pull again with two dupes so I did the debuff lucky draw and got Kagenui. It fulfilled the primary objective of getting more XII synergy, but boy is that kind of an underwhelming result for 125 mythril.

For those keeping track, now all four of my post-G5 pulls have been 1/11. After going like 5/77 in the pulls I made since Soul Breakout. :suicide:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Schwartzcough posted:

That most definitely sucks. Sorry man.

Well the good news is I still have almost 400 mythril left and I only have to wait another week to pull again. But yeah, after hardly spending at all for months this was not the result I was hoping for.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Yeah, the only things I want on here are Aldebaran, which I can choose off Keeper's Choice 3, and Ashe BSB, which recurs on a really, really nice OSBfest banner. Pass!

OSB Fest banners will be different for global so that's not a guarantee. It's pretty likely Ashe's Defiance will come back, but just keep it in mind if it's really something you want. It's on Vayne 2 as well but that's a long time from now.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NaanViolence posted:

Ashe's Stoneblade is amazing because it's a medica on a mage. If you want to go mage meta with a non-healer medica then it's either her or OK. There's nobody else.

Surprised to see people here are disappointed to draw it. I already have Faris's BSB so I would have preferred to pull Stoneblade for my dollar draw instead of the Orichalcum Dirk I pulled.

I'm not unhappy to get Stoneblade in a vacuum, but going 2/22 would be a lot easier to swallow if I had gotten one of the BSBs.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
OSB Fest is 'coming up' in a sense, but it's still nearly 2 months from now. It's just wise to keep it in mind before you spend too much on banners between now and then, especially if you're planning on going hard on Minfilia since it should happen right before that banner in global.

Personally I'm probably going to stop spending mythril between Onion Knight and the festival just to build a bit of a stock back up in case any of the global banners are really good, even though I could probably use a pull on Squall OSB 1 for help with Mote Ifrit. Since past gacha luck dictates that I get VIII gear whenever I pull on lucky draws, I'll probably just wait for the ice-themed lucky draw that Japan got and hopefully fix that problem for half price.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So I should contact support if I didn't get the mythril and pumpkin/hat when I logged in? I've definitely relaunched the app multiple times since midnight. I guess I'll wait until after work for it to sort itself out just in case before emailing them about it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Do you think, if enough people asked for it, DeNA would put Clear Tranquil on a global banner? Maybe Keeper's Choice 3 or something?

Were there any regular Uniques on Ultros Select, or was it just SSBs and above? If they redo that for global instead of just repurposing Japan's banner, people could theoretically vote Wutai Headband onto that if there's enough demand for it.

It'll probably come back on a VII banner down the road, the Vega 42s were just on the most recent XIII banners in Japan and those haven't been particularly sought-after in like a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
100 mythril got me two Force Knuckles(es) and two Chaos Rods. Not ideal but I'll take it, I finally have a Curaga-strength medica now so welcome to the A-team, Yuna. Now I need to decide whether to combine them.

Does anybody know if there's any future X synergy content that you'd want to use mage meta for?

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 4, 2016

• Locked thread