Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just want to say that I and the 20+ Ramza RWs I'm following appreciate the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got two Vanille weapons from the lucky draw, but I don't actually have Vanille. Is she going to available from an event any time soon, or should I just use a soul?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think I've finally got a pretty decent team put together. I've got Celes and Aeris with BSBs, and Gilgamesh, Fran, and Gabranth with SSBs. They're all at level 65, with Aeris and Gilgamesh's MC2 unlocked. Is this enough to try taking on Ultimates?

Also I really want to replace Gabranth with Agrias but I've had miserable luck trying to get any gear for her :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Your party can probably do the Ultimate and maybe the U+ assuming you have a decent assortment of 4* abilities crafted. Just bring wall as your RW and try to stack as many breakdowns as you can with mist overload + defense and power/magic breakdown. With that and the buff you get from Celes BSB you'll probably be putting out enough damage to kill them before both walls run out.

I tried it with magic breakdown and shellga and I got destroyed by the first dualcast. Of course, I forgot to mention that I have almost no XIII gear to speak of.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm trying to get Cloud's RM2 (the free soul break gauge one) and it feels like it's taking forever. Do I have to do anything special other than have him in my party?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SageAcrin posted:

You do also have to have all previous Record Materia for that character.

The one before that for Cloud has a pretty specific/weird condition IIRC.

Oh, well that'll do it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How the hell does Tyro use a gun-arm?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've got Apocalypse Shield (+Atk/Def) and Maria's Song (+Atk/Mag). Would I be correct in believing that they would both stack with each other as well as Shout? And that Apocalypse Shield would stack with Protectga and Sentinel's Grimoire?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nice.

Now if only I had more than one free SB gauge materia. Cloud is being really stubborn with his, and I still need a spare MC2 for Ramza.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bilperkins2 posted:

Just in case I'm understanding you right, Ramza's is NOT a free SB gauge RM. It's one that helps you build it faster when using attack or abilities.

For some reason I thought it was. So there's only two free gauge materias?

Also do the ATK buffs stack additively or multiplicatively?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've got Dr. Mog's Teachings and Mako Might, and they've been really helpful in getting some U and U+ clears. Are there any other RMs that you guys would consider useful enough to level a character that's not on my A-team? Right now I'm running with Aeris, Fran, Tyro, Celes, and Greg.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thanks. Also, do Celes's burst commands count as spellblade abilities?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Heaven Spacey posted:

iirc yep but I don't know for certain. You can check for yourself by looking at the burst commands on the SB description in game. It'll say "Type: Spellblade" in the ability description if they are. I have Bartz's BSB and I know the commands for that one are spellblades and trigger spellblade damage/doublecast RMs.

Indeed they are. God drat Celes is a premiere shitwrecker.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Do all these XP dragons resist every element or what?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is Lightning's BSB pretty good? I got it on the lucky draw. I'm thinking of giving Greg the boot to make room for her on my A-team. I've got Faithful Companion for him, but other than that I don't think he's contributing much more when I don't need him for tanking.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My vault and my inventory are full now. Are 3*s worth keeping around? I read somewhere that a 3*++ with synergy is slightly better than a 5* without, but it doesn't seem even remotely worth it to upgrade them when I could be upgrading real 5*s instead. Is it safe to sell all these 3*s I've been hoarding?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ashley Riot (T)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

They're % damage, you can mitigate them by wearing KO resist accessories. Def and Res won't help, nor will breaks. All three bonus battles this event have % damage attacks, they're pretty nasty.

I don't think that's true. My dudes with KO resist gear were still getting one shot, while Celes my RES tank could survive it.

I managed to beat the fight but didn't master it because I forgot to bring a slow along :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad I never played Crisis Core because holy poo poo I hate this music.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got a blood sword and tiara, meaning I now have literally all of Terra's soul breaks, but I'd trade it all in an instant for just one platinum sword :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Killing Vector posted:

The current XIV event in Japan rewards that realm's Cid, so yes, over there you can now make an all-Cid party (4, 7, 13, 14, T).

Ironically you're missing Al-Cid.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Apocalypse Garland is cool. Just had a guy hit him with Blazing Twinstrike (absorbed) while literally every healer got countered to death.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A dupe green megaphone for me :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Technically XIV doesn't have any elements that actually mean anything in gameplay terms.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I kind of wish we could get a warrior of light character for XIV. Maybe have them function like the onion knight.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is there any easy way to check which RMs I've already acquired for each character, or do I have to sift through the mountain of garbage that isn't arranged in any sensible fashion?

Just kidding, I already know the answer.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh holy poo poo. Thanks.

Well it's still an enormous list but at least it's in character order.

e: I don't suppose there's any "eligible to obtain, but unobtained" filter?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Holy poo poo, I finally got a platinum sword off my last keeper's choice 2 pull.

Now I actually have to think about my RW choice.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Felt pretty good to use Keeper's Tome right before Ultimate Megaflare and have the raid party explode with "Nice" and "Well Played" stamps.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In general, how many turns do I have before I need to refresh buffs like protectga? Let's say as a rule of thumb.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've definitely had a lot of fights that last a lot longer than 44 seconds, and I'm asking because I've lost a lot of fights because my defensive buffs wore off at a bad time, sooooo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's a spooky ghost train that you can summon to inflict a bunch of status effects. That;s about it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Today I logged on and noticed that the graphics on the home page are shifted down a little, so that my characters are overlapping the relic draw button. Not a huge deal, but then I got into battle and I couldn't press any of the buttons, except for the RW which made the character defend. Anyone else experiencing this, and is there a known fix?

e: tried reinstalling, no luck

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 25, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah. It's not a huge deal, since I guess I can just tap a little higher, but still annoying.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thanks, that did the trick.

Now I need advice for beating the disciplinary committee. I've beaten the fight but failed to master it because Seifer pulled some bullshit out at the last second and killed one of my dudes. I have terrible VIII synergy - basically just a gun and a sword. Would it be worth pulling on either banner just to get this done? Probably not.

P.S. I'm sick of resetting every time I can't get defenses up before Seifer's opening move.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

How did you do it the first time? If you didn't, I'd recommend bringing two mages and RWing Quistis BSB on them + a faithga from someone else, or even just bring the spell Faith on someone and use it on them if you don't have a faithga. I just spammed command 2, but if you're having trouble it's probably safer to use command 1 to take out one target at a time.

I have an entirely physical team of Ramza (Shout), Celes (Maria's Song), Fran (Mist Overload), Tyro (Keeper's Tome til RW runs out, then wall), and Aeris (White Materia). I use a wall RW so that I can give Celes and Ramza the soul break materias. Basically just start off getting buffs up and then focus Fujin down, using Banishing Strike to get rid of haste. Usually what happens though is that I get hit with Fira and Fujin's AOE at the same time and someone dies.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I subbed in Terra and Rydia and honed Multibreak to R4, and it was going pretty well (that damage holy poo poo) until... I got hit by Fira and Fujin's AOE at the same time and someone died.

I think I'm going to go with plan gently caress it. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

God bless roaming warriors. Raines carried me through the FF12 U+, and then Papalymo through the U++.

On a related note, I really want Papalymo's BSB. Holy poo poo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got Ultima Weapon down to a sliver before he popped Shadow Flare :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just beat the U++ thanks to a Maria BSB RW. Pretty much my main strategy has been to load up a mage with boosting equipment and buffs and then pop an appropriate BSB RW.

Is Meteor XVI pretty much the best mage BSB in terms of pure, personal damage? I know Raines is really good for the party buff, but it's hard to beat that 6 hit combo.

• Locked thread