Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

It's also why Sephiroth's BSB1 is a sleeper hit vs things like Magicite - Despair, the burst's first command, is two DEF-ignoring hits. It may take a few more buffs to hit 2x9999, but with just shout and a good synergy weapon you should reliably be hitting 2x7000-8000.

Physical piercing attacks are even crazier than ninja magic, because the formula actually has no soft cap. The formula is just potency * ATK^0.9, which means slightly diminishing returns, but it keeps growing to infinity. A +30% ATK boost translates to 27% more damage, no matter how high your ATK already is (assuming you're below the buff soft cap). Ninja magic has a much sharper falloff after the soft cap, going down to MAG^0.25. No wonder physical piercing attacks are so rare - literally just Seph's CMD1 and a 4* monk ability that only does one hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Enelements actually increase SB damage by 80%, not 50%.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mithross posted:

Just dollar pulled Wakka's LMR, with my only other relic for him being his unique. I think I was just trolled hard.

Which unique? If it's Status Reels, 3 extra seconds of -50% DEF/RES (which is effectively a 15% damage boost for the whole party) is pretty nice. Definitely good for CMs.

If it's Attack Reels then yeah you got trolled.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Iga Blade is a dupe but otherwise this is a drat good pull. Sub-30 Sealion just became possible.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The ice orbs are all mine now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Is Sapphire Shot getting buffed in the upcoming ability buffs patch?

Trying to sort out what do with with Tidus now that I have his USB and LM. I was thinking Lifesiphon/Sapphire Shot with Ace Striker. He’s definitely next on my list to dive once I finish Bartz.

USB -> Cloud USB -> Sapphire Shot spam

That's really all you need. Get him to 99 for his +30% water damage RM, and either Lifesiphon him to one bar or have another character Entrust him. Ace Striker just means more SB juice, and Sapphire Shot + chaser is actually higher dps than his USB.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So basically experiment with 'em a bit and see what sticks. Steiner BSB isn't very fancy or anything especially in the realm of USBs and the ability buffs right around the corner, but I was thinking/hoping maybe the extra hits against weakness may make it a bit more competitive. Especially because it's good 'ol Rusty and I'm glad to have something neat for him. His LD looks really solid as well.

You can use the damage calculator (https://www.ffrktoolkit.com/damage_calculator.html) or just do the math. In this case you'd need to be doing at least 9999 * ( 4 / 320 ) * ( 260 / 5 ) = 6499 damage per hit with the cmd1 to make it better than Blazing Twinstrike.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

For non-piercing attacks, each boost is worth about +11-12% more ATK or MAG below the cap and +44% more above it.

For ninja magic, each boost is worth about +25% more MAG below the cap, and +107% more above it.

(if my math is correct)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah it sucks because it's random when she goes into tornado form, but here's a pro tip: she always goes into tornado form two turns after using Ray, so you can prepare for it.

(yes it's entirely possible she'll never enter tornado form, making you lose a medal condition)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Don't bother with removing her haste. She has 625 speed so haste reduces her turn timer by a whole 0.16 seconds.

Going full backrow is the better choice. Definitely bring Affliction Break (it reduces the chance of petrify too), and maybe even Mind Breakdown to lower the duration of stops that do connect.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

superloosegoose posted:

If you do dispel it, she'll eventually waste a turn casting haste :burger:

She casts haste on herself even if she already has the status.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Subvisual Haze posted:

Even doing the occasional gil daily, I still feel starved for gil all the time. Combining high level equipment or honing high level abilities is a huge gil sink.

Sell upgrade materials. If you're completing all the events, you probably have a ton just sitting around collecting dust.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

How does the math on stat boosts from equipped magicite work again? Specifically what portions of each magicite are added from which the final percentage is drawn?

The main magicite's stat and half of each sub magicite's stat get added together. Then the stat bonus levels get added together, with the highest one adding its full amount, the second highest adding half of its amount, the third highest adding a quarter, etc. You get 1% of the total stats per total bonus level, added after buffs. So Attack Boon level 10 gives 10% of the total ATK.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

A question for you math nerds out there:

My best dagger is 125 ATK and my best sword is almost double at 224 ATK. When using Dash and Slash, should I use my dagger, or would the sword still be better?

What power of a dagger would I need to equal/surpass the sword?

If you're above the soft cap with buffs with both the dagger and the sword, then the dagger is worth at least 200 more ATK, starting at just above the cap.

If you're below the soft cap with buffs with both the dagger and the sword, then the dagger is worth at most 51 more ATK at just below the cap.

If you're below the soft cap with the dagger and above it with the sword, it gets a little complicated but the dagger is worth somewhere between those two values.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

of loving course

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Managed to snag Shout++ on followup rage pulls, as well as the LMRs for Ramza and Agrias and the BSBs for Marche and Mel. That's definitely a far cry better than Nurse/11. I still really want Agrias's USB, but at this point I'm risking too many dupes and the very last thing I need is more holy FFT swords.

I'm probably going to end up pulling anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

At least you got Battle Cry. Think of all the poor keepers that don't even have old Shout.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ahahaha the animation for Battle Cry is just "Shout, but better" too.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

For those who didn't get what they wanted, everything but Marche's BSB and SSB recurs in the next FFT event.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Adel posted:

Does anyone know what Marche’s USB is coded as? Cuz if it’s Knight that would rule.

Do you mean the damage part? Just physical. Physical SBs don't have an ability type, except for some dragoon SBs that count as jump damage.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

BSB should be on banner 1

Even better, everything but the lovely one.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Geocities Homepage King posted:

The Reddit thread about the banner refers to Marche's USB as a "game changer." Is it really that good?

It gives your entire front row one turn of 3x cast speed every time he uses a knight ability. That's insane.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A cool thing about Ramza's LMR is that if you bring him to a boss that likes to talk a lot at the start (like literally every FFT boss if you bring Ramza), then you actually get to input his first command while the boss is talking and the ATB is paused for zero time loss.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah welcome chainsaw physical teams. It's pretty hilarious how fast things melt when your whole front row has Thunder God Mode even for just 15 seconds.

It might as well be your whole party too, because why the gently caress would you put someone in the back row with a buff like that

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Prism posted:

It only works on physical skills, so there is no reason to move your healer forward.

Edit: beaten

Yeah I guess full party TG mode would be a little too much.

On the other hand, if your "healer" is Ceodore...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Wild, unfounded prediction: we will never see another Cloud SB until they find a way to make Cloud USB power creeped.

Start giving characters an ultra legendary record dive that ends with a break damage limit node.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Man, I have no idea when I wanna burn these potions. On the one hand they're limited items so I wanna hoard em, on the other hand now that I'm up to 140 there's no really stamina-hungry stuff since that big retro dungeonfest ended. And the weekly refills are very cheap.

When in doubt use them on XP dungeons.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bilperkins2 posted:

Which stamp do you recommend? I'm partial to "Fungahhh!" but also have been known to use "..." at times like this.

CHAIN INCOMING!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It actually might be time for a new thread anyway. A lot has changed in the past year.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think a good general rule of thumb is that if there isn't a scrolling list of relics, it's not worth paying full price for. Obviously there are exceptions, like the recent Black Friday pull, but not having a scrolling list means that the pool is way too big to predictably get something useful.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

1. Never always pull
2. Always never pull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FF Record Keeper - Synergy Bonus: Adds Small Chance to Make Good Posts

• Locked thread