Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How does Kuja's BSB measure up? I have no idea when I got it but it's been collecting dust in my inventory ever since. Dark imperil is good, but I don't have many good dark users to take advantage of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What I'm gathering here is that there are a bunch of garbage BSBs from early in the game's life that just do damage, and the good new ones have self buffs and party buffs and instant casts and other cool things.

I remember when I used to think Terra's BSB was good.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, I meant more that I used to think it was the best thing ever, but now I know there's better stuff out there.

So what the gently caress do I do now that I can regularly clear the toughest event fights and I'm getting 60 giant scarletites a week? I don't have enough poo poo to use it on.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vanille's USB completely trivializes the U++ fight, god drat. Wish I had it native.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

it rarely comes into play in serious endgame content but why the gently caress are so many bosses in 13 stuff out of range of melee attacks

Because that's how it was in FF13.

Of course, every character had some sort of ranged attack available, so it didn't really matter there. Here? gently caress you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The game is running like poo poo for me right now. Is this just people swamping the servers before orbfest?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Artic Puma posted:

Wait, should I actually be doing the free pull every day? I thought it was worthless.

The only reason not to do it is the effort it takes to tap the buttons, which is admittedly a pretty good reason considering the chances involved.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I had to S/L for the Ultimate Borgan fight and I accidentally hit cancel instead of OK. 60 stamina I could have spent on orbs :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just did a 50 because I have literally no II relics.

Now I don't feel so bad about losing 60 stamina.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The animation for Kerplode XXXII is as hilarious as its name.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The FF2 U++ is pretty fun, it's kind of the opposite of a dps race because if you push him too hard you'll get super hosed. On the other hand, if you can bring an Mblink you can just ignore the scripted Holy XVI and Starfall XVI and beat him down fast, especially if you can also bring Raines' BSB.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

is there a good place to compare characters by skillset? Like, comparing all dragoon 5s for example? I was using a google doc but it hasn't been updated in months

that said, I do have a bunch of viable thieves so I could probably break Tornado Strike down and not miss much

Tornado Strike is AOE, so it's at least got that going for it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

1/11 Steiner's BSB

Pretty good I think, considering I already have his fire imperil SSB. With Terra and Celes I have a half decent fire team.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

3/33 on the whole thing. Lenna's SSB, Steiner's BSB, and Rydia's BSB. Could be worse, but...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mechanics question: does Ace Striker/Battleforged affect the total SB gain from using Wrath? The PDF says that Wrath gives 36% of a bar, does that mean that with the RMs it would give 54%?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Squall OSB and a dupe Platinum Sword. A month ago I thought I'd never have native Shout.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This dupe Platinum Sword is arguably better used as a rosetta stone for me. I already have like five other, better FFT swords. Which ironically all came from chasing a Platinum Sword.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Anything that doesn't hit its weaknesses (fire, holy, lightning) or soul breaks. Soul breaks never trigger counters.

That being said, the counter chance seems to pretty low.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arbitrary Number posted:

I should've figured.

One of these days there's going to be a CM that absorbs holy and dark damage, just watch.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Philouza posted:

What's the consensus on this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5jy0un/lets_talk_bsb_overall/
And is anyone finding it beneficial to skip a hastega all together if you've got an all-burst team? I'm noticing how little I'm using some of these bursts because I'm squeezing in Wall and Shout/Sheepsong/etc. Looking at this list leads me to run a team of Raines, Alph, Maria, Vaan and Vanille (or swapping out a mage for Faris for the Full Break even though there's some burst ability overlap with Vaan) and just RWing SG.

I've definitely done a few Ultimate fights where I just don't need it. Of course, my only source of hastega right now is Shout, and with good synergy the +50% atk is overkill. I've actually been using Ramza more for his own burst. The built in dispel is good in a lot of situations, and the second command is great for pumping out more powerful soul breaks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

My biggest problem with this list is how low all the imperils are. Otherwise it's a fairly useful source. Also note the links to individual category rankings.

To be fair, the list was made several months ago, before imperils could stack and not overwrite. They're a lot more valuable now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sega 32X posted:

Are Edge and Yuffie's BSBs really that great? I pulled both in various lucky draws recently but have only used them against water weak bosses. I guess I haven't really used ninjas, how can I make them better than, say, Locke w/his BSB?

Ninjas are kind of tricky to use because some of their attacks use ATK for mainstat and some use MAG. Fortunately, the latter have a very low soft cap (370), and ninja weapons usually have MAG on them anyway. They also ignore enemy RES, which makes them get better as fights get tougher. Hit the soft cap through stats and buffs, and then stack as many damage multipliers as you can. They really shine when they can exploit an elemental weakness.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sheepsong, Sabin's SSB, and Relm's BSB, no dupes.

Pretty good considering my only healing BSB up to this point was White Materia.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alphinaud SSB and 2x OK SSB

pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Got my first PVP kill today because I didn't think that Memento Mori was reflectable. RIP that Vanille I guess.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is Full Break all four breaks or all four beakdowns? Want to know if I should create the breakdown abilities or if I'm good with just Full Break.

Full Break is weaker than the Breakdown abilities, but you're going to want to make them regardless because they all stack.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just found out that there's going to be nothing for Agrias on the next FFT banner. Time to dump all my mythril on Anniversary 4 and pray I don't get a million OK rods.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Thinking I should back out from the realm dungeons for now and spend all of my stamina on leveling with orbfest while it's around. I need to level some people I have soul breaks for and am starting to have trouble in realms due to lack of flexibility available. The III-18 dungeon where you fight Leviathan just kicked my rear end. Leviathan took out my lower leveled shellga caster before I got a turn and then literally drowned the team.

What's the most efficient exp per stamina difficulty? Also the exp earned is shared between people who can gain experience, right? So I should use 4 capped characters to powerlevel one rookie?

Level capped characters still draw from the XP pool, even if they don't benefit from it, unless they're dead or petrified when the battle ends.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I spent the rest of my mythril and did two more pulls, and got a Saintly Excalibur and a Durandal. That's pretty good, but I just wanted something for Agrias :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I could probably squeeze out another 50 pull before the banner goes away if I grinded out some story dungeons. Do the anniversary record missions only count for the normal mode dungeons, or will I get credit for doing the elite version?

e: classic only apparently :negative:

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 2, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just the two separate buffs, although there are some soul breaks that apply both at the same time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You guys are killing me. I spent 150 mythril on Banner 4 and got nothing for Agrias, and there's nothing coming up for her in the forseeable future, other than maybe some DU pulls.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tactics characters have the advantage of being relatively new additions to the game, so they don't have the same problems as older characters that have extremely limited skill sets or a bunch of garbage unique soul breaks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HPanda posted:

I would really love it if they took a balancing pass at certain characters at some point. Crap like Dragoon 2* is a freaking tease. 1* White Magic is even worse. I get giving characters just a taste of a skill for thematic reasons, but c'mon. Even Shantotto, who as far as I'm aware is pure black mage, gets Monk 4*.

I think I read somewhere that this is a joke based on her trust actions in FF11. She blows all her MP on the most powerful spells, and then resorts to punching. I've never played FF11 so that's just hearsay.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nope, but apparently it gets affected by stoneskin shields. Instead of setting the character's HP to 1, it does damage equal to (current HP - 1), and that damage gets applied to the shield first.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They're a lot easier than single stage 160 fights, so don't worry about it too much.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Praise DeNA, I finally got something for Agrias. I would have preferred her BSB over her OSB because I don't have any holy imperil, but I'll take what I can get.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

How comparable are Shout and Vessel of Fate?

Shout is hastega and +50% ATK, VOF is hastega and +30% ATK/MAG. The stat buffs stack together, so it's not a bad idea to bring both, but you end up wasting the hastega on one of them.

If you've got a platinum sword but don't have Ramza, definitely pop a hero soul and grab him ASAP. Shout is really good at the stage you're at.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

On the topic of team composition, while I'm probably sticking with my 4/5 IX team until I finish Rose of May (might even level Quina and swap them in to replace Tyro), I'm wondering if I can make a better team. Here's my profile; Beatrix is obviously going to be a permanent team member, between her BSB, her being one of my favorite characters, and her just being really, really good, and Eiko's probably staying until I get a better healer SB, but I'm not sure about the others. Based on SBs, my DPS options are Cloud, Zidane, Bartz, Steiner, and Kuja, among others, while for Support I have Tyro, Faris, and Quina. The former I can probably mix and match as needed, but the latter three I'm having trouble with. Tyro I don't have a great SB for besides SG, Quina's kind of weird and relatively limited, and Faris I... Don't have at all. I have her BSB, but not the character or her crystals.

Given their BSBs being Full Breaks combined with lesser breaks, Faris and Quina both seem like they could replace Tyro eventually, if Wall isn't as important now, but how do the three compare? Also, any other advice based on what I have, I suppose?

You can grab Faris's MC1 and MC2 from the WOFF event right now, real easy. Definitely keep Tyro around, because Wall is really important at the stage you're at. It will let you beat tougher fights and get more resources and generally keep the snowball rolling. I'd go with a team of Tyro, Eiko, Faris, Beatrix, and your favorite DPS character. Probably not Kuja because it doesn't look like you have any good mage support options. What SBs do you have for the physical DPS?

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Well, let's see. The big ones are Cloud's OSB, Zidane's SSB, Bartz's SSB, and, uh, I guess Steiner and Amarant's SSBs? Plus assorted regular SBs, including some more for Zidane (I think I have three or four of his relics). Cloud and Zidane (and I guess Bartz) seem like the ones who are winning there, really, by far. Cloud because of his OSB, and Zidane because he's, well, Zidane, and gets a lot of cool stuff (though I think he probably still loses to Cloud without his own BSB/OSB, and if I bring Faris and her BSB in his SSB is a lot less useful).

Definitely Cloud. Grab a Shout RW, and stack as much +ATK (up to 467 with Shout) and +wind on him as you can. Also try to get Lifesiphon honed up to R2 or R3.

• Locked thread