Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dr Pepper posted:

Onion Knight's BSB stacks with Shout. Run both, laugh.

Also, time to build up Mythril for it. I want that Fire Amulet.

Onion Knight's BSB is pretty much Maria's Song with different commands and Hastega in place of Enholy. There's a bunch of stackable +30%s out there in JP meta now.

Also, I want to justify blowing 100 mythril for a Red Armlet +++ and two more shots at SG. I really want to. I just am not sure I can. Especially since in order to do so I'd have to be saving up for two or three months and there are much, much better banners coming down the wire.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

...well, it was a fun few weeks having 100% RM's collected but that's not going to happen again for a few months!

Try "ever". To this date, JP has more MC3s available than MC3 Lodes distributed, and they keep adding more at an exponential rate. And I did the heretical thing and used my Lode on Ramza since he's on my A-team for pretty much ever if I run physical. I don't care if Luneth makes getting the others easier, I don't use Luneth.

Speaking of my A-team, though, I said "gently caress Cid Missions" and just physicalled the hell out of the three ultimates. Shout/Maria's Song/Dreamstage/Combat King + Lifebane/Reunion. :getin: Had a few issues with Diamond Weapon focus-firing people when I was trying to plink open his core, but made it through with little issues.

For those aiming to CM it, mage meta with Hope BSB RW is absolutely the way to go; Divine Judgement tears the guy apart and you don't have to worry about whether its chest is closed or open.

Shoenin posted:

So when are the next batch of MC III's coming out?

and the next batch? and so on

We get 14-15 (so roughly one for each game, give or take) about monthly from here on out, if JP's schedule is stuck to.

We get one MC3 Lode an event, in the U+ battle rewards.

I'm not sure about characters getting specific MC3s, as far as I know that's only happened for OK and Orlandu.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 10, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Plus you're guaranteed at least one of the pull relics, so.

No, you're just guaranteed a 5*, it can be off-banner garbage still.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

I think there's a fair bit of RNG with Diamond Weapon. If he just spams magic at you, you're probably going to be fine, especially with fire resist items. But if you get stomped on repeatedly, you're in a world of pain.

Yeah, Stamp Out is ~1100 damage AoE after Full Break/Protectga/Wall, or about 4000 AoE unmitigated. And fucker loves to spam it in his middle phase. Can't really forgo Magic Breakdown for the boss, either, since no amount of Wall or Protect will stop most of his magic attacks.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sprite141 posted:

So with all this talk about luneth and his rm3, I decided to look at his future buffs. Now I'm confused as to why everyone is saying never use him again. He gets dragoon 5* right off the bat, alongside 4* darkness. Plus he can record drive for 5* spellblade, darkness (well who cares about this honestly) and 4* support. Dude is a beast.

Plus I got his advance during the last tyro select so he's gonna be swole as gently caress. Kinda makes dark bargain useless, but hey it's still dark damage.

FF3 gets very few events and thus very few relics/chances at relics, Luneth has poo poo-tier RES (I forget if he or Fran has game-worst outside of cores but it's a close running), and unless you're doing a CM (again - very few FF3 events means very few CMs) he basically loses outright to Gilgamesh as a 'goon, Celes as a Spellblader, or the Dark Knights (Leon/Gabranth) as a Darkness user.

He's perfectly solid and the Gungnir is going to be an outstanding consolation prize for people gunning for OK Banner 1, he just falls short of most people's A-teams, the same way Vaan does if you don't have his BSB. His inability to take a magical hit is the most damning part.

Also, fun fact: Dark Bargain and Advance have separate attribute IDs! They stack. :science:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 11, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Man they really love Penelo's SSB for some reason. Her BSB hasn't even returned on non-fest banners since its debut.

Her BSB is really oddly offense-based (25p medica command and SB-level nuke command) with an attached cura medica whereas her SSB is a curaga medica. So. (Also, her SSB weapon gives +Holy.)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I'm totally all about attacking white mages tbh. Selphie has opened my eyes; she does more damage than like half my team, her BSB attack command owns. I wish the healing command was a medica instead of a single target curaja + regen, but mag/mnd faithga for the whole party plus really respectable holy damage on the level of Pencil BSB is making her more and more valuable to my team. She obliterated dragon zombie almost on her own.

If a BSB like that works for you, consider pulling on the second Larsa banner for Penelo's burst then, especially if you have her SSB (the weapon gives +Holy damage) - instead of the +MAG/MND on entry it's a medica (albeit only a Cura one) with the damage, the first command offers a +MND buff instead of Selphie's dispel, and the second command's medica is... not as strong as a shared, so you're looking at barely scraping four digits, but it's spammable if that's your thing.

If you don't have Penelo's SSB, though, consider Banner 1 for it instead. Again, +holy on the Selphie Burst you already have is just :getin:

The bonus with Penelo's is that Penelo can do things other than healbotting if you decide to run double white mages; Dancer 5 means you don't really need to bring along a supportbot in those cases.

EDIT:

SageAcrin posted:

I think Diamond is less harder and more utterly and totally different to the point of requiring basically a different team if you didn't just powder Dragon Zombie.

Now, I heard Meltigemini in the event upcoming is supposed to be meaner, and looked up a few videos.

So how do you guys feel about going through two 100k no-weakness lifebars of MT magic spamming Ultimate+ defenses jerks just to reach the ignore defenses spamming U++ Diamond Weapon-like at the end(who still has 180k life, but at least has two good weaknesses)? Who also has a defense hitting spell that hits like a truck, and counters everything randomly with ignore defenses physicals?

I really cannot imagine me beating that at my hones level. Clowns are scary. :smith:

From what I can tell, Meltigemini has very few gimmicks, is the thing. Yeah, it's a hone/gear check - especially for the CM, if you don't have one of the handful of FF9 hastegas and at least some form of damage boost, you're gonna have a real bad time - you want a Wall RW to soak up those Bios, for sure. But past that there's no roadblocks, just a damage race.

There's certainly no open/closed core shenanigans if you want to go in there with a physical A-team and curbstomp them.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 12, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

The Medica command should easily break four digits considering the MAG/MND buff and that Penelo can buff her own MND with command 1.

Also Evanescence does boost MAG/MND, but it's a 15% boost compared to Selphie's 30%. It just does a lot of things half-heartedly - Cura entry, and both the buff and the initial damage are weaker than Selphie's.

Oh, it does? I'd missed that in the BSB description. Yeah, with a good staff and both a +15% MAG/MND and +15% MND, you should get decent shared-medica level healing on the second command.

The penalty is that it does a whole lof of things "meh", then. That and the inability for anyone to talk about the SB without wanting to make stupid jokes about how they can't wake up.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Punisher (Fang SSB) and Raines' Gloves (Raines SSB). Not a bad pull, for drat sure; an Imperil Holy will go nicely with Celes's Lightbringer. :getin:

I'm a little :psyduck: that the gloves are an actual mage fist, though; who can use MAG-oriented fists other than Raines, Reno, and Red XIII? (Tyro excepted, of course.)

EDIT: I suppose there's an argument to be made for handing them off to ninjaspell-Yuffie, if nothing else.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 12, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oh my god, these squashy, badly-proportioned images for the FFT realms are causing me physical discomfort.

Did anyone play the game looking like that? I know the PSP's aspect ratio isn't that hosed, at least.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

Someone has never seen the actual line art for FFT, I see.

Nah, I'm not talking about the in-battle sprites, those are fine.

It's the game screencaps they use for the menu background/menu thumbnails that's a royal mess.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

Now that I'm thinking about it, my primary team for FF13 is sort of hybrid leaning towards Mage, so the Sirius Sidearms are actually a pretty solid boon (ha) to it. But it also conflicts with Vanille's Protect-granting Medica, so I'd probably throw in someone different unless I wanted to do a Cid Mission.

It doesn't conflict, per se - it's a redundancy, sure, but that just means you have double the reason to never pack Protectga. Oerba's Boon is still a medica, and Godsend is still a High Regen + Faithga.

It's not like how Shout conflicts with War Dance; in that case you end up having to choose between a weaker Boostga and medica or a stronger Boostga and Hastega. Running both just has the weaker overlapping the stronger any time you try to heal.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

"fun" fact I learned today: thanks to all that core SB gear having FF3 synergy, it seems like there's a lot of FF3 trash in the gacha, but there's only four 3* weapons (two fists, one throwing weapon, and one staff) and six 3* pieces of armor (three helms, two heavy armor) in the FF3 realm. If you don't have any relics, Ingus and Luneth literally do not have a single piece of synergy 5* weaponry they can use.

Assumedly, the Shock Dagger III and Wightslayer III we got in the Desch/Dissidia events will get a third piece each in upcoming events. Maybe. Hopefully.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 12, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

You have to Dive for Dragoon 5*, but Mog can do the White/Dancer role.

Freya can do Breakdowns, and Kimahri can do that too if you Dive him.

So a typical Goon Squad would look like:

Mog (Dragoon 5* sphere'd, used for WHM coverage)
Freya (for Support 4* and Enwind/Sky High synergy)
Gilgamesh (Knight coverage)
RicardNamed Core Dragoon (since it's his SSB we're talking about)
and Cid VII (for his Shout clone/Machinist access)

It's... passable. Requires a decent amount of relics to get working well, though. Kimahri could sub for Freya if you need Magic Blink and Kain/Luneth/Fang could sub wherever for DPS.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

For those considering spending all your mythril on the Celes/Locke banners in next week's event in Japan, don't forget that we're getting a World of Final Fantasy cross-promotion event with new characters and new relics for those characters the following week. As a reminder, the last two times an event has introduced a pair of new characters for a brand new realm, we got the first FF14 banner and the first FFT banner. I expect them to push the envelope again for WoFF.

Hell, even if they give it the respect the Mobius banners did, it'd be great. Wol and Echo aren't the greatest characters, but their flaws aren't in their relics, in the slightest.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schwartzcough posted:

Bummer. Depending on how far you are, you might want to just level up Fusoya instead of the core White and Black mages (in the future, not necessarily right now). Fusoya's RM2 works as both a black magic and a white magic spring, and he's a real character you could actually use instead of core garbage.

On the other hand, BLM RM2 and WHM RM2 are guaranteed stage drops, not random. If you have them level broken, you can get them at any time.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Tactics Advance/A2 would probably just use FFT synergy, like how XIII-2/3 and X-2 used XIII and X synergy. This also means they probably won't do Realm dungeons based on those.

The real question is will they decide to give us Marche/Montblanc before or after they start scraping the FFT named-character barrel with, say, Rafa and Malak?

EDIT: actual edit moved to its own post

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 14, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

IcePhoenix posted:

I have 91 mythril and I can't decide if I want to 11 pull on Eiko 1 or Larsa 1 :( (50 is reserved for Eiko 2 so I can't do both). Or I guess I could pull on neither and save for something in the future but I don't know what's coming up.

I personally feel like Larsa 1 has better relics but also slightly worse relics? It's a bigger gamble than Eiko 1, where the worst you can get that's actually on the banner is Excalibur IX. Larsa 1 has Strahl Strafe and both Ashe/Vaan BSBs, but unless you have Ashe's BSB or one of Lightning's many same-elemental bursts, Fran's Imperil-based SSB2 is slightly worse than her full-break SSB and Gabranth's armor is Physical Dark which... :geno: It's good, but it's not amazing.

That said, I'd personally roll Larsa 1 over Eiko 1, just because my 9 synergy is better than my 12 and Strahl Strafe would be really, really nice to have what with Meltdown existing and all.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Lightbringer and Wizard Rod from the 11-pull. Lightbringer seems badass, Wizard Rod seems very meh, especially since I've got Selphie with Dreamstage. But now I've got this and Garnet's BSB dagger, so I guess I'll have to level her up some day.

Wizard Rod is a Hastega and a +RES that stacks with Shell as opposed to being Shell. And heavy regen, to boot.

Never shrug off a Hastega, especially for Cid Mission purposes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

superloosegoose posted:

Who should I pair quina with to make a lovely shout?

I got lenna and zack and eiko

Lenna's Hastega has a boost conflict, her +30% boost on Flames of War will interfere with Quina's +50% on Frog Drop.

Honestly, Zack seems like the best option there to me.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It's a bit weird to use because it doesn't synergize with boostga very well, but you can make it work. It combos really well with something like Trueblade of Legend that buffs your defense (not to mention wall!), and if you stick a reforged 8* armor on Steiner he can do some pretty respectable damage with it. That's pretty much the only build Aegis Strike is good with, too!

Yeah, you need to use it like you would Armor Strike or Aegis Strike. Build for DEF over ATK, stack with +DEF buffs, Wall, Protect, Draw Fire, etc, and just go ham.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sesquiculus posted:

428 mind wall! Guess I shouldn't have complained about pulling so many brushes and tiaras while looking for Lightbringer. ID is KjSF.

:ssh: I'm pretty sure that Wall is a fixed 25s duration and is unaffected by MND.

Still a drat solid healer there, though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dr Pepper posted:

Also, why is it non-elemental? At least if they had made it Holy Element it could have benified from the sword that gives it and elemental weaknesses.

Yeah, I'd honestly thought it was Holy Element when I'd first tried to defend it; then it would just be a souped up Aegis Strike. As it is... :geno:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Climhazzard was Excalibur-learned in FFIX and it's non-elemental. Credit to them for sticking to the source when designing that element of the SB, viability be damned. The question is where the DEF equation part comes in because it didn't work like that in FFIX. I guess something has to be low tier.

Well, it makes more sense on someone like Steiner who is designed to be a sky-high DEF unit, than on one of the more attack-oriented Knights like Beatrix or Agrias.

All things considered, though, if we minmax like that it really should've been on Edgar or Cecil.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Did Reddit ever publish data on the drop rate for Ragnarok? Because if the rate for 6* relics is actually .1%, then a bunch of people either got crazy lucky or chased it really hard because plenty of people seem to have it.

I'm pretty sure on-banner relics is actually the same 1% for OSBs as they formerly were for SSBs/are for BSBs.

Off-banner 6* relics are actually a .001% chance, if memory serves, if not lower. I don't remember the exact numbers, just that it's rarer than getting a normal Unique/Super/Burst relic off-banner. So if someone tells you they got a Ragnarok from the Eiko banners, burn the witch

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

I really wish people would stop complaining about the BSB's they pull.

Unless it's Trigger Happy. Trigger Happy is pretty unhappy. :v:

(But nah, even it's solid as hell and was the entire reason I CM'd the Magus Sister mote battle.)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dr Pepper posted:

One major Mage Relic I can think of that's coming soon is Maria's BSB. En-Earth (Which will be better with an incoming line of Stone spells, including Chain Stonega). With her burst commands being a Magic version of Thieves Revenge and a unique +MAG/-DEF buff.

Maria's BSB and Rinoa's BSB both benefit from Guy's SSB on the same banner; having an Enelement and an Imperil on the same banner is always a sign of a solid pair of relics. (See also Vivi's BSB and Steiner's good SSB on the second Eiko banner)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CaptainPsyko posted:

You'll want to start targeting the +20% damage materia.

First off, Ricard's +20% attack (Dragoon's Determination) and Vivi's +20% Mag (Devotion) are uniquely overpowered and haven't been repeated. Both are must grabs, but I'm pretty sure you can get both from realm rewards and then farming for a drop, no lodes needed.

After that, focus on +20%'s for weapon types and schools you use a lot. Decil and Beatrix for swords. Cyan and Sephiroth for Katana. Edgar for Spears. Irvine for Guns. Leila and Locke for daggers. Agrias for Knight. Paine and Celes for Spellblades. Shadow for Ninja. You get the idea. There are more.

"Significantly increases damage" is +20% on weapons and +30% on skill sets, mostly to balance out that the weapon damage boost happens with everything the character does, including basic attacks and SBs. Some SBs are coded right for the +damage (and/or doublecast) procs to kick in, particularly burst commands, but it's pretty rare, most SBs are NAT or PHY.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Meltigemini is a pure damage race and I honestly don't see how anyone's expected to CM it without Garnet SSB/Vivi BSB native plus a RW'd wall.

Of course, the weakness to fire means that Vivi BSB makes it easy once you get to that point; both his BSB commands and Meltdown will utterly shred the boss's HP.

You could concievably do it without Wall, if you didn't mind near-constant 3000-HP Bio ganks.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Benthalus posted:

And if not, its a Rosetta stone.

Yeah, there's a few 5*s that are still literal bottom of the trash bin; Behemoth Knife and Genji Shield IV come to mind. Organics/Ogre Nix VI, too.

Most of them will be good synergy for whatever realm they're in, though, if nothing else.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You're really making me regret getting Luneth first

Oh well maybe I get some Luneth equipment off the Onion Knight banner

Also keep in mind that the breakeven point doesn't take into account orbfests.

Honestly, I only grabbed Luneth second because after Ramza, I'd have to dip into my B-or-lower Teams anyway until the second wave, so why not do it now as opposed to when non-protags are begging for the MC3s?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

Apparently in JP, on 20/10, people will get a Witch Staff and and a Pumpkin Hat. Possibly FF VI.

I think last time around they moved our items to match our event at the time (FF XIII), so maybe our items are FF II.

II and IX are equally likely, I'd wager, unless they just make it VI synergy For Reasons like they did the Christmas stuff and its VII synergy.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hoo boy. I want to start by saying that my mindset towards Cid Missions is :fireman:, so I can't really help with specifics on that. (My advice would be "skip the CM, use your A-team").

1) R1 Meltdown under an Enfire Burst (such as Vivi's BSB, hint) will probably do ~18-24k for each of its uses. It's nice, but you'd have to clear both the Meltdown nightmare (which is Not Pleasant) and the Ultima nightmare to get the black crystals for it, if memory serves, and after those two solid hits it's a dead slot. I might be lowballing those numbers a bit, but in all honesty, 60k on Melti's 160k is only really worth paying attention to if you've only got one or two damage dealers - ideally you want to rush Melti down from 100%-50% in less than three of his turns, and then 50%-0% in less than three more. tl;dr: if you're using Vivi's burst then it's nice, but if you're using Vivi's burst then you can just use his burst commands. Meltdown is a great spell but don't feel forced to rush it.

2) Vivi and Eiko's BSBs both are great for this, and Beatrix's SSB provides a little breathing room with its MBlink. That said, you can RW Vivi BSB if you think you can rush down Melti before it starts throwing Bio murder everywhere. The +50% RES from Divine Guardian, while a solid help, still turns 3000 damage AoEs to 2000 damage AoEs with Magic Breakdown/Full Break. Use the normal pulling caveats; pull if you want to, don't pull if you don't. Is it worth risking an offbanner or Steiner Excalibur?

3) Absolutely hone up Alexander. It's the only non-SB way of inflicting Holy damage with the MAG stat. There's other ways, of course, but they're all tied to SBs either via burst commands or the breaks themselves. In addition, more AoE spells is always good. As far as Chain Firaga, it's nice to have, but use the same mentality of all the other 5* Chain skills for prioritizing - do you have an Imperil or Enelement for that 5*'s element? If so, prioritize honing it up, if not, maybe consider holding off. As with Meltdown, the important thing with Meltigemini is quick burst damage.

CaptainPsyko posted:

At a first glance, consider using both wizard rods and Vivi burst RW's. Quina's with needle fork, Beatrix spamming Lifesiphon in P1-> SB/Saints Cross in P2, with Quina doing support things and one slot left for a healer.

In general, Meltman is going to benefit from an overwhelming offense strategy. You want to nuke one of the twins within 5 rounds to prevent their meteors, then kill the second while a Magic Breakdown is casting along with all the holy and fire damage you can muster. If you can get him below 50% HP before his third turn, his script resets. Kill him before his 5th turn, and you'll literally never see his Bio.

This goon has the right idea, I believe.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Beasteh posted:

How on earth did they lose 3 billion yen.

They didn't, if I'm reading right - they're taking a 3 billion yen loss in damages by closing down these offices. Which is technically worse since they decided this was the more reasonable option.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I mean, that's, what, 30 million dollars?

Severance and continuation of benefits and whatever other obligations they might have to some 300 US employees can easily eat up a significant chunk of that right off the front.

At current exchange rates, it comes to about 29 mil, yeah. Not just the layoffs, either; the cost of liquidating their assets in San Francisco of all places isn't going to be cheap.

Still, that implies that it was a lesser cost than keeping the subsidiaries running.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

bilperkins2 posted:

Would that work well with a Tyro healer? I've avoided bringing Ramza and Tyro together (have SG and Shout) since that would leave only two slots for DPS, or would lose my medica. If Tyro was a healer and RW'd my medica, that might be very interesting...

Curaja has high enough base power that as long as Tyro packs synergy +MND gear he'll do just fine as your white mage. I wouldn't recommend it ungeared, mind you, and he loses about 500-1000 per heal over a dedicated WHM (like 3800 vs someone like Selphie healing for 4500), but for most content you'd either use the medica for big heals or wouldn't need big heals.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

Didn't even know the new Nightmare dungeons were tonight.

The Lucky Relic Draw for White Magic isn't even half-price? Pass. Even though not all the relics on that banner are strictly healing-related, I don't think it's worth it right now after pulling Eiko's Hamelin

Nightmare banners from here on out are themed normal banners with infinite pulls. Half-off Lucky Draws will be used for other things.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So what makes it a "lucky" banner anyway? Higher drop rates? And is this one worth pulling on? I only have 60 mythril saved up so far and I want to definitely pull on Onion Knight, Alphinaud, and the XIII banner that are coming up, with maybe one or two others that look pretty cool. I still have quite a few regular and elite dungeons to do also, so I have some extra mythril coming in from there.

Any 5* you get is a SB/SSB/BSB relic, and in this case will always be for someone with WHT5. Same ~14% chance for a 5* as normal banners.

The "lucky" part comes from the fact that there's no "unlucky" off-banner/generic 5*s in the pool. (Mild disclaimer that some relics are still wet farts, like, say, Healing Grimoire.)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

Not easier. Hot Potato is super loving easy. It's just not especially interesting.

Is there any reason to explicitly bring Hastega or Wall if you're playing Hot Potato? I'm one of the ones unfortunate enough to not have Wall native, and my hastegas are all on non-WHT5 characters. Brute-forcing it might be feasible but it seems boring in an entirely different fashion than the "intended" way, plus I don't think two Sheepsong casts will be enough if I'm relying purely on summons; I grossly underestimated just how high the Guardian's RES was.

(Edit: For the record, my medicas are Dreamstage, Healing Wind, Flames of Rebirth, Intercession, and both Oerba's Boon and Miracle Prayer. Any recs on which to use? I know FoR is good in this case for if you mistime the hot potatos, at least.)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

What is going on with the programming in this game, anyway? My phone is newish and not weak specs-wise (Oneplus 3) and I'll get creamy smooth 60fps in maybe one fight a week, randomly. I know the game is capable of it, it just seems to almost never actually use my phone's power.

The Droid port is a victim of a sloppy porting that isn't always well-optimized. It runs a lot better on iOS, but that doesn't much help your own situation.

• Locked thread