Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Well that U+ CM was a pain in the rear end with virtually no synergy or SBs.

Managed to get reflect up before she used Blink thanks to the Raw Power RM, but I still missed a bunch of times. What's worse, the blinks reflected onto my party didn't seem to help me dodge a single one of her attacks, but it made it almost impossible to clear statuses because I'd keep missing my own guys. Both Shouts ran out at about 33% health left, and then my hones ran out, and then it was just a horrible slog and I almost died. But I won without pulling on the banner, so HA! (oh god please be gentle Mote dungeon).

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah I didn't think of that either. Nothing else seems to be that great as far as holy bursts on top of that. Cecil's is hampered by the fact that everyone's going to be in the back row, plus the lenses seem to have pretty high defense, and Hope's BSB does pathetic damage. The first burst command is really good but using it on Evrae Altana results in a counter Tail Screw so that's unpleasant. Probably the best RW to bring would be MG VIII or Sheepsong (even though it won't increase Diaga's damage). Basically just something to put haste on the party.

What about Aerith's BSB? It's an AoE holy damage + curaga SB, and the bursts are a single-target curaja (also harms undead) that boosts MND by 30%, and a cure-medica.

Edit: or yeah, Minwu's BSB is even better.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

kalensc posted:

Nice, you def skipping the banner? What's your current stash and next few planned 11x pulls?

I'm going to try skipping it, anyway. However, the II mote dungeon looks perfectly designed to not work well with the FFII cast. Multi-target in a realm with no summoners or dancers (or Samurai, because Firion didn't get his buff for some reason). Two of the targets are vulnerable to sleep but there are no Ninjas or Bards. So I dunno, that mission might be rough.

And I'm down to 458 mythril after some pretty bad pulls. In both Global and Japan I'm just getting 1/11s left and right, so I just kinda want to not pull again ever. But I'm aiming at Larsa 1 for 50-100 mythril, then probably Tidus OSB 1 for a long-shot at his OSB, then maybe Kain 2? My IV synergy is still pretty bad.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Considering they haven't included a single summon from FFXII in the game, it's kind of insulting/funny.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Finally a big pull!

Granted, that's two for Strago who I'll probably never use, but still, it's gonna be a 6* rod. Also, I now have every single one of Fang's SBs without ever having pulled for one. I now have 5 distinct 5* spears for XIII.... how useful.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

This mote CM is the worst thing in this game. It's a dick move specifically designed to require abilities that the FFII cast doesn't have access to. What a piece of poo poo.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

loving FINALLY! God, that was the worst RNG garbage I've ever had to deal with in this game- the 30% status spells are such worthless garbage that most certainly do NOT work 30% of the time.

Don't let pride lead you into oblivion, friends- just let the two Major Black Orbs go. It's not worth it.

Unless you have good FFII synergy, I guess, in which case go wild.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

And don't think you're all set once you get them to sleep - they only stay asleep for maybe 3-4 turns. You basically need to continue spamming sleep abilities at them to keep them that way.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I hope all you jerks pulling Vaan's BSB are happy with yourselves! :mad:

Also, preliminary information on the WoFF banner has been dug up. Looks like a single banner with:

Laan OSB - 1xST Overflow physical dmg, Instant Death 100%, multiplier increases if Reynn is in party.
Lann BSB - 6xAoE Fire/Non-ele physical dmg, EnFire, Burst Mode
Reynn BSB - 6xAoE Ice/Non-ele summon magic dmg, EnIce, Burst Mode
Lann SSB - 0CT 8xST random physical dmg, multiplier increases inversely from remaining HP %, Stun 100%
Reynn SSB - 8xST Thunder/Non-ele summon magic dmg, party Haste

Plus another BSB, two SSBs, and a SB, for Yuna, Faris, Lightning, and Sarah, who are given out in the event. Not sure which relics, though. The burst commands for the new relics aren't known, but the icons look like standard single target/multi-target fire and ice abilities, respectively.

Honestly it doesn't look like an amazing banner so far (relative to what Japan's getting on the regular), but guess we'll see what the other relics are and what the burst commands actually do.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

We just don't have enough information yet. A lot of the value of banners can come from details like what elements the equipment boosts, ability potency, or the burst ability effects, if any. I mean, an EnIce magic BSB could easily be top tier if it has some sort of self-mag boosting or high potency abilities like Ashe's BSB. But yeah, at the very least it's got an OSB and 3 BSBs, which is way better than what we typically get in global. I'm as excited about Larsa 1 as the next guy, but it's got 2 BSBs and the rest is SSB and normal SBs. That's a not-insignificant difference.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Oct 27, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

100 gem - 3*
11-pull 1:

Another freakin' off-banner. So sick of those, god drat.

11-pull 2:

Well, Balthier's gun is pretty good. I still shouldn't have pulled twice, though, and didn't get either BSB. Le sigh.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The whack-a-monster is the best web minigame they've done yet.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Two pulls got me Gabranth's Hauberk and Stoneblade. Didn't really want to pull again with two dupes so I did the debuff lucky draw and got Kagenui. It fulfilled the primary objective of getting more XII synergy, but boy is that kind of an underwhelming result for 125 mythril.

For those keeping track, now all four of my post-G5 pulls have been 1/11. After going like 5/77 in the pulls I made since Soul Breakout. :suicide:

That most definitely sucks. Sorry man.

Varance posted:

This more than makes up for a bad pull on the support banner:

The imperil-lightning and the lightning BSB in the same pull. Man, you suck (but congrats).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well the good news is I still have almost 400 mythril left and I only have to wait another week to pull again. But yeah, after hardly spending at all for months this was not the result I was hoping for.

I hear ya. I saved up over 500 mythril for months, and I've mostly been getting 1/11s with weak relics up until this last lucky draw (which had 5 relics even if none of them were all that good).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

What are some good abilities to throw on Fang? Right now I've got her running 2x Sky High R1, which is nice but unsustainable for long fights. I do not have the crystals to hone 6* stuff, unfortunately, or I'd shatter one and buff the other.

What SB do you have for her? I assume you have something or wouldn't be asking. I mean, probably Lifesiphon to get her BSB going, and maybe Sky High if you have a round or two when not using burst commands. If you have her SSB, probably lifesiphon and Dragoon Dive honed to R3 or so.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

IllegallySober posted:

This just happened to me too. Guess Wakka's my new Support when needed. Stacks with Full Break/Multi-Break, or no?

Congrats!

Adel posted:

Thanks for the reply. Is the initial debuff the same ID as full breakdown/multi break or do they stack? I wonder if his BSB could replace the need to bring defensive breaks.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

It is the same ID as Full Break/Multi Break, yes, so you can't stack those but the Burst commands are Power Breakdown and Magic Breakdown so there is no need to bring defensive breakdowns at all. Unfortunately, Wakka's skillset pretty much means that you're opening up Armor/Mental Breakdown and Affliction Break. Still, AoE Full Breakdown is nothing to scoff at.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The only banner we've seen yet in JP with more than one OSB was OSBfest banner 4, and one of them was Tyro's very "ehhhhhh" OSB.

The banner format will change soon to 3 BSB or 1 OSB/2 BSB per banner and has not yet changed from that in Japan. OSBfest banners are the only ones that have had 1 OSB/3 BSB or 2 OSB/2 BSB.

Actually at least the last several events have had a 1 OSB & 3 BSB banner format. Like so: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5b20by/destroyer_of_light_and_dark_jp_megathread_iii/

I haven't dug back to see when the change occurred, but it's been that way for at least the current III event and the previous IX event.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

IllegallySober posted:

Sorry I took this pull from someone else since I already have one of these :(

The Cuirass is pretty nice too, I think.

Don't combine the Ragnaroks, right?

Ugh, pulls like this making me waver on not pulling. I could really use more V and VIII synergy, but I just know I'll end up with old VII junk...

But no, I wouldn't combine the swords. That sword has 167 atk when fully upgraded, while my Excalibur (IX)+ with 19 rosetta stones only has 156 ATK.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Bob Locke posted:

Wizard Staff (VII)
Wizer Rod (VII)
Bartz's Cloak (V)
Gold Barette (VII) Rosetta Stone

Cool, synergy armor with en-element, with that and Air Knife Bartz will be a wind god. That BSB looks really meh though, probably gonna stick with Relm SSB. Wish one of the commands did damage instead of... +Mind? Why?

drat good for 25 mythril though. Might be able to field a mage team in VII now. Aren't raise medicas pretty decent for Multiplayer? Guess I can look forward to that.

Don't discount any BSB medica with a spammable medica command. Being able to heal your whole team every turn for like 6 turns in a row (the medica SB itself, followed by 5 uses of the medica command) is very powerful and beats out the high regen from Relm's SSB by a fair margin.

Also, yeah... sorry everybody. I don't know what this country is thinking, or how so many people could think this was a good idea.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 9, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

Did FFRK Central mention anything about not putting up datamined enemy stats? For the last few events (DU 26, Our Story, Golden Arena) they've neglected to put anything up, and I wasn't certain if this was just temporary or a result of DeNA locking down the game data.

I just asked the webmaster. He said "That's because the latest update borked my backend. I've been working like a madmen to figure out the new encryption and get it back. I'm working on it as we speak. Reverse engineering is fun (not)." He says he's close to figuring it out, though, so fingers crossed.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Zurai posted:

I have no idea what he's talking about because there is no encryption on the JSON on either the global or Japanese clients. I just loaded up a stage in the FFX event to be sure and it's 100% pure unencrypted data.

Yeah, I couldn't tell if the issue was the 'real' encryption people had been getting worried about, or some other change that resulted in his automated back-end data collection not getting the data correctly anymore. :shrug:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Pander posted:

just Lenna's Sage Staff on the Lucky Draw.

It's a medica w/heavy regen, which is okay, but I already had sheepsong so it's not a tremendous help. I don't think any future CM is possible given my lack of good FFV relics, those two and moore branch are my only realm SBs. Need more FFV pulls :(

Actually a SSB-level medica, a hastega/faithga/regen, and a runic effect are all really solid relics, and I've done CMs with much worse. It's all you really need for a great mage team if the boss has a weakness you can exploit with a RW magic BSB. Plus all the physical V characters can self-buff themselves if you can get a 4*+++ weapon or something (Steal Power for Faris/Bartz, Meteor Crash for Galuf, and Mirror of Equity for Gilgamesh).

Really, most CMs can be done if you have a couple honed 5* abilities. You're significantly better off than that.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I had been avoiding the DU banner because I was afraid I'd just get outdated FFVII junk, but I do need V and VIII synergy, and have almost no good VII SBs. But I finally caved and pulled- outdated FFVII Junk! What a surprise! This ancient glove for Tifa will surely come in handy! :suicide:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I also killed Omega. It was good and now I have lots of upgrade mats.

So global multiplayer beta! Yehaw!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Shoenin posted:

Guess it glitched then, cause twice it did that to me.

Stop, 2nd person hits stop. Before even either of my hasted mages get a turn, he's already out of it. Ill try again later

Don't forget RMs that boost MND by a percentage. An extra 20% MND on base 500 can get you a not insignificant amount of additional time.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Alxprit posted:

Guys. I'm down to one randomly obtained Record Materia, Josef's. I want to get these over and done with before Pokémon comes out, so I'm working on it today. Getting 4 out of 5 is pretty nice (including Noel), but if I could get this last one it'd be just awesome. Wish me luck.

EDIT: Literally two minutes later I get it. Done!

Nice. The stupid core characters refuse to drop theirs. I've been dragging around Black Mage and Bard through every event stage up to the bonus battles for months now trying to get theirs, PLUS being in my Mondaily lineup. Now I've got White Mage and Monk to deal with too (plus Larsa and Noel and Guy). Just drop your stupid RMs, you worthless sacks of core crap!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The U+ CM wasn't too bad, even if I poorly timed Fang's SSB both times to land when he had his shield up, resulting in it doing almost no damage with its fire/wind typing (a recurring theme with all of these bosses). Edit: whoops, got it confused with the Ultimate. Yeah, the U+ was fine I guess, but once again it made the fire/wind SBs worthless. Sigh.

THIS fight was a bit more of a struggle. I just didn't have good damage output. I should've brought an ice BSB RW instead, but I didn't realize how pitiful my physical damage output would be. Even with stacked Shout and Apocalypse Shield and synergy 5* weapons, Basch was doing ~2600 per retaliate hit and not really contributing damage otherwise. Ramza and Tidus were doing mediocre damage too. Luckily Krile was hitting 9999 with Blizzaja without any boosts, and hitting 9999x2 with Chain Blizzaga after using Sheepsong (which took half the fight to build up). I opted to bring three characters with Hastegas (Ramza, Tidus, and Krile) just in case, but it ended up being overkill. It felt ludicrous not bringing Fang after pulling literally ALL of her SBs, but they're basically all fire and wind and he resisted all of those, so she would've been kinda dead weight. But whatever, mastered it.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 15, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Zurai posted:

Huh. I could have sworn Lifesiphon was 90 (a 50% boost over other 4 star abilities). Guess I'm just going senile.

I'm guessing you got it confused with elemental attacks hitting a weakness, or normal abilities with Ace Striker.

So normal abilities give 60, while hitting a weakness or ace striker gives 50% more. So normal abilities with Ace Striker OR spellblades hitting a weakness give 90.
Hitting a weakness AND ace striker gives 60*1.5*1.5 = 135, and should do considerably more damage than Lifesiphon.

However, Lifesiphon with AS = 225 gauge, so 2 attacks + hit once = 500.
Wrath with AS = 270, so 2 uses puts you at 540, which is great for spamming SBs. It's what makes Rosa's SSB medica + magic blink so powerful, since you're getting a curaga medica plus magic blink every 3rd turn at least.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

If I've managed to collect all extant characters thus far, do I need to care about keeping any more Souls of a Hero? Similarly, do I need to care about keeping any generic MCs when I collect all of the personalized ones?

This made me check- I've got 46 Soul of Heroes and 45 MC1 lodes. Mmm, that's a lot of greater growth eggs, but I think I'll just wait and see how big the pile grows.

Also, the Leviathan fight was a pain in the rear end. He was getting two turns (four attacks) in before I even took a single action, and that's without haste. He was petrifying people through petrify-resist accessories. He was a big jerk. Comparatively all the other gatekeeper bosses were easy; haven't tried Necrophobe yet.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Phew, that was a tricky one! It is NOT easy keeping track of all the timers and which timers go to which barrier and who has the breakdown to turn off the right barriers while balancing his offense/defense and keeping up mitigation and buffs... Especially when you're color blind and it's not easy to tell which aura is which.

Runic put in a lot of work, not just mitigating damage but actually allowing me to not run out of hones. Of course, by the end he started picking people off one by one and I was seconds away from losing mastery, so a magic blink might be better... Still, even with shellga and SG and runic I was taking a lot of damage and almost died in phase 2, if I didn't get a lucky string of single-target attacks that got runic'd.

Anyway, glad that's done.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

KnoxZone posted:

Right now I would list the top BSBs as something like: Vaan, Firion, Maria, Ashe, Eiko, Vanille, and Celes. Others like Tyro and Faris have the potential to be really great too.

As an owner of Faris' BSB and a lover of Faris, I'm still going to say that BSB is overhyped. The difference between full break and full BD is pretty minimal, and the burst commands are basically bog-standard breakdowns. And in any event you want your breaks up ASAP in the fight, so you pretty much need to give her a SB RM. There are only two of those and one RW, so bringing Shout/Wall/Stacking Debuff (like Vaan's)/Some other utility SB is often more important to me than Faris' Burst. If you've got a great mage BSB, you often want to give one of them a SB RM as well, since it can take a long time for mages without Support 4 to get their SBs going.

There are ways to handle it, like bringing your own Full Break and breakdowns until you build up gauge, but then she's really not offering much over a standard damage SSB. Or you can give her Wrath to try and get her SB gauge up as quickly as possible, but then you're probably screwing up your boostga on her and nerfing her damage terribly.

If I don't have other good SB options I really want to bring I'll still use her and her burst because I like her, but as a BSB it's not that hot. IMO.

Edit:

Shoenin posted:

BSSB draw comes during Kain 1 doesnt it

Yeah, both FFIV banners should still be around, and the first FFIII banner should be up before the LD goes live. I'm guessing the FFIV items will be on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the FFIII items aren't. They are probably expecting the OK banner to be a big draw, and it only goes up 1 day before the Lucky Draw.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 17, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

for how many actions does burst mode last again?

It lasts for 15 seconds, which is typically 4 or 5 actions under haste. For MOST bursts, you have to be really on the ball to get 5 in.

However, some burst commands adjust that- like all of Vaan's bursts have a short charge time. Some commands (particularly coming up) grant instant cast. So like the Onion Knight's burst commands are a 4-hit physical attack and a 4-hit magical attack, which grant instant physical/magic attack respectively, so they have 0 charge time after the first use.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

hit button posted:

This isn't quite right. Protect is a +50% DEF stat buff just like any other stat buff, and doesn't stack with any other source of pure +DEF. Although I think every source says "grants Protect" instead of "raises Defence" apart from Enveloping Etude.

EDIT - oh huh although it does apparently stack with Draw Fire's DEF buff, and with the Shield Bash/Steal Defense DEF buff.

Protectga literally is a status effect and will absolutely stack with pure +Def buffs. It even ignores the buff-stacking caps. Or to get technical, pure DEF buffs like from Bartz' Trueblade of Legend is status ID 604, while Protect is the unique ID 207.

Also, Protect is a 100% def buff, so it doubles your defense.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

So JP is getting a series of FFXV login bonuses:
Period
2016 November 25 days 5: 00 ~ December 9, 4:59
Gift items
* Day 1: Mithril 15 ×
* 2 Day: 150,000 Gill
* Day 3: Glow Egg (large) × 15
* 4 Day: Hihiirokane [maximum] 15 ×
* 5 Day: ★ 5 weapon "engine blade [XV]"

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5emk2m/ffrk_jp_collab_for_xv/

That there XV synergy weapon suggests they'll be getting at least a XV event soon. Let's cross our fingers for global! Although it sounds like it'll be going on while we're getting our Thanksgiving mythril, so I doubt we'd get it at the same time.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Do all these XP dragons resist every element or what?

Every element but Dark and Bio, I believe.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

This pleases me. Firion BSB hells yes.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

A friend of mine getting into the game just now is looking at the FF3 banner and considering pulling on it, and I have to ask: does Onion Knight's MC3 ever get added to the hall of rites? He's useless without it and I don't think they have the hones/levels/MCs to clear the event and tackle through to the ++ stage right now. And I can't rightly suggest a friend pull on a banner where they might get two amazing SBs they can nonetheless never use because OK without minmaxing is garbage.

Yes, OK's MC3 is added to the hall of rights. I started JP FFRK after this event, but managed to pull a bunch of his gear during the anniversary. So when the next FFIII event landed and I could actually get some OK motes, I had to get his MC3 from the hall of rights (it isn't given out in the next event).

If your friend pulls anything for OK, have them bite the bullet and use eggs to level him up. Getting those 5 OK motes from the Cid Missions saves so much trouble. I farmed the FFIII EXP dungeon the whole time it was available in the next FFIII event and only got 8 motes.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

Yup, sounds like a white mage to me. Perfect!

Do we have a Monk 5/Machinist 5 yet? I'd be down for that.

Honestly Zell should have Machinist- one of his big things in the game is that he's good with machines.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Didn't try stacking armor/shield and accessory fire resists either.

Just FYI, elemental resistance gear does not stack (unlike element-boosting gear); the game just picks the biggest boost from what you have equipped. Incidentally, this does let you overwrite the water weakness from the Gigas Armlet with a minor water resistance if you have such an armor. I don't believe status resistances stack either.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

wizard on a water slide posted:

I mean I'm down for Chrono Trigger just bc it'd be a pretty easy realm to create at least seven useful characters for, some of whom could be pretty interesting or unique.

It beats the poo poo out of watching them try to come up with a niche for FF6 Cid or good SBs for Dr. Tot.

Bikke and Matoya would've both been cool for FF1, and filled niches (Thief/Support 5 and Black magic) for that game that are empty if you pretend Wol and Echo don't exist, as I have.

Matoya is already out in Japan. Yeah, they're digging for characters.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

victrix posted:

Why do I have no MIOs? Why does nothing give MIOs? :mad:

I finally got Full Break to R2 :unsmith:

And I full cleared the last two events up to 180 with champion, so that was satisfying.

I need to figure out a) what 5* stuff to hone now and b) what heroes to level break to 99, I have either 4 or 5 mc3s

I have this pile of Chain whatever spells, but given that I have no Faithga and I do have Shout, I figure I should probably hone some physical 5*, I just don't know what's worth targeting first after Full Break.

If you have any good knights, get Saint Cross. If you have good thieves, get Thief's Revenge. If you have good Dragoons, Dragoon Dive or Lightning Dive (or whatever the new one is called) are solid choices. If you regularly use one of Lightning/Zack/Tidus/Gau, you might consider working on both Chainstarter and Full Charge. If all else fails, Full Charge is a decent Combat 5 that everyone can use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Zurai posted:

I will say that Malak's banner looks more attractive to me, among the banners which are guaranteed to have TGCid OSB on them. It has TGCid OSB, Mustadio's BSB which is one of the few really good Machinist BSBs (because it's more of a Support BSB), Malak's BSB which is extremely good from a utility standpoint, Orlandu's BSB again, Orlandu's new SSB which is meh, Malak's SSB which is great for utility, Mustadio's Hyper Break again, Gaffgarion's ether armor (meh), and Ramza's AOE heal.

See, what I'm hearing is that Orlandu's BSB is actually pretty disappointing, while his SSB is really good.

His BSB is strong, but it has a long cast time like his OSB. That's all fine. The real kicker is his burst commands are also suuuper slow, and not good enough to make up for them. They have full SB-length cast times, which means you'll probably only get to use 2-3 of them before burst mode runs out. That makes them terrible for maintaining burst mode, so you'll probably have to spam lifesiphon a couple times between each use. All I can say is I know people who pulled it in japan and never use it because it's just too slow to be efficient.

On the other hand, his SSB is instant-cast, and gives him instant cast 2. That means you can crap out his SSB followed by two Full Charges with 0 cast time on any of them. If you build up SB bars ahead of time, you can easily do SSB->Full Charge->Full Charge->SSB->Full Charge->Full Charge->SSB->Full Charge->Full Charge, all with no cast time! It's insane for burst damage.

• Locked thread