Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Bruceski posted:

Am I reading the damage formulae correctly that, barring any damage cap or crit/miss issues, there's no difference between an attack that hits twice for normal damage and one that hits once for double damage?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "normal" damage vs. "double" damage. Each attack has a multiplier, and that is what determines its overall power. But barring damage caps and such, a single hit with a 2.0 multiplier will do the same damage as an attack with 2 x 1.0 damage multiplier, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

Anyway, it's not THAT bad. If you focus exclusively on the 4* witch spell, it's basically a drat near guaranteed 40k damage per turn with fast cast time, basically equal to a good BSB. The 4*s don't use that many resources either (you could do two slots of it). So if you're in dire need of any Ice relics, it's not that bad. Plus you couldprobably chain it into itself for a respectable opening damager under en-ice.

I think you're slightly overselling the 4* witch abilities, unless your Mag is truly buffed to the goddamn stratosphere. The 4* witch abilities are SUPER weak. Compare potencies:

3* black magic: 490
4* witch: 520
4* black: 900
5* black: 1180

The 4* witch spells are only marginally stronger than the 3* black magic spells. They're barely more than half a strong as 4* black magic, and honestly I hope you're not relying on 4* black magic for real damage against magicites. So even under Enice/Enthunder, the witch abilites have a 7.8 potency, which is still significantly weaker than 4* black. Getting a "guaranteed" 20,000 out of the equivalent of a 3* spell against a magicite boss is, uh, far from guaranteed.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 27, 2017

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is true but remember that potency is not the only thing that matters. The witch spells also reduce the cast time of the next one so you have a higher frequency of attacking. In the specific case of Fenrir the more frequent attacks hitting a weakness builds meter towards BSB faster so there's that too.

I'm not saying to use witch spells over black magic always, but I certainly don't have the spare orbs laying around to craft and hone a second copy of Chain Blizzaga. My witch spells are fine.

Oh, I agree that they're decent for building gauge against ice/lightning weak bosses. But claiming you can get a near guaranteed 20k per cast out of them plus short charge is not realistic.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Ramza + his LMR and USB will be not quite as good at making GBS threads out instant casts (since later casts will have the usual SB charge time) but will be a good opener if you don't have Noct SSB.

Noctis' SSB doesn't have casting time, but it'll take at least 3 Lifesiphons to get a full SB bar between each casting. The first can be instant, but the next two take full charge time. Meanwhile, Ramza can wrath, and it only takes 2 wraths for a full SB bar, the first of which is instant. I don't feel like working out which is really faster all added up, but it's probably is pretty close between:

Wrath, wrath, full cast USB, wrath(instant), wrath, full cast USB, etc.
and
Lifesiphon, Lifesiphon, lifesiphon, instant SSB, lifesipon (instant), lifesiphon, lifesiphon, instant SSB

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Zurai posted:

Now let's take the comparison farther:

1 hit from Maria/Papalymo/Edea BSB command 1: 200.

Those hit 9999 all the time against weakness.

Hmm, I don't hit 9999 with their commands all the time, and certainly not against magicite-tier bosses. I think I was getting up to like 6700 with Maria's vs. Hydra? That was with 2 faithgas, her own self-buffing command 2, and three stacks of imperil earth to get him to full 100% weakness. But I did not have earth boosting gear. But yes, with enough mag boosts and imperils and element boosting gear, it's possible. It's just far from guaranteed.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

Ah that's a shame, I was hoping my Iris was going to get more charge faster that way.

What's the best way for non-wrath healers to gain SB charge that isn't Entrusting them?

Healers with BSBs are often good candidates for TGCid's RM3. It usually lets them call the RW fast, put up one of proshellga, and then spam cures super fast until they get a SB gauge, at which point they can lean on burst commands.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

excuse me sir what the gently caress is this

They're introducing bosses you can farm for 4* motes, at 60 stamina a pop. Each mote type will have an associated boss (each has an elemental weakness, so they're like super-easy magicite bosses). Beat them in under 30 seconds and you get 10 motes. Each one sticks around for a couple days, but there is always one open. So I think you get like 3 days twice a month to farm each type.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

KPC_Mammon posted:

The attack softcap is low enough that I don't understand why any of the +attack legend materia exist. Is there an edge case use for them?

If a full dive + non-synergy 6* + 1 boost hits the cap why go any further? I'd much rather have % damage or % double cast.

They're still good for cid missions a lot, where you might have very limited access to the full suite of hastega, boostga, wall, and medica. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice one or two, and when using characters you don't have great stuff for there's a good chance they're not dived very much either. In that case, something like +20% ATK can be pretty huge.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Agrias' USB and LMR ARE good, especially if you have her legend dived (dualcast knight from her LMR means twice the imperil chance from her LM2), but yeah, Orlandeau's banner is overall stronger (even if I don't care about Alma's stuff and think it's pretty underwhelming). But I hate losing the chance at Ramza USB.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'd try my best to wait a few more days for the Realm Dungeon update, which happens at the start of every month. 1/2 stamina dungeons make it really easy to chain run them.

Pretty sure the renewal dungeons will be gone by then. But yeah, I'm not sure what to say- the renewal dungeons are great for someone with like a 3-month old account that has gotten to build up stamina and stuff a bit. Not so great for someone with a brand new account. Sorry...

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man I just looked at the upcoming Torment bosses from JP and we're seriously going to have a third (!) monk mote boss and another machinist and knight one without a second spellblade drop in sight?

At least there's another thief one in the pipeline too but jesus, I just want motes for abilities that don't suck rear end.

No more spellblade motes until the 3rd anniversary in JP. So 6 more months.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

Interesting thread about legend dives: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/7an1co/characters_that_jp_players_regret_fulldiving/

Anyone have any input? It's convincing me to not LD Noctis, even though I wanted to.

Yay, I legend dived Vaan like 15 minutes before seeing this.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

KPC_Mammon posted:

I don't get why really old players didn't make an alt account for this.

Because you couldn't really take advantage of it with a brand-new account. Your stamina would be super low so refreshes would be incredibly inefficient, and you probably couldn't do the higher difficulty stages without getting a few sundailies to level up characters and such. Plus, it's a lot of work to run multiple accounts, and hard to let go of an account you've sunk 2 1/2 years of time, effort, and money into.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

KPC_Mammon posted:

Delita's BSB is a lot weaker compared to a good enElement BSB once you add in chant because his base damage is lower so you aren't getting nearly as much out of the chant. If you compare the damage Cloud USB + Chant + Delita BSB is worse than Cloud USB + Chant + most enElement BSBs.

Without chant he is pretty comparable and being able to hit 4 different elements is amazing.

Usually it ends up that the Enelement BSBs do more damage after the first cast when you already have Enelement up. I don't know how big the difference is, but when you only get 3 SB bars, the first cast doing half as much damage does need to be considered.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Well there's also 4* (and presumably 5* at some point magicites to consider!

But yeah he wouldn't really do much heavy lifting on the ones you've listed, I don't even think his doublecast would trigger against Golem since Meltdown would be doing wind damage instead of fire, but maybe it's coded as a "fire skill" either way? I can't remember how that works. Either way, ninja magic is the easiest / fastest way to tackle that by far.

Vivi's trance just gives him a 50% chance to dualcast any Black Magic, regardless of element. So he could certainly be helpful against any of the 6 initial magicites with various chain-gas and meltdown. Why don't you see if you can beat your remaining ones first, if that's your deciding factor? If you need some extra oomph (like, you might find beating Golem with Fujin BSB alone to be a tall order), then see if you would be able to fit him in and trance him reliably.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

And Raines' LM2 would allow him to summon something like Hope's BSB(s) and dualcast their commands, although I don't know why you'd ever do that instead of using Raines' own BSB, or why you'd legend dive him without his BSB.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

bilperkins2 posted:

Does this mean it can't trigger dualcast White Magic?

Correct. That also means any record sphere/legend sphere/RM passives that boost WHT healing stop working for it, so if you mostly need more healing DON'T summon Valefor, as it will make her medica command weaker.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Correct, but it can trigger dualcast summon magic. Which is pretty good because the best RM for that is 20%.

On the other hand, you need to be careful with dualcast summon, as it can cause her command 1 to toggle on and then toggle back off again. Which might require you to just start using her medica command without summon mode if you need to get down to healing.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Using a drop tracker is probably smart but I just can't be bothered to deal with it, I feel like min-maxing a phone game probably crosses some arbitrary threshold of getting too invested in it for me.

I just need so many dark orbs.

So around the time the FF7 event is released we SHOULD be getting a separate time attack challenge, where you have to blow through like 100 enemies in a single continuous battle over about 25 waves, with a pattern of several waves of 5 trash enemies and then a single boss. It's jump start style, with 3 SB bars for each character being all you get. You get different prizes at different time thresholds, but I think the best prize (for sub-1 minute or something; it's actually not too terrible) being a major dark orb. Running it only costs 7 stamina, so it's actually really stamina efficient. However, it can actually take a decent amount of real-world time watching all the SB animations and stuff. But if you can beat the time, it's a guaranteed MDO, so no RNG nonsense.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

How much mythril is needed for the 3rd?

Hmm, hard to say. I found the 3rd anniversary a bit underwhelming compared to previous fests. The banners are no longer filled with random assortments of top-tier relics. Instead, each banner feels a lot more like normal event banners, by focusing on a couple characters and having 6*, bursts, and LMRs for those characters (no SSBs, but SSBs don't really show up on normal banners by that point either). There's certainly some very nice items on it, but you're just as likely to spend hundreds of loving mythril and repeatedly get 1/11 bullshit like Cloud's LMR that is literally worthless if you don't have his BSB2 (not that I'm speaking from experience or bitter or anything). Like, they're not necessarily top-tier BSBs; they're just BSBs for those characters, good or bad. Also, there are new things like the "Flash Tech" SBs, which are the 1/2 SB bar ones that almost exclusively do things like "instant cast stacking Enelement", which can be nice if you already have Enelement SBs for that character but are otherwise quite bad.

So with the FTs and LMRs, they're the sort of banner you use to "focus on" a character that is already strong for you (or pull a million times on the banner until you get several things for them), but that naturally comes along with a high chance of dupes on the banner if you already have stuff for that character. So there you go: you either have few dupes on the banner and therefore have a good chance of getting a worthless LMR or FT, or you have stuff for the characters already and have a good chance of dupes.

Proceed with caution.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

Good post. I honestly mostly want Tyro's SSJ5wall, with some other tidbits like Lightning, Zidane, and Tyro LMR.

Would you say, for an account heavily lacking in Water and Holy, among other things, that the upcoming godbanners are better quality than the fest banners?

Also, would you recommend the 15x15 and 33 pulls? I think that total was 275 myth or something.

Yeah, I'd try to go for the special G5 3-pulls (which are only 5 mythril apiece, for 75 mythril), or at least for all the realms you're not totally set on. 5 mythril for a guaranteed relic is pretty nice. I recall the first 33-pull being free; of course I got 2/33 and they were awful, so I didn't do any additional mythril 33-pulls. You could do really well with doing more, but it's a really big relic pool and you could end up with schwartzcough-like luck, so you gotta gauge that for yourself. Definitely do the mythril 11-pull that lets you select a set of OSB, BSB, and SSB, since there were a lot of decent choices in there.

I honestly don't remember about the lucky draws (I think there was a healer lucky draw or something just AFTER the fest, so I don't know how they'll handle that. I went 1/11 with god drat Porom's non-medica SSB. Seriously, gently caress that fest). I think there was a set of 3 gem-only banners that let you select an LMR, a BSB, and an OSB, respectively, if you want to dump real money in.

As for Holy and Water, I'm not super big on this upcoming FFX banner. The top prizes are nice, but there's a lot of meh relics on there. JP's 3rd anniversary fest banners were mostly elementally-themed, and banner 5 with Yuffie/Tidus had a lot of good water stuff, so that's worth considering. For Holy, either or both of the upcoming tactics banners aren't bad, mostly just for Marche/Agrias on FFTA-1 and Marche/Orlandeau on the following FFT-1 banner. Ramza's BSB2 does give enholy, but you probably wouldn't be bringing him for holy damage, honestly.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Guess I'll throw my Shadow BSB out there as well:

Q3Nf

And this is my usual RW, so it'll probably stay Shadow even after this shinra thing.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Although it's worth noting that everything in the gauntlet is only 10% weak to dark (and same with lightning for those things that are lightning weak), so it's not worth breaking your back trying to bring dark stuff along as the weakness is so minimal and you don't earn any gauge from hitting weaknesses.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm thinking of cleaning up my followers list and changing up my RW. I've had it set to Strago's Mighty Guard VI (Proshellga + 100% RES) for quite a long time now but I wonder if I have something around that'll be more useful to more people these days. Any thoughts?

Here's some of my notables:

Sephiroth USB
Edea USB
Zidane USB
Minfilia USB
Tyro USB

Krile's Sheepsong
Papalymo's Ley Lines
Edward's Soulsong

Eiko BSB (Crit Chance)
Ramza's Chant (Crit Damage)

Aria BSB (BarFire)

Probably Minfilia USB. It's nice to have extra atk/mag/[x] buffs that stack with the ubiquitous Atk/Mag buff, and the hastega means people aren't forced to bring Onion Knight or Rikku USB for the atk/mag buff.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

bilperkins2 posted:

They do it with every dungeon update, which is once a month. It's basically half off, half the time.

Not nearly half the time anymore. I think the half-off period is already, or will soon become, only like 3 or 4 days. But it does come back every month and generally lets you shotgun as much realm content as you want or can handle.

As for your question hagie, it's not bad doing realm dungeons until you have 120+ stamina or so, but you definitely want to get your levels higher. Always try doing the experience daily dungeons on Sunday and Tuesday to get some levels, and make sure to do as much content from the weekly events as you can manage. That's where you're going to pick up Memory Crystals for characters, as well as accessories and such, in addition to the mythril. They're limited time, while the realm dungeons aren't going anywhere.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah, I think Mind Breakdown takes his heals from 9999 to like 7600. Basically you need to save up huge burst damage either way.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Pretty sure I have 150 accessories alone with various elemental and status resistances. I'll vault other stuff, but I just can't be bothered to vault and unvault accessories when there are so few options to sort them there.

I'm with the "a few mythril are worth my sanity" crowd on that front. 370 inventory slots here, and that's gives me about 40 slots to play with after keeping my various +element gear, 6* items of various types, a few pieces of my best armor for each category, and accessories.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Shoenin posted:

Hey you mugs im back

What I miss after rage quitting about a year ago? I see this raids thing and im already overwhelmed

Multiplayer, magicite (currently the hardest content in the game, locked behind the Nightmare dungeons), probably USBs (generally the next evolution of SSBs, with more effects, and for DPS are usually designed to work with one or two particular 5* abilities for maximum effect). Crystal Tower is becoming a thing, where you have to come up with a different team for each of 4 high-difficulty bosses (you can reuse abilities, equipment, RMs, etc; just not characters). We're getting more torment dungeons slowly but surely - they may be new to you entirely, I can't remember when they started.

The game is shifting away from BSBs to ability meta with 5* abilities; we're a few weeks away from a big ability buff that turns most 5* abilities into 4-hit ones, often with boosted damage multipliers. The magicite and omni-resist bosses (except for one or two weaknesses) is also pushing the game in a direction that wants you to have a "team" for every element.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Shoenin posted:

What are Jump Start Battles and how hard to they actually get?

They're relatively high difficulty, BUT you start with 3 SB gauges full on every character, and can't gain any more gauge. What this means is that abilities like lifesiphon and wrath, and RMs like Dr. Mog's Teaching and Mako Might are pointless. You can use +damage RMs and such. It also means you can really let loose with your strongest SB combinations, so they actually tend to be kinda easyish.

Oh... you don't know about Cloud USB. So, Cloud USB kinda broke the game. It gives +30% damage to physical attacks, 100% critical rate... and it lets you break the damage cap on everything. So let's say you have a wind-weak boss, and a character with an Enwind multi-hit SB. You buff up with Shout and whatever, summon Cloud USB onto that character, and then spam the SB to do like 30,000 damage x 8 hits or whatever.

Shoenin posted:

What the hell is the crystal tower

I just told you about it....

Schwartzcough posted:

Crystal Tower is becoming a thing, where you have to come up with a different team for each of 4 high-difficulty bosses (you can reuse abilities, equipment, RMs, etc; just not characters).

So once you use a team of characters to do one of the fights, those characters are locked out when you're doing the remaining fights. It forces you to come up with 4 distinct teams rather than just using your A-team for everything. Of course, you can just reset the tower and do each of the fights once with your A-team, but you give up the 5-star mote cid mission rewards.

Oh right, we have "legend dives" now that use 5* motes. Once you fill out a character's 4* record spheres, you can unlock their legend dive board (not every character has one yet) with huge stat buffs and powerful "legend materia" that only that character can use, that lets you do things like doublecast white magic abilities and such.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

So each run of the Major-dropping daily is 80 stam (40x2), while each run of the crystal-dropping daily is 100 (50x2), and you CANNOT get Majors from the crystal daily. I believe the rate came out to about 1 crystal per 100 stamina, so about 1 pot per run. As for majors, magic pots drop 2 majors, and regular enemies can drop them too. I think the rate of major orbs was about 1 per 40 stamina on average.

Honest advice- don't farm crystals from dailies. It's pretty stamina-expensive, and with bad luck you can spend hundreds of stamina with virtually nothing to show for it since you can't get Majors as consolation prizes. And remember- there have been NO NEW 6* ABILITIES introduced in like over a year, and over half the 6* abilities are not very good or absolute trash. Meanwhile, they keep churning out 5* abilities left and right, and those will be your bread and butter in the ability era. If you're going to farm dailies, farm the Major orb dailies (the rate of majors from dailies is still too low to be very useful, honestly, but if you just need to burn stamina).

Actually, just farm the XP dailies, especially if you plan to get a set of 4* magicites. It takes so drat much experience to level magicite....

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do the new dailies reset rewards? Should I clear out the current ones at least once before the new ones drop?

Yes, clear out the current dailies for any rewards you want. The Daily refresh changes the rewards, but there are no mythril rewards so don't expect a sudden influx of mythril from the change.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Prism posted:

IIRC it goes to 4 hits like the 5* spellblades, and has a higher total multiplier than Engulfing Twinstrike if you are using a ranged weapon.

(Do they change the name of the Twinstrikes when they switch to four hits?)

Actually it's got a higher multiplier than the 5* spellblades even without a ranged weapon, and just gets even stronger with a ranged weapon. And it's inherently ranged. Yeah.

Spellblades got totally hosed over compared to shooter abilities, honestly.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Is there any solid rule of thumb for when +element is preferable to raw stat points on a weapon?

I don't know if there's any good technical rule, but generally:
1. If you think you're going to be hitting the relevant stat softcap (805 for attack, or 1056 for magic), always always go for +element
2. I think +element will pretty much always beat something like a relatively small boost. For example, if your non-synergy +element armor gives +17 mag, and your synergy armor alternative gives +34 magic, go with the +element. So usually +element armors win out, since the offensive stat buffs aren't so large on them. On the other hand, if you've got a synergy 6* item vs. a non-synergy 5* item with +element, you might be looking at a difference of 100 mag, so assuming you won't violate (1), go with the raw stats.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I think people should go ahead and assume we will get SOME sort of fest in late December. Whether it'll be like superfest with elemental themes, I dunno (although it's a pretty safe bet), but we will almost certainly get something. So plan mythril spending accordingly.

We can't look to Japan this time, because they had their FF30th anniversary on Final Fantasy's 30th anniversary, which didn't correspond to their/our "fest every 3 months" schedule. So they had smaller superfests before and after the 30th fest to prevent there from being too long of a stretch without a fest, and then they resumed their normal fest schedule with the 3rd anniversary. Global just decided to keep the 3-month fest schedule instead and we got the 30th Anniversary "early." But there's no reason to assume we won't get any fest in late December just because JP didn't have one.

So I'd recommend saving mythril, is my point.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

How the hell do you play JP anyway?

The interface is the same, so you can mostly navigate without thinking about it. Sometimes it can still be tricky to sort menus by status ailments or elements, but it's not TOO bad. Plus, the Dr. Mog guides now just include charts with elemental weaknesses. For more specific details on attack patterns and such, you can usually find them on reddit (by our own Zurai here) or GameFAQs. So it can take some outside research to prepare for harder fights, but nothing too crazy (since I usually check AI threads even for high-level global fights, although less so recently).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Attestant posted:

No stamina potions left?

Or Mythril refresh your stamina. You'll lose one but get three, so better than nothing.

I'm guessing the problem is running out of keystones.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Healers don't do much physical damage and they take less in the back row. :)

Everyone else should be in the front row though.

Really looking forward to seeing if this ends up being any kind of game changer for magicites.

It's not about them doing physical damage; they still get the TGC mode buff for doing things like healing. Now it might not be feasible if the boss is putting out a lot of really strong short-range physicals, but for most fights it's still probably worth it.

God I've spent so much mythril between global and japan failing to get Marche USB.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

No they don't. Physical attacks only.

Huh, guess I always missed that detail. I thought it was just "give the whole front row fast cast". Ah well.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Finally beat Liquid Flame. I had to create a whole new team based around Edge's water abilities to do it.

I had to blow 60 MDOs on a 5* hone for one of them and I still ran out of uses. I had to entrust a few bars to him and spam his USB at the end but it got the job done in under a minute.

Now what's this about the dark dragon fang thing instantly killing someone and there's no way to avoid it?

On his fourth turn he'll KO the character with the lowest % HP, unless you can do like 114k damage before that to push him into phase 2. So generally you'll want a "sacrifice" character that you hit yourself (e.g. with lifesiphon or memento mori or something as you get set up) or that starts with Draw Fire to make sure they have the lowest % HP and get killed.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Ramza has never been special as a debuffer; his big claim to fame was Shout. To challenge Shout, coming up we have Onion Knight USB-physical, which is Shout + 50% crit fix and a self iterating fast action buff. That 50% crit fix is pretty huge for increasing a physical party's damage output, and does make Shout and Shout+ pretty obsolete. A ways after that we get Quina's USB, which is Shout + Proshellga, which also makes Shout pretty obsolete. I think there was another Shout-but-better in there somewhere, although I can't remember who got it or what it did.

That's not to say that Ramza's BSB2 is bad, but it does have strong competition coming down the line. It is also true that you can't not ever pull just because better stuff will arrive occasionally.

Edit: oh, Reks gets a USB that's Shout + lightning radiant shield.
Edit 2: Oh, and Josef gets this: ATK +50% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Last Stand, grants Quick Cast 2 to the user

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Enjoy a 5-star Stay at USB Port!

• Locked thread