Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I was working on this in the previous thread, but since I've got the most obvious quirks out of the way I'll mention it here as well. Back in the previous thread's OP there was a spreadsheet listing a bunch of cool information about the extant dungeons, such as all of their loot/stamina breakdown/progression. In addition, there was a snazzy chart showing off that same progression up through DU 25. Unfortunately it seems they're not updating it anymore (or at least not the parts about dungeons), but in the meantime I figured I'd work on keeping it updated and to make a few new features. (Everything updates from a master file, sorting by stamina-to-shards ratios/filtering by DU is possible but currently wonky, and filtering by orb loot is up.)

Thoughts for the future:
  • Because Google Docs can be wonky at times, should I just implement dedicated buttons for sorting/filtering that I wasn't able to easily share before? The way things currently work is that the document is set to edit permission, but most cells are manually locked down.
  • Should I add in/remove event dungeons when they come?
  • What other data processing should I try for? For instance, should I mention notable status effect weaknesses, or is that best left to ffrk.pdf?
  • Who made the original file, anyway? I'd like to credit them (as I will be crediting Enlir once I add in loot for upcoming DU 26-31) but I don't recall seeing a name on that.
  • The original creator had worked a fair bit ahead of the global dungeons on certain details like stamina breakdowns/mastery conditions/progression, but Enlir doesn't have those. Is there JP-version information I can find to collate such things, or am I SOL until a given DU drops globally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

I guess element/status weaknesses could be handy to list for bosses, especially for people playing through on JP trying to figure out how to clear old stages with one reference guide. As for getting info on mastery conditions and such for upcoming dungeons, you might be stuck trying to parse the google-translated JP Wiki: https://xn--ffrk-8i9hs14f.gamematome.jp/game/780/wiki/%E3%83%88%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E3%83%9A%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8
At least it seems better than nothing, considering that a lot of the words translate well enough for me to find my way around and that FFRK is a rather visual game.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

At this point I believe I've got down the future boss conditions based on educated guessing and a bit of research, but I'm still a bit stuck on two of them because they refer to extremely specific translations of mechanics. Where should I look for assistance on these? (The conditions in question are from FF8's Seifer in Lunatic Pandora 3, and FF14's Titan in The Navel.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Lunatic Pandora 3: Exploit Seifer's weakness to Poison, reduce his ATK, kill him before he uses Zantetusken Reverse (which he uses specifically as a counter to Odin, so just don't).

The Navel: Reduce Titan's MAG, reduce Titan's DEF, destroy Titan's Heart without 5 turns.
I see. I've never played FF8, so all my knowledge of it is secondhand. I"m familiar with the Seifer-Odin-Gilgamesh bit, but not the implementation. (Also it looks like there's a condition about lowering his DEF but not his ATK?) And I'd thought that was roughly what was going on with Titan, but Google Translate couldn't quite handle it. Thanks!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

ETB posted:

It helps to refresh Magic Breakdown on each respawn, since Wall is useless against Pandora.
It can also help to have some form of Magic Blink, which allowed Ovelia to save my rear end with Princess's Prayer.

On the topic of U++ Diamond Weapon, how onerous is it to expose his core? My physical team is probably better equipped, but at the same time eight attacks just to open it up for each of two phases sounds like it'd take a while. (So far as weakness-targeting SBs go, I have Pecil's holy BSB and Papalymo's fire/swiftcast SB.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I ended up going with a magic crowd, and while I likely could have arranged things for more damage I still managed to eke out mastery. (I lost one star for actions and two for damage.) At the end, both Exdeath and Papalymo were running on fumes, though at least Tyro had casts for days. (He was my offensive white mage because that synergy harp is really good for it, and because I didn't think of swapping his role with Cait Sith's or Ovelia's. :downs:) Meanwhile I gave Mako Might to Cait Sith on a lark, and it probably really helped the party by allowing him to keep up Toy Soldier (-50% ATK/MAG for 25s) pretty much constantly. (Also pictured is why I haven't tried doing CMs yet - I don't have the levels for a lot of characters.)

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 10, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

:woop: Got the map working! (Edit: Oops, I cropped off the right border.)

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 11, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Most likely the issue is that you're hitting the ATK soft cap of 590. Beyond that, more ATK still gets you results but at a significantly smaller growth rate (ATK^.5 rather than ATK^1.8).

Also I'm guessing "Curilla" is a romanized version of a name in the Japanese version?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

LornMarkus posted:

Nope, it's been the official translation for many years now:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Curilla_V_Mecru
That explains it! I've never played FF11 and have paid little attention to much of the details of the JP version, so I was scratching my head about some alternate transliteration of Krile from FF5.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Who will expire first, the boss or Exdeath? :byoscience:

This one was a bit trickier, since I had to play around with ability timing and selection before eventually settling on the above setup. For whatever foolhardy reason I'd started by not bothering to equip elemental resistance gear, but I changed my mind after finding that the initial Fire/Blizzard AoEs hurt a lot before mitigation. But after some tinkering I found that the trick is to have just enough resources available (uses remaining, HP, buffs, and SB gauges) after defeating Zorn and Thorn to utterly blitz Meltigemini. drat, when folks upthread were talking about barely seeing Bio they weren't kidding, since Pecil's BSB alone melted about half its health after two uses.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

^^Exactly!

Guardian's being a finicky pain in the rear end with the "normal" strategy, so if I decide to go for a brute force strategy with ninja magic and/or Sephiroth's BSB as an RW, what level of hones should I be looking for? I currently have the 3-star ninja abilities at R5 and Phantasm at R1, but in a pinch I could probably hone some progress on Piercing Strike or more 3-star ninja abilities as well.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 19, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

If you're using a RW BSB to brute force it, consider using Selphie's BSB instead. It offers a +MAG/MND kickback to boost your (uncountered) summons/Diagas and (countered) Ninja magic, provides an AoE entry to burst down the cannon/launchers, and even if it can't do unmitigated damage like Seph's can, it will help you minimize losses since it won't draw counters of its own - the attack skill on it is coded as WHT. In addition, it means you don't have to pack Dispel for the mastery conditions - just use Selphie's curaja command on one of the launchers once, instead.

Phantasm will do noticably more damage against the Guardian itself, being a higher potency 4* single target attack. You want that at least honed to R3, even with your ninja magics at R5, and remember to leave Swift Bolt at home, everything there absorbs Lightning. Consider packing Valeduin/Bahamut/high honed 4* summons (Alexander and Leviathan, mainly); while they won't do a lot of damage, the launchers and cannon don't have a lot of HP and you want to burn through those as quickly as possible whenever they pop up. The Guardian on its own is easily managable damage, but having two Mustard Bomb-spamming assholes and trying to work with the fight's gimmick while still dealing with everything else is pretty overwhelming.

Basically, having your own Selphie BSB trivializes this fight in the same way Penelo's SSB made Evrae tolerable.
I'll probably have to wait for more dark orbs, then, since I'm really low on them after some recent hones made before looking up the boss. :downs: Plus I'll probably have to hold for a bit before I can get more, since Thorns of the Rose has none.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Sprite141 posted:

Can't you mostly just get him to kill himself by force targeting him? Or does that work on everything but him?
You can...it's just that doing so is quite slow and that sometimes you will get hosed by your target attacking just a tick or two before the Wave Cannon fires. It's a puzzle boss where the best solution is to instead ignore the relevant mechanics like you're Alexander cutting the Gordian Knot.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Someone on Reddit (I know, I know) had some pretty good ideas. Not only did they mention the bit about nuking the second launcher every time it showed up in the first phase, but they also suggested the use of Draw Fire. Man did that help to keep down the incidental damage from Mustard Bombs. And in my case, it also helped to have SG and Princess's Prayer for removing Expose Weakness and blocking a round of Atomic Ray (respectively). It's annoying to be penalized for actions when I'm just using a lot of Defend to keep down damage and to act as timers, but I still mastered the boss and that's what counts. (I didn't even need Revive!)

One final thing for anyone who's concerned about passing the hot potato to a teammate in later phases: even the Attack command is sufficient. When folks say that any ability works, they're really talking about any ability.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

drat was that grueling. I'd tried various combinations of Mako Might + Dr. Mog's Teachings/RWs to work out, including several instances of Meteor XVI. Eventually I realized that with all the AoEs I was putting out from different characters, I might do well to just boost everyone's damage instead with a +ATK/+MAG buff that stacked with my own Song of Swiftness. That, plus the BSB bonus stats from Maria's Song, managed to push me just over the edge in terms of throughput from Ashe. Chucking out ~12-13K per enemy per 4-star summon is pretty nice, and depending on my current hones I may be viable to take on Mote Ifrit at this point with such a combo.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Is there an Android emulator that the thread would recommend? I've been fighting/resetting the Kaiser Dragon for several hours but still haven't managed to get the mastery conditions to line up (at least not without making a stupid mistake). Thankfully I did get the kill earlier, at least, so if I want to make Meltdown (likely) then I'm all set.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Come to think, if I want to make the Kaiser Dragon fight more consistent should I go with Tyro (who doesn't have a medica but does have SG) or instead use Ovelia with Princess's Prayer? I should note that I also have Exdeath's Grand Cross around to absorb most of the single-target damage early on.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

After a bit more finagling (which mostly involved getting a better sense for timing), I managed to master the Kaiser Dragon fight without needing to swap my build around or use an emulator. I still had one KO at the end (Papalymo), but at least I was able to hold on just long enough with two healers to allow the party to dump out their last few hones.

At this point I just have the Tonberries and Mote Ifrit remaining in terms of superbosses. :woop:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

From a cursory glance at those new boss battles and their attack patterns, it seems like all three can be blunted to some degree by using a runic ability. (In my case I have Exdeath's Grand Cross.) Are there any limitations about what they cannot block, beyond typing limitations (Grand Cross hits both BLK/WHT) or AoEs (in that the rest of the party still gets hit)? Or are even "unreflectable" abilities still perfectly fine to feed the treewizard?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

What the poo poo is up with this Ultimate fight, it is hard as hell! Those things are just making GBS threads AoE that is doing over 1k with Protectga / Shellga up, and the single target magic is hitting for almost 3k.

This is harder than last week's U+ and U++ fights.
Magic Lure (or a runic effect, if you have one of those) helps to an amazing degree in both this fight and the next. The only tricky part I had with the latter was in staggering Grand Cross in between SG so that I never had a moment to be caught with my pants down. It's also useful for dampening the spike damage of the U++ fight, but in such a case it's not quite so indispensable.

Attestant posted:

I'm now there, and christ, this thing is tanky too. I'm really feeling my lack of native Holy-damage soul breaks now.

And yeah, eternal Stop or Slow from random attacks is real fun too.
Despite having Pecil's BSB, I eventually broke down and farmed up SB charges just so I could rush the lower 70% of his health (when he starts using Pulsar Wave) without having to give too much of a poo poo about pacing myself in between 15-20 seconds of Stop per proc. I might not have bothered with a second holy SB, but at the moment I'm holding onto my mythril until the next FF14 event.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I finally managed to take down all the Nightmare bosses! I'd left the Tonberries for last due to needing to hone up Dismissal, and as it turned out I actually needed that R5 hone as a result of not having as much single-target damage as I'd have liked. Funny enough, though, they were the only Nightmare superboss encounter I managed to one-shot. (That group up top is just my "farming" team, for moderate XP and drops from dailies.) So at this point it's just Mote Ifrit (:tviv:) left on the horizon before the long grind to get everyone up to respectable CM levels.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

wall saves a big chunk of damage. he only has one def ignoring attack. the rest are big attacks that will be mitigated
Not only is only one of his attack defense-ignoring, but that attack is also on a strict 3-turn cycle for the sake of predictability. Still, even if you have SG up you'll have to worry yourself over the status effects.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 31, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

This time around Omega Weapon was the only one who seemed tricky, and even then it still wasn't at the same level of Daedalus (thankfully). Given its high defenses, hones and/or elemental SBs will make a huge amount of difference. Hell, Exdeath was using Waterja R4 and still was running on fumes at the end. Luckily I had Cloud with some spellblade abilities and Leila with Pirate's Knives. At some point I'll have to actually craft create/hone some 5-star for her and the other celerity/thief characters I have at high levels, but in the meantime she was really doing well with Lifesiphon and 30K - 50K per SB on Omega Weapon.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Honestly, if you already have some good 4-star hones and moderately honed 5-star Chain -gas, you can skate by on just single-target damage and some dancing. I mean, for the hell of it I gave R4 Maduin to Tyro, but he was only doing ~3K per target per cast and thus not terribly much. (I also had R1 Meltdown, but that only made things faster.) Apparently the timer for how long it takes between one of them dying and the whole group getting back up is 20 seconds. :psyduck:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

What does Limit Chaining refer to, anyway? I've not played FF11 and thus far the only similar sounding things are Chain -ga spells/Powerchain.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Did FFRK Central mention anything about not putting up datamined enemy stats? For the last few events (DU 26, Our Story, Golden Arena) they've neglected to put anything up, and I wasn't certain if this was just temporary or a result of DeNA locking down the game data.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Attestant posted:

Didn't the enable some of the data encryption stuff during the last update?
I heard about that, but then how is Reddit managing to dig up boss stats and AI?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

I just asked the webmaster. He said "That's because the latest update borked my backend. I've been working like a madmen to figure out the new encryption and get it back. I'm working on it as we speak. Reverse engineering is fun (not)." He says he's close to figuring it out, though, so fingers crossed.
Good to know, then. The primary concern I had on that end was that we wouldn't have access to the elite dungeon stats. This doesn't matter so much for me (considering that I can easily smack most of the new ones around), but for someone who's invested less I'd imagine it would be more of an issue.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Japan had a Dungeon Update today as well (#32), so I grabbed the relevant data/guessed my way through Google Translate to put up the new stuff and turn off some filters for DU 26 in the dungeon summary. I've decided not to bother putting up event data for one-time things, but I will reconstitute the recurring events (Nightmare and Mote dungeons) in some form or another.

Should I fiddle around with the side branches at all? Currently there are seven of them, but I'm not sure quite how to arrange the set.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Considering that I had zero pieces of +lightning gear, and Omega's RES, I'd thought that I might actually need the extra spells on my mages in case the commands from RW Dusk Decree were insufficient. Nope. Every single hit from Ashe and Papalymo dealt 9999 x4. But given the original parameters of the fight in FF5, that's almost certainly intentional.

I wonder how tricky this fight is if Omega isn't being stoplocked, since it was a bear in the original due to a 100% chance of counterattacks upon damage instead of 7-10% based on certain commands. At least this time you're given a lot more hints about how to dismantle Omega, since FF5 gave zero indication of its weakness to stop in the game itself. (Nowadays the Internet and datamining serve to provide such assistance.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

It's better than dealing with Rocket Punch/Rocket Punch/Mustard Bomb + Rocket Punch/Rocket Punch/Encircle, at least! :v:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Shoenin posted:

How are people keeping Omega stopped after half health

a stop from a Y'shtola with 500 mind is broken in less than half a second.
It should actually be two seconds, given that Omega has 700 MND after reaching <41% health. But not only (as above) should you spam stop at Omega from two people, but also try using multiple characters with lightning damage. In my case I did this with a Dusk's Decree RW on Papalymo and Ashe while Cait Sith and Vanille spammed stop (Halting Rumba/Stop, respectively) and Edward kept everyone buffed with Song of Swiftness and Wrath. And as it turned out, Omega collapsed so quickly that the BSB buffs were still up and Edward hadn't needed to recast the faithga. (Two people casting her first command dealt 9999 x8 = 79992 damage per ~3.5 seconds, nearly a quarter of Omega's health.) Even if you don't have a native faithga + hastega, dig around for a native copy of the latter to prop up your team's speed.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The advantages of Halting Rumba over Stop are exactly that, that it's an AoE and that it's part of the Dancer skillset (more common for physical-focused characters) instead of Black Magic. In particular, the Tonberries from the first Celerity Nightmare are much easier to deal with by employing HR. Otherwise they both have the same proc chance of 70%.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

ideally, he never gets to cast reflect
Ideally? I'd say that you want to apply stop and to dispel the Reflect just after it goes up. It's one of the mastery conditions, after all, so if you want to ignore it (and still get the mastery reward) then you're in the particularly finicky situation of trying to outrace a U+ boss (with U+ speed stats) without putting up all your buffs first.

Alright, where'd I get this idea? Most likely I was thinking of Calofisteri from DU26, who's another FF5 boss that actually does have such a condition. :eng99:

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 14, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Does anybody know if U++ Atlas' physical attacks respect Draw Fire/Retaliate mechanics? Being able to take care of both its counters and the attacks that cause Sap seems like it would make that fight a lot easier.
Given how the Difficulty 99 fight went, it seems as if everything in his rotation that's not Roar or Crushing Grasp (both NAT magical AoEs) is PHY-typed and thus viable for being blocked by Draw Fire. That said, I dunno what the counters will look like since D99 Atlas had none and he's otherwise never appeared as an in-game boss before this event. At least some folks who've experienced it in JP have claimed that they're physical...

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 14, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The Ultimate and U+ weren't too difficult (relatively speaking), but hoo boy is the U++ a strange puzzle if you're trying to get mastery. The tricky part, I found, was to manage to squeeze in high damage going out, low damage coming in, and the mastery condition of applying slow - at the same time. After poking around a bit with Edward and ice-based RWs, I found that Serah's Moonfrost Arrows is basically the ice version of Dusk's Decree, complete with the enelement buff. (It's what I actually ended up using for the above victory.) It took a bit more work to remove the kinks (like thinking that I should bother actually attacking with Tyro when I already have Vanille and Papalymo's Enochian Blizzaja to handle the RW), but eventually this setup worked pretty much flawlessly. With the various enelement BSBs already in place or otherwise on the horizon, my personal mage meta's in good shape to allow two casters to go to town while Edward sits back and buffs them.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

If I've managed to collect all extant characters thus far, do I need to care about keeping any more Souls of a Hero? Similarly, do I need to care about keeping any generic MCs when I collect all of the personalized ones?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I tried Necrophobe once, but had the twin problems of needing more mitigation on the barriers and not having enough damage to actually deal against Necrophobe himself. (According to some back-of-the-envelope calculations my hones will run out before its health pool.) Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of damage-dealing capabilities beyond the breakdowns themselves. Here's what I tried (and botched with).

Faris has Kindred Spirit, Gordon has Goddess's Bell, Tyro has the Sentinel's and Cyclone Grimoires, and Wakka (only at level 27, though I can egg him up) has Attack Reels. (Edward also has Song of Swiftness but I doubt that's at all useful given the counters.) Should I wait to build up more abilities (like Thief's Revenge)? Grab some more relics in the upcoming banners? Hone existing stuff (like Sapphire Shot, which is only at R1 right now)? Remove the KO-resist accessories in exchange for something else? Grab Carbuncle and otherwise shuffle abilities around?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Tempo Flurry is pretty weak there - I'd say Dismissal but your Faris is already using it.
Yeah, I don't currently have some of the secondary 4-star or 5-star abilities. In a pinch I could probably craft and hone one or two 4-star abilities, but at the moment I'm uncertain which to do. (I could also egg Ramza up to 65 or higher for Banishing Strike or Magic Lure, but I have zero SBs for him.)

quote:

Do you have a strong damaging BSB outside of the Support side? You can have them replace Fran. Vaan/Noel are really nice for this fight since their BSB commands also function as Breakdowns.
My only BSB happens to be Paladin Force, which is not ideal for the situation. As for Vaan, I do have his Pyroclasm SSB, but not his BSB.

Edit: One possibility is to not only swap Ramza in to gain access to Banishing Strike, but to also swap Exdeath in for his Grand Cross. Seem viable?

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 16, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Come to think, would it be worth it to spend the mythril to draw on the Keeper's Choice 1 set to guarantee access to Ramza's Grand Armor? It seems like putting in Exdeath and Ramza has helped me to improve on my hone quantity, and thus at this point all I'm really missing is a medica. For reference, I swapped them in for Fran/Red XIII, and besides needing to give Mako Might to Exdeath instead of Gordon my setup was doing relatively well aside from the several AoEs that Grand Cross can't block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I rejiggered things in my party, and for the most part this group is capable of weathering Necrophobe's damage output during phase 2. The problem, however, is that I failed the DPS race and ended up in phase 3 with perhaps 50K HP still left to be dealt. What should I then try doing to improve things in this regard? One thought I had was to shelve the party for now, give Ramza my Platinum Shield and both copies of Banishing Strike, farm up a few RMs (such as Holy Might, Secrets of the Qu, or One-Eyed General), and strip off the KO-resist gear in favor of more stat buffs.

Edit: Or I could find a place to sub in Basch for his corresponding Apocalypse Shield buff.

KnoxZone posted:

Right now I would list the top BSBs as something like: Vaan, Firion, Maria, Ashe, Eiko, Vanille, and Celes. Others like Tyro and Faris have the potential to be really great too.
Don't forget Serah.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 16, 2016

• Locked thread