Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Lately I've experienced the game minimizing itself at random in between battles, often when it's trying to load the dungeon progress or home screens. (Once it occurred during a multiplayer session, but usually it doesn't happen during battle.) The app doesn't actually crash, but minimizing itself to my tablet's home screen is effectively a crash given that it has to completely reload the game. What developer options should I be fiddling with to mitigate this?

Edit: I'm running this on an Android tablet, not iOS.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

It's not as good as some of the pulls here, but it's decent considering that these bring me up to three BSBs total and that I could always use more high-stat guns/axes.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Wilekat posted:

Not sure I can do the +++ fight for Gaia's Cross :(

Everything was going swimmingly then it used Quake and oneshot the whole party. Was going pretty well up until that point! Wall *may* have dropped off just before she cast it though, so at least I know the quake is at 50% or so now. Does she cast it again or do I only have to deal with that one time?
Hecatoncheir has a really simply AI, actually. At 51% HP or more, he'll just Attack for 2 hits (70%) or Attack as an AoE (30%). And below that, he'll still do those (50% and 10%, respectively) and add Quake to the mix (40%). So yes, he can in theory cast Quake back-to-back-to-back if the RNG suits him.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Combat 4+ has Lifesiphon to fuel any relevant SBs, and setting up a Dragoon pretty much means that you take Blood of the Wyvern + your jump of choice. The deal with the latter is that they're normally "balanced" by having a nonzero jump time in addition to a charge time, but with Blood of the Wyvern to negate that they suddenly go up in usefulness by perhaps a star. (The 3-star elemental jumps have comparable damage to 4-star Spellblade abilities, for instance.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Mithross posted:

So, I've cleared up through Doga Grotto+, which seems to be my limit for this event. Is there's anything I can do to cheese my way down to the third xp dungeon in the hopes of getting onion Knights 3rd crystal?

And if not, how long am I going to have to wait before I can make him usable? I pulled his gauntlets, I'm going to be really sad if I have a long wait or if it hasn't come back around in jp yet.
All of the Ninja's attacks are PHY-typed, so you can block most of them (except the AoE) with Drawtaliate while everyone else beats on him. As for Hecatoncheir, you could probably try a similar strategy though you'd have to worry about Quake. But regardless, both bosses are simple enough to be gear checks without much thought as to strategy.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I've gone back to my spreadsheet to add all the recurring event dungeons (Nightmare/Mote/Torment Mote), but I have a few translation questions remaining for those who know written Japanese or are familiar with JP play. In particular, there will be three new accessories available from the upcoming Nightmare dungeons. How should I translate these? I'm not certain if those reference anything in the mainline games. (Sniper Soul, Meteor Pendant, ??? Headband? Google Translate couldn't get me close enough.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

^^ The newest release called it the Sniper Eye, but I'll check out gameFAQs for anything called a Sniper Soul in FF7.

Come to think, would that headband be the Ribbon from several of the SNES-era FFs? (I've added the above names to the document.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Well, I think I've determined some names based on checking out the Sniper Soul. My guess is that all of these accessories are intended from a flavor standpoint as upgrades to well-known recurring gear in the general FF canon. Of course SE still would have to derive the relevant names from somewhere, so they can't just pull things out of their asses. Thus the Sniper Eye becomes the Sniper Soul (Dissidia FF), the Star Pendant becomes the Starfall Pendant (FF13), and the Headband becomes the Guts Headband (FF13: Lightning Returns). In fact in retrospect I'm surprised that I didn't just try "Guts Headband" right off the bat.

Munoma posted:

Real quick, would anyone happen to know the next expected date for an orb/gil rush dungeon? I haven't seen one in quite some time and I could really use a money boost at the moment.
December 18th through January 3rd.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 27, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Onion Knight is, as expected, amazing even without relics. I'd found the Ult and U+ battles not to be too difficult, but perhaps a bit tedious. I was initially concerned about the second fight while fighting the Great Tortoise, but as it turns out he's potentially the tankiest of the four (especially before I can get Dark Knight's Charge online*) and afterwards I tore through the rest of the crystal guardians. Doga and Unei were a bit trickier, but I eventually grabbed Exdeath again to eat magic and spit it right back out. At this point the only thing I regret about him is that he can't use mage hats (like my Red Hat :( ) to boost things like Meltdown.

*I'm really considering slotting him into the Necrophobe fight, as I still haven't finished that due to lack of proper damage.

In other news, I've put up the recurring event dungeons on my spreadsheet to allow for searching through them (or just looking for more crystals for Meltdown) and added elite difficulties to the roadmap.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

If my few sources of wind damage are 3-star wind jump/Climhazzard/Jin-Chi-Ten/R4 Aerora Strike/R1 Snowspell Strike/R1 Meltdown/R3 Gust, what should I try to eke out more against Ahriman? I tried facing him with what I thought was decent (Cloud/Gilgamesh/Gordon as primary attackers while Tyro held drawtaliate and Ovelia healed), but I couldn't really manage more than perhaps 2/3 before the hones and RW Shout would run dry.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

:pseudo: Now I feel like an idiot for complaining before, because I decided today to RW Luneth's BSB with the above setup and ended up one-shotting Ahriman. As it turns out the only thing I'd really been missing (aside from a heavy source of wind damage like Eternal Wind or Jin-Chi-Ten with all the boosts*) was applying status effects. Both Balthier's innate machinist access and his BSB made those easy, which meant that I was never struggling to keep up with the damage like I was before.

*BSB buffs, Mug Bloodlust/Apocalypse Shield (initially I had to wait on the latter), EnWind, Air Knives wind boost, Roaring Winds.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

With Moonfrost Arrows and the Onion Knight I finally managed to take down Mote Ifrit! :toot: I probably should have brought along Relm or Hope to shore up Protectga duties instead of Exdeath while being able to also use a synergy weapon, but oh well. (OK was doing 9999 x4 with the first command of Moonfrost Arrows, while Exdeath was only doing ~5400 x4 without any synergy weapons.) I am really loving my new mage setup of "bring Edward along just to sing and two mages to unload some enelement RW BSB", but as of yet I can't quite do the same thing for physical characters.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

This isn't helpful. If I could easily get OK to 99 I would have already. Which character has Aetherial Pulse? I don't have everything in this game memorized.

Y'shtola is my wall and I can't do this without wall. I also already pointed out that I have Faris' BSB for breakdowns.
Aetherial Pulse is an SSB of Y'shtola, which grants Protectga/AoE regen/Shellga. Swapping to it isn't strictly necessary, but regardless having a hastega is at least as important as having Wall. (Check this PDF for a boatload of reference data, including all SBs released thus far. :) )

Regardless, as noted above Ahriman becomes much less intimidating once he's blinded. Not only does it relieve a bunch of damage on your party, but it also means that you have to care far less about being petrified or needing Protectga in the first place. He's also vulnerable to poison, so the ideal situation would be to grab Blind Shell and Poison Shell on someone like Cid and have them lock down Ahriman for a while. Other than that, you only really need one primary attacker at a time if you've got things like Fang's BSB. I did exactly that for my victory, slapping an Eternal Wind RW on Thancred and going to town, though in your case you can likely have Fang do something similar. (Of course you'd have to adapt your current setup to whatever abilities/gear/characters you have, so you may not have access to things like Apocalypse Shield or Jin-Chi-Ten.)

The bottom line is that you'll want to figure out exactly how much mitigation you need to bring along (Blind Shell is great!), then stick with that and no more. I'd mucked up on my first few attempts because I was stacking so much general mitigation (which is relatively expensive in terms of slots compared to specific mitigation like status effects) that I didn't have room for more actual damage, and ended up grinding to a halt when my hones expired.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

AweStriker posted:

Mote Ahriman is vulnerable to blind and poison?
Indeed. Generally folks on reddit will produce detailed AI dumps within a day or so, but FFRKCentral will also produce stat/ability lists whenever a new dungeon comes out. (In this case the three Ahrimans refer to phase changes as he loses HP, though sometimes powerful bosses will change phases or patterns within those phases based on other triggers such as being hit with certain abilities or upon reaching a certain ATB turn.)

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 27, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I don't have Indomitable Blade, but I do have Exdeath's Grand Cross, which does the same runic effect. Shall I toss that up? (Also, have you tried checking FFRKCentral for codes?)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Finally I pieced together enough damage to beat up Necrophobe! (He did manage to kill Ramza in the third phase, but was too low on health to kill another character.) I would have preferred to draw OK's BSB, but with 10 hits (no BSB stats to push it to 11) Onion Slice could easily do oodles of damage. Ideally I should have had more 5-star skills like R3 Saint's Cross or R3 Thief's Revenge, but as of yet I don't have quite enough orbs to do so. (December's orbfest will change that, of course!) Hence it's nice to be able to eke out victory by tweaking my numbers just enough.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

You only lose stamina if you win, right? I definitely want to try those multiplayer raids out, but I don't want to waste 60 stamina on fights if people are just flat-out trolling / bringing horrible abilities and being dumb as bricks.
-You only lose stamina when playing multiplayer if you win. If you're playing as a single player, even in multiplayer raid dungeons, you still pay stamina upon entering rather than upon winning.
-Remember that multiplayer stamina costs are different depending on whether you're the raid leader or just a participant. So for that difficulty 140 dungeon, the raid leader pays 60 stamina and all other participants pay 20 upon winning.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

In this case it won't matter, but apparently there do exist soft caps and hard caps on how much you can debuff an enemy in the same way that there exist soft and hard caps on how much you can buff an ally. This is not to say that the soft caps trail off nearly as drastically in the former case, but they do still exist. In particular, the offensive (ATK, MAG, MND) stat soft/hard caps are at -65% and -70%, while the defensive (DEF/RES) ones are at 70% and 80% (respectively). (An initial offensive penalty beyond -76% hard caps at -70%, while an initial defensive penalty beyond -87% hard caps at -80%.)

But it's still very difficult to actually reach the soft caps in the first place given multiplicative stacking, the fact that an increasing capacity for debuffs is met eventually with debuff resistance (generally starting at the difficulty 99 dungeons in events, or at difficulty ~110 in elite story dungeons), and the outright generosity of those caps in the first place. In Wilekat's case the results would be, assuming debuff resistance:
  • 36% DEF/-64% DEF
  • 64% ATK/-36% ATK
  • 48% MAG/-52% MAG
  • 60% RES/-40% RES
Without debuff resistance, the DEF (-91%) and MAG (-82%) penalties would end up hitting their hard caps, while the ATK (-64%) and RES (-70%) penalties would still barely be unaffected by the soft caps.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zurai posted:

Actually the magic soft cap for enemies is 742, so it's a little less of damage loss than you might think. It still reduces damage done by about 64%, though.
I believe that the ATK soft cap for enemies is also still lower, at 346. Given how the soft ATK/MAG caps work in general, it's useful for the game designers that 3461.3 ≈ 2000/5901.3 ≈ 4000 (ATK)* and 7421.15 ≈ 2000/10551.15 ≈ 3000 (MAG)**. (Along the same lines, the ninja magic soft cap is 370, and 370.575 ≈ 30.***)

*For those unfamiliar, the physical damage formula is that the base damage of PCs before command multipliers and whatnot is [ATK1.3] * ATK.5 / DEF.5, where the initial bracketed portion stops growing after a soft cap. The result is that after hitting the soft cap your base damage is 4000 * ATK.5 / DEF.5. Enemies apparently use a slightly different formula, where their base damage is [ATK1.3] * ATK.7 / DEF.84, which is why stacking RES buffs and ATK debuffs is comparitively meaningful for reducing enemy damage.

**Similarly, the magical damage formula establishes the base damage of PCs before command multipliers at [MAG1.15] * MAG.5 / RES.5, where as before the bracketed portion stops growing after a soft cap. For enemies, it's instead [MAG1.15] * MAG.7 / RES.84.

***The defense-ignoring damage formulas are a bit weird. For physical attacks, base damage becomes [ATK].9. For magical attacks, base damage becomes [MAG].575 * [MAG].25, where (one more time) the bracketed portion stops growing after a soft cap. To compensate, these carry higher command multipliers than normal. (If you see a defense-ignoring attack on a boss AI sheet, beware; there seems to be a fair amount of variance in presentation or in exactly what formula the boss uses.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Should I care at all to pull my punches with Bahamut SIN, or should I just rush him down and hope for all other medals?

Edit: It turns out that if you kill fewer than eight Shadow Creepers you can get partial credit! In this case I ended up killing six - four by damage, and two more when the boss died like a chump.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 29, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

After trying out a collection of magic setups against Cagnazzo involving Edward + RW Serah, and getting my steam bled out by the constant barrier swapping, I decided to do what others in the thread had done by declaring gently caress this Nonsense and beating him with brute force. Leon was basically perfect for drawing the stop counters, as not only did he have Knight 5 access but additionally his BSB had a self-heal command to hold him for a while. Even when the reflect RM* wore off and he ate a stop counter (probably should have used a relevant accessory), the lingering Magic Lure effect was still able to block other party members from being hit for just long enough.

*Red XIII's MC1, for those who wish to try something similar.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Do you have both Shellga and Protectga running? Caius uses a mixture of attack types, and sometimes it's hard to tell whether an attack is physical or magical without looking up datamined statistics.

Do you have some sort of dispelling option available? Body and Soul gives him regen and +20% ATK/MAG, which is still appreciable despite hitting at least one enemy soft cap. (Banishing Strike is usually my go-to source of this.)

What medicas do you have? In my case, running with Princess's Prayer (AoE Curaga + magic blink) helps as a consistent panic button.

Caius seems comparable to U+ Bartz, in that the difficulty is pretty consistent regardless of what kind of tack you try to take with the fight. The majority of bosses have some sort of exploitable flaw that you can abuse (like Cagnazzo, of course), but in the case of Caius the fight is a more straightforward beatdown. (I would love to try fighting U+ Bartz again just to see how far I've come, since he was my first U+ kill and at the time I leaned on the Drawtaliate crutch hard.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ok let's start here. I can't imagine that many people have a Reno SSB up as their RW. If anyone reading this does, please post your friend ID so I can follow you.

Next, I have almost no sleep abilities but this dungeon combined with the MP dragon fight has made me consider making and honing Phantasm. I have a 99 Ramza that should be able to use it.

After that, is it just a matter of keeping up Sleep while hammering Cindy, then finish the rest off?

Are there any BSBs I can lean on besides Sephiroth? Here are all the characters I have that are 80+:

If you're looking for Reno's SSB, start here and search for "Turk Bombshell". Make sure to select a few folks with high MND, as that influences how long the sleep effect lasts.

Phantasm is super useful for inflicting sleep, though unlike Turk Bombshell it's limited to single targets and doesn't have a 100% hit chance. (50% is still good so far as sleep effects go.) You'll definitely want to hone it for the Magus Sisters, Kashuan Keep, or both.

Other than that, yeah, it's not a terribly difficult fight so long as you keep them controlled. Cindy is more dangerous if she's actually awake to hit you (as you've got a lot of physical damage there), but the worst thing she can do is to cast Holy and that's locked to keep it from being cast back-to-back. Just make sure to have a lot of good hones, as grinding through Cindy's health is still a slog regardless of your damage type. (Native Shout helps, of course!) Additionally, if you're leaving Cindy awake then make sure not to kill her sisters while she's still alive, as unlike with several other fights with enemies who'll revive each other Cindy will get her sisters back up fast.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

AweStriker posted:

- If a character with Magic Lure is then Stopped, does the lure dissipate?
No. This exact scenario happened to me when I mastered the fight, after my reflect RM wore off. It's not an ideal situation to be in, since you're down one set of actions, but it still works as a short-lived stalling technique.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The current ATK softcap for PCs is actually 590; 346 is just the ATK softcap for enemies. (Also, such growth is approximately quadratic; exponential growth is an entirely different order of things.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I have about as much enthusiasm for Ceodore and the remaining TAY content as I would for a root canal, but content is content and I've already stomached references to FF13-2.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

General. loving. Leo.
Well, the point of that list is that it's a collection of side characters who haven't shown up in FFRK, not even in JP. In contrast, General Leo already showed up as a JP character and is apparently set to be the focus of the very next Global event.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

You know what, now I want a Lightning SB in which she demonstrates the proper way to deal with FF13's moogles. Namely, to suffer precisely none of their poo poo, but instead to launch them or otherwise knock them flying.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Lately we've had a rash of enelement BSBs, and the latest belongs to Quistis complete with poison element. Try using that as your RW and bursting Seifer down.

Though to back that up, what do you natively have in terms of Wall/hastega/faithga/medicas?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I've said this before and I don't know if this is the problem you're having, but just in case: Ice is a trap. Bring one copy of an Ice skill for the medal conditions. Other than that, bring as much Lightning as you need to break the water barrier and make sure everything else is non-elemental. Or Holy, Holy's fine too.
This is so true. Back when the fight was fresh I'd attempted to do it the intended way, but I ended up finding out (the next day) that it was better to just beat Cagnazzo up with raw damage while bringing along just enough abilities for the medal conditions. In my case I slammed his face in with my physical team, and avoided most of his stop counters with Magic Lure/Reflect RM, but if you've got a bunch of powerful magic SBs you can probably do just as well with them instead.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I have yet to try the current MP Ult, but if the U+ is any indication then you can generally have a healer overload and still be perfectly fine. My group had four healers (Lenna, Yshtola x2, Ovelia) and four DPS (Vaan, Pecil x2, Ramza)...which meant that we never took much damage through breakdowns/buffs/magic blink and were able to quickly clear any enemies through BSB spam.

Honestly it was relaxing compared to SP U+/U++. Plus the Minfilia event is apparently showing up around the end of December, so I'll be able to add more abilities to the collection.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 9, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Multiplayer really benefits from emulation, considering how much poo poo there is to be tracked at once by a device that will presumably fit in your pocket. I recall having lag spikes on my tablet such that I couldn't piece together the flow of battle, but on my desktop everything's smooth as butter.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I struggled with the FF8 U++ (eventually managed a clear without mastery), but considering that even Kefka was much easier I'm guessing that the Sorceress fight was just overtuned like Mote Ifrit. And both are from FF8; I'm sensing a pattern here. :v: He still wasn't easy, as I had to rejigger my team once for more damage potential by swapping out Exdeath for Basch. But regardless he couldn't stand forever against two holy-typed BSBs (Pecil and Garnet), so once they got those going he was taking ~40K per round.

Guardian was definitely made easier by throwing Grand Cross in the mix to absorb single-target magic, and I got confused about which fight I used Exdeath in. :downs: Not Guardian, but rather just FF8 U++ and a Kefka attempt. While I'm a bit skeptical on its efficacy against Kefka (given that he has more defense and health than Guardian), I'm curious about putting it up for RM. Thoughts? I'm used to searching out other useful-but-niche RMs as opposed to having one.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 11, 2016

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Everyone has R3 Saint Cross, right? In comparison, how many people even honed Bio Grenade to R2?
Oddly enough I have the latter but never even crafted the former. :shrug: (I generally stick to R4 Cleansing Strike x2 and/or Pecil's BSB.)

But to address your overall point, the issue wasn't that there was a multi-stage fight or that any given stage had multiple targets, but rather that the different stages had notably different requirements that are difficult to squeeze into a single team all at once. If we had (say) three identical or at least similar waves of any given stage, that U++ fight would be a lot easier. (We've already had the Black Knight fight from FF2, for instance, and that was probably one of the easiest U++'s thus far.)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

In my case I just brought along Edge for his Eblan Dual-Wield, which (unlike Tempo Flurry or other non-SB abilities) is guaranteed to inflict slow if the target's not immune. The only real issue I had was in keeping up SG, as otherwise I might get blasted when Atomos eventually munched on crystals and farted out a few AoEs.

Compared to the other weird gimmick bosses of the second Nightmare wave, I wonder why Atomos showed up here. You could easily swap him for the Tonberries and no one would notice anything to be out of place.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

victrix posted:

"Atomos is easy"

Screw you guys :mad:
What do you have available to you? For once the info blurb tells you nearly all that you need:
  • A way to interrupt Atomos (generally Dismissal). I only needed one at R5, but considering how few bosses are immune to it I'll probably craft another one during the next orbfest.
  • A way to slow Atomos, and quickly. Tempo Flurry is your obvious choice, though Slowga will still apparently work without triggering a counter. (In my case I have Elban Dual Wield, which has an impressive 100% chance to slow.)
  • Defeat Atomos before he eats three Amethysts. Ideally you don't want to let him eat any, because the penalty for destroying one (30s Doom) isn't nearly as bad as for him eating at least one (RES-ignoring magic AoE), but if you slow him beforehand then he'll have less chance to munch on any gems in the first place. (Seriously, his speed in the second phase with the gems is a ludicrously low 50.)
  • He's immune to break effects, so don't expect anything from them. (You can still bring them along, like I did, if you're just looking for damage and haven't honed a lot of 5-star abilities.)
  • Having some way to dispel buffs ("It will power itself up during battle by sucking in gemstones...") is nice but not necessary.
About the only thing that the blurb doesn't tell you is that its phase 1 ability list also includes AoE slowga, but you can easily mitigate that either by recasting Haste on an affected party member or simply by outracing it to phase 2 with slow/interrupt. I recommend the second, since the slowga effect is only possible in the first phase to begin with and you should ideally be controlling Atomos already for the mastery conditions. If you do still get slowed, just reload the fight and try again.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zurai posted:

For the record, Stun is becoming less and less useful in JP. Most of the top-end event bosses and all of the top-end multiplayer bosses are immune to it now.
Well that's kinda dumb; if they don't like having their bosses to be hit with it, why did they even introduce it in the first place? Really, the Final Fantasy model of status effects being either silver bullets or useless becomes more and more baffling considering all the other models out there that are far less binary.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

DU33 is now on the spreadsheet. Hopefully we're getting Mind Break(down) at some point, as FF5's Halicarnassus implies its existence.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I drew on the most recent banner in a vain hope to get Cid's new SSB (which is apparently a carbon copy of Shout), but instead got Angeal's and Yuffie's SSBs. Oh well, the former is Yet Another Holy SB (helpful with +holy item boosts) and the latter is my first native source of physical blink. In summary, :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

That Ult is not the best designed fight, given how Spider Web is a loving auto-hit AoE stop command, but given the comments upthread I'm sure we all knew that. Still, I managed to beat its shiny metal rear end up through judicious timing. The U+ was a joke in comparison, considering that with various buffs and debuffs the G Eraser could only manage 200-300 per hit. Bahamut Fury wasn't quite as easy, but luckily for me he never happened to spam Flare and so I only needed one S/L to counter an early death. In this case, having All The Blink (between Ovelia and Yuffie) and All The Resistance (between SG/Shellga/Wings of Pride) really helped to clamp down on the mixed damage.

So except for the Ult, this time around the bonus battles were on the easier side for me. I'm sure I'll be eating my words when the Torment Mote dungeons show up, but until then...

• Locked thread