Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

If you have Enkidu, that's another source of Medica in your back pocket. The trickiest thing is avoiding AOE attacks to not kill Rinoa yourself.
With enough damage potential it can be fine to use the occasional AoE, like I did with Quistis BSB. The key there is just to use it as a stepping stone to something greater, like buffing stats for a single-target command or in my case to apply an aura for an OSB. (I have three characters with an aura->OSB combo, and funny enough two of them are from FF8.)

Also I wouldn't neglect Protectga. Adel only has the one physical command, but I recall from the past event that Flare Bomber (which is ranged) still hurts like a monster without the full suite of standard defenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

My rule of thumb is to toss anything in the Vault that's not general-use in some way or necessary for current event synergy. So in this case, "general-use" is 6* gear, a collection of +all bracers, other +element armor, and accessories that will see common use like +35 ATK or resist KO.

Of course beyond that you really want to inventory everything you have, so that you're not just relying on memory for +resist petrify gear or whatever. (They're all in 7 or 10, but still.) This game could stand to have more comprehensive tools for such a task, but actually implementing it and doing so well would be an uphill battle.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I got 2/11 on my pull - Paine USB and Tidus BSB. Pretty nice, especially considering that they're both at 99 for lesser reasons. (Paine SSB was an old enwater option, and Tidus RM3 is so far the only source of +30% water.)

ceaselessfuture posted:

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure EnElement LMs are some of the best LMs in the game.
I have this for Aranea with her SSB and BSB.

It's devastating just how much damage she can throw around in a hurry.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I went 3/11...but only BSBs. No more chains (and the one I have is nice but frankly I am not at all starved for holy options), no USBs, and no LMRs. Just Thancred BSB2/Zack BSB/Reno BSB. The first is a real headscratcher because he still has no enpoison effects at this time, the second is a moderately dated but still useful imperil, and the third is really nice as I'd already grabbed his LMR while chasing better relics on the most recent FF7 event. :science:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Don't use a mage team. Cloud USB is just fine for the A+
His initial rate of damage is high enough that I couldn't slot in RW Cloud USB as proposed to the usual trinity. And as for the silence proc, I just moved most of the group up front to bypass it.

As it happened Zanmato killed most of the party purely on account of damage (Y'shtola went down first :rip:), but my two survivors were my primary DPS and thus I still achieved mastery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Shock Trooper posted:

has anyone ever had their magicites get reset to blank on their Saved Parties? Twice in the last 3 days I've seen my party 1 slot lose its saved magicites, when I know for a fact I didn't re-save it with them gone. None of the other quick slots were affected.
Does this have anything to do with multiplayer? You can't take magicites into a multiplayer fight regardless of mode, and if you look at the parties available from your favorites they will have any saved magicites blanked out.

• Locked thread