Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Loving the new OP, sir. Thanks you very much!

Now I go back at tinkering with my A team to include Cloud into it, since I got his OSB. I was free from him, /free/.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
3/11 -- Vegas, Wyrmfang and one of Hope's regular SBs. Nothing extraordinary, but I can't really complain about it.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hmmm, I've been thinking about it. I've been waiting for a good banner to drop some Mithril on to get some nice Faithgas and other Magic-Related party relics, considering my main A-Team party is pretty... complete by now. Thanks you, Climhazzard/Finishing Touch Cloud with Faris's Imperil Wind SSB.

Is there any good banners coming up for that, for building a nice mage-based party?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Thancreed's Yoshimitsu and Delita's Coral Sword. I guess it could've been a lot worse!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
That IS strange, I didn't get my 25 mithril either.

How's the FF12 banners going on, right now? I've realized that FF12 IS one of my weak realms as far synergy goes.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I pulled on Banner 1 of FF12. I got Gaia Gear(ehn) and Fran's SSB(yay). So I'd say it was good, I needed some good FF12 synergy.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Huh. This U++ is the first U that I can't beat really easily in a long while, probably due to my horrifically low amount of FF12 synergy gear. That's kind of hard.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Mmmkay, after a while of trying the FF12 U++, I'm not quite sure where to proceed, now, and need some help.

I'll begin by saying my FF12 Synergy is not too great. I have Fran's SSB Bow, and one of Ashe's swords. That's it, the rest are fused 4*s to, admittedly, being 4+++s. My initial strategy of plowing through things with the usual barrage of SBs is not working, so I went to try to go more Knight-wise, to get more holy damage in. Not as much power, either.

So I'm thinking this. Everyone is level 80.

Bartz(BSB and SSB): Lifesiphon, Magic Break
Faris(BSB and SSB): Thief's Revenge+Tempo Flurry
Leon(Hand of the Emperor): Saint's CrossR2, Magic Lure
Tyro(BSB+SG): Full Break+Banishing Strike
Eiko(Her two SSBs) Curaja+Shellga.

I'm basically thinking of getting enough firepower going on and with Leon magic luring the Darkra, buy myself some time to do it.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Attestant posted:

For starters, you're mitigating the wrong damage type. Daedalus has only one magica attack (Piercing Darkra), which you can take care of with that Magic Lure + a Dark resist item. So change to Power Breakdown + Protectga instead. Then, is it possible to have a setup where the Saint Cross and Banishing Strike are on your Bow and Sword users? Daedalus is stupid tanky, and you want to hit the weakness when you can.

Honestly though, you may not be able to do this with such low synergy. This guy is almost Mote Ifrit-tier in difficulty. I got massive synergy, and it still took me almost two hours of attempts to squeak out a win. :shrug:

Chill, for the most part the only missable things most Ultimates reward are accessories, and even those end up being a nuisance eventually. Personally I'd only get antsy if missing mythril, since that is the most important resource long term, that isn't farmable in any ways.

Piles of major orbs are nice and all, but nothing mandatory, since dailies and orbfests will shower you with them anyways. You just gotta first invest in the baseline hones to be able to do Ults comfortably, and then enjoy the Major Orb interest once you're there. Trying to skip too far ahead the curve is going to lead to frustration.

All of that was taken into account! With some pushing, I managed to get him. Thanks you!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Shoenin posted:

FF12 event ends tommorow...and I think its finnally gonna happen. Im finally not going to be able to finish an event.

Figures it'd be based around a game I dont like and a character I hate. Daedalus is unadulterated horseshit.

I basically had to Hit and Run him for a while, honestly, and stack in more Debuffs.

Bartz had 5* Bow with Lifesiphon/Dismissal(didnt help), spammed BSB and SSB
Faris had Thief's Revenge and Power Breakdown, also spammed her BSB(and burst actions)
Leon had Magic Lure and Banishing Strike(and slapped Hand of the Emperor)
Tyro did SG, Full Break and Saint's Cross(and Keeper's Tome)
Eiko did Rebirth and her other Hastega, while healing with Curaja and Protectga.
RW was Shout. Everyone else had some 4+++ synergy weapons.

I basically slammed everything I could in the first few rounds, smacked him until RIGHT before half way health, refreshed everything then and kept going. I kept Medicas charges ready just in case he decided it was swell to start spamming AoEs.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Just drawn on the Relic banner.

...another Shear Trigger, Cid's Trident and Zell's Ehrgeiz. Meh?

I guess I COULD make a 8* Shear Trigger.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 9, 2016

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I'm not too sure how to make it work, personally. I've tried to set up a room with some folks, but, they can't seem to join.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

kalensc posted:

I set a rom ID if 9111 to take on Ifrit lvl140

I'll wait 5-10 min and hopefully some goons will join the assault! :)

I tried, but there's really no way to go 'hey I wanna join this ID room' option.

EDIT: THAT IS in the search lobby place, not, you know, at the chose the options for the raids. I am not stupid, I swear. This is at the Face Ifrit or the other one, at the bottom, Raid ID Search.

My pals and I are, in fact, that stupid to not notice it.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 22, 2016

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Went for a 11 pull and got Ignus's Shield and Arc's Super Rod.

So, uh, I could feasibly do another pull and still have enough for Friday easily. Just, ah, how astounding is it to have OK's?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's like Shout/Sheepsong where it's great to have natively, but you can RW it just fine.

Just decide if you want more FFIII synergy, and if so debate on whether you want it from banner 1 or banner 2.

Hmmmm, beyond the two relics I just mentioned, I have Tyrfing as relics for FF3. My synergy's not too great, no.

I do, however, still lack a Shout/Sheepsong equivalent, which is somewhat annoying for mage parties.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Rule of thumb if you're waffling on a banner: see if you can beat the bonus battles without them. If not, consider a pull.

I've decided I'll wait until that, yeah, and at least after the Black Friday drop. See what it gets me.

ALSO, Onion Knight is super broken I understand from hearing about it, but you need to invest ressources into him, getting his Onion Knight Motes, spend motes to boost him, get him to level 99(he explosively get better at around 90+) if you get his relics.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Varance posted:

Ways to level Onion Knight without him dying:

1) Put him in the back row, with one of Refia's throwing weaps if you have one.
2) You should really be using one of the EXP Up RMs on him, but the Gentle Soul RM will give him shell at the start of each battle. If you're like me and just want to auto and forget, one lost battle's worth of XP will wipe out 500 stamina's worth of whatever you would have gained from an EXP RM.
3) Alternately, use Amarant's/Delita's MC2 on sturdier characters to start each battle with Draw Fire and Magic Lure, respectively. He'll never get hit.
4) If you have it from a past FF8 event, equip him with the Veil of Adel accessory for +700 HP.
5) Have a White Mage with Pulse Kindness or one of the other "Cure instead of Attack" RMs to keep everyone topped up.

If you can't do any of the above, bring a White Mage with Raise or Curaise to get him up before the end of each battle. He'll be a glass cannon until he gets into the 90s, so be ready to raise.

You dont NEED the Onion Knight in the party to get his motes, right? Because, I've did three laps of the drat ++ and I didn't get a single drop.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Well, I didn't get OK's bracers.

But that's OK. I got Celes' Lightbringer, which is, honestly, just about as good in my books for the moment. Also Tiny Bees.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

kalensc posted:

How is Faris optimally kitted out with her BSB? Since it doesn't stack with Full Break or Breakdowns do people use it more as a supplementary source of mitigation? Something like Ramza as main support and Faris as a thief, and then they swap to DPS and support when a BSB is ready?

I personally equip Faris with Thief's Revenge and Tempo, I use Tyro as Full Break+Breakdown, myself.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Eeeeh it's been a while, I dropped a 5 bucks on FFRK to get some gems. Time to do some 100 pulls.

...And I get arc's white mage robes on Luneth 1, gave me a heart attack when I saw that 5* popping up. I thought I was getting the bracers!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
There's been a lot of people that got a Tiny Bee. Huh. Including me, some other friends and lots of people on here.

Like, not just A Tiny bee, but at least one admist other stuff.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with what I got: Tiny Bees and Celes's BSB. Additionally, I am AT LONG LAST free of Eiko as my main healer, as I got Arc's two SSBs. Arc, the man who follows the footsteps of Minwu, showing that, yes, guys can be awesome healers, too.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
What IS a good way to beat the Curada boss, anyway? It's stupidly high RES, counters melees and just go nuts. I've heard things about using ninja abilities and summons, but nothing too useful.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I seeeeee, you mean brute force, as in, go in with my Phsyical A-Team, go full buffing, don't give a gently caress and just plow through poo poo.

OR to, what, set up a summoner team?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
There we go, I beat 'm. Ran out of gas with abilities(did not hone Ninja stuff enough) and I had to rely on, out of all things, Yuna's BSB for damage. So, I didn't mastered it, but I'll return someday with more hones to get them White Crystals.

Meanwhile, I've got Curada. Yay!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
So, here's the important question: is the Lucky Banner even G5? By the look of it, I'm not even SURE about that.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Well then, I pulled with the hope of SOME FF4 buckery.

I get Red XIII's Magic Comb. Woop, woop. Oh well!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Huuuhn.

VI: Rune Blade, Lightbringer, Burning Fist, Golden Spear, Maduin's Horn, Magus Rod, Stardust Rod, Cards, Gaia Gear
IX: Mage Masher, Zorlin Shape, Diamond Sword, Coral Sword, Oak Staff, Golem's Flute, Fairy Flute
XIII: Kaiser Fistx3, Raines' Gloves, Hunter's Rod, Wyrmfang, Airwing, Nurata 2, Vega 42, Deneb Duelliers, Rainer's Cloak, Gold Bangle
XIV: Yoshimitsu, Thyrusx2, Ninja Chainmail

huh, my synergy's better than I remembered. Just low on character-based relics on 9.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 5, 2016

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

I am a big fan of the monetization structure so far which led to me dropping Brave Exvius for this, even though BE looks and runs a lot smoother on my phone. I like that characters are easy to get because I can be suboptimal and just play with people I like if I want :3

I dropped BE when I dumped about 30 pulls to try to get a character(Leo) once, and did not get it and returned to FFRK.

For all we say, FFRK is ridiculously generous with it currency and giving you good poo poo while BE feels like a hamster wheel sometimes.

Anyhow, nowdays the great days of Bricking a 11 pull are over, I'm quite eager to see what I'm gonna get for that half-pull. Do we know, by the way, what the finished multiplayer version is gonna be like?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Raines's Glove.

Again.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
100 gems get me Relm's Luminous Robe.

...Yaaaaaay, I guess! More 5 stars!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

bilperkins2 posted:

Is there any benefit to doing the MP battles actually MP, besides reduced stamina cost? Sometimes I just can't be bothered to deal with online people and just solo it - I'm not having any problems difficulty-wise, so just checking that I'm not missing anything otherwise.

Aren't they making more difficult stages, too? I've been appreciative of the MP aspect because now I can help some of my buddies that aren't as advanced as I am get some more goodies.

Also it's pretty fun.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm probably going to do two pulls on Alphinaud 1 since people are saying I'll have enough, that'll leave me with none for OSB fest but oh well.

Unless I get lucky and pull all the super good equipment on my first 11 pull. Yeah right. :v:

I'll probably have enough for 3 pulls by then, and it'll all go into it, assuming the OSB Fest don't drain me with something interesting. I really need another Faithga/Hastega for my Mage team, Celes' is nice but, well, both stacks, you know?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Used my before last 100 Gem. I get Last Judgement Grimoire.

Y--Yay? I guess I have ALL of Tyro's relics, now.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I made Meltdown, myself, and I'm pretty close at being able to hone it at least once. I'm just sad it's in competition with Curada for earth Crystals, because that's what I also want to make.

The other good 6*s are Northern Cross and Snowstorm Strike, right?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I get Lightbringer for Celes, her BSB!
... it's my second one.

That's still 100% better than Josef' glove!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Banner 1's the big one - Shout, Stoneskin II and Vanille BSB. It's also very Fire-focused, if that's your thing. If you need Medicas, banner 3 has 3, and banner 5 has OK BSB along with two other sources of +ATK/MAG.

3 also have Maria's BSB which, as I understand it, is potentially absolutely insane.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hmmmmm, I was saving for FF14 and get some fukkin' Leylines admist others, but I'm looking at OSB1 and OSB3, honestly. The only duplicate I'd get on 1 is Thyrus. I'm looking pretty good in my own relic collection, so, really, I'm still debating. My physical A-Team is pretty complete at this point. Having a Mage with an OSB would be pretty brutal. I DO lack native Shout, but that's hardly an issue, honestly. I have SG so I can just RW it.

I DO own Cloud's OSB, Faris' BSB/SSBs, same for Bartz, every godamn Tyro SB somehow and Arc's SSBs.

For OSB3, it would be to get a shot at Maria's BSB

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
gently caress IT, drawing, despite been saving for 14 all last months.

... I shouldn't have.

This gets me a THIRD Thyrus and Terra's Circlet.

At least I have a 8* Thyrus...?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

1st AD posted:

I was saving my last 11-pull for Banner 3 since I have none of the relics and really want Agrias BSB, Ovelia Media, or Celes Indomitable Blade, but I couldn't resist the urge to dollar draw and got Artemis Bow :toot:

I'll have 250 mithril for it and FF14. I'm not 100% if I'll roll super hard on FF14, but I guess I'll see what I do get out of my pulls.

From what I've seen, that FF14 banner is pretty nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Pull 1 got me Omnirod. Meh. Another pull.
Pull 2 got me one thing I really wanted: Leylines from Papalymo's! HURRAY!
Pull 3 gets me Evoker's Doublet. drat, man.

I've got 3 more pulls. Pondering to shove more into it.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 1, 2017

• Locked thread