Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Good OP. One thing to note: there's one or two exceptions to the buff ID rule, right? I can't remember which ones, though.

Garin posted:

I finished every classic and elite dungeon that's available and got Shout from the Keeper's Choice 2. I don't know what else to do with my phone now.

there's always jp :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Garin posted:

I am not -quite- that desperate just yet. I can also only read katakana so it would just be a mess.

hard mode :v:

for real though, FF: Mobius is a lot of fun. It has a more modern battle system-- kind of like a really simplified Lightning Returns. I wouldn't recommend Brave Exvius, that one's stupidly grindy and pulls have (or at least had) ridiculously low rates. Brave Frontier's alright, even if its glory days are long gone-- might be making a comeback, actually. GUMI's the company that develops that one though, and they're awful people who pulled Chain Chronicle, an actual good game :colbert:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Edit: ^ You get to pick a relic every time you drop an 11x, up to five pulls.

Is the boost to wind damage from Oath's Veil enough to make it worth a pull on Keeper's Choice 2? I have Platinum Sword and Stardust Rod already (plus Oerba's Boon, Dreamstage, and White Materia, so I really don't need Physician's Staff+, and while I'd like SG or Masamune I don't need them enough to drop a pull.

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 9, 2016

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think he's asking could he, for example, choose multiple oath's veils, one each time, or do they have to be different?

Whoops, no clue then!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
So i figured since i got ragnarok within two pulls and the next banner i care about is in about a month, I'd drop an 11x on Selphie 1 in the hopes of Crystal Gloves for m'boy Zell (with almasy revolver, strange vision, and sorceress gown as runner up prizes).

Man this week has really made up for that 0/80 over the summer :woop: :woop:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Bear in mind Keeper 2 isn't going anywhere any time soon. If you wanna drop a pull on your favorite final fantasy or the chance of a crazy relic like Ragnarok (:getin:), then go for it, especially if you're early on. Any relic you get from these banners (unless you get some reaaaally abysmal off-banner pull) is going to be able to carry you for a while. Hell, even a lovely off-banner pull should still be able to carry you up through about the first half of most event elites-- that's about as far as I was getting back in the dark days of non-G5 when I didn't have a single soul break.

keeper 2 is really good though, so it is the smart choice

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

pichupal posted:

Hope is a bit better in the sequels, but he's definitively annoying in the first game. I did end up liking him a little, and the sequence where Snow says all the worst possible things to Hope without noticing how much Hope hates him was fun.

I'm curious if whether he was voiced better in Japanese or something, because Hope and Lightning are certainly pretty popular in Japan. He got his OSB before Lightning too.

The JP voice actors are apparently well known and good. So are the english ones, but they were told to base their mannerisms off of the japanese voice actors, or something, and so we wound up with Ali Hillis doing a stilted deadpan. :shrug:I don't think that has too much to do with why Hope and Lightning are more popular over there, though.

Chalk me up as someone who started of detesting hope and then mained him in the end game because he grew as a character and grew on me :shobon: The scene with Snow is pretty loving great and helped immensely.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Moonring, Physicians Staff, and Hawkeye. No game changers, but not a bad haul! :toot: First piece of III synergy gear. I'm excited to finally be able to throw Hope onto the team, and it's nice to give Vanille a sidegrade to Oerba's Boon, even if I never use her over Selphie's Dreamstage or Aeris' White Materia.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Extremely late to the party, but I finally beat that loving zombie dragon and nabbed my MC III lode. Reviving bosses are the death of me, not totally sure why. Here's my party breakdown in case anyone else is struggling:

SBs:
Cloud: Climhazzard/Finishing Touch
Aeris: White Materia
Faris: Sea Lord's Broadside, never used (she was only there so I could buff my defenses enough to stop dying)
Ramza: Shout
Zack: Apocalypse

I wound up doing some orb management and honing up a firaga strike so I'd have the DPS. Aeris' BSB was a lifesaver since it let me carry both shellga and protectga while still having a curaga (-ja?) command available.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

CaptainPsyko posted:

Reviving bosses might be the death of you because your breakdowns only look to be R2; remember, every time the boss 'dies' all it's debuffs get cleared and have to be reapplied.

I need another orbfest :negative:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
This game better not go the way of Chain Chronicle :ohdear: I don't think it'll shut down or take a hit in quality though, since it's a collab with such a big company and a financial hit in and of itself. Worst case Square passes the torch to a new company, and as long as it doesn't wind up in Gumi/Alim's hands everything should be alright.

on a totally unrelated note, why the gently caress are there trash mobs in this event with instant ko attacks :argh:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Attestant posted:

Ok. So now I got a message from Google, that they cannot refund this, and that I should contact the app developers instead.

So DeNA took away my gems because I wanted a refund, and told me to contact Google.

Google does nothing, and tells me to contact DeNA.

So now I'm $100 short AND the 9500 gems have been removed from my account to boot.

Welp, more emails to DeNA support then.

:smithicide:

Jesus christ. Is there an active number you can call?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
What's a good RM to throw on m'boy Zell? The rest of my current A-team, for reference:

Cloud/Climhazzard/Finishing Touch/Battleforged
Faris/Sea Lord's Broadside/Charismatic Aura
Ramza/Shout/Hail of Stones/Dr. Mog's Teachings
Aeris/White Materia/Mako Might

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Kraken down! :toot: would have gone down yesterday if I'd known whether mog's hint meant my left or the monster's...

KataraniSword posted:

Do you have Combat King? If so, toss Ace Striker or Battleforged on him, give him Lifesiphon and Lifebane, and go ham. One of his other SBs? Go with one of the "significantly boosts fist damage" RMs, Sphere him up to Celerity 5*, and Chaincharge to your heart's content.

I do have combat king :toot: (those are also the abilities I had glued to him already, so I'm glad I was on the right track.) I want battleforged to stay glued to Cloud so I can reasonably pull off the glory that is the shout/climhazzard/finishing touch/finishing touch combo, so I'll see about getting ace striker. Thanks!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

To be fair, mob names show up underneath them when a fight starts, and the tentacles are named "Right Tentacle" and "Left Tentacle".

Welp, I feel dumb :v:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Varance posted:

Soul Breaks from Japan:

Kefka's WTF, YOU MONSTER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmZ9elRv7Qw
Cyan gets something useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzr2PGD_qN8
Celes did not, in fact, need Locke's help escaping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkX9zxxxsx8

These are great :allears:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Traitor's Bow and Punisher :woop: :woop: I'm excited to have an upgrade over Pulsar Burst for my girl Fang (and also my first piece of XII synergy equipment or w/e, Fran's a cool looking character so I'll take it :toot:)

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
What are some good abilities to throw on Fang? Right now I've got her running 2x Sky High R1, which is nice but unsustainable for long fights. I do not have the crystals to hone 6* stuff, unfortunately, or I'd shatter one and buff the other.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Blood of the Wyvern/Dragoon Jump? Is... is this a trick question?

Nope, I just have no idea which dragoon abilities are worthwhile :shobon:

Schwartzcough posted:

What SB do you have for her? I assume you have something or wouldn't be asking. I mean, probably Lifesiphon to get her BSB going, and maybe Sky High if you have a round or two when not using burst commands. If you have her SSB, probably lifesiphon and Dragoon Dive honed to R3 or so.

Pulsar Burst and Highwind.

Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to proceed to not follow any of it because apparently I don't have enough orbs to do literally anything. Maybe someday, Fang :negative:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Really digging this version of Kefka's Theme. I wish there were music options in game so I could carry it over into screens I actually spend any time in.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Sesquiculus posted:

I got one of each in my inbox and there are two more of each available in my greens store. I wasn't around for last Halloween though, maybe it's a one time thing?

I also received one of each and 25 mythril in my inbox. I don't think it's supposed to be a one time thing. Probably just a glitch on their end, hopefully, the rest of you get your spooky goodies soon.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm kinda starting to get a little annoyed about how much of the new content that's coming out is just blatantly a mage-team check.

Agreed :sigh: I guess it's about time for mages to be useful again, but it sucks if your draws have skewed physical. I just got enough mage relics (technically playing since release, but just about half a year of actively playing) to try to build up a team, but I need to hone stuff up and level characters, which is my biggest roadblock right now.

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 31, 2016

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Not gonna lie, that Beast Within banner is tempting, but I'd rather save it for Zidane's OSB. And also Noel/Serah, Kain, OK, Leo, Greg, Lightning, Hope, Jecht... :negative:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
How does Celes' RM3 compare to Attunement II's elemental weakness buff (and how does that compare to air raid's wind buff, when applicable)?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm so happy daylight savings is over. Finally the event times are accurate :qq:

... well poo poo, i was still working on the ults :negative:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

...:getin:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
After reallocating mythril for my planned pulls, I dropped an 11x in hopes of getting Serah's BSB. Got two of Noel's instead. :toot: So, combine or keep separate?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

KataraniSword posted:

Do you have anything else for Lightning and/or Fang to swing around? It's still a solid sword.

I have flamberge, glaive, and punisher, so those two are set in terms of melee weapons (though I usually run Lightning with a gun for back-row spellblade shenanigans :getin:). I know XIII swords are hard to come by, though, which is why I'm a little hesitant.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

pilgrim tyro :3:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Even full price, that's a drat good banner. Gonna have to drop a pull on that one-- fortunately the thanksgiving mithril means I don't have to rebudget :D

Work was crazy last week, so I'm finally sitting down and burning through the coliseum stuff. It's a fun excuse to mess around with teams other than 'physical shout meta A-team' that's gotten me through all the Ult+'s so far. Unfortunately I don't have enough characters leveled for a full team in size matters not :negative:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Got tiny bee......

and LIGHTBRINGER IX :woop: :woop: :woop:

not gonna lie I'm pretty happy about tiny bee, too. I love Yuna, and having someone I can dedicate to summon/holy/non-elemental damage sounds great.

Alxprit posted:

So... is Auron's burst any good?

Yes, for the AOE reasons mentioned.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Finally got around to messing with multiplayer. This is a lot of fun, and way more tense than ult + battles have been in a long time.

Edit: I take it back what is this bullshit Ult+ raid

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 30, 2016

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

LornMarkus posted:

Get you a full Mage/Ninja team and it'll be a breeze. I'd offer to help you myself but I'm heading off to work before long. Still I'd suggest posting a raid tag and drafting goons to lessen your frustration. That or start one yourself and just kick anyone who comes in without a Mage setup.

Kawalimus posted:

I think it's lots of fun when you have a group that's competent. But finding one is kind of a pain sometimes. I was cursing that dark dragon so bad, but when I finally went into a group that was good, it was a breeze and cool to do.

Just had a *really* unlucky run my first go at Dark Dragon (someone's Tyro was ganked before sentinel's grimoire could proc, and I foolishly didn't trigger Aeris' White Materia immediately.) Managed to take it down though, and it was a lot of fun when we didn't get cheaped out turn one :toot:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

RagnarokAngel posted:

Presumably they're giving it a few weeks for people to make headway into the game so they don't spoil things.

The machine blade sword we got has XV synergy so it has to come into play somewhere.

There's no way we won't get XV, but Type-0 synergy exists even if only in the datamine, so that's not a huge guarantee. Maybe someday...

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Minor characters that can still be mined:

FF6
Interceptor

i need this in my life

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Which stage should I frantically run to grab all the onion motes I missed out on during midterms? Also, will they ever make a reappearance? :ohdear:

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'd like to do the mote dungeons but I'm spending all my stamina grinding for more onion motes. I have no FF3 synergy except my new onion sword and I can't seem to get past the Ult+ match to get that mote. The RNG is not being kind with the grinding, I'm still 3 motes shy of unlocking everything for Onion Knight, nevermind all the 4* motes I need to actually unlock his 5* abilities. Dang.

I had luck with this setup and absolutely no FF3 synergy:
Lightning: Full Charge/Thundara Strike/Crushing Blow/Attunement II
Cloud: Blizzara Strike/Aerora Strike (ultimately useless)/Climhazzard/Finishing Touch/Battleforged
Zell: Lifebane/Lifesiphon/Combat King/Balamb Firebrand
Aeris: Shellga/Esuna (ultimately useless, prioritize protectga instead)/White Materia/Mako Might
Ramza: Full Break/Lifesiphon/Shout/Dr. Mog's Teachings

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 3, 2016

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Charles Bukowski posted:

In game said the hardest difficulty EXP dungeon in the event is more likely for them to drop.

Cheers!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

CaptainPsyko posted:

Arguably 6! He just didn't stay an antagonist.

Also, Cid 6 is probably as reasonable a candidate for WHT/MCH as any of them. It's not a strong case mind you, but I guess it's a stronger case than you could make for Cid 12. (Not saying much.)

He spends a year taking care of Celes, right? That's a pretty solid argument.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Dupe Peacemaker, Lamia's Flute, and The Ogre :getin:

In the past week I've gone from absolutely no IX synergy to two physical BSBs on my two favorite characters from the game. Praise RNGesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
My luck's been too good lately, so I won't be too disappointed when I inevitably get one luminous robe and nothing--

...else.

:getin:

(I am now the proud owner of a 7* Crystal Helm)

• Locked thread